Brighton Sands: Final thanks

• 2031 replies

Offline blk_mamba

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Join the Fun! Kirkmen Island
Re: Brighton Sands 2008: The last day of the season
« Reply #2010 on: December 25, 2015, 12:12 AM »
Malcom for City Council! I hope Shayne isn't the eventual ruin on the park. I think that The Sands and the Rumbler should attempt to get some sort of historical landmark protection from the current leadership to protect the park for years to come.

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: December 25, 2015, 10:54 AM »
Shayne on the city council? Ugh, that would be disastrous for the park. Hopefully he'll be soundly defeated in the election!

Offline CGI144

• Back up your creations or suffer the consequences
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: December 26, 2015, 04:52 PM »
Title: The election
Blog entry: 144
Year: 2008

It was a tough race but after two weeks of campaigning, the Brighton City Council leadership elections have finally drawn to a close meaning we now have our leader, elected by the people, for the people. The city council is the government authority that rules over the district. In charge of everything from local planning development to emptying the bins on Thursday, the city council oversees it all. This means whoever is in charge of the council, has a massive influence over the future of this great city.

The leadership race took place at 7.30 Tuesday morning and ended at 12 midnight. The race was between existing leader Malcolm Lorus and new to politics businessman, Shayne Hunter. While the polls started off neck and neck, it seemed many were unhappy with Malcolm’s previous rule over Brighton resulting in Mr Hunter gaining a significant majority. It was soon over before it had the chance to begin.

Only hours after the results had been announced, Shayne had already moved into Malcolm’s old office on Loxley Street; the home of Brighton City Council. In all honestly, I don't know how a greedy corporate developer like Shayne with next to no political understanding ever made it as council leader.

From what I can gather, the people of Brighton wanted a change and easily bought into Shayne's deceptions of a "brighter future". How can this have been allowed to happen? The man is practically a criminal!

As leader Shayne has vowed to relax planning laws, work hand in hand with local businesses, improve links with community and bring the city into the future it is "destined for".

Whatever the case, it is done.
With control over Shayne Shock Entertainment Co, 80 local businesses, and now Brighton City Council, it seems there is very little this man hasn't got his name plastered on. I don't know what this means for Brighton or for Brighton Sands Amusement Park but whatever happens, it is clear the council can no longer be considered an ally of Brighton Sands.

Approach with caution.

Liam Summers

Offline blk_mamba

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Brighton Sands 2008: The election
« Reply #2013 on: December 26, 2015, 05:18 PM »
Damn he won. Hopefully he will have a change of heart and understand the park is a national treasure and should be protected! Maybe he rigged the race! I want a recount! lol

Offline NicoToonZ

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: December 26, 2015, 09:43 PM »
Story-self: YOU IDIOTIC FOOLS! SHAYNE SHOULDN'T BE PART OF THE COUNCIL! Sorry, just a little mad at this.
Regular self: Man, this is completely like "The Empire Strikes Back" because this feels so good! Keep it up!

Offline Jake C

• Stone cold Steve, 3:16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: December 26, 2015, 11:37 PM »
as always CGI great work, this park always has me coming back to see if there is an update. Surley this must be one of the longest running RCT3 parks now?
I live in the NoLimits board, come stop by and say hi.

Offline RCT3Fan6

• bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: February 25, 2016, 01:29 PM »
Maybe he rigged the race! I want a recount! lol

I did a recount. I bought in some handwriting experts. Shayne made a ton of ballots and put them in the ballot box! He obviously rigged it! :P
blawp

Offline blk_mamba

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: February 25, 2016, 03:53 PM »
I did a recount. I bought in some handwriting experts. Shayne made a ton of ballots and put them in the ballot box! He obviously rigged it! :P

You do not know how excited I got seeing this thread but I see it was just a bump....  :n00b:

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: February 27, 2016, 01:37 PM »
Haha thanks all! Don't worry, even though I am more restricted for time than before, BSAP will be back in small intervals. The next batch should hopefully be a few weeks though no promises. ;)

Thanks for bearing with me!

CGI

Offline CGI144

• View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: June 18, 2016, 01:57 PM »
Hi guys. CGI here.

As the date on my last update shows, it has been some time since I last came into contact with Brighton Sands, RCT or even Shyguys World for that matter. After two hard years mostly away from the game, I had hoped to bring closure to this project over the coming summer to Christmas period.

While my enthusiasm for the game has sadly deterorated over recent times, I have always remained committed to concluding this saga that has already lasted so many years. However running such a heavy program what with all its downloable content and mods on a collapsing 8 year old+ computer is pushing even my patience to the limits. Simply put, I do not have the time to wait a over 40 minuites for the PC and game to load just for it to crash when I try to let people into my park or take a screenshot. I have tried countless times to keep the game afloat however I feel it is time to lay this one to rest, at least for now.

So with that I wanted to applaud this commuity for all the guidance, enthusiasm and support it has given me from 2011 to now. I am gutted Brighton Sands will unlikely recieve the gracious ending I had once hoped for however I feel it is time to end this chapter and move on.

Hopefully BSAP will return in some form, some day but for now; it has been a real pleasure SGW!
Keep up all the great work.

Brighton Sands Amusement Park (2011-2016)

Offline toofpikk

• I am this forums noob.
    • View Profile
Re: Brighton Sands: Final thanks
« Reply #2020 on: June 18, 2016, 02:17 PM »
There's a certain level of respect one must have for a gamer who sticks it out as long as some of us here. What other game requires constant commitment, levels of detail and months on end to create a story/short video, just to please a handful of people?
The only things that come close are game developers, who are paid to do it, and PC, which is a much more efficient, but entirely different game.

You have broken far and beyond that level of respect in my point of view. Brighton sands is legendary, up there with Charleston Gardens, Wonderworld and the like. The parks story is so rich, and the commitment you have delivered to this park file is tremendous. I have so much respect for players who stick it out for so long just to give forum users some entertainment, and having now met you in person several times, your forum presence simply reflects how much of a good, committed guy you are.

Brighton Sand's death is quite symbolic. Along with RCT3's wheels grinding to a halt, it's inevitable that things like this will happen; I only hope that you never stop being creative, no matter what you do.

I'm not really sure how to end a comment like this, but hey, what I will say is that I'm glad you never gave up. BS was a very inspiring park, and all I can say now is I truly hope to see your creativity shine once more, maybe in PC, or maybe in real life.
Maybe, someday, when you have a new computer, you can return. Who knows!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:24 AM by toofpikk »

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: June 18, 2016, 07:38 PM »
^Toofpikk's comment says it all. I can only add my thanks for your dedication to an entertaining, inspiring, and always fun to read thread. I'm hoping that someday soon we'll see your imaginative work again on these boards! :up: :) :up:

Offline NicoToonZ

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: June 18, 2016, 08:13 PM »
Well, you entertained me very well CGI. I'm really sad to say farewell to the park, and the story behind it too.  :-[

Offline tayspru

• Bitches beware xox
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: June 19, 2016, 03:30 AM »
The dedication you displayed with this park was truly second to none , and inspired me to try out a timeline park - it's sad to see it go , but I really hope this isn't the end of you playing RCT3

- Tayler

Offline Cling87

• Regina George is flawless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: June 19, 2016, 04:23 AM »
I have to agree with everyone! I mean 68 pages for Brighton Sands, amazing!

The time and effort you put in keeping this story line going and developing the park is just incredible!

Like why are you so obsessed with me

Offline blk_mamba

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2025 on: June 19, 2016, 07:39 AM »
I came late to the party but I really enjoyed the quality and depth of your work. Unlike most park stories on here it was interesting to see the park struggle at time with internal conflicts, space constraints and management. It was those struggle that made me more excited to see the park flourish and succeed. Despite the parks small foot print I enjoyed how that never stopped the park from adding world class attractions in very creative spaces. 

Offline Slalamander

• I used to be someone else
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: June 20, 2016, 02:10 AM »
I don't think I can say much that hasn't been said already, as Toof took the time to type that all out. It's truly amazing how dedicated you have been to this park, and while it's pity it's now over, it is something you can so, so proud of.

Offline Captain_Rageman

• The filthiest of the filthy casual
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 20, 2016, 12:16 PM »
I haven't been around as much as I would have liked as of late, but every time I saw a new update to this park, I was intrigued/delighted to see what was going on. I feel honoured as actually being a part of the park's history during Pukefest (forgot the year, but it was a decent event)!

Brighton Sands is such a legendary park on commitment and story depth in the RCT3 community, in my opinion. You kept it realistic with the hardship, inspiring to other community members and furthermore, brilliant/exciting to follow! I'm going to miss the park, but I'm grateful for the memories and inspiration I took from it.

Hopefully, we will be seeing you soon with something new!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:18 PM by Captain_Rageman »

STEAM ACCOUNT 
YOUTUBE                 TWITCH

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
« Reply #2028 on: July 02, 2016, 12:35 PM »
It is a damn shame that Brighton Sands has to come to a bit of a close here, your storyline has really kept us entertained for quite some time, and watching this park develop was a lot of fun to bear witness to.

I wish you the best of luck with new endeavors, the legend of this project should not fade. :mad:up:
'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

Offline coastermaster

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 02, 2016, 03:39 PM »
Its a bloody shame ive loved this park since day 1 it will be greatly missed it dosent feel like five years since a little park popped up on this feed one of the first thing id seen after the old vohdin forums shut down well done mate this has been great

Offline RCT3Fan6

• bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: August 06, 2016, 04:17 PM »
This is bullcrap! Can we at least have a download please? :(
blawp

Offline blk_mamba

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: August 08, 2016, 04:23 PM »
I second the download part but I reject the bull crap part. After close to 70 pages and 5 years I think it is fair to hang it up. Especially if the file was essentially corrupt, making a it unduly cumbersome to update or even play the game... Maybe one day we will get a proper farewell post with what the plan was for the ending.