Toborg123's Trip Reports - Thorpe Park Part 1

• 0 replies

Offline Toborg123

• Celebrating The RCT Community
    • View Profile
    • Toborg Productions
Toborg123's Trip Reports - Thorpe Park Part 1
« on: February 23, 2014, 10:00 AM »
On 08/08/13 & 09/08/23 for the first time in my life I visited Thorpe Park. I was blown away. For a theme park that is bashed for not having good theming and making no sense, I though Thorpe was exceptionally themed. (All photographs are mine, please do not use or copy)

Entrance to The Amity Cove area of the Park.

There were are few inconsistencies, but in places the quality was near, even matched to Alton Towers. The entrance over the bridge was cool and seeing the rides, especially Stealth, on entry was amazing!

Rides Ridden

The SWARM: My first and to date only B&M wing coaster, THE SWARM was excellent! The area was amazingly done and included lots of little details such as the upturned phone box that spoke as though someone was still on the line and my personal favourite the wrecked billboard that reads welcome to hell. The ride itself is great with airtime and hangtime and loads of near misses. I rode both forwards and backwards through the day and my favourite was at the front because the hangtime on the first drop is insane. The ride is extremely comfortable, however it is not very intense.

Upside-down phone box theming.

Amazing billboard element.

Hangtime Heaven

Artsy shot.

Scoreboard
Intensity: 7/10
Comfort: 10/10
Theming: 10/10
Uniqueness: 9/10
Overall: 10/10 (My favourite ride all day)

Stealth: Thorpe’s iconic Intamin launch coaster, Stealth is the fastest coaster in the UK, and it shows. The launch is epic, one moment the car is idling in the station and the next it is already cresting the top hat. Stealth may only be 17 seconds but its seventeen seconds you’ll never forget.

A cool bench outside Stealth.

The top hat element from a distance.

Rustic 1960’s race track station.

The car spiralling down the track

It took me 4 attempts to get a good photo of this section. ;D

Scoreboard
Intensity: 10/10
Comfort: 8/10
Theming: 8/10
Uniqueness: 4/10
Overall: 10/10

Nemesis Inferno: Similar to Alton Towers’ Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno is a B&M Invert. The theming is good and immersive, I loved the soundtrack, and the ride interacts well with the queue. It is not as intense as Alton Tower’s Nemesis and slightly less imposing.

The curves are really cool.

They swing you right out over the midway.

Or over the forest.

Coming out of the tunnel.

A shot from afar.

Scoreboard
Intensity: 7/10
Comfort: 9/10
Theming: 8/10
Uniqueness: 7/10
Overall: 8/10

Stay Tuned for Part 2!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:03 AM by Toborg123 »
Finally back after an unexpectedly long hiatus!