Parkitect - Discussion & Update Thread

• 895 replies

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
Re: Parkitect - Discussion & Update Thread
« Reply #870 on: May 02, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Mods are enabled on Mac again! (As announced on the subreddit here.)

Quote from: Sebioff
Just a quick announcement that the Steam integration is enabled again on macOS, so the Workshop can be accessed again. This resolves some other crashes as well.

Background: ultimately we tracked down the problem to a bug inside the Unity engine - somewhat ironically a feature which is supposed to automatically detect and report errors was causing crashes in some conditions. When the Steam Client was updated it triggered these conditions.
We have disabled the automatic error reporting for now, which resolves some other crashes on macOS as well.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 07, 2018, 07:08 PM »
Devlog Update 193

We’re back to working on the campaign again, so you know what that means - not too much to show right now :)
We made some good progress on figuring out and implementing how scenarios are going to be unlocked this week.

Since this would be a very short devlog update otherwise, let’s talk some more about the campaign, and first of all who’s working on it.
We’re extremely lucky to have two very talented builders from the community working on scenarios for the campaign: Silvarret and Joshua Tjarks. You have probably seen some of their work already, and so you’ll know that they are great park designers and very passionate about theme park games :)
Our main goal for the campaign is to make every scenario feel different in some way - especially of course by giving scenarios unique settings, but also by varying the starting conditions and goals and having a nice difficulty progression.

These two have been busy for 6-8 months now and they came up with so many ideas that in the end the campaign grew a bit bigger than we originally expected…
As a sneak peak to give you an idea what to expect, here’s a quick look at one of the scenarios - Coaster Canyon by Silvarret:
As a slightly easier scenario this park has lots of flat space for building huge coasters, and there’s also some space at the top of the canyon as an interesting option!
Building on a blank canvas can be difficult, so most maps come with some small pre-built structures to set the mood and hopefully provide you with inspiration for your own additions! We can’t wait to see what you’ll come up with :)

Responses from the subreddit:
Quote from: Sebioff
  • No overarching story.
  • They'll be split into Easy, Medium and Hard difficulties.

[in response to how big the campaign will be:]
  • Bigger than the campaigns of any other theme park game it looks like

Modding News
Airboss added a small Quarter [Height] Walls set.
Distantsics released a supports mod! I feel compelled to attach pictures for this one.

Offline Mikikiwasha

• Aka. SilentMember
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 07, 2018, 08:18 PM »
At this point, I think once the campaign is released I'mma get right back into Parkitect. For some reason playing in it hasn't hooked me yet, but a banger campaign sure would (if RCTC is anything to gauge by).

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 14, 2018, 02:36 PM »
Devlog Update 194
One of my favorite things in simulation games is seeing your creation come alive and just sitting back, watching all the bustling activity.
In Parkitect it’s mostly all the guests running around who are responsible for creating this effect, and it’s not quite yet where we want it to be. “The more the better” has been a sort of inofficial motto throughout development for us, whether it be object counts, park sizes or the amount of rides - the more we can add the better it’ll be for this game.

Guest counts are still lower than we’d like though and right now is the last good time to properly solve this, since increasing the amount of guests also affects the money balance and the entire campaign.
Improving guest performance has been a constant task nearly every month throughout development and it’s at a point now where the only significant further improvements can be gained from multithreading. The main hurdle there is that Unity, the game engine we’re using, is making multithreading really difficult. They are currently making very impressive progress to improve that for the future, but it’s too late for Parkitect to use the solutions they are working on. So I have finally started with finding my own solutions for these difficulties. It’s a very annoying task that requires going through the entire guest AI code and making it compatible, but so far it looks like it’ll be worth it!

As a first smaller improvement, overall performance in Beta 7 will be up to 15% better in busy parks.

The really big improvement will not be in Beta 7 just yet, but I hope I can release an experimental version for anyone interested in testing sometime during June. In the first tests it looks like we should be able to have quite a few more guests while at the same time having better performance overall. Here’s a small teaser:

That’s 8000 guests in a pretty detailed and big park (Northern Highlands), with roughly 1500 guests on screen, running at 65 FPS!

This is just a stress test of course and we won’t increase the guest count anywhere near this dramatically, because 1) it turns out “the more the better” has a limit where it stops being fun and 2) the game needs to run on weaker systems as well. Comforting to know though that guest performance should never be an issue again after all of this! You should also actually start seeing guests complain about long queue lines…

No new mods since last time.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 21, 2018, 04:12 PM »
Devlog Update 195

Garret made the existing concrete and wooden walls recolorable, which makes them a whole lot more useful:

I continued working on moving the AI code to a separate thread this week. It still needs a ton of testing, but overall work is going a bit faster than expected. The guest AI is ~95% done, pathfinding is running on its own thread as well now, and I’ve started working on moving the staff AI (which should not be too problematic overall since I can reuse most of the work done for guests).

There have been some requests for properly documented and more detailed benchmarks last time, so here’s one. These are the systems I tested on:

Low-end system:
Mac Mini 2014, Intel i5 @ 2.6GHz, integrated Intel Iris graphics
A system that’s pretty close to our minimum requirements. The main bottleneck is the lack of a proper graphics card - this system can’t even render an empty screen at 20 FPS at full resolution. Since we’re interested in the games CPU performance instead of the integrated graphics performance (and I got no other system to test with) I’ve lowered the resolution to the point where it can render an empty screen at ~55 FPS.

High-end system:
Windows 10 PC, Intel i7-6700K @ 4GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
A fairly recent and decent system.
I don’t have a mid-range system available for testing but it should be save to assume that performance would accordingly fall between the results from these.

All tests were run with the exact same scene and camera position in the Eastern Highlands demo park with 3.000 guests. This is a rather detailed park and that guest count is higher than it will be in the end for this park (we haven’t done a proper balancing pass yet to account for the improved performance, but something around 2.000 - 2.500 guests is probably more reasonable).imageThere have been some requests for “removing the guest cap” last week so I want to point out again that the game has no guest cap. If you build a park with better/more rides then there will be more guests.

The “Old” results are with the currently released Beta 6 version and the “New” results are with the upcoming multithreading version.

A fairly modest improvement of 10-15% for this specific scene. Not amazing, but nice. Worth pointing out though is that in the old version there can be some spikes occasionally where single frames take a bit longer to calculate, whereas in the new version it’s all very stable.

Improving guest performance is not only interesting for being able to have more guests in general, but also because the game allows speeding up time. Running the game at x3 speed means running the guest AI 3 times as often, so running a park with 3.000 guests at x3 speed is roughly comparable to running a park with 9.000 guests at x1 speed. This is where the performance improvements become more apparent.
Here’s the same test as above, but running at x3 speed.

The old version takes a pretty significant hit, whereas in the new version it barely has any performance impact at all.

Always nice to see more recolorable stuff!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 21, 2018, 05:52 PM »
I missed the last update with the peep increase. I hope they get this working, as one of the disappointing things I found when playing Parkitect,was the low peep count and nearly empty queues on all the rides. Getting lots of peeps queuing for all the rides seems to be a common problem with theme park sims. Odd, since that should be one of the top goals for the AI in these games.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Sebioff

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 22, 2018, 03:07 AM »
Yeah, not very satisfying.
I'm confident though :) The 3.000 guests from the tests in the previous blog post are completely overwhelming the queues in this park. There are hundreds of people heading for the rides:

We will have to use fewer guests and probably also reduce how many people are heading for the rides at once.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 03:12 AM by Sebioff »

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 28, 2018, 03:11 PM »
Devlog Update 196

Art Stream
Come join us on Garrets Twitch channel on Wednesday (May 30th) at 1pm PDT to chat while watching some new Parkitect art being created.

Devlog
The multithreading stuff seems to be fairly stable right now! We will still be running a bunch of tests this week, but it looks like it will be possible to release it with Beta 7 already.
Having more guests messes with the financial balance of the game quite a bit, so we started adjusting that. As usual it will take many tiny tweaks over a longer period of time to get that feeling right again, so don’t expect that to be perfect just yet with the next update.image
| A more reasonable amount of guests for this test park

The audio team delivered a few hundred new sound effects, so all the props and rides that were added in the past half year or so got their sounds now!
Gordon also finished a new calm ride music track which will be very nice for the most low-intensity rides.

From the subreddit
The update's scheduled to come next week. The new sound effects include props, rides, and shops; new crowd noises may be coming later.

Modding News
The Razevil Building Set is now on the Steam Workshop. Not sure if it's backwards compatible. Seems like it adds a few nice curved pieces for adding round windows to walls, so I may use it this time around.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 05, 2018, 09:05 AM »
Devlog Update 197 + Beta 7
Beta 7 is now available for download! The full change log is at the end of this post.

Devlog
Garret added lights to the Transformer:

And we added the Gyro Drop Tower from last weeks Art Stream:

Changelog
- significantly improved guest performance
- significantly improved performance when running game at x2/x3 speed
- significantly improved park loading times
- increased overall guest count (some parks might see less guests; depends on what the park contains)
- added Gyro Drop Tower
- added Calm ride music track
- added sound effects for recently added props and rides
- added scenario goal requiring a certain amount of coasters with a certain rating
- changed coasters to attract significantly more guests to the park than other types of rides
- changed how park rating is calculated
- adjusted money balance to account for higher guest numbers (might need further tweaks)
- improved guest flow to attractions
- improved some more building pieces to be recolorable (walls, pillars)
- improved performance when zooming in/out of crowded areas of the park
- fixed guests being able to see bad decoration below paths
- fixed raised paths not blocking rain on paths below
- fixed some pavillions not blocking rain
- fixed guests sometimes exiting boats immediately instead of riding them
- fixed not being able to build some track pieces after curved slope-to-flat transitions
- fixed exit gates not waiting for all guests to leave the ride
- fixed a case where trains could get stuck when leaving the station and cause lag
- fixed a case where the finance overview could get stuck
- fixed an error when using object pipette on modded objects
- fixed path supports not appearing until game is unpaused
- fixed red build preview when dragging fences even though fence can be built
- fixed duplicate resolution entries in graphics settings

Modding News
RoadWorks has been updated again, adding bike lanes, and making the curve markings smoother, among other things.

There's also a new Pipes mod. I'm hoping eventually it'll get enough pieces to completely replace the old Pipes and Vents set, but it should still be useful as it is now with just the bigger pipes.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 19, 2018, 02:51 PM »
Devlog Update 199
We’re back to working on the campaign once again, so you know what that means by now - not much that we can show currently and most of the stuff going into the next game update are smaller tweaks.

Many of these were small UI improvements. There are per-category buttons for marking objects as available/researched in the scenario settings now:

The handle for extending boat ride stations should look better and more like something that can be interacted with:

Scenario descriptions are visible from within the park now:

Some event notifications got a progress bar so you got a better idea how much longer the event will go:

And fire deco objects emit some flickering light now:

Modding News
Shyguy's Building Set 3 has been released on the workshop. [Old news, but I don't believe I mentioned it earlier in this thread.] There's also the new Coaster Anarchy mod, which lets you put most special track pieces on most rides so you can put a loop on your go-karts or whatever. (Or more usefully, put launches on rides that otherwise wouldn't support it in-game.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:52 PM by CoastersPaul »

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 26, 2018, 07:20 AM »
Devlog Update 200

Art Stream
Come join us on Garrets Twitch channel on Wednesday (June 27th) at 1pm PDT to chat while watching some new Parkitect art being created.

Devlog
We are currently doing our first full playthrough of all campaign levels to see if they are beatable and fun and making the neccesary changes to improve them. It’s going really well and we made good progress, so the first third of the campaign scenarios are pretty much finalized :)

We’re also improving all the tiny things we’re noticing that feel off during this playtest, so in the past week alone we made ~70 small balance changes and fixes. These will release with Beta 8 next week.

And since this is Devlog 200, here’s a sneak peek at another one of the campaign scenarios - this is Broadmoor Beach by Joshua:

Modding News
Shyguy's Building Set 4 is now out again! Diagonal roof hype!

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 03, 2018, 11:22 AM »
Devlog Update 201 + Beta 8
Beta 8 is now available for download! The full change log is at the end of this post.

Devlog
We got two new rides this month:

The Hyper Coaster is a high-capacity coaster capable of 60m+ drops. It can’t invert, so it’s all about speed and airtime!

The Plane Carousel is a nice calm ride that slowly spins around a central axis like a carousel, but guests have control over the up/down movement of the planes.

Changelog
- added Hyper Coaster
- added Plane Carousel
- added some new fences

- added deco score graph to market research
- added deco score scenario goal
- added inner glass roof corners
- added new sound effects

- added lowest transparency setting when hiding objects hides them completely
- changed research so you can research calm rides/thrill rides etc. instead of flat rides/coasters
- improved queue building to not remove path attachments when dragging in parallel to paths
- improved wooden supports
- improved decision making for when to enable underground view when placing ride blueprints
- made it easier to see which parts of an object are below/above ground when building
- some UI improvements
- lots of small game balance improvements, most notably:
Spoiler (hover to show)
- fixed guests not using newly bought umbrellas
- fixed parts of concrete walls not being recolorable
- fixed camera not following guests when they are on rides
- fixed a case where Twister wouldn’t stop when it should
- fixed guests disappearing when deleting benches/rides
- fixed path builder switching into underground mode on sloped terrain
- fixed remove button in path builder sometimes not working as intended
- fixed a case where guests could immediately leave the park instead of staying for a while
- fixed a case where trash could get stuck on trash bins and never disappear
- fixed research unlock rewards for completing scenario goals sometimes not getting awarded
- fixed goal rewards being awarded a second time after completing all goals
- fixed an error when subscribing to mods
- fixed objects built below wooden supports being hard to click
- fixed a case where scenario editor UI would stop working
- fixed a case where guests could not despawn
- fixed guests naming the wrong intensity when complaining about no rides of a certain intensity being around
- (hopefully) fixed not being able to build track segments sometimes due to location being occupied

Modding News
Cyberpunkland, from the modder who brought you Architect Toolbox, Extra Lights, and Letters. Has neon light letters, a whole bunch of wires and pipes, and some animated props. Looks pretty useful.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 10, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Devlog Update 202

And we’re back to doing polish + campaign work once again. Campaign testing is at 75% complete now.

Shops and ride entrances received tunnel frames if needed, so building them into vertical terrain works as you’d expect now:

Modding News
Marnit added a "Retro Steel Coaster", currently using the default steel coaster trains, that has a different track style with a unique curved chain lift. I'm not sure what exactly I could use it for, but it looks pretty nice.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 18, 2018, 01:39 AM »
Devlog Update 203

The main menu screen (the one you get immediately after starting the game) was always meant to be temporary, and we’ve been working on its replacement this week. Initial work to figure out what it will be like started a year ago actually, but over the past few weeks a lot more time went into it and it’s really coming together now.

I also started working on the credits, so you can probably tell that we keep inching towards leaving Early Access. Still so much left to do though that there is no date in sight yet, but one step closer!

Modding News
I didn't mention this last week, but there's now officially 50 mods on the Steam workshop.

New update for RoadWorks, adding more signs, improving road markings (especially on curves), bike lane stuff, and perhaps most notably, colorable pieces.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 24, 2018, 05:17 PM »
Devlog Update 204

Guests gained the ability to puke into trash bins. This can help with keeping cleanliness ratings under control in difficult areas, but since the bins need to be emptied eventually it can still keep the Janitors pretty busy… maybe even busier than before if the next trash dump is far away!

Guests will also have a negative thought now and lose some immersion when seeing an employee resting at a bench. Don’t forget to build staff rooms!

Modding News
Airboss released a new custom supports mod. The beams are a lot thinner than Distantic's custom supports, so they're both useful depending on what style you need, although they don't combine perfectly - it uses the metal material (although it didn't appear that shiny to me), so they don't quite match up with the same color. The retro steel coaster has been updated with the classic box loop supports.

Offline Elizabeth2017

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 24, 2018, 06:06 PM »
I like this idea for the peeps to be able to get sick in the trash cans. Sometimes the janitors take awhile to clean up the vomit.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 31, 2018, 08:35 AM »
Devlog Update 205 + Beta 9
Beta 9 is now available for download! The full change log is at the end of this post.

Devlog
Doing an Art Stream wasn’t possible this month, but we got a new ride for you anyways! Here’s the Top Scan:imageWe also added three new basic default terrains to pick from when starting a new park so you got at least something more interesting to choose from than just the flat terrain until the campaign is released without having to generate a terrain using the scenario editor.
The new maps are Lake:

River:

And Hills:

The park entrance for all default maps has been moved towards the center as well.

Changelog
- added Top Scan
- added some more default sandbox scenario terrains
- added guests can puke into trash bins
- added guests are annoyed by employees resting on benches
- added tunnel frames for shops and ride entrances built into vertical terrain
- reduced game load time when having many blueprints installed by ~10-60 seconds
- reduced how much park entrance fee guests are willing to pay if rides have high entrance fees as well
- reduced congestion near the station ends of boat rides
- improved loan balance
- fixed objects having wrong prices when placed on half-unit high terrain
- fixed being able to build path attachments without having enough money
- fixed being able to remove trees that have been marked as indestructible in the scenario editor by building paths through them
- fixed cases where shops would not receive shopkeepers
- fixed being able to build underwater friction wheels on splashdown sections
- fixed terraformer going crazy when used from a top-down view
- fixed tower rides using wrong light colors
- fixed Janitors cleaning paths despite being too tired to work
- fixed guests could get stuck when trying to sit on a removed bench
- fixed guests complaining about long ride times of boat rides
- fixed guests playing walking animation while riding elevator
- fixed shopkeepers spawning in wrong locations when closing and reopening shops

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 08, 2018, 06:20 AM »
I'm posting the update fairly late this time around because of what seemed to be problems on Tumblr's end. I still can't access the devlog in Firefox, but at least the images seem to load.

Devlog Update 206
Hey, we’re finally working on something again that can be shown without spoiling anything! Nice!
We started working on the tutorial, which will also be the first (skippable) scenario of the campaign.
It will take you step by step through the most important features of the game and give some explanations, so we started with getting a system in place for this.

Modding News
The Catwalks mod was updated with a few missing slope safety net pieces.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 24, 2018, 12:32 PM »
The game's still under active development, even though a lot of it's been behind the scenes campaign stuff, or small management details, and there haven't been many pictures lately, so I haven't bothered reporting on it. If you haven't checked the devlogs for a while, here's some of the highlights:
Beta 10
  • The ability to hire a second research time
  • Bankruptcy now gives you a deadline to turn a profit, or your park's closed permanently
  • Improvement for scenery calculation inside buildings
  • New smoke, fog, and spark effects:

Beta 11
  • Simplified loans
  • Changed the blueprint previews from the old blue overlay

to a much better preview
  • Changed the way grid-snapping works. It now snaps to both the grid centers and corners at the same time instead of needing extra key presses:

• Purchaseable land in scenarios has a special fence to make it clearer that you can buy it
  • New trash chutes for the pipe system instead of using depots
  • Utility buildings doors finally recieved animations
  • New Stand-up Coaster!
  • Three new animal statues
    [/li

But I think I'm even more excited for Beta 12, which should be releasing next week.

Devlog Update 215

The audio team from A Shell In The Pit has been working on another bigger audio update for a while. Rachel has been adding some new sounds and fine-tuning volumes of existing ones, and Maris has been working on removing the weird pops and cut-off sounds we sometimes had. There’s also stereo sound now, making everything sound a bit less “flat”, and some more subtle crowd sounds. They’ll keep tweaking, but generally everything sounds a bit nicer now. Here’s a quick video to give an impression:

It adds more path textures!

And some of the paths can be freely recolored now!

Which... is sort of a big deal. That's basically all the path options I could ever want! (At least for now.) Also, flat ride platforms can finally be recolored instead of needing to use path covers for that. Unless you need more than one color.

(The mods with path covers do feel dated now, though. If only we had textured ones.)

And the more recent flat rides now have lights.

Also: art stream today. In half an hour.

Modding News
Modding's also been fairly quiet, but there's a nice new Neon Kit. It's full of neon borders that fit on the side of walls. They glow, but don't have much light. Other mods have neon stripes and neon letters, but this set adds a lot of options.

There's been some in-progress shots of an Aquarium set in the subreddit (/r/ThemeParkitect), looks like it could end up being pretty useful outside of that when it's done.

And there's someone in the Parkitect discord working on a set of new fences. They're even planning on adding diagonal and round versions later!

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 30, 2018, 01:04 PM »
Devlog Update 218 + Beta 12
Beta 12 is now available for download! The full change log is at the end of this post.

Devlog
During this months Art Stream, Garret added a set of new generic building pieces and deco items that should fit into most parks. Here’s a preview of some of the new pieces:

Changelog
Beta 12:
- big audio overhaul
 * added stereo sound
 * added crowd sounds
 * added music volume slider to ride settings
 * fixed a bunch of audio pops and sounds not playing
- added new path styles
- added custom colors to some normal paths
- added new building pieces (spires, dormers, windows, door, clocks, stepped walls)
- added lights to Power Surge, Top Scan, Plane Carousel, Gyro Drop Tower, Star Shape
- added new ride music song (Coffee Pirates)
- added up helix to Go-Karts
- reduced RAM use
- improved performance in parks with many tracked rides
- improved TV images
- fixed guests disappearing when closing tracked ride
- fixed not being able to replace queue handrails on stairs
- fixed some path attachments missing in blueprints (only for new blueprints)
- fixed some fences not adapting to sloped paths when built from blueprints (only for new blueprints)
- fixed a case where huge parks would not receive as many guests as they should

The colorable paths might be the biggest feature, but there's so many nice polishes here. And I've wanted new building pieces for a while.

If it's still how it was in the stream, those dormers and windows are separate pieces you can slap on to your buildings! We haven't had that much freedom in vanilla... probably ever. Definitely a good addition.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 30, 2018, 03:21 PM »
My sets already contain dormer windows. ;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 30, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Yeah, I probably won't be using these much outside of the build-offs myself, but it's always nice to have more options.

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 31, 2018, 09:56 AM »
Looking pretty neat. I still get a classic RCT vibe from Parkitect which is always welcome. Makes me closer to getting Parkitect and trying it out.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 12, 2018, 01:17 PM »
Last week: animated flags, tree settings for the scenario generator. Nice little details but nothing to write home about IMO.

This week: much bigger news.

Launch date!
Hey! Take a look at this:

That’s right, the 1.0 version of Parkitect will release on November 29th.
Most notably, it will add the Campaign Mode to the game!
The campaign spans 26 scenarios with unique and varied settings and is played on a world map with branching paths that gets gradually revealed and comes to live as you progress.

All of the campaign parks have been designed by Silvarret and Joshua Tjarks, so you can be sure they are very nicely decorated.

Launch price
As announced previously we will increase the price with the release of this update. Our final price will be $29.99 / €24.99 and should come into effect across all stores around November 28th.

Since this has been asked before: of course the 1.0 update will be free for you if you already own the game or buy it at the current price. You won’t have to pay extra for it.

Future
So what will the 1.0 release mean for the future of Parkitect?
During December and early January we expect to be 100% busy with talking to press and players, the inevitable hotfixes and taking a bit of time off over the holidays.

Beyond that we will of course continue to support the game with patches and updates - there’s some more features and content for both creative players and management players that we’re excited to start working on as free updates! However, these updates will happen whenever we have something ready to show instead of on the fixed weekly devlog/monthly game update schedule that we’ve used for the past ~4 years.

Thank you!
Finally, a HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped us to get this far! This game wouldn’t exist without all of the Kickstarter supporters, and it would have been a much smaller game without all of the Early Access supporters.

And of course thanks to everyone who has worked on this game over the years - there have been so many people: obviously Garret, for taking on the risk of working on such a big game with me; Tim and Luuk, who have contributed enormously to the community surrounding this game and did an amazing job with working on the game itself; Gabby, who was always there to help with absolutely anything we needed help for; Gordon for bringing his unique music style to the game that makes building coasters so much more fun; Em, Rachel and Maris for creating thousands of sound effects for all the different things in the game and figuring out how to make them sound good; Fabrice for designing new scenery pieces when we ran out of ideas; Silvarret and Joshua for designing probably the absolutely nicest campaign parks; Marlon, M. Joshua, Michael and Trudy for the trailers and promo art; and of course all of the game testers and community moderators over on reddit and Discord!

Thanks <3

Yep, the cheesy trailers are back!

This is going to be a big change, that's for sure. I've been playing sandbox for so long that I don't care too much about the campaign, so I'm not that excited about 1.0 itself. I just hope the game keeps improving going further.

IIRC, they mentioned earlier that they were planning on putting more work into the modding tools after 1.0, so if that's still the case any more updates will just be a nice addition instead of needed as badly.

Offline Cyrbuzz

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 13, 2018, 02:22 PM »
More flat rides and themed building pieces would be welcome. Still an awesome game as is, congratulations to the developers of this great addition to the gaming community.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 29, 2018, 09:02 AM »
Parkitect is officially launched! Jumping into the campaign... now. Well, after it takes a minute to download.