MTC Merlins Magic Mountian! (entry 2: Can I moor this here?!)

• 5 replies

Offline 89James89

• Fantasy for the win!
    • View Profile
MTC Merlins Magic Mountian! (entry 2: Can I moor this here?!)
« on: September 13, 2017, 03:41 AM »
Merlin's Theme Company
Merlin's Magic Mountain

So, after binging on a whole load of PlanetCoaster videos on youtube, I've decided that I want to start playing around with parks again. Only issue is that I don't have PC or the spare funds to buy it (or the time to play it with all the detailing you can do in that game) so have decided that I would revisit RCT3 and found this old park that I was working on, on and off for a while and decided to restart it back up again so, welcome (back if you remember the park from several years ago) to Merlin's Magic Mountain!

Entry 1: Revisit

So, as the entry title suggests today is going to be a look at the parks major rides and only a few screens as I get back into the swing of things. Now as you might or might not know, were currently on Phase 2 with Phase 3 currently in the works. Now this park is completely NCS so should be able to be enjoyed by all, which, is why you can download Phase 2 of the park here http://www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=2929 Anyway seeing as you can see the whole park from that download lets just post a couple of screens of the major attractions.

Starting off at the really small entrance (for a park this size anyway), here's the main attraction in the park Gargoyle, sat in Merlin's home atop the mountain that forms the centrepiece (or Weenie as I think its called) of the park.

Here's another shot from inside the park where you can see the first drop and huge immelman of Gargoyle as some spell or something spooks it and it takes flight!

Moving away from Gargoyle we have the second major ride in the form of Harpy. A mess of track diving in and out of the swampy lands it inhabits!

Finally for the major attractions you can currently actually visit here's Harrington Library where Merlin keeps all his old and forgotten spell books. Trouble is, well there spell books and they don't behave very well being shut up in the library. Oh well, at least it makes for an interesting library!

Finally here's a look at something that you can't visit in the download and what were currently working on for Phase 3! Turns out that Merlin's old pal Long Cog has come to visit and decided that he likes it so much he's going to moor his Steam Ship and build himself a home! Will you brave Long Cog Harbour when it opens or is the pirate life a trifle to scary for YAR!

So, there we go. Hope you all like this look and feel free to download and explore the park in its Phase 2 and even post trip reports if you wish! Hell, use and abuse this thread for anything you like or don't about the park and I'll keep you guys (hopefully) infrequently updated about the work being done on it!

Till next time!

James (and Merlin of course)!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:23 PM by 89James89 »

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
Re: MTC Merlins Magic Mountian! (entry 1: Revisit!)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 05:24 AM »
Oh Hey!! Good to see you back in RCT3, worried you left too. How old is this park now? It's got great bones. I'll try to visit the park sometime.

Offline Chromin

• I mostly just lurk nowadays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 01:42 PM »
This park looks great! I love the No-CS feel, and it's impressive you managed to build so much and make it look so good without CS. Looking forward to seeing more.
Nothing to see here

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 07:07 PM »
Haha, it's back! Your creative and innovative use of NCS has always been a blast to see and I look forward to some new, cool updates.
'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

Offline 89James89

• Fantasy for the win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 12:23 PM »
Replies:

TMH: Thanks, happy to be back, God knows how old the park is. Must be at least 3 years by now. Longest wait between phases in any phased rct3 park achieved lol! Please do visit the park. Would love to hear what you think, though, thinking about it, you may as well just wait until I release Phase 3 (which hopefully shouldn't be too long).

Chromin: Thanks, really like the fact that you guys are happy with the NO CS lol as I remember when the place used to be really busy and every other comment was 'need more CS!' lol and that your finding the park impressive!

PandaCoasters: Thanks glad your liking my use of NCS, I really enjoy working in it and the fact that I don't get bogged down with huge amounts of details but I still try and get some unique stuff in there.

Entry 2: Can I moor this here?

So, jealous of all the attention that these FSD parks are getting (you know, because its not like they all deserve it!) I thought I would post some night time teasers of the area of the park that is being built for Phase 3 of MMM! Because night-time stuff looks cool (and not for the reason that it hides all the unfinished parts of the area!).

Anyway here's the main focal scenery part of the area all lit up and reflective at night! (seriously this is probably the most creative I've tried to be with a screenshot ever). Old Longcog has finally decided that his new home is finished to a satisfactory level and has moored his airship here!

Other than that I have this random image of one of the areas three eateries, located in Cutcog cove(I may have gone a bit over the top with space filling and eateries), The Hanging Bones, where you can get the finest stuff to eat!

Anyway, that's all for this small teaser update. Think I'm probably about 90% done with the area so the next time you see this it'll probably be the release entry for Phase 3!

Screw it, I'm pretty excited at least!

I've also completely lost my train of thought so on that note....

Till next time!

James (and Merlin of course)

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: MTC Merlins Magic Mountian! (entry 2: Can I moor this here?!)
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 02:03 PM »
Considering this park has no CSO, it looks fantastic! Great work!  :D