Blueprint Essentials

Blueprint Essentials

• 8 replies

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
Blueprint Essentials
« on: March 15, 2017, 02:32 PM »
By no means is this a collection of the best blueprints on the workshop. But rather, this will cover the essentials. The things that every park should have.
Please list out anyones that you think should be added to this list

Seating & Dining
Functional Double Booth
Wooden Table Set

Fountains & Centrepieces
Far West Fountain
Simple Fountain
Gazebo DisneyLand Paris
Turtle Fountain

Fences
Fence
Standard Fence

Scenery
Totem Pole
Skull Pile
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:16 AM by matt9537 »
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Re: Blueprint Must Haves
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 03:50 PM »
While some of these are certainly interesting, I feel like you're setting yourself up for a major headache by calling these "must have." A good portion of these have very specific theming, beyond just a theme. For example, I don't see many parks using an oversized western outhouse.

If you'd like to call attention to workshop creations, maybe have a nomination process with a weekly/bi-weekly vote for the purposes of spotlighting.

Offline breezerHOG

• Steam ID: breezerHOG
    • View Profile
Re: Blueprint Must Haves
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 10:23 PM »
I really like the wooden table and functioning double bench. I am making a list of "important collections" in my steam account, once it starts to grow and I fill it up a little more I will add links to my collections here, or for now you can just search for me on steam @ breezerHOG

I would also highly recommend adding any "Classic RCT" blueprints, those really bring the nostalgia vibes to PC!!  :w00t:
RCT1: 82/82 | RCT2: 34/60 | RCT3: 10/39 +Sandbox
PC: 31/31 Achievements + 45/45 Career Stars

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
Re: Blueprint Essentials
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 03:51 AM »
While some of these are certainly interesting, I feel like you're setting yourself up for a major headache by calling these "must have." A good portion of these have very specific theming, beyond just a theme. For example, I don't see many parks using an oversized western outhouse.

If you'd like to call attention to workshop creations, maybe have a nomination process with a weekly/bi-weekly vote for the purposes of spotlighting.
Yeah, good point. I don't want this to be the "best" or even "cool" blueprints - just rather the basics, the essentials, the blueprints that every creator should have such as benches, fences etc. I've removed a few of the more specific themed objects like the outhouse.
I think some theming is ok. The pile of skulls for example, is something that I imagine many would use.

Yes, that is something I'll work towards. For now, I just wanted to start off with a few basic essentials.

I really like the wooden table and functioning double bench. I am making a list of "important collections" in my steam account, once it starts to grow and I fill it up a little more I will add links to my collections here, or for now you can just search for me on steam @ breezerHOG

I would also highly recommend adding any "Classic RCT" blueprints, those really bring the nostalgia vibes to PC!!  :w00t:
Ah yes, that would be cool. A few collections may be nice. feel free to add a link here when you complete it.
Yeah, I've seen a few classics around and they do look great. Although, they are quite specific. Not sure if everyone would use them. But we can always compile a separate list ;)
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline breezerHOG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 10:33 AM »
Here is a link to my Steam Collections -

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1166030341

these are not my creations, I just collected them together in my favorites, and I'll keep adding to my list
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:24 PM by breezerHOG »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 12:21 PM »
I like this idea. I hope to see this list grow, so I can come here when I'm looking for essentials, other than searching through 1000s of blueprints on Steam.

Btw, clicking on the fence link takes me to the table.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 01:26 PM »
breezerHOG, Were you trying to find all the RCT themed stuff in the workshop, or just a few bits? There are a number of other old RCT scenarios available out there. Haunted Harbor, Geoffrey Gardens, and Leafy Lake to name a few.

matt, love this idea. I was going to mention the fence link, but shyguy beat me to it.

Offline breezerHOG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 01:45 PM »
The collections list I just started, I'm kind of new to Steam, but I'm going to add a lot more to those collections soon. And yes I know theres a lot more scenarios out their, I was just mainly grabbing building blueprints for now. Do you know of any good RCT blueprints I missed besides scenarios?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 02:00 PM by breezerHOG »

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 03:45 AM »
Thank you! These are very handy!

My own creation: Turnstyles