• 38 replies

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
Pendleton Theme park ~ Catawba 6/18
« on: February 11, 2017, 03:02 AM »

Thanks to Sebast for the logo!

Welcome to Pendleton Theme park!
More than 6 years ago I began my "big project" in RCT3. I showed big parts of it to a select few forum members, but I've never shown it to all of you. In 2013 I promised in my signature (see here) to post the finished Pendleton in 2017. Now it's 2017 and... it's not finished. I lost interest in RCT3 about two years ago and now the park is about over half finished. However, Planet Coaster was released last year. I started building a new version of Pendleton in PC and now I can at least fulfill my promise to post Pendleton in 2017 :).

I will post pictures of the PC version and the RCT3 version simultaneously in weekly updates. Because the PC version only has an entrance as of now the updates will likely become more sparse after 10 weeks.

Please be aware: this park is quite old and I will not update or add anything. This means that I don't expect any constructive criticism or compliments. I'm just showing this because of the unique opportunity to show both park simultaneously that PC gave me.

Pendleton Theme park is located in the Piedmont Triangle in North Carolina and is of the size of Europa park, Efteling or Seaworld Orlando. It celebrates the greatness of the country of the United States of America. Yeah, I know... 'Murica... Pendleton consists of 7 different areas:
  • An elaborate entrance area
  • Catawba (after the native American tribe that lived in North Carolina)
  • Los Angeles (in Spanish colonial revival style à la DCA's entrance area)
  • New York City (never finished)
  • Rocky Mountains (celebrating the great national parks, a lot of "nature")
  • Miami (art-deco)(never built)
  • San Fransisco (many land marks) (never built)

You will see many objects that have never been released publicly. I created hundreds of objects myself for personal use and I used not-released sets from others as well.

Welcome! There is one scenery piece missing here: in the lake there should be a big sign with the name of the theme park. I never got around to making it.

The architecture of the entrance (plaza) is quite generic.

The backside of the tickets building (it's symmetric, you can't see the other tower).

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:06 AM by FlyingDutchman7 »

Offline KiDFoX

• Legendary RCT3 Architect - Planet Coaster Newb..
    • View Profile
    • Fox Amusements - The site I have not touched in years
Re: Pendleton Theme park ~ Finally here!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 08:09 AM »
It looks very beautiful.  Love the Victorian architecture.
Fox Amusements is the largest, longest continuously running, most successful virtual theme park company in the Tycoon type games communities.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMkrN91L2KiAfAyu_Zi6HDw

@foxamusements

Offline MyGirlPepper

• Not your average 'Player'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 10:41 AM »
This has a very 'Regal' feel to it , nice and clean - rich atmosphere . Love it ! :up:

Offline 5am

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 06:16 PM »
I remember seeing one of your pictures of Pendleton in the BPT around three years ago, and the thought of having to wait till 2017 always stressed me out like crazy... but here we are, three years later, haha.

Glad to see you fulfilled your promise and decided to post the park - and, of course, it looks fantastic. I'm already ecstatic to see more photos (assuming that it will be soon-ish! ;) )

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 02:27 PM »
Finally some words on Pendleton Theme Park again, nice to see that, it´s very sad that you´ll never work again on the RCT3 park, perhaps any time you´ll find motivation again, that could be :D  But for now it´s nice to see that!

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 01:09 AM »
The building style is so unique I love it! It's so good to see that with a game as old as RCT3 people are still able to do new and unique stuff!
I do hope there's a steampunk themed ride inside  :drool:
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Werdenfelsland

• "Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter" Werdenfels Lan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 03:09 AM »
The Path design looks great

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 07:59 AM »
It looks very beautiful.  Love the Victorian architecture.
Thanks, man!

Finally some words on Pendleton Theme Park again, nice to see that, it´s very sad that you´ll never work again on the RCT3 park, perhaps any time you´ll find motivation again, that could be :D  But for now it´s nice to see that!
Thank you! PC must keep on crashing for me to come back to RCT3. PC is amazing :)

This has a very 'Regal' feel to it , nice and clean - rich atmosphere . Love it ! :up:
It's funny you say it has a Regal feel. These building weren't really inspired by any real world buildings, but rather by the way Leonidas used to build his structures: he built them around the columns and windows instead of around the walls.

The building style is so unique I love it! It's so good to see that with a game as old as RCT3 people are still able to do new and unique stuff!
I do hope there's a steampunk themed ride inside  :drool:
I'm sorry I'll have to disappoint you. No real steampunk ride. The closest you'll come to it is a simple coaster with a station themed around a factory.

I remember seeing one of your pictures of Pendleton in the BPT around three years ago, and the thought of having to wait till 2017 always stressed me out like crazy... but here we are, three years later, haha.

Glad to see you fulfilled your promise and decided to post the park - and, of course, it looks fantastic. I'm already ecstatic to see more photos (assuming that it will be soon-ish! ;) )
Thanks!

The Path design looks great
Thank you very much!

--------------------------------

Let's start our journey through the main street/plaza with the left/southwestern part.

Close to the exit of the park is of course a gift shop to trick out some more money of our guests last-minute.

Unlike in PC, in RCT3 I tried to make an interior for every building. Here are some racks of t-shirts with a statue of Liberty arm on top of it.

In this building you can gain information on the surrounding area of the park, on e.g. the nearby Wet 'n Wild.

Needless to say: it has an interior. Why is it here? Don't ask difficult questions, you fake media!

Here you can gain information about the park itself. At the back of the building you can visit the toilets if you want to.

In the rest of the park you'll frequently encounter Frontier signs. As I told you last time, I haven't fully completed the park.

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 08:56 AM »
Great update!
I love the interiors they look very realistic! I can easily imagine them in real life.

I guess I'll live without the steampunk ride ;) :p
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 05:22 PM »
This park must be relaxing and quiet built out near the forest like that.

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 07:06 PM »
I love your building style, specifically the integration of columns in the overall design. Every screen is lovely, can't wait to see more!

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 11:18 AM »
Ah, I do love it when I see great interiors! It really shows a lot of attention to detail when people actually attempt interiors, and to have them turn out so well shows true dedication. :)
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 04:10 PM »
Your interiors in RCT3 are what will separate this version from the PC version. PC just can't do interiors like this right now--and your interiors, specifically, are always stunning. Love it.

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 05:29 AM »
Great update!
I love the interiors they look very realistic! I can easily imagine them in real life.

I guess I'll live without the steampunk ride ;) :p
Thanks!

This park must be relaxing and quiet built out near the forest like that.
Thank you! Yes, I initially had the idea to build a very forest-friendly park like the Efteling, but after the second land (Catawba) I let loose of that because it's very hard to make an LA, or NYC-themed land fit in with a forest.

I love your building style, specifically the integration of columns in the overall design. Every screen is lovely, can't wait to see more!
Thanks!

Your interiors in RCT3 are what will separate this version from the PC version. PC just can't do interiors like this right now--and your interiors, specifically, are always stunning. Love it.
Thank you. In RCT3 I felt like interiors were equally a part of making buildings as making exteriors. I even compromised my exteriors to have a good interior too.

Ah, I do love it when I see great interiors! It really shows a lot of attention to detail when people actually attempt interiors, and to have them turn out so well shows true dedication. :)
Thank you very much!
-----------------------------------

I'm sorry for the somewhat shorter and boring update. To make an equal amount of updates for the PC version as for the RCT3 version, I had to make a smaller one.
So, let's go to the other side of the plaza.

Here we see Floralia. A small shop that sells flowers. I wonder why it's part of the park...

I just needed a filler building with something "different" for the interior.

At the center of the plaza is a beautiful fountain.

A small stand selling food and drinks. It's a popular shop for people waiting in the queue to enter the park.

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
Re: Pendleton Theme park ~ Entrance area 2/25
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 06:54 AM »
That outdoor vendor is quirky but neat. I like the color palette you have for this area, especially given the time of day you're taking the photos. Nice job.

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 03:00 PM »
These are delightful images of a beautiful park.  The first and third images are outstanding.  What an unusual and attractive use of CS there is to see.  The grass with path walkways add a great deal of interest.

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Floralia is gorgeous, it has a lovely Efteling-esque look to it. I love the fountain as well!

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 12:42 PM »
I don't know why I didn't catch this before, but I love how it looks like there's grass that mixes and intermingles seamlessly with the walkways. Or is it grass? If it is intended to be grass, I think that's a great idea and definitely something unique. Regardless of whether it's intended to be grass or not, it gives the whole area a more park-like feel to it, particularly around the fountain.

Also, I love how you used the sci-fi railing as a sort of Victorian gingerbread trim element on the food and drink stand. Great use of something in a non-conventional way!
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 06:30 AM »
I really love the use of scenery and the unique scenery. It's so refreshing!

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
Re: Pendleton Theme park ~ Entrance area 3/4
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2017, 06:25 AM »
These are delightful images of a beautiful park.  The first and third images are outstanding.  What an unusual and attractive use of CS there is to see.  The grass with path walkways add a great deal of interest.
Thank you very much!

That outdoor vendor is quirky but neat. I like the color palette you have for this area, especially given the time of day you're taking the photos. Nice job.
It feels very warm, doesn't it! :)

I really love the use of scenery and the unique scenery. It's so refreshing!
I'm glad that after so many years of RCT, a new park can still be refreshing.

I don't know why I didn't catch this before, but I love how it looks like there's grass that mixes and intermingles seamlessly with the walkways. Or is it grass? If it is intended to be grass, I think that's a great idea and definitely something unique. Regardless of whether it's intended to be grass or not, it gives the whole area a more park-like feel to it, particularly around the fountain.

Also, I love how you used the sci-fi railing as a sort of Victorian gingerbread trim element on the food and drink stand. Great use of something in a non-conventional way!

It's actually not meant to be grass. Otherwise it'd be brown because of all the foots that walk over it, within a week. That would actually indeed be a very cool idea for a smaller park. Thank you very much!

Floralia is gorgeous, it has a lovely Efteling-esque look to it. I love the fountain as well!
The Efteling certainly was a source of inspiration for this part of the park. I love the atmosphere over there.
-------------------------

We can finally enter the park!

The big train station at the front of the park also serves as entrance.

The turnstyles are on the ground floor.

The entrance to the station is at the back.

The two sides serve as space for lockers, in case you need to leave some articles near the entrance.

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2017, 07:45 AM »
This has a very distinct feel. You can tell it came from a certain period during RCT3.

Didn't realize we weren't even in the park yet. That's a very comprehensive entrance area.

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2017, 04:58 PM »
I have to say, I much prefer the PC version of the lockers. That being said, I'm still really enjoying the RCT version!

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 04:15 PM »
Lovely entrance! The mix of pavement types is really nice, and the curved pieces over the entryways are a nice touch.

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2017, 03:35 AM »
This has a very distinct feel. You can tell it came from a certain period during RCT3.

Didn't realize we weren't even in the park yet. That's a very comprehensive entrance area.
Thanks! When I built this park I had troubles building "big": I used to construct my buildings as small as possible, just like many European parks do due to the lack of space. I imposed this entrance area as a challenge on myself; I finally had to start building big. I think I succeeded ;)

I have to say, I much prefer the PC version of the lockers. That being said, I'm still really enjoying the RCT version!
Thank you! Yeah, I prefer the PC version too. Between when I built this in RCT and now a new, much better locker set was released. I don't know why I never replaced them...

Lovely entrance! The mix of pavement types is really nice, and the curved pieces over the entryways are a nice touch.
Thank you!
----------------------

After you've entered the park, you enter a foresty area.

Snugged nicely between the trees you can find a log cabin-ish restaurant.

When the children are out to big and scary attractions, the adults can take some rest and eat some cake.

Or... the little ones can go to this small playground that is next to the restaurant.

Lots of different types of cake are available.

Of course you'll also have to pay, but afterwards you can take a rest on these very comfy chairs.

And when you're finished you can immediately poop it all out on the toilets in the basement of the building.

A small seat for the cleaning lady.

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
Re: Pendleton Theme park ~ Entrance area 3/12
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 09:07 AM »
Very great attention to detail. There are so many things that catch my eye... like the design on the wall in the playground, or the fruit basket seated across from the table in the last picture. But your interiors are especially impressive.

Offline RCT D!

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 10:23 AM »
Looks fantastic, great scenery and landscape creation. The indoor scenes are well executed as well, thumbs up!

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 11:53 PM »
What beautiful foresty areas and such charming interiors.

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2017, 06:27 AM »
Very great attention to detail. There are so many things that catch my eye... like the design on the wall in the playground, or the fruit basket seated across from the table in the last picture. But your interiors are especially impressive.
Thanks!

What beautiful foresty areas and such charming interiors.
Thank you!

Looks fantastic, great scenery and landscape creation. The indoor scenes are well executed as well, thumbs up!
Thank you very much!

-------------------------------

In case you need to find some strollers or want some more information about the park. This is the place to go!

Of course it features an interior with a slightly too tall counter.

The first Coca-Cola-sponsored shop. Hey, this park needs money too!

At the end of this foresty "main street" you'll find a stage dug slightly into the ground.

Every other hour clown Sebastian (just call him Bassie) enters the stage and entertains the little guests.

On the other hour a more serious entertainer entertains the children. The seats are usually full in that hour. Bassie's performance with the kids isn't so good...

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
Re: Pendleton Theme park ~ Entrance area 3/20
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2017, 07:15 AM »
This attention to detail is outstanding! I really enjoy watching this park grow!

Offline RCT D!

• View Profile
Re: Pendleton Theme park ~ Entrance area 3/20
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2017, 07:34 AM »
As your Planet Coaster Pendleton Theme Park, this one is very well executed as well. The indoor scenery is one of your best works so far.