Weekly Address #36

• 11 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Weekly Address #36
« on: April 13, 2018, 08:04 PM »
Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone had a good Friday the 13th. This is the first post of many to be located here. Originally, I started these posts in the RCT3 Board. Once SGW changed it turned into the RCT Games Board, where the Weekly Address posts still occurred. Now that I am the Moderator of the Community Center, one of the points brought up was bringing these posts to the Community Chat and open it up to the entire SGW community. A good parallel is what the Disneyland Resort just did with their parades and moved them to new locations (PTN to DCA, and Play Parade to DL).

These posts will have more content than the ones I did for the RCT Games Board. The posts will begin getting larger, once I settle into this role and get more ideas. For the RCT Games members, I am still deciding on what to do in place of these posts. RCT3 is my area of concentration, so I definitely will find something to get that region of SGW thinking. Lately, I have been giving weekly questions for members to answer and begin very good discussions, so these will stay. I am considering bringing back Screenshots Of The Week, but with all of the games represented. My goal is to learn more about everyone on SGW to further support the community aspect that SGW has and other forums seem to lack. The posting schedule for Weekly Address posts is every Friday. There is no set time due to life and the posts will vary in length depending on posting conditions (wifi, device being used, etc.). I hope everyone has a great weekend and happy posting!

Weekly Question(s):
Who are you? What game(s) do you play? What are your current/past/future works? What brought you to SGW?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Address #36
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:56 PM »
Weekly Question(s):
Who are you? What game(s) do you play? What are your current/past/future works? What brought you to SGW?
Who are you? I'm shyguy.
What brought you to SGW? I created it.:P  Well, actually, what I originally created was a website to show off my parks and host my CS sets for RCT3. So that's why it's called shyguy's World. It was originally only about my RCT3 stuff. One day, I decided to add forums to the site. And it just grew and grew from there. One day I suggested that we change the name because the site was no longer only about me. I wanted to take my name out of the title and rename it something with RCT3 in the title. But the community wanted to keep the name, although we shortened it to SGW. Today it goes by both names. If you're on the default theme, it still says SGW. If you're on the Mobile theme, it says shyguy's World. In hindsight, it's lucky the name was not changed, as the site is now so much more than just RCT3. And in a way, it is MY world, as it is all about the things that interest me...computer games, theme park sims, and theme parks in general. And of course, all the people that share my interests. Over the years, the content can continue to change, as my interests, as well as the community's, change.
What game(s) do you play? What are your current/past/future works?I mostly play Planet Coaster and occasionally, Parkitect. I played RCT3 for over 10 years, but I have retired from that game. Besides theme park sims, I'm an avid RPG player and retro games of all types. Of course, Wonder World is my main project. I've actually been building and re-building it for over 30 years now. You'd think I'd get tired of it by now. ;)  I have lots of ideas for future projects, as Mr. Wonder has expressed big plans for the Wonder World Resort. I have ideas for 4 more parks, but whether or not I'll actually get around to building any of these, well...time will tell.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:50 AM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline StickyGum32

• Atonal Noise Maker
    • View Profile
    • Clay Barnard | Compositions
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 08:07 AM »
Weekly Question(s):

Who Are you? StickyGum32 (or Clay if you'd rather)
What games do you play? I play Planet Coaster, RCT3 (on ocassion), Just Cause 3, Fallout 4, Cities Skylines, and maybe some Payday 2 every so often.
What are your works? Well I was probably best known for my involvement with Ernie (now wolfpaw) and our Epcot Recreation in RCT3. I made the pavilions from scratch in SketchUp and he made them look really pretty in-game. I also did some CS and CT's that are in the CS Depot, and I did some pyro work over on vPyro (rip), and all of that junk you can still find on YouTube. Now, I'm moving towards some Planet Coaster projects, and I'm very excited about the "noob board" because honestly it's exactly what I needed right now. I've been watching a lot of tutorials (and Planet Brocoaster) trying to pick up tricks, but implementing them has proven harder than I anticipated. So I'm hoping for some help in the new board!
What brought you to SGW? I ask myself every day.... Jk  :D
I came in around 8ish years ago looking for CS for RCT3 and found amazing projects, lurked for a while, and then joined about a year later. Been here on and off ever since. Turns out as you grow up, life takes over a lot, so it's been a hot second since I've been here, but I'd love to get re-established. I miss y'all.  :)

- StickyGum32
Take a look at my portfolio! http://www.composerclay.com

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 10:57 AM »
Who are you? I'm shyguy.
What brought you to SGW? I created it.:P  Well, actually, what I originally created was a website to show off my parks and host my CS sets for RCT3. So that's why it's called shyguy's World. It was originally only about my RCT3 stuff. One day, I decided to add forums to the site. And it just grew and grew from there. One day I suggested that we change the name because the site was no longer only about me. I wanted to take my name out of the title and rename it something with RCT3 in the title. But the community wanted to keep the name, although we shortened it to SGW. Today it goes by both names. If you're on the default theme, it still says SGW. If you're on the Mobile theme, it says shyguy's World. In hindsight, it's lucky the name was not changed, as the site is now so much more than just RCT3. And in a way, it is MY world, as it is all about the things that interest me...computer games, theme park sims, and theme parks in general. And of course, all the people that share my interests. Over the years, the content can continue to change, as my interests, as well as the community's, change.
What game(s) do you play? What are your current/past/future works?I mostly play Planet Coaster and occasionally, Parkitect. I played RCT3 for over 10 years, but I have retired from that game. Besides theme park sims, I'm an avid RPG player and retro games of all types. Of course, Wonder World is my main project. I've actually been building and re-building it for over 30 years now. You'd think I'd get tired of it by now. ;)  I have lots of ideas for future projects, as Mr. Wonder has expressed big plans for the Wonder World Resort. I have ideas for 4 more parks, but whether or not I'll actually get around to building any of these, well...time will tell.
I thought your name popped up somewhere I just didn't know where  :P. I am glad to know that SGW is a representation of what your interests are. Creating a massive community with those interests in mind is very impressive and it is an honor to be a part of it. You have made numerous contributions to the theme park gaming community that are have been put to very good use until this day. Thank you for sharing your background because it is very incredible.

Who Are you? StickyGum32 (or Clay if you'd rather)
What games do you play? I play Planet Coaster, RCT3 (on ocassion), Just Cause 3, Fallout 4, Cities Skylines, and maybe some Payday 2 every so often.
What are your works? Well I was probably best known for my involvement with Ernie (now wolfpaw) and our Epcot Recreation in RCT3. I made the pavilions from scratch in SketchUp and he made them look really pretty in-game. I also did some CS and CT's that are in the CS Depot, and I did some pyro work over on vPyro (rip), and all of that junk you can still find on YouTube. Now, I'm moving towards some Planet Coaster projects, and I'm very excited about the "noob board" because honestly it's exactly what I needed right now. I've been watching a lot of tutorials (and Planet Brocoaster) trying to pick up tricks, but implementing them has proven harder than I anticipated. So I'm hoping for some help in the new board!
What brought you to SGW? I ask myself every day.... Jk  :D
I came in around 8ish years ago looking for CS for RCT3 and found amazing projects, lurked for a while, and then joined about a year later. Been here on and off ever since. Turns out as you grow up, life takes over a lot, so it's been a hot second since I've been here, but I'd love to get re-established. I miss y'all.  :)

- StickyGum32

I am very familiar with your works. I will say I really missed hearing about what you were currently working on. I made my debut on SGW the same way you did, but have become aware that this community is a very large and inspiring one. You know I was on both Vpyro and TCL, but SGW was still my go to for anything I needed. Life does get in the way at times, which is very understandable. I am a college student finishing up my AA then transferring into a Mechanical Engineering Program in the Fall, so I fully understand the struggles. I am very glad to see that you have returned and good luck with everything!

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 02:00 PM »
Who are you? Wabigbear aka Wagi aka (word filter kicked in...)
My friends call me Bob, my enemies and collection agencies call me Morty Snerd III.

What games do you play?  Presently just Planet Coaster.  I have other games installed and on Steam, but I seldom even open them.  I'm a late bloomer to PC, I stuck with RCT3 for a long time, got burned by The Game That Shall Not Be Named (I think shyguy banned it's mention) and wasted a considerable number of months talking to brick walls beta-testing RCTw for 'Atari'. 

I also play solitaire that's on the iPad in the john...I'd rate that higher than the last two I mentioned.

We have all the consoles and such at home, except for the Switch, but those are for The Better Half to play, I'm lucky if I can figure out how to turn them on...

What are your works?  You referring to my rap sheet?  Oh, my 'works' in the community?  Well, I started back with RCT, then moved on to RCT2, then RCT3, leaving messes at each stop.  I've likely quarreled with most long-timers...if I haven't it's not from lack of trying, I just haven't gotten around to you yet.  I'm likely one of the oldest living Community members, other than perhaps Citytrader who has me beat by a good decade or two, although I'm not so sure the 'living' part applies to him anymore - "well pickled' perhaps?  Anyways, I've hung around various community sites over the years and infested them with my work..or maybe I shared?  It's hard to tell sometimes.  I'm probably known for huge sprawling humongous parks like the Disney's Imaginaria parks I did in RCT2, or the Neverland Dream Resort I did in RCT3.  In fact I've started a new version of Neverland Dream Park in Planet Coaster.  I've also made custom scenery in both RCT2 and RCT3, and been lucky to work with both Citytrader and Fisherman on some of their projects. 

You can find piles of my crap stuck away in the corners of the CS Depot if you're in the mood for a laugh or two.

What brought you to SGW?  Terms of my probation I think... 

I used to mostly hang out and bother people at the old RCT3 forums at the old 'Atari' until 'Atari' did their usual magic and managed to run everyone off.   SGW was welcoming to us all, even having that restraining order against me dropped, and I've been happily at home here since, despite numerous requests to either evict me or remove my posting privileges.

Offline Fonki

• Fonki Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 04:32 PM »
Who are you? Fonki (Fonske or just Kris)

What games do you play? most of the time i play rct3 (actually only game on my pc now) or some cart games if i'm not in the mood for rct

What are your works? my current work is the Dukes of hazzard project, sadly to say  that due a pc crash in the past (and that i never uploaded it) lot's of my older projects can't be shown and are just some memories

What brought you to SGW? chance i think,
starting to make my own cs/ctr i was stuck and needed some answers, saw this site was still active took the chance and found some nice and helpful people

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 07:38 PM »
Who are you? Wabigbear aka Wagi aka (word filter kicked in...)
My friends call me Bob, my enemies and collection agencies call me Morty Snerd III.

What games do you play?  Presently just Planet Coaster.  I have other games installed and on Steam, but I seldom even open them.  I'm a late bloomer to PC, I stuck with RCT3 for a long time, got burned by The Game That Shall Not Be Named (I think shyguy banned it's mention) and wasted a considerable number of months talking to brick walls beta-testing RCTw for 'Atari'. 

I also play solitaire that's on the iPad in the john...I'd rate that higher than the last two I mentioned.

We have all the consoles and such at home, except for the Switch, but those are for The Better Half to play, I'm lucky if I can figure out how to turn them on...

What are your works?  You referring to my rap sheet?  Oh, my 'works' in the community?  Well, I started back with RCT, then moved on to RCT2, then RCT3, leaving messes at each stop.  I've likely quarreled with most long-timers...if I haven't it's not from lack of trying, I just haven't gotten around to you yet.  I'm likely one of the oldest living Community members, other than perhaps Citytrader who has me beat by a good decade or two, although I'm not so sure the 'living' part applies to him anymore - "well pickled' perhaps?  Anyways, I've hung around various community sites over the years and infested them with my work..or maybe I shared?  It's hard to tell sometimes.  I'm probably known for huge sprawling humongous parks like the Disney's Imaginaria parks I did in RCT2, or the Neverland Dream Resort I did in RCT3.  In fact I've started a new version of Neverland Dream Park in Planet Coaster.  I've also made custom scenery in both RCT2 and RCT3, and been lucky to work with both Citytrader and Fisherman on some of their projects. 

You can find piles of my crap stuck away in the corners of the CS Depot if you're in the mood for a laugh or two.

What brought you to SGW?  Terms of my probation I think... 

I used to mostly hang out and bother people at the old RCT3 forums at the old 'Atari' until 'Atari' did their usual magic and managed to run everyone off.   SGW was welcoming to us all, even having that restraining order against me dropped, and I've been happily at home here since, despite numerous requests to either evict me or remove my posting privileges.
You certainly have a history within the RCT3 community, and I am glad to see you are still around. I am familiar with your Disney Imaginaria and that was incredible.

Who are you? Fonki (Fonske or just Kris)

What games do you play? most of the time i play rct3 (actually only game on my pc now) or some cart games if i'm not in the mood for rct

What are your works? my current work is the Dukes of hazzard project, sadly to say  that due a pc crash in the past (and that i never uploaded it) lot's of my older projects can't be shown and are just some memories

What brought you to SGW? chance i think,
starting to make my own cs/ctr i was stuck and needed some answers, saw this site was still active took the chance and found some nice and helpful people
I am familiar with your current work because I always check it out to see how it's going. You definitely have a fun idea that could be useful in Movie-based theme parks to help bring a fun experience to guests. I hope your system starts behaving soon because I really enjoy your updates.

Offline Fonki

• Fonki Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 08:59 AM »

I am familiar with your current work because I always check it out to see how it's going. You definitely have a fun idea that could be useful in Movie-based theme parks to help bring a fun experience to guests. I hope your system starts behaving soon because I really enjoy your updates.

its my previous pc that crashed this one works fine :D, but now i need to make my models from scratch (others where made a while ago and needed to be finished) and due to very busy days i haven't much time that's why it takes longer for some updates, but i'm still work on it, so updates will come soon ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:28 AM by Fonki »

Offline The Grey

• Professional Roller Coasterer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 09:20 AM »
Who are you? Greyson [also known by Crzynss]

What game(s) do you play? I've played all the original RCT games; RCT 1,2 & 3, NL2, Racing Sims on most gaming platforms [sold forza 7 because they went the way of EA Sports and made 1/5th of a game for full price, but I digress....] I also still play the Original StarCraft and Brood War.

What are your current/past/future works? Currently am working on Calypso, trying to keep it simple, yet detailed as to avoid crashing my computer. Most of my current projects are sitting because I lack the funds to get my desktop fixed at the moment. As far as my Past works, I am probably more known for my path art work and B&M recreations, most notably Talon, Kumba, and Sheikra. Also known for not having a good 'nuff computer to finish half of my projects. I would like to think I had some innovative ideas with layouts such as Flashback, Flight of the Talons, Sidewinder and Fire Storm, my personal favorites. Even though I love most all coaster types I am known to generally stick to B&M [track 5] and more times than not I stick to generic themes and trying to create realistic track layouts within RCT3's limitations. My Future projects depend on my laptop, but I am going to be starting to try NL2 again after a quick dabble and got way in over my head with the usual biting off more than I could chew mentality left me overwhelmed and quickly tucked my tail between my legs and scampered back to RCT3... to continue that mentality in project ambition over and over and over... and again I digress...

What brought you to SGW? I wasn't even good enough to be a noob when I found out about SGW halfway through 2012. I had been playing RCT 1 2 and 3 up until that point with little to no knowledge of CSO's or anything i could add to the game. And not sure the exact reason I was googling other people's projects but I saw this one ride; Blue and Green, white supports, a Floorless coaster CTR, The teraforming, the foliage, the layout! I could not comment because I wasn't a member, so I made a profile to make a comment on how inspiring it was to me to take my projects to that next level of realism, aaaaaaand promptly got blasted for bumping an old thread by quite a few people, didn't even know that was a thing.... but anywho.... I am happy to still be here nearly 6 years later. Just going through the archives just brings back the memories of this sites heyday and the amount of posts and projects and comments, wish RCT3 could get that way again, but even myself may be moving on, finally, to NL2. At least I do not have to move sites, just a board away lol!
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Offline ImagineerTom

• It all started with a mouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 04:59 PM »
Who are you? I'm Tom and I always wanted to be an Imagineer so my name was ImagineerTom formerly iRCT3 on Atari. Everyone actually calls me Tommy, even my name tag at work says Tommy. I've always gone by Tom online though.

What games do you play? I downloaded Planet Coaster, and it's a lot of fun. Nothing worth posting yet, though. I don't have a ton of time for games anymore and I really miss RCT3 and posting parks, but I still love these forums.

What are your works? I made a few different recreations of Magic Kingdom in RCT3. One was actually quite good. I've made like 5-10 Disney CTRs, the monorails and people mover are my favorites. I've made a lot of random CS sets for RCT3 mostly Disney related. I think there are some other things that I can't remember.

What brought you to SGW? I remember the AtariCommunity forums closing down and then we got Atari.com/forums or something that was just awful. The moderators were weird, out of touch, and sometimes bigots.

I used to idolize Jonnyears and Frogpole because they were really funny on the community chat part of the forums. They all mostly moved over here so I followed.

I think I was the RCT3 General Board Mod for 3(?) years? I was a Global Mod up until June of 2017 when I got a job and couldn't post as much.

I love to see all of the familiar faces still here.

Offline Captain EO

• We are here to change the World
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 12:10 PM »
Who are you? I am Captain EO. I'm a former Walt Disney World cast member and have a passion for Disney parks, Imagineering, and designing my own themed attractions. My biggest inspirations are Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Disney's Animal Kingdom.
What game(s) do you play? I only play RCT3 currently but would like to branch out into Planet Coaster whenever I get a new computer. It's not technically a game but I also use SketchUp quite a lot.
What are your current/past/future works? In the past, I've attempted recreations for both Magic Kingdom, and Epcot (both resulted in custom scenery made for each park) I once had a timeline park called Sea World Richmond, VA that I had a great time playing with. My future projects will be a brand new Disney Resort located just North of Houston, TX. This is mainly in blue sky at the moment as I'm working on the layout and some sketches currently for the first park, Disney's Enchanted Kingdom which will be a Magic Kingdom inspired park. The second and my favorite will be TexCot which of course will be heavily inspired by Epcot and the abandoned Westcot project. What brought you to SGW?
I remember a mass migration from Atari several years ago, don't remember why. But yeah I came here during that time.

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 01:39 AM »
Who are you?

PandaCoasters or Panda for short.

What game(s) do you play?

None at this time - used to play RCT3 exclusively.

What are your current/past/future works?

Pretty well-known for my old holiday projects, specifically Halloween. Bringing my love of haunted attractions to the virtual space and made some pretty creepy walkthroughs and hayride sets.

What brought you to SGW?

Knew about it for a short while at the time, wasn't fond of the Lounge and decided to start anew.
Folks, I'm going down to St. James Infirmary...