Palisade Park

• 216 replies
Re: Palisade Park
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2018, 10:39 AM »
Thanks for the kind words. Some more work on the front entrance area....

I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2018, 10:58 AM »
That carousel is gorgeous at night :love:

Though I think I'm almost more impressed by how clean the entrance dome for it is.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2018, 11:17 AM »
The front entrance pictures look great. That carousel cover is really clever.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2018, 07:26 AM »
It's so great to see this park back again. And it has your stamp all over it. Beautiful :)

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Thanks guys. Entrance plaza is almost done. Only 1 more building to create. In the mean time....a few beauty shots of the work I did today.
Cheers!

I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2018, 09:04 PM »
Very beautiful, definitely ;)  I didn't think you could improve on this area, but damn if you didn't.
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2018, 04:36 PM »
Ferociously kind words BH.......OK...the entrance plaza is DONE!!!! Some beauty shots and an overview day and night of the entrance plaza. Now onto figuring out how to theme the rest of this behemoth park....Cheers!!!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2018, 08:47 PM »
Real purty.:)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2018, 11:15 PM »
I like the overall color and atmosphere. And creative ideas stand out. Good work!

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2018, 03:59 AM »
That carousel... especially at night   :o

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Glad that you are back, everything looks fantastic! I especially like how you kept it easy on the lighting rather then over doing it. Well done.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2018, 11:42 AM »
You guys are too kind. Thanks for all the encouragement. Keeps me going. And now......since I played PC until 4am......bad life choices.....here's an overview of where the park stands now.....and......a teaser of things to come!
Cheers!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2018, 11:58 AM »
I was gawking at that overhead shot of the plaza for ages. God, there is so much to look at. I can see flavours of French, Spanish and Victorian-American influence in the architecture. I can imagine walking in and being overwhelmed by the amount of stuff to look at.
And as for worrying about theming the rest of the park, I wouldn't worry. Just take it one step at a time. Also the rides and the landscape can inspire a theme. Just have a good look around and spend a bit of time in there and you'll be brimming with ideas.

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2018, 04:36 PM »
I was gawking at that overhead shot of the plaza for ages. God, there is so much to look at. I can see flavours of French, Spanish and Victorian-American influence in the architecture. I can imagine walking in and being overwhelmed by the amount of stuff to look at.

That mix reminds me of the uptown parts of New Orleans, an artifact of many changes of ownership over the area.  Lux spent some time there recently.  I wonder if that's where he got the ideas?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2018, 08:37 PM »
It's quite possible I did subliminally get inspired by my five months in New Orleans. Hadn't thought about that, but it makes sense.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2018, 03:08 AM »
the overview shot looks really cool.
i have just a "small" critique. Your carousel is so well detailed, with its surrounding, but the ground texture looks a bit flat. if you just add another grass texture on it, in my eyes it would look way better, and maybe some more flowers or small grass folliage. the rest looks great :)
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Thx for all the feedback. Here's what I worked on over the weekend.

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2018, 02:15 PM »
Very intriguing.  I see a bunch of suspiciously roofless buildings in the overhead view.  But it appears the the stuff  you show in the detail pics are facing away from the camera in that pic, up a bit left of top center.

The detail pics are superb, of course.  I expect nothing less from you ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2018, 02:19 PM »
Thanks. Those roofless bldgs are actually "skeletons" that I plunk down and then add to in order to create these bldgs. Just seems faster to be able to drop and drag the bones of a structure where I want it and then decorate accordingly.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2018, 03:24 PM »
This park is definitely unique and looks really fun! I am sure guests will be lining up for many attractions, so I may want to buy a priority pass.  ::)

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2018, 12:28 PM »
Howdy. More progress shots...in no particular order. I'm sort of working on all sections bit by bit. My goal with this park is to keep it ecclectic in it's motif and consistent throughout so there won't be specific "lands" so to speak. Anywho......here are the screenies!

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2018, 08:47 PM »
That's some very nice architecture but the lighting in the screenshots makes it hard to see the details.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2018, 02:08 PM »
More progress shots. As you can see between the last overview and this one, I've started theming the go karts and am plowing through the lower left side of the park while darting back and forth between other sections as well. It has just dawned on me how absolutely enormous this park is. I still have so many rides to add....yeesh. Anyway, the screens.......

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2018, 05:08 PM »
It has just dawned on me how absolutely enormous this park is. I still have so many rides to add....yeesh.

Hehehe, you're the one who laid this whole park out to start with as a challenge to yourself :).

Anyway, those pics show some more of your excellent work.  But they're kinda washed out.  Maybe next time vary the time of day so things appear in their best light.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2018, 12:44 PM »
Good idea about the photos. What do people find is the best time to set for daylight to give the photos their most illustrious appearance?

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2018, 01:00 PM »
Looks wonderful!!!  As for lighting images.  9 or 10 am and 3 pm or so are good and provide longer, more dramatic shadows.  And it depends on which side of the building you want to light up.

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2018, 01:08 PM »
Well, for daylight pics of buildings, the best time of day depends on a variety of factors, so I find it best to put the camera in the place I want to get the shot I want, then play with the time to get the best lighting for that shot.  I might end up using different times of the day to take pics of the various sides of the same building.

You have to consider the orientation of the building on the map, relative to the path of the sun, and the angle you're looking at the building from.  The south side is illuminated all day, but the light comes at different angles at different times so changes the shadows.  And depending on what the building's made out of, its surfaces might glare at certain times of the day when seen from certain angles.  The north side, OTOH, is always at least partly in its own shadow, although near noon this is minimized.  The east side is illuminated in the morning and shaded in the afternoon, and vice versa for the west side.

Another factor is things near to the building that can cast shadows on it.  This I find particularly annoying because I never consider this when making stuff, and when the light is otherwise perfect for the building, half of it is covered with the shadow of a nearby coaster or something.  But you can usually tweak the time and hour in either direction to fix this and still have pretty good light.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2018, 02:52 PM »
Howdy. Back from a lovely 2 week vacation and back into the world of Planet Coaster. Some screens of work from today. Enjoy.

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2018, 03:36 PM »
And a few overview shots to show progress so far....cheers!

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2018, 08:39 PM »
Vacation?  Didn't you spend several months vacationing in "N'Yawlins" ?!?!?!?!?  Geez, you work for a great company.  Are they hiring? :D

Anyway, I really like the new stuff here.  There are some very imaginative/unusual buildings in there that still manage to blend in with the surrounding loveliness in a coherent style without standing out and looking weird.  You'll have to tell me how you do that ;).

Also, much better control of the lighting in the pics ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page