Poll

Pick your favorite entry for the PPG Restaurant Design Competition! (all entries posted below)

sam_: *unnamed*
11 (22.9%)
Tomes1225: "Tom's Jungle Tavern"
11 (22.9%)
Mason (CoasterBeta/cb5): "Monkey Mason's Riverside Bites"
15 (31.3%)
RilextusPark: *unnamed*
1 (2.1%)
JAKool: "Jake's Beach House Grill and Sandbar"
1 (2.1%)
servonator97: *unnamed*
0 (0%)
Nongforce4: *unnamed*
9 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: August 11, 2012, 04:28 PM

A A A A Author Topic: Paramount's Pleasure Gardens - Introducing TOP GUN  (Read 64113 times)

Gorres Coasters

•  
  • :
  • xxxx
Re: Paramount's Pleasure Gardens - Introducing TOP GUN
Post #871     : July 07, 2013, 08:19 AM
Um, but can someone use Maylene's Classic Corkscrew CTR's instead of the ingame one? The ingame looks terrible.

gcii2011

•  
  • :
Post #872     : July 08, 2013, 01:22 PM
I can't quite remember.. What's the oldest coaster at the park?? I feel like you left one out this update. And by the way, wood coasters all the way! It's a shame you don't have a golden age one like me. :P
Monstrum is the park's oldest coaster. Also missing from the last update were Inverter and Minimus - we have 8 total coasters. And yes, wooden coasters are where it's at :P

^ I believe that its Monstum. You can see it bordering two sides of Top Gun.

The park is looking great! Are there any big events planned for the park this year? I remember when Aerosmith came. A big concert like that would be cool. ;)

Yeah, that would be the best! Get some guys that were huge in '99 like Limp Bizkit and KoRn.

No worries guys, we've got some entertainment-related announcements yet to come!

Wow. It's been a really long time since I replied to your park.

Nice developments! Top Gun is looking really slick, and that entrance is marvelous. I couldn't help but notice how crazy the difference in quality was between the entrance plaza and Top Gun, and that's a compliment! It means that you've gotten better and better as the park developed! I'm interested to see where this park goes next, and what projects you do in the future.
Haha thank you, every once in a while I go back to the first few pages and take a look at where I started. It's a shock really, and this was actually the "second draft" so-to-speak for the park. Maybe someday I'll show you guys what the park was going to be....

Um, but can someone use Maylene's Classic Corkscrew CTR's instead of the ingame one? The ingame looks terrible.
Yes, I used Classic Corkscrew on Steel Demon. I just never bothered to revamp Inverter, I may if I have time.

Season 22

Hey again!

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend...I know I sure did! I'd have a Fourth of July update for you guys except I took the week off to spend some time with my family. Nevermind that, I'm back at the park now and this is peak season. And boy is it a peak, our attendance numbers are off the charts! Thank goodness the last few big investments are paying off!

I always like to try my hand at the midway games. You'd think I'd be decent at them after all these years, but no luck....

With crowds like these, it's a good thing Top Gun is so efficient - otherwise the long line (plus this heat) would be unbearable!

Of course, we've always got water rides like Highland Falls to cool off.

I realized today that with the addition of Top Gun, we've got two batwing inversions in the park.

Steel Demon was the first with a batwing in the park, this unique double-looping element.

But which is better now, what do you think? Steel Demon's classic batwing or Top Gun's inverted batwing?

-Thomas Martin

Streaming LIVE from RCT3: http://www.twitch.tv/gci2011

Gorres Coasters

•  
  • :
  • xxxx
Post #873     : July 08, 2013, 02:34 PM
How about using Safari J's Arrow Pack? It goes well with the Classic Corkscrew CTR.

Not n7

•  
  • :
  • aka Worm
Post #874     : July 08, 2013, 04:00 PM
How about using Safari J's Arrow Pack? It goes well with the Classic Corkscrew CTR.
How about he built that years before Safari J's set came out? You don't just see coasters irl getting new supports all of a sudden.

Montu.

•  
  • :
Post #875     : July 08, 2013, 08:02 PM
That water park is just the inspiration I needed! Great stuffy gci! Love hoe Top Gun turned out. It certainly dominates the surroundings.

NGT

•  
  • :
  • Off the wall
Post #876     : July 08, 2013, 09:12 PM
4th picture is just amazing! beautifully done  :D can't wait to see more

TalismenF22

•  
  • :
Post #877     : July 09, 2013, 12:27 AM
Nice as always. Good job. :up:

MeadowBrookGardens http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,13701.0.html

Beware Of Raptors With Open Doors

19learjetboy

•  
  • :
  • I will eat you.
Post #878     : July 09, 2013, 09:01 AM
Great job! Can't wait to see what else the park has in store.

Grrt

•  
  • :
  • Where's the kaboom?
Post #879     : July 09, 2013, 05:45 PM
The classic Vekoma batwing, of course! Plus the better path interactions it has.

gcii2011

•  
  • :
Post #880     : July 09, 2013, 05:51 PM

Hi. I don't remember asking for sets to rebuild my entire park, but thanks for the tips. I'm perfectly content with the way the coaster looks now; if you have actual feedback you want to give me, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, please stop rattling off CS sets. Please and thank you.

How about he built that years before Safari J's set came out? You don't just see coasters irl getting new supports all of a sudden.
Thanks for backing me up, Wacky Worm.

That water park is just the inspiration I needed! Great stuffy gci! Love hoe Top Gun turned out. It certainly dominates the surroundings.
Haha thank you! The waterpark is simple, it's a little embarrassing compared to some of the other waterparks that have popped up recently. But I appreciate the kind words :)

4th picture is just amazing! beautifully done  :D can't wait to see more
Thank you :) Everyone seems to love the entrance, I guess.

Nice as always. Good job. :up:
Thanks!

Great job! Can't wait to see what else the park has in store.
Thanks man!

The classic Vekoma batwing, of course! Plus the better path interactions it has.
Don't tell the Top Gun fans, but you're absolutely right. I knew I liked you :P lol

Season 22

Welcome back!

Top Gun just had an outrageous line today, I stayed away and visited some other areas of the park!

Did you know, this used to be the site of the corporate offices? I personally think this is a better use of the site!

This is one of my favorite areas of the park since the renovations when Hurler was added.

Of course, this view across the lake is nice too.

WaterWorks wasn't too busy today, so I decided to spend some time over there.

I'll admit...as much as I love lounging under one of those umbrellas, I have just as much fun at that water playground! Haha.

Of course, the lazy river and our four slides are still my favorite WaterWorks attractions.

I'll have more soon as the summer starts to wind down. Thanks for reading!
-Thomas Martin

Elizabeth

•  
  • :
  • shyguy's World Rocks!
Post #881     : July 10, 2013, 05:24 PM
Nice to see some more pictures of the water park. And I like your swan boat ride station!

gcii2011

•  
  • :
Post #882     : July 11, 2013, 09:10 PM
Nice to see some more pictures of the water park. And I like your swan boat ride station!
Thank you!

**NOTE from gci: Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of update yesterday as well as today's late post. I'm on the road again and I think that because of my travel schedule I'll be taking a short break after the season ends with one final update tomorrow. I'll still be working on the park where I can but reliable updates will be difficult, so I'll just save the surprises until my return from vacation. Thanks for sticking with it!

Season 22

Hello!

Sorry it's been a while, I've just been so busy the past few weeks in the office that I haven't had as much time to get out and take pictures. We're working on our plans for next year, and while we thought we had it all figured out, we've been moving some things around on our timeline and it's taken up quite a bit of my time. As I understand it, the corporate guys decided to shift some funds around and try out a few new ideas at our sister parks. If all goes well, we might see similar additions here in Newport within the next few years. Of course, I'm not giving anything away...but you'll find out soon. Anyway, here's a larger-than-usual update to make up for my absence:

Wow, that's tall! I braved Drop Zone today...I have no immediate plans to ride it again.

By the time I got out of the office, it was mid-afternoon. I wonder what will become of some of our older rides like Rumble?

I grabbed a quick bite here at this patio stall after a ride on Rotor. It's one of our oldest rides in the park, opening back in 1982.

I spent quite a bit of time over at Top Gun today.

I waited until the line died down before I went for a ride. Top Gun is always a rush!

Even when I'm not riding, I love just sitting over here by the ride. Who doesn't like people-watching?

Of course, it's a great place for views -- and ice cream!

I took a walk over to Backwoods after that. Formerly called Mine Town, this area opened for our second season and has hardly changed since!

I guess the park has decided it's time to freshen up the area. Rising Smoke, here in the center, will be leaving in a week or two. Be sure to get in your last rides before it goes away forever.

Out with the old and in with the new, I guess? It's always sad to see a classic ride go....

-Thomas Martin

iAP

•  
  • :
Post #883     : July 11, 2013, 09:21 PM
I don't bother commenting enough on this park, when I really should; it's fantastic. Looking through all these pictures, you can really see the growth the park's experienced, and with the addition of Top Gun, it's just made the park that much more great at what it does. Love the foliage everywhere, and it seems like the park is photogenic just about anywhere!

Great work, gci!

Tomes

•  
  • :
  • I'm a mouse. Duh!
Post #884     : July 11, 2013, 09:24 PM
I wish this was really in Newport.  A nice B&M invert 15 minutes from my house would be nice.

So that's against the rules, and you can't sit with us."

markysharky17

•  
  • :
  • Intamin and B&M all the way!!!!
Post #885     : July 11, 2013, 10:49 PM
This just gets better with every post. I can't wait till you put a Windseeker in! I would love to see how you theme it.
Coaster Count #165 Last coaster was The Beast
1. Intimidator 305 2. Skyrush 3. El Toro 4. Bizzaro (SFNE) 5. Maverick 6. Fury 325 7. Millennium Force 8. Kingda Ka 9. StormRunner 10. Top Thrill Dragster 11. Goliath (SFOG) 12. Nitro 13. Intimidator 14. Manta(SWO) 15. Montu 16. Kumba

Max

•  
  • :
  • My cologne is Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen.
Post #886     : July 12, 2013, 12:10 AM
Quote from: gci2011
<snip>
Even when I'm not riding, I love just sitting over here by the ride. Who doesn't like people-watching?

Anyways, this park looked very beautiful in this update. The park really does feel like a garden like the name states. ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 07:47 AM by TheMaxster »

Tha Nameless

•  
  • :
  • when the crocket hits just right
Post #887     : July 12, 2013, 04:34 AM
Looks really nice, and I have to say I'll miss Rising Smoke.
"Me fail English?! That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum

gcii2011

•  
  • :
Post #888     : July 12, 2013, 09:54 PM
I don't bother commenting enough on this park, when I really should; it's fantastic. Looking through all these pictures, you can really see the growth the park's experienced, and with the addition of Top Gun, it's just made the park that much more great at what it does. Love the foliage everywhere, and it seems like the park is photogenic just about anywhere!

Great work, gci!
Thanks iAP! It really has come a long way in the last two and a half years. Thanks for the nice comment!

I wish this was really in Newport.  A nice B&M invert 15 minutes from my house would be nice.
Thanks Tom, haha I'm sure it would be.

This just gets better with every post. I can't wait till you put a Windseeker in! I would love to see how you theme it.
Thank you! And who says I'm adding a WindSeeker? You never know...!

<snip>
Anyways, this park looked very beautiful in this update. The park really does feel like a garden like the name states. ;)
Thank you!

Looks really nice, and I have to say I'll miss Rising Smoke.
Thank you! I'll miss it too, even if I do think it's kinda butt-ugly :P

Season 22

Hello again!

Time for one last update before we close up for the season. It's always sad to see our rides going into hibernation mode, but I know it won't be long before we're open again. Rising Smoke closed last week and it's already long gone...I suppose we'll find out soon what's coming in to replace it. I'll be honest, I don't even know what's going on next year. The people in charge haven't really been keeping us in the loop so much.

That said, I think my time has come to depart Paramount's Pleasure Gardens. As much as I love the park and will miss everything about it, I'm getting on in years and some of the changes the park has made in recent years haven't sat so well with me. Without saying too much, I'm worried that the park's homegrown atmosphere is evaporating. My goal was to retain the best of the quaint, local Newport Pleasure Gardens feeling - now, with increasing corporate influence and cookie-cutter additions across the change, it feels as if some of that is lost. Never fear, I'll be back periodically and I know the park is sure to be in good hands with whoever is chosen to succeed me for next season.

As I worked to clear out my office, I took a look out my window for one last view down International Street.

Of course, I couldn't leave without one last tour through the park. I headed over to Backwoods for a look at the Rising Smoke plot.

After a final ride on Falcon, I took this shot from the exit ramp. The ride has already been removed and the area cleared....

Even though my time here has come to an end, I've enjoyed every minute of it. There's really never a dull moment when you work in an amusement park like this.

We've come a long way during my time here, and I'm really kinda proud of the park's progress in the past few years. It's my baby, in a way... haha!

Whether it's a classic like Monstrum or the latest thrill like Top Gun, Paramount's Pleasure Gardens has something for everyone. That's what's made us successful for over 20 years now, and I know that the park's got a bright future ahead of it as well.

Thank you so much for following my updates during my time here, and for your continued dedication to the park. Enthusiastic guests like you are my favorite part of the job, you are the reason we do what we do. Have a great winter, and I hope to see you on the midways next year. It'll be nice to read one of these updates as an outsider after this!

Thanks for a great run.
-Thomas Martin

Grabowski

•  
  • :
  • I just want to ride coasters all day, everyday
Post #889     : July 12, 2013, 11:39 PM
Wow :drool:
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,15102.0.html

My car is classic, but my bitch is foreign -anonymous

Tha Nameless

•  
  • :
  • when the crocket hits just right
Post #890     : July 13, 2013, 06:52 AM
Those pictures were the best I've ever seen in RCT3. Can't wait to see the replacement for Thomas.
"Me fail English?! That's unpossible!" - Ralph Wiggum

WDIJake

•  
  • :
  • "...it was all started with a mouse." - Walt D.
Post #891     : July 13, 2013, 10:44 AM
For some reason this park reminds me of California's Great America... Anyways, great park and I luuuuuvvvvv Top Gun!
Imagineering a better place!

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

rcwizard13

•  
  • :
Post #892     : July 15, 2013, 01:00 PM
I really like the first picture of that update. The upgraded Ferris Wheel does wonders for what the park looks like. I'm looking forward to see Rising Smoke's replacement. I' really stumped as to what it may be.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney

34ilikepie

•  
  • :
  • Cedar Fair Expert
Post #893     : August 16, 2013, 06:41 AM
I love this park when reading at the lounge or here I enjoy every second of it, I love the park's atmosphere (sort of like Canada's Wonderland), themed areas and yes even the water park(I don't really like water parks). Overall nice park can you show us like a map or/and bird's eye view of the park please.