The ''What did you just do in REAL LIFE?'' Thread

• 953 replies

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
Re: The ''What did you just do in REAL LIFE?'' Thread
« Reply #930 on: June 26, 2018, 07:09 AM »
Finally made it to Cedar Point. 3 coasters left to go today.

Offline Weber

• It's not over till it's over.
    • View Profile
    • velvetskyemusic.com
« Reply #931 on: June 29, 2018, 01:05 AM »
Learning that ''one of us'' has passed, toughts are to OsuDenny, his family and to all he's given to the themed park online community.

Sad news, had no idea.  He will surely be missed.

And I just woke up and am getting ready for work soon, but its Friday!

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 04, 2018, 03:43 PM »
I managed to ride every single coaster in Cedar Point in one day. Even the mine train. Okay, not including either of the kiddie coasters. Hopefully you don't count fast passes as cheating, because otherwise it would've been mostly impossible without a whole lot more careful planning than I'm up for. (Steel Vengeance, Maverick, and Valravn were the worst lines. Top Thrill Dragster was a 5-10 minute wait with it, even shorter than the day it broke down and reopened just when we got there. Gemini had almost no wait ever and was way too much fun, I must've ridden that at least five or six times.)

... okay, that's almost a week ago now. Glad to be back, though.

Offline Captain_Rageman

• The filthiest of the filthy casual
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 06, 2018, 11:27 AM »
I'm trying to get into streaming, but on the worst internet connection in my area and with a laptop rather than my gaming PC. I've been back at home from Uni for 2 weeks, and I want to go back already just for the internet (but there's more interesting people and things to do for the Uni factor) ...

In the meantime of prehistoric internet with appalling lack of support from my family's provider, I'm watching football (sorry, Soccer ...).

STEAM ACCOUNT 
YOUTUBE                 TWITCH

Offline Weber

• It's not over till it's over.
    • View Profile
    • velvetskyemusic.com
« Reply #934 on: July 07, 2018, 03:34 AM »
I managed to ride every single coaster in Cedar Point in one day. Even the mine train. Okay, not including either of the kiddie coasters. Hopefully you don't count fast passes as cheating, because otherwise it would've been mostly impossible without a whole lot more careful planning than I'm up for. (Steel Vengeance, Maverick, and Valravn were the worst lines. Top Thrill Dragster was a 5-10 minute wait with it, even shorter than the day it broke down and reopened just when we got there. Gemini had almost no wait ever and was way too much fun, I must've ridden that at least five or six times.)

... okay, that's almost a week ago now. Glad to be back, though.

Sounds like so much fun, I haven't been there in ages, like pre-Millenium Force era.  I only remember riding Meanstreak(no longer there), Iron Dragon, Gemini, and Magnum Xl-200.  I want to go back someday, but its just not doable at this time in my life.

Offline Kablary

• Kuh - Blah - Ree
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 16, 2018, 11:40 PM »
Just spent WAY too much money with Amazon's Prime Day deals plastered all over the place....but yay movies!

Offline GreenCollarDrums

• Let's go A's!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 18, 2018, 09:52 PM »
^I work at Amazon. And they won't let us catch our breath... :down:

Offline Kablary

• Kuh - Blah - Ree
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 22, 2018, 10:59 PM »
^I've worked retail for 7 years now, the last 2 of which have been in a custom design business. I know what it's like to be buried in work, unable to catch up and trying to fufill orders. Sorry to have made the job harder.......but yay movies! ;)

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 23, 2018, 03:40 AM »
I got engaged last weekend to my lovely partner, the future Mrs. Hethetheth ;)

Offline iEddiez

• Curly Hair, Glasses and a Sense of Humour
    • View Profile
    • Loud Adventures Blog
« Reply #939 on: September 23, 2018, 06:27 AM »
I got engaged last weekend to my lovely partner, the future Mrs. Hethetheth ;)

Congrats big man ;)

Well, I got married at the beginning of August and Mr Heth was in attendance.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 06, 2018, 12:10 PM »
Voted for the first time today!

« Reply #942 on: November 06, 2018, 01:44 PM »
Voted for the first time today!
Good - glad you are doing this

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 06, 2018, 02:26 PM »
Here in Oregon, we vote entirely my mail (or drop-off box). Rather than returning the ballot through the mail, I usually slip it into in one of the designated drop boxes (which I did last Friday). The nearest one to me is about a mile away, and I enjoy walking there- provided the weather is nice. If the weather's lousy, I just mail it. But I don't like the idea of having to use a postage stamp to mail in a ballot; seems like a poll-tax to me.

Absentee (mail-in) voting seems to be growing throughout the country. I wouldn't be surprised if all states switch to mail-only voting in the near future, like we did here. The reason we switched to vote-by-mail is because more and more people were voting by absentee ballot instead of going to the polling places (easier and quicker for the elderly, busy people, etc. to just mail in their ballots). It costs the state more money to maintain both methods of voting so we (the voters) voted to make vote-by-mail official. You also don't have to worry about voting machines not working, polling places not being open when they should be, and in some areas, no paper trail in case a recount is needed.

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 30, 2019, 08:49 PM »
I just watched the International Space Station go overhead about 10 minutes ago. I've seen it numerous times before, but it's been about a year since the last time.

Offline The Grey

• Professional Roller Coasterer
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: May 18, 2019, 02:10 PM »
Just moved back to Fla from Utah. Just me and my son. Got my fast ass computer back and as soon as i am mentally ready I will try and dive back into RCT3 and PC [at least it will be a distraction.....]

Not used to the hott humid weather after getting so used to Utah.....

At least I live only 40ish minutes from Busch Gardens Tampa!!!
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Offline TheMKGames

• I <3 MACK Rides
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 08, 2019, 03:12 PM »
I finished watching The West Wing, and I'm currently re-watching it. President Bartlet is awesome.
The duck says, "MACK!"

Offline The Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 04, 2019, 12:32 PM »
Was recently released from the hospital where my heart rate would consistently drop below 30bpm within 5 to 10 seconds after a spike to 45/50 ish. Apparently my baseline heart rate is 44-48 and unusually low blood pressure... The VA doctors had little concern after an hour, however the nurses were adamant that I go get seen again... Gonna check in today at some point with another hospital just to be sure there is nothing dangerous about my situation.

Other than that I just got my Mighty Ducks Trilogy DVD set and my Chicago Blackhawks mini net and sticks for my son's first birthday! May still order a hawks jersey for him but that would ultimately be a waste since he would outgrow it rather quickly.... may wait till 2nd or 3rd birthday for that!
If it doesn't include either Roller coasters, Music or Hockey... count me out....

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 04, 2019, 04:00 PM »
I'll trade you some of my high blood pressure for some of your low blood pressure-  a win, win! :D

Offline The Grey

• View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 05, 2019, 09:35 AM »
I'll trade you some of my high blood pressure for some of your low blood pressure-  a win, win! :D

Had to go back to the ER this morn... They say I am stressed out and have more inflammation in my rib cage... pleurisy... and my heart rate did not get above 65.... so sure! lets swap! lol

Offline Gravquian

• Herbie Popnecker / The Fat Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 06, 2019, 04:46 PM »
"... Had to go back to the ER this morn... ..."
Sorry to hear of the health issues.  Hope you get things stabilized, and improved.

{ Also a veteran (Nam-era), USMC, Aug1974 - Dec1978. }
Cafe.Naver  File  Downloading  Tutorial  ... http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,12722.0.html
 Shameful plugs: Gravquian's Generics & Gravquian's Rug Thread

" A novel set, requires more than novice experience! "

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Always on the move
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 21, 2019, 07:38 PM »
Just got back from a trip from ocean city to the outer banks.

Offline Pietrix008

• Planet Coaster addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 08, 2019, 08:36 AM »
After 1 year of designing and building it, my new desk_pc is done and ready to play planet coaster :w00t:

still need to do some cable management but its working!

« Reply #953 on: October 08, 2019, 11:27 AM »
cool idea having it hang in the desk like that. I'm always looking for more desktop space.