• 12 replies

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
The Weekly Ambassador - Volume LXXXII
« on: October 07, 2013, 03:25 PM »
VOLUME LXXXII

Happy Monday, SGW.

Apologies for not publishing last week. It was a busy week for me. It completely solidified a decision I had been pondering for some time now. Please note:

I’d like to announce that this week is going to be the last volume I am editor. Due to some real life things (health issues, new baby coming soon, hectic school year, trying to close on our new house), RCT and the WA has taken a definitive back seat to more important things. Not only will I be stepping down as editor, I will be leaving the WA staff completely. I want to say thank you to EVERYONE at SGW. I have been a part of the Weekly Ambassador since (essentially) its inception. I’ve been editor since Volume 11. To say this has been a large part of my RCT life is an understatement. So, thank you, SGW, for making the WA possible. Thank you to all the creators who make this what it is; it’s obvious without the outstanding talent posting here, we would never have survived. Thank you to all the writers who make the WA possible each and every week. And thanks to all of you who read and comment on each and every volume! You make what we do worth doing! So, as I say farewell, I anxiously look forward to simply enjoying the Weekly Ambassador from the other side...as a reader.  Thanks a lot, everyone.

mb1.0.2 - co-editor of the WA

Holy Hell, it’s Hades World! by hadesstudio

I know that title is a bit crass, but I just can’t help myself sometimes. Anyway, Hades World is a uniquely beautiful project. It’s a very ‘futuristic’ park with some fantastically imaginative ideas and execution.

The biggest thing to see (literally and figuratively) right now at Hades World is the dueling coaster. It reminds me of Moby’s Apocalypse, a dueling 4d coaster. For me, that comes as about as high a praise as I can offer, as Moby’s ride is one of the few videos by other creators that has a permanent home on my PC. Hadesstudio’s ride is not a 4d coaster, but that doesn’t make it any less stunning or spectacular. Each picture is oozing with atmosphere. I really hope a POV of this ride becomes available soon.

Hades World is a rather young park, despite its posting date (Summer of ‘13). There’s only 2 pages worth of updates, but it definitely deserves more. It almost feels as if the park went unnoticed by far too many. It’s nice to see the project back and hopefully it sticks around for a while!

Written contribution by mb1.0.2

Most Magical Place in Holland! By westerhoven20[/center]

Paris, Tokyo, Orlando, California. There are the 4 formal Disneyparks! The magic begins in the heart of Europe, in Holland. Thanks to westerhoven20, the beautiful (but small) country, holland, has an own Disneyland. It is a sort of copy of the other ones, yet it has better small accessoires!
We have seen allot of pictures with beautiful Disney atmospheres. Also be sure to check out the teaser soon or later!

Also, don’t forget to take a picture nearby the magical huge castle!!!

Will come soon!

Written contribution by RobinCoasterTycoon3

Quite a Fright from PandaCuddles by PandaCoasters

Yep, it’s that time of the year again. Summer is dipping into Fall and that means the holiday season is about to hit the ground running with Halloween. In the mood of the spooky celebration, Panda has created ‘Halloween Hell 2013’, an event with haunts for only the bravest souls.

The event features Terror Trails, a haunted hayride, and Parasite, a walk through horror. It’s as if everything that you see from your worst nightmares are included in these spine-chilling attractions. The attractions have it all from chainsaw serial killers to mysterious murder scenes, zombies, and carnivorous clowns. There won’t be a second your hairs won’t stand on end in the two bloodcurdling adventures.

Apart from the two main attractions, the festival is centered around a charming but ominous venue. It is complete with several creepy concessions and seating areas to get a chance to catch your breath or grab a bite. Eerie twinkling lights, flags, and other details illuminate the area for the supernatural event. If you are looking for something to scream about, take a peek at Halloween Hell 2013’s thread in the parks board!

Written contribution by Max

Rushing the Skies with TheCodeMaster!

Yes, you can rush the skies in Hershey Park, but thanks to TheCodeMaster, we can ride the Skyrush whenever we want! The thing that makes this project so original, is that TCM made the CTR all by himself!

We have never ever seen such a great recreation before of that ride other than this ride. We can’t really see allot yet, but what we see is amazing. A lot of respect TCM for making the CTR, and making the ride.

We all hope that we’ll see the full beast in action. From what we see, we can all be sure that what we see, will be great! See you soon TCM! Salute!

Written contribution by RobinCoasterTycoon3

The Twilight Zone: Hospital Thirteen by CD5

The RCT3 machinima-master himself has returned with a Halloween movie based off the classic TV show that we know was The Twilight Zone. Now, this isn’t an elevator ride that you may have experience before in Disney parks, this is a creepy tale about the planned construction of an amusement park that will stand on the site of Hospital Thirteen. With a great backstory and a developing story, there is no doubt that this movie will be one Halloween project that we all will enjoy this season.

Written contribution by PandaCoasters

Delirium by Wilhelm1407

Wilhelm1407 has made several nice coasters before and he is making another one now, a 4th Dimension coaster called Delirium. So far, he's done a great job on it. He has built a good layout with some unique yet realistic supports. He has also added all the details as well for a more realistic coaster, such as catwalks and station gates, and recently he has also showed us the scenery around the ride, which is simplistic but nice.  The ride's colour scheme contrasts with the theming, but that's not a bad thing. It makes the ride look very nice.
Looking forward to seeing a POV of this!

Written contribution by Chromin

CT supports by jhnshm

Even though a new pep pack is already in the making, the first pack is still improving with content made by members of the pep team, but also people who aren’t in there. Jhnshm is now making connectors, so we can enjoy the CT’s even more.  yay!

Written contribution by Brisingr Productions

The Weekly Ambassador Post Script:

***We are always in need of capable, dedicated writers.  Please PM mb1.0.2 or Hethetheth your email address if you are interested.  The co-editors reserve the right to add or remove writers for each volume as necessary.

*** From time to time, we like to show off little teasers / previews / Easter eggs that usually have nothing to do with the articles at hand.  If you have a well composed picture, video tease or anything else you haven't publicly released (old projects that never made it to light for example), we'd love to share it in future editions of the WA.

*** Think you have the next great idea for the Weekly Ambassador?  PM mb1.0.2 or Hethetheth at SGW or post in the current WA thread and let them hear it!  Your idea just might make it into the next edition.

Offline TheCodeMaster

• Freelance 3D Designer and Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: The Weekly Ambassador - Volume LXXXII
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 04:05 PM »
I saw my name and I was like   :o

Thank you so much!
huh

Offline Max

• My cologne is Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:55 PM »
I see a minor typo in the title of my article where it say PandaCoasters twice.  :-[
 Anyways, sad to see Masked go, but he is focusing on more important things in life now. Just wanted to thank you both, Masked and Heth, for running this online paper for so long. You have been very committed writers/editors for these issues and it's going to be a bit weird thinking about the WA without you guys. Good luck to both of you and whoever steps up as future editors for the WA! :up:

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 06:03 PM »
Another great issue of the WA.

I'll be sorry to see you leave the staff, as I know how much work you put into it, all the while, keeping it a quality production. And keeping it coming week after week, with only an occasional late issue, is a great achievement. Not to leave out Hethetheth's efforts as well, the two of you are to be congratulated for being a part of one of the longest running publications devoted to RCT3. Good luck taking care of all those pesky things that will be taking you away from your editor position. Congrats on the new baby. And I hope your health problems aren't serious and you'll have a speedy recovery.

Will this leave Hethetheth sole editor, or will there be a new member taking the reigns of co-editor? I hope the WA is not in any danger of closing down.

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 06:43 PM »
I see a minor typo in the title of my article where it say PandaCoasters twice.  :-[
I edited the title to conform to the 'established projects' formatting. Thank you again for the article!

Will this leave Hethetheth sole editor, or will there be a new member taking the reigns of co-editor? I hope the WA is not in any danger of closing down.
From what I understand from the group message, there will be some form of decision made about who the new co-editors will be through writer voting, with the process of voting to be determined. Do not worry, it's (hopefully) not in danger of anything.
'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 07:59 PM »
From what I understand from the group message, there will be some form of decision made about who the new co-editors will be through writer voting, with the process of voting to be determined. Do not worry, it's (hopefully) not in danger of anything.
Well, I hope not. I was not aware that Hethetheth was leaving too.  :(

Offline Slalamander

• I used to be someone else
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 11:28 PM »
In an email Heth said that he will also be stepping down as editor, though he might write an article sometimes.

Sad to see the editors both go. But well, life goes first! anyway, good luck to both of you, and hopefully we can make it to even more volumes :)

Offline Markus Lomberg

• Programmer of CTR_Creator; PEP-team member
    • View Profile
    • RCT-3.org
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 04:07 AM »
Thank you very much Masked Bandit! :) Bye, bye.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 04:29 AM »
Wow thank you so much for this comment motivates me to get back on feet Hades World without construction defects seen .... This project is not dead, far from the ... I'm just trying to match it to my Image rendering and especially that you'll sell the dream .....
la culture coûte cher essayer l'ignorance..

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 10:02 AM »
Well, I hope not. I was not aware that Hethetheth was leaving too.  :(

Sadly, I am also leaving the WA. It was co-incidental that we both found ourselves low on time to commit to this project at the same time. My postgraduate studies are to be rather draining of time, and whilst I am more than happy to continue my drawing and painting hobbies (and by extension, moderation of the Arts Discussion board), something had to give, and that something was RCT3 and the WA itself.

We decided to divide up 'goodbye' issues, so mine will be next week, and then MB and I will leave the WA to whoever from the existing staff ends up choosing to take out. I cannot speak for MB, but I would not be surprised if I return to the WA/RCT3 upon finishing my studies, and I plan to periodically contribute as a writer where possible.

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 10:39 AM »
It is really sad you´re both leaving te WA.

I just want to say thank you all, for designing up this creative idea of showing weekly´s projects about work that has been on a site. This isn´t done allot, and yet is still is different. A spotlight is shown by only 1 picture, and 1 work. However, these articles is a small rehearsal of all projects that everyone has made how good or bad it is.

I am thankfully I could join the WA (However everyone could) and I was glad I could write this. It is just great to see international people (Chromin and I Dutch, rest of this article American I thought) writing and being creative about what they could do.

Thanks shyguy, mb1.0.2, Hethetheth, for making this up to the world.

I had fun reading these!

Aerosmith, Guns 'n Roses, Bon Jovi - The Real Music

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 04:17 PM »
Actually, n7 is the one who started the whole WA thing in the first place.

Offline MyGirlPepper

• Not your average 'Player'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 06:44 PM »
I am sad to see both of you have to step away from this , but happy that we have had this time !
You both have done a wonderful job with this production . We are lucky to have had you.  :'(
A lot of wonderful talent has passed through these pages .