Future World 1899 - Hotel Futura preview

Future World 1899 - Hotel Futura preview

• 203 replies

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Skyrider POV
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2018, 03:01 PM »
I'm pleased to be able to release the POV video of Skyrider :)

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2018, 04:11 PM »
That forced perspective of Metropolis works so well from street level but still holds up really well on-ride!  Sometimes what looks great from ground level looks a bit corny when on the ride, but this didn't, in fact I think it really helped with the sense of vertigo during the first half of the ride.  The wonderful work just continues in this park...

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2018, 04:21 PM »
Wow. That was pretty spectacular.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2018, 05:09 PM »
I've really been looking forward to this, your marketing tease worked out quite well!  :)

I'll admit I was a bit worried that this would overlap against something inferior that I've been working on but luckily the differences are significant (not the least of which is your track has a fantastic flow and a great sense of realism.)  I really love the scale of this, and how you kept the architectural details throughout which had to be time consuming. 

Chalk up another win for Future World.  Can't wait to see where you take us next, I'm nowhere near ready to see this end.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:24 PM by JPAlmighT »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2018, 07:19 PM »
That was worth the wait, no doubt!  That was a very fun ride!

I con only echo what others have already said.  The ride itself is great but merges so well with its surroundings that the overall experience is greater than the sum of its parts.  Quite a tour de force!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2018, 03:05 AM »
Beautiful ride, very smooth! I liked it!

About halfway thru, you can see quite a bit of open ground in the middle of the city. Perhaps a few bushes or something to cover the bare earth?

« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2018, 10:59 AM »
great looking ride and theme

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Amazing ride, the interaction with the surrounding town is fatastic, the harmony of the soundtrack and the picture is great as well! It´s such an unique and fresh style, well done!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2018, 02:31 AM »
Thank you so much for all you kind words. The ride is my favourite from the park so far and im glad that most people seem to feel the same way :)

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2018, 02:16 PM »
Arm yourselves, the Martian War Machines are invading...

« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Wow! Neat teaser! Looking forward to seeing what you do with this!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2018, 04:41 PM »
Oh that looks awesome!  So atmospheric!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2018, 08:56 PM »
Arm yourselves, the Martian War Machines are invading...

Uh oh, that thing looks like it means business.  Nicely done ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Skyrider workshop upload
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2018, 11:51 AM »
Thank you for all the feedback guys!

I have uploaded Skyrider AND Underground Express to the workshop for a limited time!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1402080421

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Thanks!  I'll be checking that out in detail ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2018, 01:34 PM »
Thanks!

I've made some progress on War of the Worlds. I've actually made two versions. One version is part dark-ride and part outdoor rollercoaster. The other version is entirely indoors.

I must admit, as good as the ride is going so far, I am not totally convinced that it fits with the aesthetic of Future World 1899. The park is quite a positive and clean looking park, and I'm not convinced the 'red weed' aesthetic of the outdoor version is appropriate for the park. The indoor version may fit in better as the destruction is concealed indoors, but the showbuilding is HUGE and I'm not sure where to hide it!

I'd be curious to know people's thoughts. Whether the ride goes into the park or not, I will definitely be releasing the ride video, so don't worry!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2018, 04:56 PM »
Contrast is good.  I've made parks themed the same way from end to end and there's only so many ways to make a half-timbered house or a colonial-era leper colony., or even an hodgepodge of 2nd-hand rides with no park-wide theme.  So throw in something different.  Maybe hide the devastated area behind something, but definitely have it ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2018, 01:28 PM »
Hmm...I'm still not so sure about it. There is a themed land I was considering making called the 'Outer Limits' which might suit the ride. I definitely think the ride wouldn't fit in with the 'city'/Metropolis part of the park though. Since I'm nowhere near making this area yet, it'll be while before this ride is slotted in if it does go into the park. So far the ride is around 3000 pieces, so it can act as a blueprint. That'll make it easy to bring it in later!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - War of the Worlds - more images!
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2018, 01:34 PM »
That last shot looks incredible!

« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2018, 03:38 PM »
great looking ride and theme

« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2018, 07:05 PM »
But H. G. Wells story was written at the height of what people now look at as the dawn of steampunk, which leads to the Metropolis feel of the other areas. I think it all flows together very nicely, especially if you add in a segway area, say with an altered psychola ride or something.

Think of Disney Studios, (if memory serves) you're walking down New York street, turn a corner, and there's a Star Wars AT-AT.

« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2018, 07:58 AM »
If you go with the indoor/dark ride option, I'm pretty sure you'll find a way to make the exterior interesting enough to fit in with the park.  Maybe just a brief outdoor (I think Fisherman calls them a "peekaboo" element) would be cool for riders as well as the peeps on the path outside.  But otherwise, yeah, that last photo convinced me that this is a [mostly] indoor attraction.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2018, 08:59 AM »
But otherwise, yeah, that last photo convinced me that this is a [mostly] indoor attraction.

Well, there's always that wonderful "time machine" gizmo, so you can have outdoor rides that are always at night as seen by the riders.

I rationalize this by assuming the riders have VR goggles, or there's some other perfectly legit type of stagecraft going on, instead of a violation of physics ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2018, 09:33 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've made a few decisions, though there are still some things left.

I am going to add the ride to the park. What I haven't decided yet is where. I have a few possible ideas. My favoured option is to have it between Flying Ace and Underground Express. This location would mean the large showbuilding is mostly kept backstage next to UE and it means that the outdoor 'red weed' setting is adjacent to another more open area. When I theme the entrance / station I will give it a city theme to fit in with the Underground Express entrance.

The downside of this location is that all 4 of the park's current coasters would be one side of the park and (as you can see) at present I've not developed the left side of the park at all yet, so maybe it could go there. Currently that space is allocated for a train themed area and a car themed area mixed in with an extension of the city theme, but obviously it's not there yet!

Option three is next to Skyrider, but less certain about that.

More progress images!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2018, 06:44 PM »
I am going to add the ride to the park. What I haven't decided yet is where. I have a few possible ideas. My favoured option is to have it between Flying Ace and Underground Express. This location would mean the large showbuilding is mostly kept backstage next to UE and it means that the outdoor 'red weed' setting is adjacent to another more open area. When I theme the entrance / station I will give it a city theme to fit in with the Underground Express entrance

Well, IMHO it depends on whether or not you want to place to be plausible as a working park, with everything open and peeps flowing as their decision-making algorithms drive them. 

If you care about that, it's mostly a function of the relative distribution of the fear ratings and prestige values of rides across the park combined with whether or not kids can ride them.  If you have a bunch of high-prestige rides with fear between 3.5 and 4.5 in 1 area, especially if kids can ride them, then you'll have huge congestion because nearly all peeps will want to go there.  But you can counter this fairly easily with a couple of track rides on the other side of the park.  Track rides almost always have huge prestige (more than they deserve using the same criteria as coasters) and are kid-friendly, so also attract huge numbers of peeps of all demographics.

If you don't care about this aspect, however, then just put rides where they look the best :D.

More progress images!

Yup, they are ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2018, 07:27 PM »
That looks fantastic!  And for realism, I'd recommend the show buildings being next to each other...like one big building.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 12, 2018, 01:23 PM »
But H. G. Wells story was written at the height of what people now look at as the dawn of steampunk, which leads to the Metropolis feel of the other areas. I think it all flows together very nicely, especially if you add in a segway area, say with an altered psychola ride or something.

Think of Disney Studios, (if memory serves) you're walking down New York street, turn a corner, and there's a Star Wars AT-AT.

I won't lie, I loved this idea, and implemented it into the park!

Behold! 'Invader'

Thank you so much for the recommendation.

In other news, I've gone with Fisherman's suggestion and the ride is now back to back with Underground Express in a new area called 'Brave New World'. (Right hand side of the park next to the blue inverted coaster).

Admittedly the left side of the park is still underdeveloped, but I'm planning a car themed dark ride (a remodelling of World of Motors), a train themed coaster (a reworking of Iron Horse) and an industrial themed area with some flat rides. The Metropolis dark ride is still planned for the centre.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 12, 2018, 05:37 PM »
OMG I love Invader!!!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2018, 06:52 AM »
Behold! 'Invader'

Excellent!  I assume it has triggered flamethrowers and such?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2018, 02:04 PM »
I've not added anything like that....yet.

I'm now doing the finishing touches to the ride and working on Brave New World. I will work on the area more once the ride is finished, potentially adding more rides, but for now it's going to be quite modest. The area is just behind Flying Ace and begins to merge in with the city themed areas.

I've done my best to conceal the ride building by placing the entrance far forwards and adding building facades to the showbuilding.

The landing capsule for the Martian invasion sits next to the path / queue for War of the Worlds.