Cities: Skylines - General Discussion Thread

• 204 replies

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cities: Skylines - General Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2016, 11:33 AM »
Hey guys, finally got a new desktop computer built. Compared to playing this on my Asus laptop, which could play it but it was getting pretty hot and laggy. But now with a GTX 970 liquid cooling, and i7 6700 4GHZ, SSD I am ready to really start playing this! Hopefully, the lag will decrease, but I am aware that anti aliasing will still suck, unless you use dynamic resolution mod.
Wagibear "It is entirely possible that Atari will attend in a different way than as a exhibitor. Someone may park their van outside the Convention Center entrance with a big Atari RCTw banner draped in the front window.  Or maybe Mattlab will dress in a trenchcoat and approuch anyone with a PRESS badge and whisper  "Psst!  Hey, wanna see a new video game?"... "

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2016, 04:35 PM »
There's actually the Post process fx mod which has an anti-aliasing-like feature which is much, much more resourse friendly. I recommend that one.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2016, 06:12 PM »
^ Excellent thank you FlyingDutchman7!
Wagibear "It is entirely possible that Atari will attend in a different way than as a exhibitor. Someone may park their van outside the Convention Center entrance with a big Atari RCTw banner draped in the front window.  Or maybe Mattlab will dress in a trenchcoat and approuch anyone with a PRESS badge and whisper  "Psst!  Hey, wanna see a new video game?"... "

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2016, 01:23 PM »
New update: version 1.4 has come live with extra landscaping tools!

Free update with new landscaping tools coming out today! Let's first see how it looks:

Check out that canal!

Flood walls can be placed freely. Here they are next to a highway.

Last week we went over the new features and today we should look into what else this patch brings along. Not only did we work on the water structures and landscaping tools but also tried to fix as many bugs as we could as well as work on improvements. Similar work will continue during the spring, so please don't give into despair even if the most annoying bug for you hasn't been looked into yet.

We have gotten a lot of requests about the road elevation being too steep. Therefore the roads, paths, tunnels and tracks now have a new button in the Option panel where you can select snapping and straight or curve type. The button has 3 states and can be used to cycle through 3 preset heights for the elevation step when using page up and page down. This will give a little bit more precision to laying those roads. Placing of the dams should also get slightly easier with the terrain topography visible in the build view.

The theme editor got some bugs fixes, like the water normal for a theme not getting saved and the grass colour offset values not getting updated. There's also improved error handling for mods that break and disable other mods. We really hope this will make it easier for players to find broken mods after an update. On top of that we fixed a ton of localization bugs and other smaller issues. Read the full patch notes at the end of the post.

I want to thank all the community members for providing us invaluable feedback and rooting us to continue developing Cities: Skylines forward :)

We have a couple of days off because of Easter and later next week I will be rather busy representing at some local events. Therefore I'll skip the word next week and get back to you in April. In the meanwhile remember to Praise the Chirper to win tickets to visit us here in Tampere.

Happy Easter and I really hope you enjoy the update!

Cheers,
Mariina

1.4.0-f3

Landscaping tools - Tools to edit terrain heights (Shift, Level, Smooth, Slopes), 3 brush sizes and 3 strengths are available in the option bar.
    Paths - Paths were moved from Decorations to Landscaping Paths
    Trees - Trees were moved from the Props Decorations group to Landscaping Trees
    Rocks - Added rocks objects
    Water Structures - contains Floodwalls, Quays and Canals

Decoration service renamed to Parks&Plazas
    Parks - The Standard parks
    Plazas - The Plazas style parks
    Others parks - The parks which don't belong in the 2 categories above
    Tourism & Leisure - After Dark DLC only, contains all the park assets from After Dark
    Winter Parks - Snowfall DLC only, contains all the park assets from Snowfall and only shows if you are in a Winter map

New categories for Unique Buildings
    The Environment panel of the Map editor now contains several terrain props such as ruined/abandoned buildings and rocks.
    The roads, paths, tunnels and tracks now have a new button in the Option panel where you can select snapping and straight or curve type. The button has 3 states and can be used to cycle through 3 preset heights for the elevation step when using page up and page down.
    New steam achievements implemented
    Default maps updated with new environment props
    Dam placement shows terrain topography

Blurry cliff textures improved
    Fixed: Expansion 2: Text: SPA/FRE/RUS : In-Game: Line color will overlap the Line Name in the Public Transport - Lines detail window.
    Fixed: PDX Accounts creation lacks countries (Montenegro added).
    Fixed: Suggestion: Expansion 2: UI: The Lines Detail panel could be easier to access.
    Fixed: Suggestion: Expansion 2: UI: The total number of transport lines could be added in the Lines Detail panel.
    Fixed: Asset Editor: You can have two rows of Roads buttons at the same time
    Fixed: Main Menu: Tools: Mouse wheel scroll does not work in the "map theme" selection screen. (Fixed also in theme selections.)
    Fixed: Expansion 1: Design: The Prisoners and Cyclists statistics are displayed in the City Statistic even if the After Dark expansion has not been purchased.
    Fixed: Expansion 2: Public Transport Lines can only be sorted in one direction
    Fixed: Expansion: Design: Vehicles coming out of Cargo Hubs have incorrect path causing looping and traffic issues.
    Fixed: Theme Editor: Changing the water normal for a theme does not get saved
    Fixed: Faulty transition when connecting bicycle path to pavement path
    Fixed: Expansion 2: Theme Editor: Grass color offset values doesn't get updated on the map immediately
    Fixed: Expansion 2: It is difficult to understand the impact of Heating on the budget
    Fixed: Expansion 2: Pathfinding: Sometimes, snow plows and road maintenance vehicles do not complete their work shift and disappear.

Fixed: Expansion 2: "Unsubscribe all" and "disable all" are missing a letter in 1600x900 resolution
    Fixed: Keybinding strings under the Theme Editor tab are unlocalized
    Fixed: Strings regarding themes in New Game and Load Game menus are unlocalized
    Fixed: Text in Asset Editor tab of the Keymapping menu is cut-off in several languages
    Fixed: Several entries in Keymapping \ Asset Editor are unlocalized
    Fixed: Expansion 2: Snowfall map names in the New Game menu are unlocalized in Korean
    Fixed: Expansion 2: Water & Sewage tooltip in Budget menu does not mention Heating.
    Fixed: "Last updated" text overlaps button in several languages in the Content Manager
    Fixed: The "Included in x styles" text does not get updated when switching language settings
    Fixed: LOC: POL: The "Households" text in a district's Info Panel is overlapping with the Population graph.
    Fixed: LOC: ALL: Map Editor: Import and Export Heightmap not localized.
    Fixed: Expansion 2: Some of the new Snowfall props aren't localised in the Asset Editor
    Fixed: Expansion 1: "2x3_Nightclub01" has wrong sort of names
    Fixed: German language - 'Reset Configuration' button is inconsistent (big letters) with other buttons
    Fixed: Gameplay option "dynamic weather" is translated wrong to German
    Fixed: LOC: FRE/POR/RUS/POL/GER: Text: The warning message when changing resolutions is cut-off.
    Fixed: Several non-winter maps in the New Games panel are not localised in any language except English

Modding: Added few serializers for some data types to go into CRPs (DepotAI.SpawnPoint, PropInfo.Effect, BuildingInfo.SubInfo, PropInfo.ParkingSpace, PropInfo.SpecialPlace)
    Modding: Improved error handling for mods causing exceptions during the ILoading interface callbacks and consequently disabling other mods
    Modding: Added profiling ability for custom content loading (using the --enabled-dev-ui toggle, Show loading profile and Show custom content)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:28 PM by FlyingDutchman7 »

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2016, 04:27 AM »
This guy made a video with all the new content, explaining them and show some of it.

I do really like the new features, though I hope they will make a way to make proper bridges above the canals.

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 16, 2016, 06:11 AM »
Just installed Windows 10, the game runs fine but there seem to be a weird problem.

The menus have blocks, but like I said, the game runs fine. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 16, 2016, 06:20 AM »
Do you have mods/assets installed? It's a problem w/ Windows 10. If you go to your graphics settings and change the Vsync option or whatever, it should snap back to normal. I've been dealing with it since After Dark. Hope that helps.

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2016, 07:43 AM »
^ According to someone on Reddit, I had to update my Nvidea driver. I also changed some settings like you said. After I did so, it disappeared. Thanks! 

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2016, 10:24 AM »
And another question from me (I feel such a noob :n00b:)...

Soo, I installed some Map themes, but when I try to use them, they somehow don't work. The game is fine, no crashes or whatsoever. But the themes just won't work.
I know they only work in maps with a certain theme (like a tropical map needs a tropical map theme), but even when I check that, it doesn't work. I even tried to make a new map with a installed map theme, but again, no success.
Anyone who has any idea what this problem might be or how I could fix this?

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2016, 10:32 AM »
Cities: Skylines - Match Day Introduces the Team Spirit to Your Town!

Available for free to all players of Cities:Skylines “Match Day” allows mayor-players to add stadiums to their towns – and comes with all of the benefits and challenges of hosting major sporting events in their citizens’ backyard.

The free “Match Day” DLC includes:
  • A Stadium for your City - Build a stadium in your city and become the home of a major sports franchise
  • Match Day Mechanics: Prepare for increased traffic coming to and from your arena on match day – and reap the rewards from ticket revenue
  • Customize your local team colors
  • New stadium-related policies
  • A New Hat for Chirper (!)

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2016, 03:16 PM »
I just LOVE this game!!!

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2016, 02:36 PM »

Cities: Skylines - Content Creator Pack: Art Deco
Add to your city's style with a pack of new buildings from one of Cities: Skylines' top modders! Matt "Shroomblaze" Crux" has designed a series of Deco-inspired buildings exclusive to this pack, including 6 residential buildings, 6 commercial buildings, and 3 unique buildings.

Proceeds from this pack will be shared with the modder who designed the content. Celebrate the creativity of the Cities: Skylines community with the following buildings:

Unique Buildings

Eddie Kovanago
Pinoa Street
The Majesty
Commercial buildings

Central Hotel
Chirpcinema
Icecream Parlour
Laundromat
Radio Station
Starlight Hotel
Residential buildings

Art Deco Apartments 1
Art Deco Apartments 2
Art Deco House 1
Art Deco House 2
Art Deco House 3
Art Deco House 4

STOCKHOLM - August 24, 2016 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher that knows how to commune with its community, today announced the first downloadable content (DLC) for Cities: Skylines to feature creations from one of the game’s talented modders. The best-selling city-building game Cities: Skylines  has been modified and built upon by aspiring architects, artists, and designers worldwide since its launch in 2015, with over 90,000 pieces of community-created content now available on Steam Workshop. Paradox will soon publish its first official DLC featuring exclusively assets created by a community contributor, and share the benefits from the pack’s sales with the content creator.

The first pack, titled “Content Creator Pack: Art Deco,” will include a selection of Deco-inspired buildings from community creator Matt “Shroomblaze” Crux.  These buildings are new and original creations created by Crux, exclusive to the Art Deco pack, and Crux will receive a share of revenue from their sale in addition to an initial payment from Paradox to cover the cost of production. Other community creators will be highlighted in upcoming packs planned for the near future.

“After over 3,400 hours in Cities: Skylines, it’s wonderful to have my own buildings become part of the game’s landscape,” said Matt Crux, the modder behind the Art Deco pack. “Because the Art Deco era is so highly regarded as one of the best building styles of history, I think it needs to be represented as such. I made the suggestion to Paradox Interactive and they allowed me to come up with the buildings of my choice. I’m eager to see what the rest of the community thinks of them.”

Content Creator Pack: Art Deco will be available for Cities: Skylines players next week for $4.99 . For more information on Cities: Skylines, please visit www.citiesskylines.com/.

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2016, 12:32 PM »
I'm torn on this announcement. I want to support Paradox and Shroomblaze, but at the same time, I'm worried that a lot of the great content creators will stop offering their stuff free-of-charge. I don't want to be nickled-and-dimed every time I want to download some new, great content. Hopefully the creators that get featured will continue to develop free assets. I know that probably sounds greedy, but $5 here, $5 there adds up quick!

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2016, 05:00 PM »
I agree with you. But, this pack is nowhere near necessary and it doesn't offer many extra's. You should therefore simply look at it like supporting Shroomblaze (and Paradox and Steam of course).
I'm not buying it. I'm okay with all the free buildings.

Note: Colossal Order had absolutely nothing to do with this. This all went through Paradox.

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2017, 01:47 AM »
Update 1.8.0 is out!

Good day to all of you lovely City Builders out there! We're less than two hours away from the release of Cities: Skylines - Concerts! Whether you're ready to throw up the horns or not though of course does not mean you shall go empty handed! Here are the full patch notes for today's patch which should be released in roughly one hour! Hope you like it!

1.8.0-f3

Paid content Concerts mini-expansion
Concerts mini-expansion
Festival management mechanics
Festival policies
Upgradable Festival Area
Three animated Festival bands
New Radio station
Chirper Hat
Free update for all players and DLCs owners
Cities Skylines base game
Content Manager Overhaul
Sort assets by
Active state
Update date
File location
Choose order of sorting: ascending/descending
List sorted by name by default
Assets can be selected by clicking them
Select all / Deselect all allows user to select or deselect currently filtered assets
Enable all / Disable all now affect only selected assets
Unsubscribe All button allows user to unsubscribe selected assets in Steam Workshop tab.
Multiple search terms can be used to filter the asset list by separating them with comma
Asset filtering by Steam tag: prefixing a search term with "t:" can be used to search for steam tags
Added "snap to all" option to Snap Settings Panel
Fixed: Pathfind causing problems with multiple policies
Added scrollbar to overflowing asset importer template category tab buttons
Content manager optimization: fixed saves with large amount of custom assets causing hanging
Fixed: Cut off text in What's new panel in KO
Fixed: Missing 'Load Scenario' localization when loading scenario in all languages except EN
Fixed: Missing translation for ''Toggle Traffic Routes View'' tooltip in road infopanel
Fixed: Citizen Modding: Cow and Pig model are turned 90 degrees clockwise in the preview window
Fixed: Issues with bulldozing and construction sounds
Added keymapping support for pressing the following buttons: Toggle Snapping Menu, Change Elevation Step, Toolmode Button 1-4
Traffic routes info view does not show bicycles for players who don't own After Dark
Fixed: Quickly pressing the "Esc" key multiple times, while opening a sub menu of the Pause Menu with the mouse, causes a soft lock
Fixed: The values displayed in the Transport view cannot be lower than 9 per week if it previously exceeded that number
Fixed: When the user removes the critical status on a building that has no road access, the road access status will be missing
Fixed: Multiple instances of a building can be placed at the same spot
Fixed: Some Unique Buildings do not follow the Alphabetical display order in Asset Editor
Fixed: Power lines, train and tram line tracks cables are unaffected by the fog
Fixed: Elevating terrain and using the undo feature leaves behind some remnants in Map and Scenario Editor
Fixed: Sometimes when opening the options menu and closing it with escape will result in a softlock
Fixed: The mouse pointer does not change into an excavator when bulldozing pipes
Fixed: The Water Tower's Info Panel description contains unclear information
Fixed: Wrong resolution appears in the drop-down menu when changing from the default to the highest when in windowed mode
Fixed: Russian text in Options \ Keymapping \ Map Editor goes out of bounds
Fixed: Eden Project description says that it "removes" pollution rather than "decreasing" it
Fixed: The "Zoned Buildings Distribution" text in a district's Info Panel is cut off in PL, ES and PT
Fixed: Two brushes can be highlighted at once in Map Editor
Fixed: It is possible to have Min values higher than the Max and vice versa in Theme Editor World Properties
Fixed: Maps downloaded from the Steam Workshop that are then imported and saved by the user do not appear in the Save Map panel
Fixed: It is sometimes possible to bulldoze roads outside of city limits
Fixed: Public Transport lines are not shown inside tunnels
Fixed: Buildings with "Operating at a reduced rate" text, overlap the info panel when playing with RU
Fixed: Sometimes, the No Road Access icon is not displayed when a Service Building no longer has access to any road
Fixed: Overlapping PL text of policies names under Big Town milestone
Fixed: The textures of the Landfill and Snow Dump become corrupted when viewed from afar after first importing its model
Fixed: Ships can travel on land and through dam
Fixed: Scenario Editor condition 'City Value' unclear
Keyboard shortcuts for changing road elevation / switching between over- and underground (page up / down) also switch between overand
underground mode for bulldozer
Garbage facilities show different stats based on how they work
Fixed: KO missing spaces between characters
Fixed: Cargo Train Terminal not working when build next to road with bicycle lanes
Fixed: Opening the settings menu while holding down the Free Camera keybinding causes the title to soft-lock
Fixed: Landscaping does not return cash or soil to original state when pressing Ctrl-Z in-game mode
Fixed: Keybindings are still active in-game, behind the save game pop-up
Fixed: Low contrast between red color and black text on "Adult" stat in district info panel
Fixed: Changing the Size of the Content Manager window causes the Last Updated text and Delete button to randomly change location
for some content
Fixed: Some Electricity generator buildings do not require water to function despite needing workers
Fixed: The use of an article is inconsistent for the service buildings' Info Panel description
Fixed: 'Custom assets/mods used: x' text overlaps 'Delete' button in Content Manager and is missing value of assets/mods in RU
Fixed: Cut off 'Subscribe to All' button text in PL in Content Manager
Fixed: Cut off 'Share' button text in PT in Content Manager
Fixed: City garbage service building stats going out of panel in DE, ES, FR, PL, PT and RU
Fixed: Some buildings (Wind Turbines, Adv. Wind Turbines) disappear from the screen when zoom out
Fixed: When placing power plant on non-electrificated area, its illumination/lights don't turn on until visiting an infoview
Fixed: When creating a style it can only be renamed once before the user needs to restart the game to rename it again
Fixed: New Game Custom Theme Dropdown Selector does not update immediately after enabling/disabling Themes in Content Manager
Fixed: Custom building assets containing sub buildings causing long loading times. Requires resaving assets.
Slightly reduced all custom asset file sizes. Requires resaving assets.

After Dark expansion
Fixed: Fishing Tours and Jet Ski Rentals effects seems unbalanced
Fixed: The 1x1_beach_Restaurant2 have incorrect names
Fixed: The "Harsh Prison Sentences" policy is inconsistent with its description

Snowfall expansion
Snowfall DLC icons are shown next to Snowfall builtin maps in new game panel
Added 'Priority Road' option for standalone Tram tracks
Natural Disasters expansion
Fixed: Fire Helicopter description text overflow the window and cover Water and Electricity usage in RU
Fixed: Small Emergency Shelter long description text overflow the window and cover Water and Electricity usage in RU
Fixed: Large Emergency Shelter long description text overflow the window and cover Water and Electricity usage in RU
Fixed: Tank Reservoir long description text overflow the window and cover Water and Electricity usage in ES
Fixed: Cut off Natural Disasters scenarios description in KO
Fixed: Overlapping Disaster Response Unit short description in building info panel in RU
Fixed: Overlapping Firewatch Tower short description in building info panel in RU
Fixed: Overlapping Earthquake Sensor short description in building info panel in RU
Fixed: Occlusion issue when panning the camera up while looking at a tornado
Fixed: Placing disaster trigger outside city area in the Scenario Editor makes camera jump to disaster location in-game
Fixed: Often, the helicopter AI follows the same pattern for multiple helicopters
Fixed: Citizens are leaving shelters during a disaster
Fixed: Rotating a Disaster in the Scenario Editor over the tooltip makes it disappear

Mass Transit expansion
Fixed: Missing Clark Cable and Cables Galore achievements updated description text translation
Fixed: Unable to trigger TUTORIAL_TEXT[RoadNamesOpen]
Fixed: Cut off Mass Transit scenarios description in KO
Fixed: Overlapping Ferry Depot short description in building info panel in RU
Fixed: Ferry Depot long description text overflow the window and cover Water and Electricity usage in RU
Fixed: Ferry Stop short description text overflow building info panel in RU
Fixed: [BlimpLine] tutorial title is too long and goes out of the text frame in DE, ES and RU
Fixed: Clipping highway props on two-lanes highways with sound barriers
Fixed: Intercity trains going to the monorail-train-metro-hub show "confused" status
Fixed: "Steve" for road naming achievement in ZH in not translated
Match Day mini-expansion
Fixed: Rebuild button in Stadium Info Panel is not localized in any language other than English

The new DLC:

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2017, 12:41 PM »
This doesn't look like the Cities: Skylines I played when it first came out. :o
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2017, 10:56 AM »
And that's without mods. Imagine what you can do with mods!

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2017, 06:56 PM »
Hey, using real pictures is cheat- wait, that's the game?

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2017, 11:57 AM »
Digging the new dlc. A lot of new buildings, and again the mods these days!  :scared: :love:

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 11, 2018, 07:32 AM »
Of you haven't for people into realism. Two asset makers of the name of Kollati and ChianMingDang have been making realistic draggable power lines, based off of ones in real life.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 25, 2018, 07:00 PM »
I haven't seen this mentioned here yet, but, uh... there's new DLC released now. It adds parks. Yes, that includes amusement parks - certainly no Planet Coaster, but it looks pretty good considering the game's focused on cities. Also, there's zoos and stuff! Here's their trailer.

Steam reviews are positive. I haven't really bought into Cities Skylines DLC because I haven't played it for a while - and Paradox has eaten all my non-Planet Coaster DLC money already with Crusader Kings - but this one seems pretty substantial, and I might get it if I get back into the game.

« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2019, 07:21 PM »
Trying to take a break from what "seemed" like unplayable issues with Planet Coaster, I turned to this game.  Now I can say Planet Coaster is literally a walk in the park.

Every time I loaded up this game a new and exciting different bug occurred, sometimes without making any changes whatsoever.  All of the "must-have" mods seem to be incompatible with each other or incompatible with developer patches, but the game loses interest quickly without them.  I spent more time in the last 2 weeks locating and uninstalling broken mods than I did playing the game.

It takes nearly a half hour to load a file (even if it's blank) and even a good 20 minutes to exit the game, assuming it hasn't already crashed first.  I don't think I was able to play for more than 2 hours at a time in the entire 2 weeks.  I don't even know what a skyline looks like in this game as I can never get past about 8000 people before my high-end video card starts to give out. 

Better than the last Simcity?  Sure, but that's not saying much.  Being a better game doesn't matter much when it doesn't work.

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2019, 10:36 AM »
Better than the last Simcity?  Sure, but that's not saying much.  Being a better game doesn't matter much when it doesn't work.
That's probably because you've added all those mods. Without mods it works great and sincerly is much better than Sim_bleh_city.

With mods though, you're right: I feel blessed that the 100,000 pop-city I've been working on the past year is still operating and I can still work on it, even though I frequently hit the prop limit. It takes some 15 minutes to load, but it's great fun working on such a big city.
There's great tables out there that show all incompatible/broken mods. It's not always easy to circumvent them or to find a set of compatible mods, but I apparently manage to do it.

It might help downloading the set of mods of a YT creator (one created after the last game update) and starting from there. You'd be sure all mods are compatible. If the game breaks, you're sure it's one of the mods you just added.

« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2019, 07:34 PM »
Thanks, Dutch.  SimCity lasted two days in my house and was never touched again.  So yeah, vanilla CS is much better.  But CS with mods is the game I want to play, some of them are really must-have.  And at this point (two weeks after my last post) I think I've found the mix of what can work together to some degree of stability.  The biggest culprit turned out not to be a mod at all but a set of house assets that made everything on the map disappear sporadically.  Biggest advice I can give is read the comments of every mod or asset you subscribe to, because if something that was formerly working suddenly breaks it will show up in a recent comment.

I'm up to 40,000 now and it does take 15 minutes to load, almost as long to unload.  Framerate is decent and I found some cool mods that really improve the graphics.  So now I'm trying to learn how to build the details, and I imagine that will buy me a few more weeks of interest in city building vs. park building.

Incidentally, do you have any of your builds online, a youtube channel or something?  I watched one of Masked Bandits CS videos but I'd really love to see what other people from the coaster community are doing with this game...

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2019, 11:53 PM »
No, I don’t have a build online. I’m almost finished with my city though. I’ll post it on the forums when it’s ready.