Official Planet Coaster Discussion Thread

• 3399 replies

Offline Toborg123

• Celebrating The RCT Community
    • View Profile
    • Toborg Productions
Re: Official Planet Coaster Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2015, 05:19 AM »
Does anyone know the song that was in the video? I actually really like that song and it tied in perfectly with the the theme they presented.  :P
Finally back after an unexpectedly long hiatus!

Offline R-Furz

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2015, 05:57 AM »
Here it is:

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2015, 03:14 PM »
Heck no. An in-game recorder that actually renders a smooth footage no matter your PC config instead of capturing the lag is mandatory! RCT's lag was never a bug. ;)
Absolutely. I want to be able to capture the highest quality video possible and fraps is not gonna cut it for most people. They could possibly make it a bit quicker but the RCT3 recorder was brilliant. Maybe a better interface to make it easier to use could be put into place though!

Offline R-R Ltd.

• Arr-Arr Ltd.
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2015, 01:28 AM »
Here it is:

*video cut*

Aw I thought that song was made for the video but it does not seem that way at all. Still it is Lady Antebellum and the song is great none the less.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:32 AM by R-R Ltd. »
"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Offline Silvarret

• An empowered and informed member of society
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2015, 03:14 AM »
Aw I thought that song was made for the video but it does not seem that way at all. Still it is Lady Antebellum and the song is great none the less.

I think that actually does say something. The fact that you (and I'll be honest, so did I at first) thought the music was made for the trailer shows how well picked it is. The music fits the trailer perfectly in my opinion - it has a great uplifting atmosphere and cheerful lyrics, and it plays a huge role in the impact the trailer makes; watching it with the music turned off isn't quite the same.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2015, 07:47 AM »

This deal worries me. Frontier, I know you want to thank those who are willing to pay you 750 usd [476 gbp] or 500 gpb [787 usd] but they have done nothing for my park and I see no reason that you should force them into my park. Forcing stuff into parks is bad.

Also, being a visitor is ten times cheaper than being a worker? That doesn't seem right.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 07:50 AM by CoastersPaul »

Offline R-Furz

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2015, 10:49 AM »
^ Funny things, those things exist for real in front of the Disney parks:

Aw I thought that song was made for the video but it does not seem that way at all.
So did I!

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2015, 01:28 PM »
^ Funny things, those things exist for real in front of the Disney parks:
Do those exist in front of many parks, as well as colleges and historical locations? Sure. But it's not as if it's the same people's names in every park!   :P

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2015, 02:57 PM »
Those could technically be placed outside the entrance, where you cannot build, yes? I don't think it'd be a big deal. I actually think it's pretty cool.

Also, anyone buying any of the pre-order stuff? I was thinking about doing the beta deal. I'm guessing the beta will be out around the time RCTW releases since Planet is set for 2016.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 03:33 PM by Drowning|Star »

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2015, 03:37 PM »
After TPS I just can't quite bring myself to shell out $70 just for the beta on Planet Coaster.  I'll pre-order just the regular game.

Offline RTRC

• Even rocks can break bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2015, 03:54 PM »
Well, it seems custom paths that cover the existing paths will be a popular CS item to download. Not popular to the 5 people that paid $750, but popular nonetheless.

Offline Liam.

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2015, 04:50 PM »
I don't preoder as a point of precedence.

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2015, 08:23 PM »
I agree honestly, I was just curious. Although, I think we can all agree this had a bit more promise than anything we have seen so far. I'm quite fond of the art style, it looks very fun and cheery as it should!

Offline slangava

• shyguy's World is exceedingly pleasant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2015, 06:39 AM »
I'm just wondering if they will go down the same route as other games where all new DLC has to be paid for. It could get expensive.
The voices in my headphones made me do it.

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2015, 07:41 AM »
I'm just wondering if they will go down the same route as other games where all new DLC has to be paid for. It could get expensive.

Making games is very expensive - no doubt they'll expansion packs and DLC to expand the features and to earn some money off of it. Frontier are a company that dedicates itself on creating the best experience and puts all of their resources into making games as good as they can be first time around (unlike these companies who release sequels each year).
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline slangava

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2015, 08:00 AM »
Making games is very expensive - no doubt they'll expansion packs and DLC to expand the features.

Which is to be expected, but what if they choose to make each ride or even CSOs pay to play such as some Train Sims or even to a certain degree with their own Elite. My point is, if they do this then the chance of being able to have third party content is nil. I'm no skinflint and happily pay up but what made RCT3 for me was the 'retro' rides which I just don't see being part of this game.
Saying that, just to be able to build a park bigger than the local travelling fair would be a sheer novelty.  ::)

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2015, 10:19 AM »
Honestly I don't get the vibe that Frontier is aiming to do that. Sure, I bet there will be expansions but I see them more presented in a fashion resembling Soaked or Wild. What you're describing sounds like something I'd expect atari to do, since they've already been kinda doing that.

Offline RTRC

• Even rocks can break bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2015, 05:04 PM »
After watching Atari set off just about every single mine in the mine field when trying to make their game, I don't think Frontier will try to pull anything.

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2015, 09:59 AM »
After watching Atari set off just about every single mine in the mine field when trying to make their game, I don't think Frontier will try to pull anything.
We can only hope.

Offline hooky

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2015, 10:18 PM »
I don't preoder as a point of precedence.
Exactly. Just look at Assassin's Creed Unity and Arkham Knight's PC release.

Offline sfy

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2015, 12:32 PM »
hmmm.......why are none of the pictures from http://www.planetcoaster.com/ posted in here?
well worth stopping by that site and checking out some of the pictures, and the 3D viewer for the Giga Coaster, Mind Bender and Park Guests
Soon the Super Karate Monkey Deathcar would park in my stall

Offline Toborg123

• Celebrating The RCT Community
    • View Profile
    • Toborg Productions
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2015, 12:51 PM »
I think some of these have already appeared, but here a comprehensive index of the photos on their site! Please check out http://www.planetcoaster.com/ as well as it has some awesome extras!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:56 PM by Toborg123 »
Finally back after an unexpectedly long hiatus!

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2015, 04:53 PM »
I'm curious to see what the guys over at Planet are gonna share next with the new RCTW screens being revealed. I'd really like to see an in game shot of some kind.

Offline Boston

• YOU CAN'T ESCAPE! my lustful gaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2015, 05:08 PM »
Well, it looks cartoony as hell. But when you compare these shots (a few of them look like they could be extremely close to in-game [talkin bout 2,4,5,7]) to the one RCTW screenshot that was just released, this game appears to have the it factor, and charm falling out the ass.

I mean, just look at that shot with the clouds in the form of a roller coaster! I know I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, but I really think that out of all the games coming out, this one has the best chance of being RCT3's successor.

Offline Gravity

• Oh, hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2015, 06:39 PM »
I agree completely with Boston.  Everything we've seen so far of Planet Coaster is fluff.  It's pretty fluff.  Charming fluff.  Cute as eff fluff.

But, how does it actually play?  Holding judgement on this, and everything else right now, until I see actual gameplay.
something something something dark side...?

Offline R-R Ltd.

• Arr-Arr Ltd.
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2015, 12:01 AM »
I agree with wanting to see gameplay but not everything is fluff. I don't remember where I read it but they said that the models were all from the game to at least give people an idea of what to expect.
"Around here, however, we don't look back for very long. We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2015, 12:28 AM »
It looks fun to play from what we've seen, even if some of it is fluff. Thats the problem I have with TPS and that screen of RCTW. They look bland, where as this has personality and a creative look. Its gotta look good and feel good and so far it definitely looks pretty freakin good.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:22 PM by Drowning|Star »

Offline slangava

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2015, 02:35 AM »
I agree with wanting to see gameplay but not everything is fluff. I don't remember where I read it but they said that the models were all from the game to at least give people an idea of what to expect.

Models may be from the game but if you scrutinise the short video that LightGrenade posted, the game physics look wrong. Watch the section 0.06 - 0.08. It doesn't look right somehow so I'm guessing this is not in-game footage. I'm not saying that it is misrepresentation but I suppose we are all going to be suspicious given the last few years.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 02:36 AM by slangava »

Offline Nolfy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2015, 05:13 AM »
It's all to give us a first impression of the game. The short coaster clip which is just a background video on their website is not in-game footage. They never said it was.

We can easily assume it is made with in-game assets, but was finished off with video editing. I would think it was something that was made for the trailer, but didn't make it in the trailer.

What we know so far:
- Build in Frontier's own COBRA engine (used for games like RCT3, Elite Dangerous, Kinectimals,...)
- They know the fans and know what works and won't work. Made a lot of similar games.
- The game will be adorable and supposed to be friendly and not going to be a mature game
- The video's we have seen are not gameplay as that’s only just starting to come together, but the reveal uses game models so you can get a feel for the cheery style
- possibly different experiences depending on coaster train length and where the riders choose to sit (think about the ride difference when you sit in the front or in the back of a coaster)
- Share coaster designs with others and build connected “villages” of parks. Also other online game aspects will be introduced in the next months

Some links to articles from my post @ Planet Coaster forum to read full articles:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/elite-dangerous-developers-talk-to-ars-about-planet-coaster/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/19/planet-coaster/
hhttp://www.polygon.com/2015/6/22/8825441/planet-coaster-is-getting-ready-for-a-big-ride
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:16 AM by Nolfy »

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2015, 05:51 AM »
Wow. Planet Coaster is actually starting to fall behind in terms of keeping the world updated compared to RCTW. I never thought this would happen just a few weeks ago.