SGW Screenshot Tournament

SGW Screenshot Tournament
SGW's very first cross-platform, multi-game tournament has begun! Enter in up to 5 different divisions...
 Planet Coaster: Rnd 2,   RCT3: Rnd 2,   Parkitect: Rnd 1,  NoLimits 2: Rnd 1, and Theme Park Photography: Rnd 1.
Click HERE for full details.

What did you just do in Planet Coaster

• 1831 replies

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: What did you just do in Planet Coaster
« Reply #1800 on: April 11, 2018, 11:04 PM »
I FINALLY DID IT!  For the better part of a year, I tried to make a life-size Zyklon / Galaxi.  Never could do it.  Now, thanks to the ability to mess with friction on a per-coaster basis, I managed to make it happen, and it actually works better than expected.  So, 1 day to make the track (using the "Gold Fever" as the closest approximation) so all the helices lined up, then another day to build the custom supports.

I based the um.....  theming?..... on "Gilbeau's" Galaxy in Baton Rouge.  Despite not having even a full-size station, the blueprint has 1154 parts due to 100% custom supports.  I could have added a few hundred more for various cables but the parts are just too big and would have made it look even more of a rat nest than it already is.  Besides, ironically enough, it's got "very high" scenery even now :D.

So here it is.  The stats are with friction at 0.7.

-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 12, 2018, 03:11 AM »
That's Awesome, man!! I may snag this for Kaleidoscope Piers!  If you want to share it, of course.  hee hee

Are the supports very easy to recolor?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:46 AM by Fisherman »

« Reply #1802 on: April 12, 2018, 04:25 AM »
Great job!

Looks a lot like the Italian Bobs I need for my Adventureland park!

Thank you! - Thank you! - Thank you!

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 12, 2018, 07:17 AM »
That's Awesome, man!! I may snag this for Kaleidoscope Piers!  If you want to share it, of course.  hee hee
Are the supports very easy to recolor?

Great job!  Looks a lot like the Italian Bobs I need for my Adventureland park!  Thank you! - Thank you! - Thank you!

Thanks!  That was a LOT of work to make something that's fairly crappy ;)  For instance, I left out a full 360^ of the helix on the lift hill end.  IOW, both ends are 540^ instead of the lift hill end being 900^.  But there's not enough room for another turn.  The lack of height was the main deciding factor in using the "Gold Fever" tilting minetrain.  Because the cars tilt, I didn't have to bank the track so much, which saved on space between helix layers.  But the cars look like minecarts instead of bobsleds.  But OTOH, it's one of the few that lets you have 2-car trains with both cars looking the same, and it had the right type of track, so I went with it.  Basically, this thing looks enough like a Galaxi to pass for one from a distance, but won't stand close scrutiny :)

Anyway, yes Fisherman, the supports are pretty easy to recolor.  That's one reason I didn't add all the diagonal braces.  Without them, you can mass-select all the legs with a box that doesn't quite come down to ground, de-select the very few parts above grade that aren't Haunted House Wooden Pillars, and done, at least if you want the legs to be all 1 color.  If you want the vertical and horizontal leg parts to be different colors, however, you're in for a LOT of work :).

Anyway, I haven't uploaded this yet because I haven't put any lights on it.  But the original I'm "theming" (HA!) this one after has very few, just some small bulbs under the station roof IIRC, so that won't cause much problems for folks who want a different look.  Seeing as there's interest in this silly thing, I'll get on that this evening and upload it.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 12, 2018, 07:32 AM »
Ha ha!  Yay!  Can't wait to see it in action.

« Reply #1805 on: April 12, 2018, 07:58 AM »
I could have REALLY used this about a year ago  :P   Great job, Bullethead!

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 12, 2018, 10:57 AM »
I could have REALLY used this about a year ago  :P   Great job, Bullethead!

Peony Park, right?  Yeah, you and I were both struggling to approximate a Galaxi back then in the pre-friction-control Dark Ages.  Geez, that was frustrating.  I only returned to this task because you're forcing me to recreate Dixie Landin', which has one.  And a Maurer SC2000, too, another "off the shelf" coaster that was impossible to do life-size in the Bad Old Days.  But I've already got the track for it built now, too, so it's just another ordeal of making all the custom supports.  Geez, you're really making me work here :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 12, 2018, 11:40 AM »
Peony Park, right?  Yeah, you and I were both struggling to approximate a Galaxi back then in the pre-friction-control Dark Ages.  Geez, that was frustrating.  I only returned to this task because you're forcing me to recreate Dixie Landin', which has one.  And a Maurer SC2000, too, another "off the shelf" coaster that was impossible to do life-size in the Bad Old Days.  But I've already got the track for it built now, too, so it's just another ordeal of making all the custom supports.  Geez, you're really making me work here :)

Hey my Galaxy Spin indoor coaster is a Maurer SC2000...and it's already supported...if you want that to recolor.

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 12, 2018, 01:30 PM »
Hey my Galaxy Spin indoor coaster is a Maurer SC2000...and it's already supported...if you want that to recolor.

Hey, thanks!  Although, thinking about it, my conscience is shocked at the prospect of stripping off the flesh of a Fisherman product just to get at the bones.  I'm sure there are international treaties banning such atrocities.  Still, I've done (a few) more heinous things in my life, so I doubt this will change my depth level in Hell enough to notice :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 12, 2018, 01:40 PM »
Hey, thanks!  Although, thinking about it, my conscience is shocked at the prospect of stripping off the flesh of a Fisherman product just to get at the bones.  I'm sure there are international treaties banning such atrocities.  Still, I've done (a few) more heinous things in my life, so I doubt this will change my depth level in Hell enough to notice :)

Ha ha!  The only thing is that I accidentally deleted the post that held all the star walls into a single building...so you have to be careful deleting them. 

Back on topic...ha ha...I'm making a fancy hotel across from my park!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:42 PM by Fisherman »

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 15, 2018, 12:30 PM »
I finished my life-size Maurer SC2000.  Put about 15 hours and 1000 parts into the complete set of custom supports, trying at least to approximate reality with them.  Would have been more successful at that if the track was a better approximation of reality, too.  But still, same size lift and basically the same footprint.

There is minimal theming you have to destroy if you want a different look.  This one is modeled on the "Xtreme" at Dixie Landin', which according to RCDB is now defunct (glad I was able to ride it last year).  I left the track pretty rough because that's what I remember most from the real thing :).  If your'e interested, it's over in the blueprints section.

-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1811 on: April 16, 2018, 01:44 AM »
I just got back to PlanetCoaster and now iam building the Park from the Winter Challenge here on SGW. The park has now the Name "City Park" (wow what an awesome Name). The Management bought new land, so the size is now double as big :) here the first new thing:

Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter!
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: April 16, 2018, 06:00 AM »
I just got back to PlanetCoaster...

Having only just returned myself after an absence of a few months, I hadn't noticed you weren't here either, but I'm glad you're back ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: April 16, 2018, 07:08 AM »
Bullethead, that looks excellent!  Great use of those pipes for supports! 
Spoiler (hover to show)

« Reply #1814 on: April 16, 2018, 09:55 AM »
I just got back to PlanetCoaster and now iam building the Park from the Winter Challenge here on SGW. The park has now the Name "City Park" (wow what an awesome Name). The Management bought new land, so the size is now double as big :) here the first new thing:

Glad to see you keeping this park going

« Reply #1815 on: April 16, 2018, 07:27 PM »
"Maylene, why does it take you so long to build stuff"

That ladies and gentleman, is why.
Yes! Everything pictured is a custom structure..... made up of a billion pieces..... ZERO of which are pre-made pieces. Let that sink in....

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1816 on: April 16, 2018, 10:17 PM »
looks awesome maylene, but why i cant click on the pics to make it bigger? (Using Chrome)
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

« Reply #1817 on: April 17, 2018, 09:37 AM »
AemJay, It's not you, the picture is a cropped as it was taken far away to get all of it in one shot.

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 17, 2018, 08:59 PM »
Bullethead, that looks excellent!  Great use of those pipes for supports!

Thanks muchos!  That was much more of a pain than the Galaxi, which I could simply copy from 1 end to the other and then tweak for height.  Here, every damn support had to be its own thing.  Then I had to figure a way to make the connection between supports and track.  I settled on traffic cones, of all things, but they work reasonably well.  Better than art shapes, anyway.

Yes! Everything pictured is a custom structure..... made up of a billion pieces..... ZERO of which are pre-made pieces. Let that sink in....

Even the trees?  Wow......

So like each window is something like many music notes on edge for the frame, then individual glass panes?  Geez....
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #1819 on: April 18, 2018, 08:09 PM »
Thanks muchos!  That was much more of a pain than the Galaxi, which I could simply copy from 1 end to the other and then tweak for height.  Here, every damn support had to be its own thing.  Then I had to figure a way to make the connection between supports and track.  I settled on traffic cones, of all things, but they work reasonably well.  Better than art shapes, anyway.

Even the trees?  Wow......

So like each window is something like many music notes on edge for the frame, then individual glass panes?  Geez....

Although the trees and vegetation are not (would be if it were up to me). All the windows are actually custom. :p

Offline sam_

• I tend to change, that's nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: April 19, 2018, 06:35 PM »
May thats crazy. ******* crazy !
Aemjay, I like how how thats beginning to look, looking forward to more.

This has been taking up too much off time lately, for reasons which I don't comprehend.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1821 on: April 20, 2018, 12:48 AM »
that aerial shot! GREAT!
// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: April 20, 2018, 06:21 PM »
I made a FAKE kiddie biplane ride.  Partial payback to JPalmighT, should he choose to accept it ;)

It's over in the misc. blueprints section of you're interested.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:29 PM by Bullethead »
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: April 20, 2018, 07:57 PM »
I made a FAKE kiddie biplane ride.  Partial payback to JPalmighT, should he choose to accept it ;)

It's over in the misc. blueprints section of you're interested.

I need to steal this!

« Reply #1824 on: April 20, 2018, 08:40 PM »
Tried doing this from scratch, like what I'm doing so-far.

Offline Ghostiyra

• Uninspired Creative
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #1825 on: April 20, 2018, 08:48 PM »
This week's progress: parking lot and some road lines

Pro tip: Don't make parking lots on a hill if you wish to keep your sanity XD

still lots of work left to do on this, and to the right of the screenshot will be a hotel and a bit more parking ^^

the girl lost in her mind
Youtube | Twitter | Twitch

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: April 21, 2018, 01:43 PM »
I made another FAKE kiddie ride.  This one is a down-sized carousel featuring colorful boats each pulled by a team of 3 ducks.

Anonymous workshop link for those too embarrassed to be seen in this forum's blueprint section looking for this :)https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1366960298
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #1827 on: April 21, 2018, 05:00 PM »
you should go work in the idea dept at Frontier

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #1828 on: April 23, 2018, 02:36 AM »
Progress Update:

// !Youtube
 // !Twitch

« Reply #1829 on: April 23, 2018, 09:25 AM »
This week's progress: parking lot and some road lines

Pro tip: Don't make parking lots on a hill if you wish to keep your sanity XD

still lots of work left to do on this, and to the right of the screenshot will be a hotel and a bit more parking ^^

That is some parking lot!

I've been working away in display sequencer heaven/hell!