What If?: Arrow Custom Looper

• 5 replies
What If?: Arrow Custom Looper
« on: June 11, 2016, 10:07 PM »
Gosh darn, a lot of stuff I need to update, my CS set, my timeline park, the list goes on. Anyway, the dive coaster project ended up falling out of the floor for multiple reasons. One day...

So enough on that. :P Recently I took a park road trip and one of those parks was Dollywood. Most enthusiast know that the park has one of the greatest Arrow loopers ever, Tennessee Tornado. Watching a POV you can see how the ride is really short. Many have speculated that Dollywood planned the coaster to be longer but ran out of money so the coaster was cut short. This coaster draws on that and while one of many options (and RCT3 limits as evidenced by the lift hill/first drop) lets the imagination run wild.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• Come for the creds, stay for the Taco Bell
    • View Profile
Re: What If?: Arrow Custom Looper
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 10:12 PM »
Looks good! I can definitely see the TT inspiration, and it does look like an extended layout. Keep it up!
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

Offline Captain EO

• We are here to change the World
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 05:56 AM »
It looks like a fun layout. I've never ridden the original but this looks promising.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys. :) Well, supporting is now underway with a hard part (maybe the hardest) done, the giant loop. Again, it draws inspiration from TT but a different take due to RCT3 limits. Very happy the way it turned out.

I am now facing a design choice. Arrow never did corkscrews with their new design. So I ask you guys, do you think Arrow would of supported them with the usual way (as the pic above shows) or do you think something new would of been done? Let me know!

Offline CoasterNinja

• I'm either on RCT3 or napping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 08:29 AM »
http://rcdb.com/1603.htm#p=39384
This is the only other looping coaster they made with the new system, and it appears you're doing supports the way arrow would :)

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 02:19 PM »
http://rcdb.com/1603.htm#p=39384
This is the only other looping coaster they made with the new system, and it appears you're doing supports the way arrow would :)

Awesome! Thank you for that find. :)