[WIP] HELP Please - CTR / CSO Peter Pan´s Flight

• 16 replies

Offline DACS

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
[WIP] HELP Please - CTR / CSO Peter Pan´s Flight
« on: March 02, 2014, 04:22 AM »
Hello!

After years of being amazed by the stuff you create around here, i got myself into cso / ctr basics.
I´m proud to present my very first CSO / CTR i´m working on right now...

a recreation of
Peter Pan´s Flight
(Based on the ride versions at Disneyland and Disneyland Paris, but "adapted" for RCT sizes)

Note: I try to rebuild the stuff you see in the original rides at L.A./Paris but without the original Disney characters since these are a) copyrighted and b) nearly impossible to do with SketchUp.
Note: Most of the textures of the show-scenery are "unlit", so they will always look the same no matter if it´s night or day in the game... I figured that this seems to be the only way to simulate the blacklight scenery Disney uses in its dark rides.

The Station
complete with ceiling lights etc. - i´ll have to replace the mural on the wall with some non-copyrighted stuff before releasing the set

First Scene - the Nursery
complete with an opening window and a peter pan shadow projection on the wall (both as ride events)

Second Scene - Soaring over London
complete with Big Ben and London Bridge

Third Scene - Neverland Isle
complete with the pirate ship, rainbow and an animated waterfall
The CTR tracks I created for this ride have a special track segment that drops the ride vehicle a bit and then lifts it up to normal level (this effect is also in the original ride track at Disneyland Paris)

Fourth Scene - Neverland - The Pirate Ship
complete with the skull from skull island, the Indian camp and the pirate ship (with animated texture simulating pixie dust sparkling over the rear of the ship). Also contains ride event doors that let the ride vehicles pass "through" an animated waterfall texture at the end of the ride.

THE WHOLE RIDE with queue building (without ceilings above the interior scenes)
My set will contain the ceilings for all the show scenes as seperate elements

Right now i´m working on fine-tuning some of the textures and re-modeling/texturing the ride vehicles and tracks.

BUT: I could need some advise here: Basically i managed to create a ctr track with four segments

Station, Straight, XSCurve, the aforementioned Drop-Segment (available in game throught the photo section button) and a small slope.

With the last one I have problems with the schienendaten.txt

This is the way i do it right now: I import the slope as a curve, which works in the game - when you chose the med curve left symbol you get a slope downwards and the med curve right symbol gives you my slope upwards... That works fine, you can build the whole ride track.

TrackSectionName                   WuPPSlope
IconSteigungBeginn                 0
IconSteigungEnde                   0
IconKippungBeginn                  0
IconKippungEnde                    0
IconKruemmung                      1
IconSpezial                        0
LimitierteRichtung                 0
Extratyp                           0
WaterSplineFlag                    0

But how can i declare the slope AS A SLOPE? Whenever i try something like that...

IconSteigungEnde                   1
IconKruemmung                      0

...in the game there is a slope symbol available but if you build it once, you can´t place any other track behind this slope track segment. What am i supposed to write for "Iconsteigungbeginn" and "IconSteigungEnde" to import a small slope really as a slope?

Glad if someone could help...

thanks,
dacs

Offline Gravquian

• Herbie Popnecker / The Fat Fury
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] HELP Please - CTR / CSO Peter Pan´s Flight
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 08:24 PM »
Man, I like your design, and efforts so far. And look forward to future updates.

Sadly, my CS/Ride making experience still sucks. So I am unable to help you in those areas.

But your work has made me recall (partially anyway) memories. I remember the ride from Disneyland. And the carnival (trailer) pass-through rides. Thanks for sharing your progress.
Cafe.Naver  File  Downloading  Tutorial  ... http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,12722.0.html
 Shameful plugs: Gravquian's Generics & Gravquian's Rug Thread

" A novel set, requires more than novice experience! "

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 07:49 PM »
While I can't offer you any advice, I want to say that what you've created so far is wonderful! Peter Pan's Flight is one of my favorite Disneyland rides. :)

Offline radamesz777

• My Rollercoaster Disney experience!
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 06:50 AM »
While I can't offer you any advice, I want to say that what you've created so far is wonderful! Peter Pan's Flight is one of my favorite Disneyland rides. :)

It looks amazing !

Offline radamesz777

• My Rollercoaster Disney experience!
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 08:53 AM »
it looks great! Is there a download for this?

Offline DACS

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 10:06 AM »
it looks great! Is there a download for this?

Thanks, glad you like it... No download yet - i´ll try to solve my problem first and hope to release it this summer...

Offline MyGirlPepper

• Not your average 'Player'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 09:34 PM »
This is really some great stuff . Keep up the good work . I have no advice on CTR , I like the  way it is a complete ride set .

Offline DaveyOdekerken

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 03:43 AM »
This set looks fantastic! It's so good. How is the process? Good job!

Offline ben665665

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2016, 07:24 AM »
Are you still willing to release this?  :)

Offline disneyfanjmd

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 11:29 AM »
Would LOVE to see this CTR and the CSOs released!!!  :love: :love: :love:

Offline Gravquian

• Herbie Popnecker / The Fat Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 08:01 PM »

@ disneyfanjmd :
@ all-interested :

Unsure if DACS ever completed, or released, his version.  But it was sweet looking.
He would have to answer that for himself.

But, if you are interested in a version via/by Irct3...
Peter Pans Flight (irct3).zip
See post:
http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,3266.msg406647/topicseen.html#msg406647

At time of this posting, the MediaFire link was still active. The (zip) archive contains a ReadMe, a ctr-track, and the ctr-car.
Cafe.Naver  File  Downloading  Tutorial  ... http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,12722.0.html
 Shameful plugs: Gravquian's Generics & Gravquian's Rug Thread

" A novel set, requires more than novice experience! "

Offline DACS

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 10:34 AM »
To be honest: since this was one of my first tryouts in the field if cso, i m by now very unhappy with the look. BUT: last month i went to disney paris and shot literally hundreds of pictures of the ride to get better textures....so... consider this as -still in the works...

guest17302

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 08:26 AM »
Hello!

After years of being amazed by the stuff you create around here, i got myself into cso / ctr basics.
I´m proud to present my very first CSO / CTR i´m working on right now...

a recreation of
Peter Pan´s Flight
(Based on the ride versions at Disneyland and Disneyland Paris, but "adapted" for RCT sizes)

Note: I try to rebuild the stuff you see in the original rides at L.A./Paris but without the original Disney characters since these are a) copyrighted and b) nearly impossible to do with SketchUp.
Note: Most of the textures of the show-scenery are "unlit", so they will always look the same no matter if it´s night or day in the game... I figured that this seems to be the only way to simulate the blacklight scenery Disney uses in its dark rides.

The Station
complete with ceiling lights etc. - i´ll have to replace the mural on the wall with some non-copyrighted stuff before releasing the set

First Scene - the Nursery
complete with an opening window and a peter pan shadow projection on the wall (both as ride events)

Second Scene - Soaring over London
complete with Big Ben and London Bridge

Third Scene - Neverland Isle
complete with the pirate ship, rainbow and an animated waterfall
The CTR tracks I created for this ride have a special track segment that drops the ride vehicle a bit and then lifts it up to normal level (this effect is also in the original ride track at Disneyland Paris)

Fourth Scene - Neverland - The Pirate Ship
complete with the skull from skull island, the Indian camp and the pirate ship (with animated texture simulating pixie dust sparkling over the rear of the ship). Also contains ride event doors that let the ride vehicles pass "through" an animated waterfall texture at the end of the ride.

THE WHOLE RIDE with queue building (without ceilings above the interior scenes)
My set will contain the ceilings for all the show scenes as seperate elements

Right now i´m working on fine-tuning some of the textures and re-modeling/texturing the ride vehicles and tracks.

BUT: I could need some advise here: Basically i managed to create a ctr track with four segments

Station, Straight, XSCurve, the aforementioned Drop-Segment (available in game throught the photo section button) and a small slope.

With the last one I have problems with the schienendaten.txt

This is the way i do it right now: I import the slope as a curve, which works in the game - when you chose the med curve left symbol you get a slope downwards and the med curve right symbol gives you my slope upwards... That works fine, you can build the whole ride track.

IconSteigungEnde                   0
IconKruemmung                      1

But how can i declare the slope AS A SLOPE? Whenever i try something like that...

IconSteigungEnde                   1
IconKruemmung                      0

...in the game there is a slope symbol available but if you build it once, you can´t place any other track behind this slope track segment. What am i supposed to write for "Iconsteigungbeginn" and "IconSteigungEnde" to import a small slope really as a slope?

Glad if someone could help...

thanks,
dacs
I really love your CTR and CSO Set. It looks awesome.

I would really like to download Peter Pan's Flight CTR and CSO of yours please? If you have it. If that's okay with you.

Offline HanazukiYes

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 09:24 AM »
Hello, it's me Ryan Aka ShermanFTW.  Remember me? And the only thing I just liked is that Peter Pan's flight CTR is uploaded to CS Depot. So is your CTR and CSO completed?

Offline DACS

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2019, 08:32 PM »
Sadly, no. I haven´t found a solution for my problem mentioned in my post above...

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 01:59 PM »
Awesome job!

Offline HanazukiYes

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 11:05 AM »
Sadly, no. I haven´t found a solution for my problem mentioned in my post above...
Why do you have a problem? You said you released it on January 2018. But when will the Pinocchio' Daring Journey CTR be released on?