Storm Mountain Plateau -BIG ALCHEMIST UPDATE-Custom RMC T-Rex

• 89 replies

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Storm Mountain Plateau - Terrain Park-FINAL PHASE-6-Elite
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Looks quite interesting.  I hope to give it a ride this weekend, weather permitting (as in, I'm not sent off to Houston or some such place).
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline DanThorpe

• THE VILLAGE! Xtreme Scream 2017!
    • View Profile
Re: Storm Mountain Plateau - Terrain Park-FINAL PHASE-6-Elite
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2017, 07:44 AM »
Due to unforseen circumstances. Elite had to be shelved however this new addition should wet your appetite.
This is Immersion

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
wow now thats a drop :D :-O
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Pietrix008

• Planet Coaster addict!
    • View Profile
that looks epic! how did you manege to get it in the water so smoothly?

Offline DanThorpe

• View Profile
Alot of pissing about with smoothing, waterlevels and timing brakes lol

Offline DanThorpe

• View Profile
Well its been a productive day, Queue line in place and fenced, Themeing 75% complete,Station 80% Complete, the small effects show that shows every 4 hours is in place and general ground work and foliage.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
well! that looks just great! love the station area nad its surrounding. fits perfect in your park so far :)

Offline Alxou

• Last night a DJ saved my life...
    • View Profile
I don't want to be on the small bridge when a boat is coming down!  :scared:
Twitter : Alxou_PC

Offline DanThorpe

• View Profile
Just a quick update, Today you all get a preview peek into Storm Mountain Plateau!!

and take a ride on Flood Falls Rapids!

Offline DanThorpe

• View Profile
Re: Storm Mountain Plateau -Terrain Park-FINAL PHASE
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2017, 04:05 AM »
The final additions have been making way to Storm Mountain Plateau, The park is well known for utilising its unique terrain, But never before has it been truly use to this astounding and terrifying advantage.
 At the far end of the park you will find the grand lake which separates the park from the north mountain range. This area also was once a quarry creating a drop of just over 130ft. It as this point where you will find 2 attractions that will use this vantage point with great form.

Skyview: a giant tower and the tallest structure in the park , Will provide unparalleled vistas of the North Mountains, Grand Lake and of course Storm Mountain Plateau.

And then there is Limit: An S+S Screamin' Swing in a most fearful location. Sat perched on a reinforced outcrop over the old quarry ,This ride has an air of challenge and intimidation not rivalled by many. With nothing beyond the ride other than the North Mountains and nothing below than the old quarry which you will soon be sent high over and above...this ride begs one question...Whats your Limit?...

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
great pictures and story!

Offline Alxou

• Last night a DJ saved my life...
    • View Profile
Your work on the terrain and the nature is amazing man!
Twitter : Alxou_PC

Offline DanThorpe

• View Profile
So comes the final stages, Storm Mountain Plateau is very nearly complete, Thanks everyone for all you feedback and support on this MONSTER project.

Offline DanThorpe

• View Profile
Storm Mountain Plateau is Released, After 7 Months of creation. I hope you enjoy this monster project and please UP RATE if you did.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279320128

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Re: Storm Mountain Plateau -Terrain Park-WORKSHOP RELEASE
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2018, 03:52 PM »
WOW Dan. That is really impressive. I didn't realise until I saw the overhead shot and the video how massive that park is. It's a phenomenal amount of work.
And I think that Limit wins the award for the ride you most wish you'd worn your brown pants on. I bet swinging out off a cliff like that would be scary as hell. I love it.
So I've subscribed and rated. I can't wait to get in there and explore. I can easily see myself losing an hour or two walking around admiring the scenery and riding the rides.

Brilliant. brilliant job sir  :up:

« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2018, 04:47 PM »
Really enjoyed wandering round that for an hour! Great work!

Here's a snapshot I took whilst on the Monorail.

Online cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Wow! I have no idea what I would ride first because everything looks thrilling. Priority Pass is definitely a must.

Offline DanThorpe

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2018, 07:38 PM »
This is not a drill..I repeat this is not a drill.. Storm Mountain Plateau will have 1 final coaster. The final send off to this mammoth project.

Without further ado ... this is

The plateau has had its fair share of stories, legends and lore. From the hauntings of the Wraith..To the elemental battles of fire with Incaendium and water with Immersion. And of course the mechanical marvels of the Storm Mountain Express, Contraption and Tempest!
But a new story begins ..one final story.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:21 PM by DanThorpe »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
That looks like a very fun coaster.  I look forward to getting the updated version of the park :).

Unfortunately, the 1st pic (the one after the ride logo) isn't showing up....
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Ah, the legend is now visible.  Such a sweet love story ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

great looking ride

I've heard the "one more phase" joke before and I hope it keeps on coming because whatever you do turns gold. (Insert drum bit for bad pun.)

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
WOW :-O booom there is another update!

Offline DanThorpe

• View Profile
First of all thank you so much for all your comments, I was a little behind due to going to ScareCON 2018, which was awesome!! Plus the scare attraction I was in, The Village at Xtreme Scream Park won "Best Halloween Attraction 2018" and ScareTrack who I was a guest on the podcast for said "I was one of the main reasons The Village won that night "

Anyways onwards to this mahoooosive update.

A lot of work has come on and is very close to nearing completion. Mainly the queue, lighting, backstory integration, pre-show, track modifications and scenery.

First off -The skyline, as much as you can see over the trees has changed forever as Alchemist stands proudly to the west of the park.

Alchemist can be spotted as short walk in from the entrance giving new views behind Ripsaw and onboard the Monorail.

To the left of Alchemist you will find a small flat, Originally designed to be a tourbillon ride but due to complications opted for a addtion from Fabbri of Italy,

This addition is a light nod to the antagonist of the Alchemists Story Angelique, Scorned ,Angered and with a curse that lingers on . This is Vexed.

On to Alchemist its self. After some final tests, it was seen that excessive forces were too strong, RMC accommodated this set back with 2 new changes to the layout, Providing more thrills and still providing the second inversion.

The main change is the problem spot , the low turn at the far back of the ride has been removed and now rides up into the hill to turn back with a zero g dive.

The next shots also show the extensive queue work leading to Alchemists station.

As we head upto the station we start to learn the legend and of Caleb and Angelique , the ill fated couple behind Alchemists story.

After a short wait the "doors will open" and you will enter into Calebs lab.

It is in here that you will learn through a 4 minutes preshow the tale of Caleb and Angelique through Audio naration, effects and lighting.

After the preshow you will head into the station.

Alchemist although not the tallest attraction in the world surely holds its own amongst the giants of the park and the industry and is an imposing structure to behold.

Well thats all for now, Alchemist will be arriving to the public very soon. If your ready for Alchemist but beware..A fool and his treasure are easily parted...Good Luck.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:14 AM by DanThorpe »

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Storm Mountain Plateau -BIG ALCHEMIST UPDATE-Custom RMC T-Rex
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2018, 05:48 PM »
this is wonderfully made.  I love the styling and the coaster itself looks fun and smooth!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2018, 06:59 AM »
First off, congrats on the successful ScareCON trip ;).

Second, BEAUTIFUL work on Alchemist and the park as a whole.  Just gorgeous and natural-looking.  However, the 1st 2 pics don't work.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Online cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2018, 09:56 AM »
This looks awesome! Alchemist looks like a fun attraction and I love the theming! This is a beautiful park all around and I cannot wait for more!

Offline _mister_MR_

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2018, 02:38 PM »
Amazing work! Alchemist fits so well in this park. I really like the originality of the layout but I can still see the inspiration from the real-life single-rail coasters.

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2018, 05:07 PM »
The re-design looks great. Everything from the coaster, to the scenery, to the story all weaves together nicely.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline DanThorpe

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2018, 07:28 AM »
just a quicky to say thankyou to XSHADOWX for taking the time to review SMP