How to add screenshots to your posts.

• 3 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
How to add screenshots to your posts.
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:16 PM »
I've noticed some newer members don't know how to add screenshots to their posts. Hopefully, this will help.

You first need to find a file hosting site to store your pictures. One popular site is Imgur. This tutorial will show you one way to add screenshots from Imgur to your posts. I would expect this method to work with other file hosting sites as well.

Right click on the screenshot you want to post in the forums. Click on "Copy Image Location".

Paste the link in your post. (Cntrl V) Then, highlight the link and click on the "Insert Image" icon.

That will automatically add the image tags to your link, and it will now show up properly.

If this doesn't work for you, or you have another way to do this (for Imgur or any other site) feel free to post here.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
Re: How to add screenshots to your posts.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Also note as a shortcut, you can click to copy the BBC code which has the img tags already.

'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 05:03 AM »
Good tutorial! I know for those who use tinypic also has a forum code that can just be copied and pasted into the text box on SGW.

Online JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 07:39 PM »
I'm planning on posting an animated GIF here at SGW soon (less than 1MB). What Imgur code do I use? Just the usual BBCode for images?

EDIT: Okay. It's now a week later and I went ahead and posted the animated GIF. The answer to my question above, if anyone else ever needs to know, is YES. You just copy the regular BBCode from Imgur, like you would for any image. :up:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:22 PM by JB »