[WIP] Zulabar Vale - Jungle-Themed Park

• 17 replies
[WIP] Zulabar Vale - Jungle-Themed Park
« on: July 15, 2016, 03:47 AM »

Travel to an ancient and forgotten land where awaits you a vast jungle waiting to be explored. Be warned, this adventure is not for the faint of heart. Many dangers await those who dare venture into Zulabar, including vicious animals, an ancient empire of bloodthirsty trolls trolls, and merciless pirates.

Planned sections:

Troll City [name undecided]: An abandoned ancient troll empire which will feature a B&M floorless and a temple dark ride.

Heart of the Jungle: The central section of the park, with lots of thick jungle and rugged terrain. Attractions will include a B&M invert and a treehouse town.

The Cape of Zulabar: The eastern section along the coastline. Not sure about attractions. I think it will mainly be focused on the view moreso than the rides.

Buccaneer's Bay: A pirate town located on the southeast coast. Will include a bar and a pirate ship flatride, not sure what else yet.

Safari (perhaps in a savannah setting)

Without further ado, here are some pictures:

A view of the entrance and park sign.

Ticket booths and turnstyles.

The entrance plaza, featuring guest services, bathrooms, and a gift shop. The placeholder map featured in this picture is a map of World of Warcraft's Stranglethorn Vale, my main source of inspiration for this project.

A fountain and planter just past the buildings. The bridge in the background will lead to the heart of the jungle, while the stone steps on the left will lead to the troll city. The path to the right will go to Buccaneer's Bay and the cape of Zulabar.

Here's a night shot

And lastly an overview of the park so far.

Stay tuned for Heart of the Jungle!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:51 AM by Happybikini »

Re: [WIP] Zulabar Vale - Jungle-Themed Park
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 03:56 AM »
Looks great!  Looking forward to see more!
keep it up!  ;)

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 11:02 AM »
This looks brilliant so far! I love the jungle theme, can't wait to see where you go with it.

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 03:25 PM »
Very nicely themed, I really love the ground (yeah, I always take a look at the grounds).
I was wondering, when people bought tickets, where do they leave the queue? Or should they just walk back through the queue? :P

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline Tornado96

• Fire is the element of Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 07:53 PM »
So much Potential for this park. I love the ruins look you've got going so far, especially since you've kind of made a ruined "main street". Very nice touch.  :)

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 06:34 PM »
Very nice so far, a great use of Adventure scenery, I like your choice of pavement and the diagonal buildings give the area that "off-grid"look.

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 02:47 AM »
A park majoring in Pat's Temple CS.  Unique!  :up:

Offline sam_

• I tend to change, that's nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 02:08 PM »
This is so cool. It's been a while since i've seen an entire park built off a few selected building sets. I hope to see more :mad:up: ;)

Offline toofpikk

• I am this forums noob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 05:33 PM »
This looks really good, excellent use of the different temple sets!

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 08:28 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone! I've started work on Heart of the Jungle:

After crossing the bridge to Heart of the Jungle, guests enter a large circular area, at the center of which is the park's first ride: Serpent's Slither.

Rock climbing wall.

Here guests can stop for a quick bite to eat at a burger stand.

And here it is, the park's first roller coaster. Jungle Stalker is a B&M invert featuring a 105 foot drop, four inversions, and a tunnel.

A view up Jungle Stalker's lift hill, which rest on a large hill.

The curved drop plummets riders straight into a pit.

After dropping into the pit riders enter a a vertical loop.

Next comes a zero-G roll passing under a rope bridge.

Riders then pass through a tunnel, exiting above a lake.

The train enters a corkscrew before hitting the brake run.

An overview (sort of, haha, hard to take pics through the foliage) of the coaster.

And finally some night shots:

Very nicely themed, I really love the ground (yeah, I always take a look at the grounds).
I was wondering, when people bought tickets, where do they leave the queue? Or should they just walk back through the queue? :P

Spoiler (hover to show)

Thanks, gotta love alpha paths. And that's a good point.. I deleted one of the fence pieces on the side to make an exit.

Next up I will be working on the tree-house town and then a rapids ride. That should be it for Heart of the Jungle.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 07:58 PM by Happybikini »

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 12:00 AM »
I really like the rope bridge over the coaster - though I'm assuming people aren't allowed to cross it otherwise Health&Safety might have a heart attack! The climbing wall is a cool idea too

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 11:02 AM »
I really like the rope bridge over the coaster - though I'm assuming people aren't allowed to cross it otherwise Health&Safety might have a heart attack! .....

Perhaps Happybikini would consider that Health & Safety would be less dissatisfied with the rope bridge if the park manager put coaster nets over the track beneath the bridge.

Offline Tornado96

• Fire is the element of Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 01:40 AM »
The invert looks great. These terrain inverts have been really popular lately, which I'm pretty stoked about because its so interesting seeing how people circumvent the terrain. Struggling to see where it is in relation to the rest of the park though?

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 03:14 AM »
Thanks for the comments everyone!

@twigletqueen Thanks! I wish there were more CSO packs with different rope bridges, but assembling them seems to work as well. And yes, the rope bridge is just for display.

@FlightToAtlantis Thanks! I actually don't know what coasternets are. I always thought they were for lift hills.

@Tornado96 Thanks! I just wish it was easier to make decent looking terrain in RCT3 that doesn't look like needles coming out of the ground. I'm posting an overview in this update which should clear up the confusion about where the coaster is.

Here's an overview of the park so far so you can see where everything's positioned:

I've decided to postpone work on the rapids until later. I've finished the treehouse town:

A series of rope bridges leads up to the treehouses above.

At the very top of the town is the park's first restaurant - Treehouse Teahouse (logos coming soon). Enjoy a relaxing cup of tea and an excellent view from either the front or back balcony.

The treehouse town is also home to a gift shop.

I've also finished the entrance to the lost troll city, which will be the next section of the park I'll work on. Here are some teasers:

The next update will include the park's second coaster: Witch Doctor, a B&M floorless.

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 10:40 AM »
The treehouses are awesome!

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 11:48 AM »
This is looking so good, keep it up :D

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 07:53 PM »
Wow, two wonderful updates! :w00t: I love the way Jungle Stalker fits the terrain and scenery so well. Love to see a POV! And the treehouse village, well, that's just brilliant. :love:

Offline JimmyG

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 06:05 PM »
That looks amazing with all the walkways and huts in the trees, awesome!