A A A A Author Topic: [HELP] World of Ages - technical problems - where to go with the project?  (Read 6199 times)

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Information Post (scroll down for original first post)
World of Ages is under construction. [50% completed | 26 months until opening]
Opening of the park rescheduled on April 2015

Latest news:
Photos for Age of Conquest published
Click here for latest update

NOTE:

This thread will have at least 2 different phases with different approaches, just to avoid 2 different threads about the same project.
The first phase is the construction phase, in which the thread will be labeled as [WIP].
The construction phase has a storyline, which allows you to give suggestions to me (construction and design critique, etc), and allows me to integrate it into the storyline, as you will be considered as member of my theme park company Trimontis.
The second phase will be the presentation phase, where the complete and opened park will be presented more and more like it would be shown to the public, instead of internally within the company.

Click here for the first post with pictures from the park.

List of completed Rides

60s Avenue:
  • Scenic Route
  • Flower Power
  • Bumper Cars
  • Métro Fou
  • Hôtel Noir
  • Le Carrousel
  • Japanese Tea Ride
  • San Juan Adventure
  • Santa Maria
  • Laguna
  • Octopus
  • Huascarán

original first post:
----------------------------------

Time for a new park!

[off topic]

Despite this first post not revealing much, you can consider this as the beginning of something big. I have been collecting ideas for this since 2011, started construction a while ago, and I'm excited to get this launched as a thread now!

"The Chronos Project" is just a code name for the start, so you can expect the thread title to be changed quite soon.

Some more important explanations before we get started for real:

- this first post will be edited / updated throughout the project and will work as guideline to understand the expected complexity of the thread a bit better

- this thread will have at least 2 different phases with different approaches, just to avoid 2 different threads about the same project. More details when it's time for that.

- parts of this thread will be interactive, for example in this very first post (hidden in a spoiler, more details further down).

- IMPORTANT: In the storyline, you (yes, you, and you...) will be adressed as employees of Trimontis International, "my" theme park company. This way, your interactivity and your feedback will be part of the storyline. However, of course you don't have to play along, you can feel free to stay off-topic yourself in your replies.

And now let's get started - on to the storyline!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Frank Bortens, 20 August 2011

INVITATION - TOP SECRET!

Dear colleagues of Trimontis International,

it‘s a pleasure for me to send you this invitation for a press conference at the Trimontis Headquarters in Blue Valley, as we have a big revelation to make.

We are asking for your discretion about this matter. Until the revelation is done, the codename of this matter is:

THE CHRONOS PROJECT

Please remain confidential about this, until all details are revealed in the press conference, which is only open for members of press and Trimontis employees. This means, that you can‘t bring a partner, friend or relative which isn‘t a part of the aforementioned groups of people.

We don‘t expect a high attendance, knowing that you live all over the world, but would be happy if you could join us...

on TUESDAY, 27 September 2011
from 15:00 to 16:30 CET

at

Trimontis Headquarters
Three Mountains Park
Maple Road 100
2480 Blue Valley, Engmany

The press conference is located in the estern wing of the entrance building, the former Hotel Marina Star.

On your arrival, please first check in at the Service Centre (marked in the images below). Please bring the attached invitation card with you. Trains to and from Blue Valley go every 10 minutes.

Programme

15:00 Beginning of the Press Conference. Revelation of The Chronos Project.

15:30 Event is closing for press.

Trimontis employees are invited to join us for discussions and small talk in The Station Restaurant in the park.

16:30 End of official programme. You are welcome to spend some more time in Three Mountains Park (closing at 6).

We‘re awaiting your reply

Please RSVP by sending us a confirmation if you‘re planning to attend the event.

We also added an attachment, which only should be opened if you are keen on spoilers. It contains a survey and gives you a small hint about The Chronos Project.

Hope to see many of you in September!

Best regards,

Frank Bortens
President
Trimontis International

Survey

Spoiler (hover to show)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

[off topic]

I know that it's not popular to start a thread with no single picture of the park, but I'd like to hold the first ones back, so I can integrate them into the storyline in the way I intend to. Hope you understand ;)

But for those who can't wait... I prepared at least some teaser as a spoiler - unless you want to keep the suspense all the way until the revelation ;)

Spoiler (hover to show)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:29 PM by Elch »

Disney Imagineer

•  
  • :
  • Go to the wood!
Re: The Chronos Project - the beginning of something big
Post #2     : August 20, 2013, 02:48 PM
This so neat.  :D I can't wait for this. I'm RSVPing for the announcement.

As for the location, that I'm not sure of. I would never personally pick Las Vegas for a theme park, just because its so commercialized already and a lot of the town is tacky, and I wouldn't want that being attached to the image of the park. I would say Albuquerque. Looks pretty there, after I Googled it.

Elizabeth

•  
  • :
  • shyguy's World Rocks!
Post #3     : August 20, 2013, 10:30 PM
I vote for Albuquerque. It sounds like you might run out of space for future expansions in Phoenix, and the park might be eclipsed by all the Vegas glitz. What an interesting introduction to the new park!

FlyingDutchman7

•  
  • :
  • FD7 Amusement
Post #4     : August 21, 2013, 02:45 AM
Looking forward to this. It's always great to see the 'large' projects.

I just looked it up and Las Vegas still has an average high temperature of 14.4 degrees celcius in January, so if you plan on opening the park year round in Phoenix, it might be good to also open it year round in Vegas too. 14.4 degrees is even higher than the average Dutch high temperatures in April :P

So, I'll say Vegas. I haven't seen a park on these forums in Vegas yet. (Neither did I with Alberquerque though :P)

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
The Chronos Project - Revelation Day!
Post #5     : August 27, 2013, 11:44 AM
[off topic]

Note 1: I'll do this update in more than one part :)

Note 2: The RCT creations shown in the video below are NOT from the actual project. They were made just for this very update.

And now let the first part of the revelation begin :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

27 September 2011

Blue Valley, Three Mountains Park

Tom Forster, Vice President of Trimontis International:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, dear journalists, dear colleagues, welcome to our little press conference at Three Mountains Park. My name is Tom Forster, I'm the guy to the left.  :P

Today, it's not about Three Mountains Park. Today it's about the revelation of something big, very big. Before I continue with my speech, I will first show you this little movie.
Lean back... and watch the revelation happen!

Let The Chronos Project begin!"

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:55 AM by Elch »

Disney Imagineer

•  
  • :
  • Go to the wood!
Re: The Chronos Project - Revelation Day
Post #6     : August 27, 2013, 12:48 PM
Oh my God how exciting! Your video was wonderful. I love how you zoomed in and out of objects as transitions between the scenes of the different ages. Love the little press conference storyline too! Loved the end of the video where the park's name popped up. Woo Albuquerque! Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
World of Ages
Post #7     : August 27, 2013, 03:08 PM

27 September 2011

Tom Forster, Vice President at Trimontis:

"World of Ages", dear friends, is the park behind the codename "The Chronos Project".

So, as of now, we can all call the child by its real name: World of Ages. It's going to be built in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and thus it's going to be the first Trimontis Park in America.

Instead of just reflecting different countries around the world, we are adding another dimension: Time.
Our guests will experience the era of dinosaurs, the antique Greece, a medieval village, the conquest of the New World, the Belle Epoque in Paris, and finally the good old 1960s.

There are two things, that we are doing for the first time ever:

The one is, constructing a major park from scratch. The other is, entering the American market. But we have the faith, that - with our experience that grew over decades - we will not only manage this task, but doing it as good as possible.

Let me give you some basic facts:

•   7 Roller Coasters
•   3 Dark Rides
•   4 Water Rides
•   6 Themed Areas
•   all year opening
•   costs about 850.000.000 $
•   creates hundreds of new jobs
•   opening July 2014

Now, please have a look on our estimated timeline:

Until October 2011: Preparations, Landscaping, Infrastructure
Until March 2012: Entrance area and building, Parking
Spring 2012: 1960s
Summer 2012: Belle Epoque
Autumn 2012 - Winter 2013: Conquest of the New World
Spring 2013: Middle Ages
Summer 2013: Antique Greece
Autumn 2013: Prehistoric
Winter - Spring 2014: General preparations
JULY 2014: GRAND OPENING

Now, I'd like to introduce you to our "WoA" Team!

I'm the guy to the left, and if we move further to right, we're having:

Mister Frank Bortens, the president of Trimontis. He will spend a lot of time on our new site in New Mexico.

Christine Metzger, you probably know her from Tauber-Park, she leaves her leading position of Trimontis Germany behind and now becomes our new expansion agent for North America.

and finally we have Jonathan Perry, he is going to be the park director at World of Ages.

Bert Meier, the construction supervisor, is the fourth guy in the core team, but unfortunately he can't be here now, as he is already in Albuquerque.

Christine Metzger would like to say a few words as well.

Your turn, Christine!"

Christine Metzger, future Expansion Agent of Trimontis North America:

"Hello, I'd just like to say thank you to Trimontis, thank you for your faith in my work. I happily step into my new position. At the same time, I am a bit sad about leaving Tauber-Park behind, but I'm looking forward to my new challenge.

Mister Bortens, Jonathan Perry and me will head to New Mexico already by the end of this week to join our construction supervisor Bert. We are very much on time with our preparations, the construction can begin any day now!

In the upcoming months, I will regularily share the status of our construction process with you.
The map below might suggest something else, but the detail plans for this park are already very advanced!

We don't want to reveal every detail as of yet, mostly because we want to reserve the opportunity for ourselves, to do changes from the plans in the last possible moment.

Here you can see it again: The actual park consists of six differently themed areas, and the entrance area. Besides that, we consider a resort and waterpark, but no decision has been done yet, about when it's going to open. We might hold this back for a much later season.

Once the overall landscaping as well as the installation of the infrastructure is complete, the building and theming will go on area by area, so I will have the chance to reveal the details for each area, once it's its turn.

We expect to start the construction of the entrance area by November [September 2013 in SGW time], and hope to have World of Ages completed by April 2014 [same in SGW time].

I'd once again like to invite all Trimontis employees to follow our updates, as we might need your opinion on the one or other thing!

Thank you!"

Tom Forster:

"Thank you, Christine. Finally, I'd like to introduce you to Mister Bortens, you might know him. He's our president!"

Frank Bortens, president of Trimontis International:

(laughs)

"Dear friends, dear colleagues, dear press,

it's an unbelievable pleasure for me to be a part of this big announcement. It's important for me, that we build a park with a great concept, and I'm sure we have a great concept. I know it can be a challenge to step into the American market, as there are entertainment standards different to those that we have here in Europe. But with Mister Perry, we have an experienced American expert in our team, he will be the director of World of Ages, and had already a big say in the planning phase.

As important it is for me to entertain our guests, it is my wish to keep the construction interesting for you as well, dear colleagues and journalists.

We don't want to reveal everything at once. We want to keep the construction exciting for those who like to follow it. I hope we will be able to hold back some surprises until the grand opening in July 2014.

As president of Trimontis, I am excited to be part of the core team, and I'm looking forward to our trip to Albuquerque, where we will spend a lot of time with our little project. Until World of Ages opens, Tom will represent me as the head of the company, especially here in the headquarters in Blue Valley.

Finally, I hope you are as excited as I am.

World of Ages is awaiting us!"

Tom Forster:

"Thanks, Mister Bortens. I hope I will be able to do this job well enough!

Before we come to the end of our press conference, now you have the chance to ask questions - one question per journalist, please.

Afterwards, the event is closing for the press. Colleagues from Trimontis are invited to join us for small talks and discussions in The Station restaurant in Three Mountains Park, which is a 5 minutes walk. You might also want to explore the park by using your VIP passes, until the normal closing time of the park (18:00 today).

Trains back to Blue Valley go every ten minutes.

And now it's time for journalists to ask questions - and this to my colleagues:
See you later at The Station restaurant!"

Disney Imagineer

•  
  • :
  • Go to the wood!
Re: The Chronos Project - Revelation Day
Post #8     : August 27, 2013, 03:15 PM
Again, very exciting news. I like all the lands you've chosen. I am so excited for this.

89James89

•  
  • :
  • Fantasy for the win!
Re: World of Ages ("The Chronos Project")
Post #9     : August 27, 2013, 10:30 PM
sounds very interesting. Especially loving the map that you've made and the video was incredibly clever and well done.

Looking forward to more.

James

Brisingr Productions

•  
  • :
  • The Ashbridge of inverts
Post #10     : August 27, 2013, 11:56 PM
wow. This looks good  :drool:

MrBill

•  
  • :
Post #11     : August 28, 2013, 11:06 AM
This sounds amazing, can't wait to see the progress being made.

Plokoon111

•  
  • :
  • Darkride Master
Post #12     : August 28, 2013, 11:20 AM
Neat presentation, and I love your park ideas!
Wagibear "It is entirely possible that Atari will attend in a different way than as a exhibitor. Someone may park their van outside the Convention Center entrance with a big Atari RCTw banner draped in the front window.  Or maybe Mattlab will dress in a trenchcoat and approuch anyone with a PRESS badge and whisper  "Psst!  Hey, wanna see a new video game?"... "

iAP

•  
  • :
Post #13     : August 28, 2013, 11:23 AM
Really interesting way of presenting this large theme park, and I'll be excited when we see ground breaking in for the park! :) I'll be looking forward to see how this park develops.

switchkeys

•  
  • :
Post #14     : August 28, 2013, 01:51 PM
looking for this and all those themes :D

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Post #15     : August 29, 2013, 11:13 AM
Again, very exciting news. I like all the lands you've chosen. I am so excited for this.
Thanks, great to hear :-)

sounds very interesting. Especially loving the map that you've made and the video was incredibly clever and well done.

Looking forward to more.

James
Thanks! More maps to come! :)

wow. This looks good  :drool:
Thanks Brisingr! :)

This sounds amazing, can't wait to see the progress being made.
Thanks, me neither! Construction goes slowly, but you'll see -)

Neat presentation, and I love your park ideas!
Thanks Plokoon! Nice to hear that!

Really interesting way of presenting this large theme park, and I'll be excited when we see ground breaking in for the park! :) I'll be looking forward to see how this park develops.
Thanks iAP, it took me a while to decide for a presentation style. I thought it's better to make you guys follow the construction, rather than having one big park as first post that's just "there" all at once. Though that choice was very tempting as well.

looking for this and all those themes :D
:-) Thanks, I can't wait myself to try out some of my ideas finally. Construction goes slowly.

----

Thanks everyone again.

I'd like to emphasize, that the park doesn't only open "July 2014" in storytime, this is also the planned date for the completion / opening update on SGW.
I try to put about 3 World-of-Ages-years into 1 SGW-year. I hope that I can keep the speed and patience, and definitely hope my PC will be cooperative.

I plan to have the park's date on each post, so you can always see where we are in the timeline.
Also, the 1st post will be updated as well, it will always show the current status and a list of what's completed, etc, so you might want to check it out every now and then :-)

And oh, I have built quite ahead already, so be assured that I don't just announce something that's not there yet ;)

You will see the very first pictures in the next 2 weeks!

Disney Imagineer

•  
  • :
  • Go to the wood!
Post #16     : August 29, 2013, 06:05 PM
Can't wait! :D

Elizabeth

•  
  • :
  • shyguy's World Rocks!
Post #17     : August 29, 2013, 08:35 PM
What an excellent presentation! The video was too cool, and the transitions were brilliant. Judging by the quality of Tauber Park, Trimontis should have no problem capturing the American market with World of Ages. :up:

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
[WIP] World of Ages (The Chronos Project) - Construction begins!
Post #18     : September 03, 2013, 10:04 AM

-------

World of Ages Newsletter 1/2011

Albuquerque,
12 October 2011

[0.1% completed | 33 months until opening]

Dear friends and colleagues from Trimontis International,
as announced, I herewith begin with my regularily updating report from the construction site of our new park in America, World of Ages.

We have been here for about two weeks now. It took me some time to get over the jetlag, after the long flight from Frankfurt, Germany. We had to change planes in Phoenix, Arizona, and we're kind of glad we didn't decide for Phoenix as the location for WoA. We find Albuquerque a lot nicer!

We only took a short trip to our site after arrival, and spent the first day with a rest and getting to know the city and surroundings. We took a small trip to the countryside. That's me, finally, in New Mexico - with Albuquerque's skyline behind me:

It will take a while until my office at the park will be ready. It will be located within the huge park entrance building (I'll show plans for it in my next newsletter), and the entrance building is the first thing we will have finished. It will also have some nice cosy company rooms for small talks and having a coffee etc. Once the park is open, you can always come and visit us!

The entrance might take a while until it's completed, we expect that to be coming spring, however - the constructions and preparations have been going on for some weeks now, so the entrance plaza is already there in its future shape, but a lot of details are - of course - still missing.

Tom Forster has been with us for two weeks and left home to Blue Valley again yesterday. He took this picture of the WoA Core Team!

From left to right: Christine Metzger (me, Expansion Agent of Trimontis North America), Frank Bortens (President of Trimontis), Bert Meier (Construction Supervisor of World of Ages) and finally Jonathan Perry (Director of World of Ages).

The sign that you see above will not be the actual park sign, it's just there for our own pleasure, so that we know what park we're actually building.

The real sign has already arrived from production, but since the entrance is only at the start of construction, we can't attach it yet. For now, we put it into a pile of sand:

I don't really have a lot to do yet, so I can focus on establishing business connections in the city and make new friends.

Mister Beier is always busy, and while Frank, Jonathan and I like to meet for a beer in the evenings, this guy is always busy with the plans that we give him. No, in fact he really doesn't like social things, but we are glad that we have found such a dedicated person for this job. He has our trust. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be this far yet:

The layout of half of the park has already been marked on the property. The section that you can see above is from the area that one day will be "the conquest of the new world".

For the time being, until my office is finished, I will be working from my hotel room in Albuquerque, and that's also where I am rightnow, writing this newsletter. I love the breakfast downstairs!

Back to the park:

This is another shot from the entrance area.

There will be a lot more foliage coming in the next months. The central fountain is almost finished, the water is already inside. We still have to finetune something about it. It will be a great sight and meeting point!

I have one more shot from the inside of the park. Tom had not a lot to work here, so he was always crazy about making photos of me. I had to play along, otherwise he would get one of those phases. So here you can see me with some palms, which have already arrived a few days ago. I hope they cope with their new location!

That's all for today, there is not really a lot to show yet.

Next month I will show you the detailed plans of the entrance area, once everything is perfect.
See you then!

Best regards,
Christine Metzger
Expansion Agent of Trimontis North America

-------

[off topic]

I am a bit unsecure about the game's city backdrop, because Albuquerque is not located at any bigger lake, let alone the sea. Do you think it's still an ok backdrop for this park? The desert backdrop is a bit too Sahara style and not as rocky as New Mexico.
I was shortly considering editing a backdrop with real photos, but there's hardly anything free and legal from Albuquerque (having looked on Wikipedia and sxc.hu), and my private photos are over 20 years old, and not very suitable as backdrops. Also, it's gonna be a lot of work to edit with real photos, which kind of eats a lot of time that could be used for the actual park instead, and imho doesn't add a lot of extra value.

Only the photo in the background of picture 1 in this post is legal and free, and you see only a small part - so I could use it, but the POV is quite high, and I don't know if the park would be located that high with such a view upon the city.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:00 PM by Elch »

Elizabeth

•  
  • :
  • shyguy's World Rocks!
Re: [WIP] World of Ages (The Chronos Project) - Construction begins!
Post #19     : September 03, 2013, 08:22 PM
I think you should go with the city backdrop and not worry too much about the water. After all, as the park is built up we probably won't see very much of the backround anyway!

switchkeys

•  
  • :
Post #20     : September 04, 2013, 01:58 AM
I think you should go with the city backdrop and not worry too much about the water. After all, as the park is built up we probably won't see very much of the backround anyway!
have to agree on that, i doubt we will see much of the background, and glad to see the park starting construction

joelpagett

•  
  • :
  • JP Entertainments
Post #21     : September 04, 2013, 02:53 AM
Such a wonderful indepth story! Look forward to following this one!  :up:

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
[WIP] World of Ages - construction phase 1: The Entrance [plans]
Post #22     : September 10, 2013, 01:31 PM
Thanks everyone :-)

Before we start, some off-topic words from me.
I have been thinking a lot about how I am going to to present this project here, and I hope the result will be entertaining and building up interest, even though this presentation is a bit "different", and not every post has actual RCT pictures from the park.

That's why I want to explain, that I will hold back a lot of things until the moment the park opens (this will be July 2014 in park time, and in real time alike), but I promise there will be actual shots from the park coming soon. Christine will tell you what we're doing in the meantime :)

World of Ages Newsletter 2/2011

Albuquerque,
5 November 2011

[5% completed | 32 months until opening]

Dear friends and colleagues from Trimontis International!

I have some fresh information for you.
First of all, let me introduce you to the routine that we will do during the construction phases.

• In this edition, I will show you the detailed plans for the entrance area. Preparation for construction has begun, but there is still a bit of room left for changes.
  • In the next update, while construction of the entrance area is halfway done, you will see concept artworks and / or models...
  • and in the following update, you will finally see photos of the finished real thing.

This routine will be repeated for each area:
After the entrance, we get to the 1960s main street style area, and again, we do plans > artworks > photos from the finished area.

The same three steps will be done for all other areas - the Belle Epoque, the conquest of the New World, the middle ages, the antique Greece, the prehistoric area and finally - if we do it (which is still unclear) - the resort area.

For each area, you - as Trimontis employee - have the chance to suggest changes, especially during step 2 of each phase (models and artworks). I am asking especially our American colleagues to give us your feedback, as you might know the American taste a lot better than we do - despite us having Mister Perry in our team.

And now let's begin with construction phase 1: The Entrance!

Step 1: THE PLANS

As first I'll show you the overview map of the entrance area.

The parking consists of two parts, one being close to the park (and visible on this map) - with the bus parking and the VIP parking (that's where our parking lots will be!). That will be completed quite soon. It's right next to one of our top roller coasters!

The actual main parking area will be in the whole neighbouring block, and doesn't need a lot of further focus.
A lot more interesting is the bus stop, where public busses from and to Albuquerque can stop. Right next to that will be the stop for the parking taxi - people who don't want to walk all the way from their car to the entrance will be able to get there by taxi. People like parents, who just want to drop of their kids and pick them up again after their visit, can do that here as well.

The "Pedestrians gate" is right at the main road (cars are not supposed to stop here), the third gate will be used for hotel guests - again, this is an option, not definitely planned.

The centre of the entrance plaza will be home for a big fountain, tickets can be bought at both ends of the big entrance building. Let's take a closer look at that one!

This is the layout of the huge entrance building - at least the ground level, that is. The pink parts are the public ones.
Most things should be self-explanatory, for the rest I have some more details for you:

[2] - Coffee Station
A modern café with a touch of a railway station. I wonder why that is!? ;)

[3] - Souvenir Shop
The central souvenir shop of the park, with all the essentials such as t-shirts, caps, games, cups, calendars, books, etc.

Towards the left edge, you see stairs going downstairs, and two gaps in the floor... revealing the basement. Before we get there, here's the upper floor:

Somewhere there will be my office. The furniture for the business meeting rooms will be very comfortable, I already test-sat on one of the couchs that we ordered, yesterday. I fell asleep on it. My boss woke me up.

The basement:

The whole basement is a platform for the transport system that World of Ages will have: An underground monorail called "Time Machine Express" with a hint of a time machine theming.
There will be two lines, the red line and the green line, respectively going clockwise / counter-clockwise... or in WoA language: "pastwards" and "futurewards" - the "future" ending with the "now", which is kind of - unofficially - the theme of the entrance area.

Finally I'd still want to show you a sketch that our president Mr. Bortens did, when he was drawing down the first ideas for World of Ages. This is how he roughly imagined the main entrance to look like:

The big dome is scrapped in the meantime, as is the sundial on the wall (we have one in front of the big fountain). However, we stick to the plan to have a huge clock on top of the entrance building.
And yeah, Mister Bortens is not only a bad drawing artist, he's also partially dyslexic. Don't tell him I said that.

There you have it, the plans of the first construction phase!
Tom is still trying to make models of the entrance area, I am not sure if he will succeed! If he does though, you will see the results in my next update - or at least some more concrete graphic artworks.

Thanks for your attention!

best regards,

Christine Metzger

switchkeys

•  
  • :
Re: [WIP] World of Ages - construction phase 1: The Entrance [plans]
Post #23     : September 11, 2013, 03:28 AM
nice maps, simple but detailed :)

Elizabeth

•  
  • :
  • shyguy's World Rocks!
Re: [WIP] World of Ages - construction phase 1: The Entrance [plans]
Post #24     : September 11, 2013, 05:48 PM
The amount of planning you're doing for this park is impressive. I love the presentation, and you manage to keep the updates interesting even without screenshots.

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Re: [WIP] World of Ages - construction phase 1: The Entrance [artworks]
Post #25     : September 27, 2013, 05:25 AM

-----

World of Ages Newsletter 1/2012

Albuquerque,
3 February 2012

[11% completed | 29 months until opening]

The winter break is over, and the construction of the entrance area has made a very good progress.
I am already in my new office. Everything has a smell of "new", we have no windows here, so I don't spend too much time here yet.
We are in our schedule, so you can expect the first photos of the park in the next newsletter!

For now, here we have two concept artworks for you, how the entrance is going to look like!

Tom didn't succeed with his models, so I better don't show any photos of them. They are a mess. We are now looking for a professional model builder.

Stay tuned for the first real photos in the next newsletter!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:42 PM by Elch »

switchkeys

•  
  • :
Post #26     : September 28, 2013, 01:45 PM
the concept art really looks good, cant wait to see the full photo's

jhnshm

•  
  • :
Post #27     : September 29, 2013, 11:23 AM
Wow, Elch, what a great project so far! I'm always impressed by how detailed your projects are planned and how you fullfill those plans consequently! That's really inspiring :)
THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN

Plokoon111

•  
  • :
  • Darkride Master
Post #28     : September 29, 2013, 12:39 PM
I'm digging the concept art!
Wagibear "It is entirely possible that Atari will attend in a different way than as a exhibitor. Someone may park their van outside the Convention Center entrance with a big Atari RCTw banner draped in the front window.  Or maybe Mattlab will dress in a trenchcoat and approuch anyone with a PRESS badge and whisper  "Psst!  Hey, wanna see a new video game?"... "

Elch

•  
  • :
  • Berlin, Germany
Thanks guys! :-)

jhnshm: To be honest it's a bit half-half, I do have planned a lot of things before I started to build, however the plans that I have published here are already taking the in-game-changes into account. They are the "fictive" plans of the fictive park company, not my own plans, but a big part of it is what I actually planned from the start. However some things always change :)

So now we get to the first real pics, are we? :)

--------

World of Ages Newsletter 2/2012

Albuquerque,
21 March 2012

[17% completed | 28 months until opening]

I am happy to be able to show you the first actual photos from World Of Ages.
Please make sure that noone else gets to see them, not even your family members.

I actually wanted to show you my new office (it's finished, I am just typing this in here), but my boss clearly forbid me to send away any photos from offices or other company rooms.

So let's go on a photo tour, right?!

First we go to the VIP parking, where our cars usually park next to each other:

From left to right it's Mr. Bortens', Mr. Perry's, my own and Mr. Meier's car.
Behind the fence is the construction site of one of our future landmark coasters - constructions of this will begin next month or so.

This is the place where the parking taxi can drop and load people... also private cars can drop off and pick up family members here. There are some banks under the roof, where people can wait when it rains.

A big advert display right at the road, and the shuttle bus stop:

Now coming from the other side of the road, here is the entrance as seen from the pedestrians gate:

Another perspective... ticket booths to the right (and more counters at the other wing of the entrance):

Season pass holders are members of the so-called "Time Travellers Club", their own counter is to the right as well.

Let's get inside!

In the entrance building:

If you get near the fence, you can look down through a hole, on the station of the Time Machine Express.
The bulding also features a café, a gift shop, the main information, some service facilities and office rooms.
Towards the right, you can see the gate to the actual park! Construction of the 1960s Avenue has already begun, but there is not much to show yet. Most posters and signs will be in production shortly before the park opens, so that's why the most of them are still just plain grey.

And finally, here we are in the "Coffee Station" coffee house:

Just as in the one restaurant at Three Mountains Park, we have posters from all kinds of railway stations at the walls.
Mister Meier, our construction supervisor, just ran through the picture right before my battery died. Anyway, now you have seen him from close as well. That's something!

In the next newsletter, you'll see the plan for the 1960s Avenue. Stay tuned!

best regards,

Christine Metzger

---------

[off topic]

@ everyone:

Do you think I should use this real-sky-background editing, or should I use the standard RCT sky? What do you think?

The Grey

•  
  • :
  • Welcome to The Grey
I will go back and read all of this! i like what i see [was just skimming to see what was involved within the project itself] Once again i am left jealous and inspired! Love what you have so far, i will comment again once i go through and read and catch up on everything! :)

Havent even started reading yet and its already 1000/10 lol  :up:
Saving the world... One smile at a time!