Does many people play RCT3? Since many players changed to Planet Coaster

• 15 replies

Offline IDK_Username

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Today, I think many people don't play RCT3 anymore, and just went to Planet Coaster.
Many projects stoped (or canceled).

Sad, right?
So, they are many people who still play RCT3?

Online cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
I know a few people that play. Many of us are still working on projects and are trying to reach quality work. I would rather spend hours working on a project and not post every time I changed a tree, with sharing quality work once major changes were made. I know it is sad to see a lot of things get cancelled or put on the back burner, but sometimes ideas need to develop.

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
The world is changing, and so is our interests in theme park simulation games. I still play RCT3 as I am striving to develop my skills in building fantastic realistic theme parks. Although I do play Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo, I find PlanCo to be very difficult. PlanCo additionally does not run well on my computer.

Offline Gravquian

• Herbie Popnecker / The Fat Fury
    • View Profile
Hey'ya,

Gotta agree with most of what Cody mentioned.

I've not actually played Rct3/Rct3(P), in a long time.  Except for sandbox mode.
Mostly been attempting to create cs/cso materials.  Not top-notch stuff like many
current (or past) authors.  But I am trying to supply some support.  I actually enjoy
attempting to create custom scenery.  Although, much of it is some very basic stuff.

Can not fault those who have moved on to other games (or versions).  Yet, I would
like to see the Rct3 boards become more active again.
Cafe.Naver  File  Downloading  Tutorial  ... http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,12722.0.html
 Shameful plugs: Gravquian's Generics & Gravquian's Rug Thread

" A novel set, requires more than novice experience! "

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
I would love to see the RCT3 forum back at it again, I especially love seeing the Shyguy's Best RCT3 photos!

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Building and rebuilding visions
    • View Profile
I still try to play whenever I get the opportunity. With this covid19 situation putting most of the world on lock down, this is making it more possible. Most of the stuff I plan to showcase in the future are small projects due to how less time consuming they are. I have planet coaster and whenever I play it for 15 minutes, it always crashes on me which is very frustrating to me. That being said though, I'm always happy to see new content being released for the game which is always puts a smile on my face because it just shows how passionate these wonderful content creators are about keeping the game alive and giving back to the community to show it's not dead. I'd love to see the rct3 forums bounce back to being active again though.  :)

Make the magic happen

Offline francescoaster

• Custom Content for Everyone!
    • View Profile
I'm an rct3 player. I atmost never share my parks, but I like spending time building them. I actually like what can be done in Planet Coaster, but I'll actually wait until there will be a way to make custom coaster cars (or Rct3's CTR equivalent), or to import CS freely without having to go trough the TMTK, before attemting the switch. The amount of custom content is what kept the game alive for such long time, and I hope it will keep it alive as long as possible.

Offline Loundlim

• aka Julez Bernd
    • View Profile
I don't play RCT3 anymore. I don't play Planet Coaster either though. My Computer is just too bad for PlanCo but to be honest it lacks in too many places to be the game I want to play. I actually switched to NL2 for my coaster making software of choice. While RCT3 is still my favourite game (I don't consider NL2 to be a game) it also has too many limits and doesn't give me the tools I need to build what I want. I still have huge respect for all the people who still play RCT3. For some things it is still better than PlanCo despite its age (imo) and I'm happy it still does rather well.

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
My computer doesn't run fast enough to support Planet Coaster. Planet Zoo runs perfectly fine, which I do play at times, but Im not really into building zoos as I am with theme parks. Rct3 still runs very well with the help of LAA and Park Cleanup. As long as its running well, I will continue to play and build great parks!

Offline curinir

• True nobility is being superior 2 your former self
    • View Profile
I plan on playing RCT3 for many years to come, seriously. It will always look amazing to me.    :)

Online cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
I have Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo on my new laptop and RCT3 on the other. When I have free time from these now online classes, I swap laptops and play RCT3 because of the numerous projects I have going. Planet Coaster is different, but I play it sometimes just to get my theme park gaming fix, but it will not replace RCT3 for me. A lot of the members that commented above have great points that I agree with because RCT3 has so much that has been done to it, I personally could not just toss it away.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
I still play RCT3 and am currently working on my Universal Studios Florida Recreation. Like others have said there is still something special about RCT3 due to all the custom scenery and different things that have been added to it over the years. I also do play Planet Coaster but I am still perfecting my skills before I start sharing anything. I have started one park in Planet Coaster that I have been using as a test ground for ideas so we shall see.

Offline hhnman234

• View Profile
I still play RCT3 and am currently working on my Universal Studios Florida Recreation. Like others have said there is still something special about RCT3 due to all the custom scenery and different things that have been added to it over the years. I also do play Planet Coaster but I am still perfecting my skills before I start sharing anything. I have started one park in Planet Coaster that I have been using as a test ground for ideas so we shall see.

I am excited to see more updates of your Universal Studios recreation!

Offline loopycoasterfan

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
I used to. Might have to pick it up again soon. I wanna check out parkitect though. It's been on my "to do list" for a while.

I still play RCT3 and I am currently working on a big project. I do want to get PlanCo at some point though.

Still playing RCT3. The game is still great. But that's also because of my bad hardware. I plan to change something about it and finally be able to play Planet Coaster. Only the future can say whether the predecessor will be then forgotten, but I hope not.