(WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom (Collaboration & TOT Walkthrough)

• 92 replies
Re: (WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2018, 07:25 AM »
Progress!

Good Morning From Walt Disney's Kingdom!

Finally I've completed Phase 1 of the "Fantasyland" style area, including attractions & buildings. It's taken about 2 weeks longer than anticipated but hey, that's life!

I've included a few images below of the newly completed sections as well as a sneak peek video of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. My apologies for the quality of the video (I am a complete novice at video editing!) and for the watermark. I've purchased the software so it should be fine from now on in but it will have to do for this one, which should be fine given it's only a preview.

Breakfast with a view! Hopefully this is in keeping with the standard I'm aiming for. Now on to Phase 2!

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:27 AM by Mackie1985 »

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
A very magical morning! This looks incredible and a very pleasant treat. Amazing job!
World Of Discovery: http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,19032.0.html
Disneyland Park at Disneyland Resort Dubai:
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,19383.0.html
Disney's Hollywood Studios at Disneyland Resort Dubai:http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,20018.0.html

great work here. love the screen shots as well

A very magical morning! This looks incredible and a very pleasant treat. Amazing job!

great work here. love the screen shots as well

Thanks guys! Always good to receive good feedback  :) [size=78%] [/size]

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, I know you posted an update which included your TOT sneak peek. But due to database problems your last post was lost. My humblest apologies.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

I'm sorry, I know you posted an update which included your TOT sneak peek. But due to database problems your last post was lost. My humblest apologies.

Not a problem, was wondering what had happened.

It wasn't a big update anyway, just a quick sneak peek into something I've been working alongside the main park whilst I had the motivation. It won't be used in this park but will in the park series if that makes sense.

Offline cody

• View Profile
Awesome job with the preshow! That is one of my favorite attractions at Walt Disney World and I cannot wait to see what you do with it. Everything is spectacular as always, please do us all a favor and keep up the good work!  :D
Disney's Hollywood Studios at Disneyland Resort Dubai:http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,20018.0.html

Awesome job with the preshow! That is one of my favorite attractions at Walt Disney World and I cannot wait to see what you do with it. Everything is spectacular as always, please do us all a favor and keep up the good work!  :D

Thanks!

looks awesome...you should use the new chain link fence and add a fence box around that electrical scene in the middle...then it will look just like the real ride.

Offline cody

• View Profile
Might I suggest a 5 minute drop sequence completely in the dark  ::).

looks awesome...you should use the new chain link fence and add a fence box around that electrical scene in the middle...then it will look just like the real ride.

Thanks. I've used them quite a bit on the reverse wall but due to the actual queue configuration, they don't fit easily in front of the doors.

Might I suggest a 5 minute drop sequence completely in the dark  ::).

The drop sequence is providing a few challenges to say the least! More so to do with the limited time between stops. However it's proving to be great fun! I think I'm currently on about 8 individual display sequencers for the ride sequences alone and only half way through tweaking etc. A lot of video/audio editing required.

It's proving to be a lot of fun having my own take on this classic and although it's not based on any individual tower, I'm trying to take a few bits and pieces from the 3 No. various kinds already built. Florida is my main source of motivation though. In my opinion it's still the best, non roller coaster thrill ride in existence.

P.s These lamps below are incredible! Not sure who made them but they compliment the theming perfectly!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 08:27 AM by Mackie1985 »

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2018, 08:21 AM »
It's getting there!

Really looking forward to debuting this one. I'll start an individual thread on the rides forum shortly for a bit more of an in depth look.....

P.S Thanks to "Charley's News" for the excellent sign! Rearranged slightly but all their work.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:25 AM by Mackie1985 »

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2018, 09:12 AM »
wow - that looks great

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2018, 10:12 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your TOT. It looks great so far. Can't wait to see some on-ride shots.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2018, 11:19 AM »
Oh my gosh! I love this!

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Thanks guys  :)

Been a lot of fun building this and a lot of work! (Around 14 display sequencers per elevator shaft & another 8 for the area)

It will form part of another park in this series which I seem to be pretty invested in at the moment. More to come soon!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2018, 06:46 AM »
Awesome! Can't wait to see the 7 Dwarfs' Mine Train and the TOT complete. That preshow video made me chuckle as it was so atmospheric and made you feel like you was there.

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2018, 07:17 AM »
Awesome! Can't wait to see the 7 Dwarfs' Mine Train and the TOT complete. That preshow video made me chuckle as it was so atmospheric and made you feel like you was there.

Thanks very much. Been slow but progressing well!

Offline nazmakhan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2018, 10:13 AM »
What are the limits of this game? I was really surprised. :scared:

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2018, 11:43 AM »
The incredible amount of work that you've put into this in such a short time leads me to believe that you are independently wealthy and spend every waking moment working on this masterpiece. It's truly stunning!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2018, 02:32 AM »
What are the limits of this game? I was really surprised. :scared:

Thank you.......I think   :confused:

The incredible amount of work that you've put into this in such a short time leads me to believe that you are independently wealthy and spend every waking moment working on this masterpiece. It's truly stunning!

:no: Unfortunately not. Just a lot of experience but thank you :)

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2018, 09:19 AM »
I know I'm late, but dang! Every little detail is amazing. I see a lot of Disney parks here but your has to be one of the best. Can't wait to see how ToT turns out.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2018, 05:36 AM »
I know I'm late, but dang! Every little detail is amazing. I see a lot of Disney parks here but your has to be one of the best. Can't wait to see how ToT turns out.

Thank you  :)

I've put a lot of work into this park and the subsequent unnamed sister park where the TOT is located and agonized over even the simplest of details to make sure I can capture the 'Disney effect' as best as I can. However it is taking a huge amount of time to make real progress and in all honesty there are just some elements that I can't find inspiration for/aren't very good at.

On that note, would anyone be interested in collaborating on some of the attractions?

My initial thoughts on this would be for someone to come on board and take joint creative control of a certain attraction. I have a pretty solid idea of what I am looking to put in both parks but not sure I am the best person to necessarily do the best job. Some of the other dark rides/parks etc. created on here are outstanding and I would love to have some of that creative talent fired into these parks (I'm looking at you Fisherman!) but I know that it's not always a possibility given other commitments and a desire to work on this kind of park.

Anyway, if it is of interest to anyone please let me know and I'll put together a more detailed layout of what I'm hoping to create.

Thanks again

Re: (WIP) Walt Disney's Kingdom (Collaboration & TOT Walkthrough)
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2018, 03:23 PM »
Sorry for the double post but I'm pleased to present my initial attraction overview and POV for the 'Twilight Zone Tower of Terror'.

There is still quite a bit of audio & visual touch ups to be done (not to mention the 2nd shaft to programme!) but I think the vast majority of it is looking reasonably good. Although excuse my dodgy camera work!

Hopefully it's in keeping with the standard I'm aiming for  :)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2018, 06:40 PM »
The exterior of the hotel, the grounds, queue, and interiors are simply phenomenal. It looks just like the real thing. That first hallway on the ride itself is also awesome. The second half of the ride and conclusion are not as impressive, though a lot of that is Frontier's fault for not supplying a proper final drop. I think you've done wonders with what you had to work with, and as you stated, you still have some more tweaks to add. I look forward to seeing the final version.

As for the dodgy controls, I really wish Frontier would give us a proper peep cam with better controls for making povs and park tours. I've been struggling with the tegicam cheat with the Mr. Wonder show. Using it, he either races through the park as if he was riding a motor bike, or, with the shift key, inches his way around like a 101 year old woman using a walker. And no middle ground. Oh well.

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2018, 09:17 PM »
For a sneak preview per say, that was pretty darn good. Like I mentioned elsewhere it is a shame there aren't more weathered pieces because it would make this look even more awesome. I agree with Shy, first half really good, second is meh, but as mentioned that is just the limitations you were given and you did a pretty good job getting around them in most cases.

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2018, 10:48 PM »
Sorry for not commenting in awhile, didn't realize the Tower of Terror thread was also a part of THIS park thread.   That's extremely ambitious to do a ride that thoroughly for an entire park; I am impressed.  The TOT definitely keeps up with the high level of quality you've already established here.  Please keep at it!!

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2018, 01:58 AM »
The exterior of the hotel, the grounds, queue, and interiors are simply phenomenal. It looks just like the real thing. That first hallway on the ride itself is also awesome. The second half of the ride and conclusion are not as impressive, though a lot of that is Frontier's fault for not supplying a proper final drop. I think you've done wonders with what you had to work with, and as you stated, you still have some more tweaks to add. I look forward to seeing the final version.

As for the dodgy controls, I really wish Frontier would give us a proper peep cam with better controls for making povs and park tours. I've been struggling with the tegicam cheat with the Mr. Wonder show. Using it, he either races through the park as if he was riding a motor bike, or, with the shift key, inches his way around like a 101 year old woman using a walker. And no middle ground. Oh well.

Thank you!

Yeah the second half of the ride was always going to be less exciting given that you have around 5 seconds to put a scene together but it will suffice for just now. The alternative was to go for a longer sequence which in all honesty didn't add much more in terms of time for presenting scenes but somehow managed to double the workload  :bored: Infuriating but it is what it is!

I also wanted to avoid large scenes in the lower section of the ride purely from an exterior aesthetic point of view. I might have a go at creating a larger scene and filming it for a screen instead but that can be the next upgrade.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2018, 06:14 AM »
awesome ride and great building skills. Agreed with above...you are somewhat limited to the in game sequence of events on this ride, but you made it work really well. Your in game version is really good.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2018, 06:36 AM »
I loved it.  I really like your new spin on the scenes.  You used the game's whacky drop sequences very well!