Official Planet Coaster Discussion Thread

• 3353 replies

Offline Toborg123

• Celebrating The RCT Community
    • View Profile
    • Toborg Productions
Re: Official Planet Coaster Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2015, 09:58 AM »
I think that's because Planet Coaster is not expected out until next year, whereas RCT World is already past its promised date of "early 2015." For the next 3-6 months I expect Planet Coaster information and updates will be sparodic until the marketing kicks into full swing prior to release.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:26 AM by Toborg123 »
Finally back after an unexpectedly long hiatus!

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2015, 12:50 PM »
Yeah, and I feel we'll get a little something from GamesCom.

Offline brokeit

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2015, 10:13 AM »
I was expecting some news today. Does anyone know if it may still come?

They release info about an Elite:Dangerous expansion so I assumed they would follow up with something about Planet Coaster soon after, but nothing so far.

Offline Nolfy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2015, 10:35 AM »
I was expecting some news today. Does anyone know if it may still come?

They release info about an Elite:Dangerous expansion so I assumed they would follow up with something about Planet Coaster soon after, but nothing so far.

Uwe at Frontier forum posted this link from German website: http://www.giga.de/spiele/planet-coaster/videos/gamescom-2015-planet-coaster-besser-als-rollercoaster-tycoon-world/
Very interesting!

- No RCTW to be found on Gamescom is his first line.
- Great graphics (he saw models).
- Graphics are not photo realistic, but are like the RCT3 cartoon style with realistic approach. Difficult to judge without any footage for us. I quote: "Interactive pixar movie that takes place in an amusement park"
- great face expressions on park guests

Offline brokeit

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2015, 11:16 AM »
"Interactive pixar movie that takes place in an amusement park"

That basically confirms what the trailer showed us. I still had big doubts that the actual in-game guests would really look like that, but I'm very excited now that they just might! :) I guess I just really liked that style they had going. Can't wait for more news!

« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2015, 04:28 PM »
Tad disappointed we didn't at least get a small look at the game. RCTW is doing a great job at keeping the community involved and up to date. This is probably because they have to erase the image of the previous game that was being created, but it still would have been nice to see something! I am still very excited though.

Offline Nolfy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2015, 04:34 AM »
Concept screenshots (and some from trailer)!

I am all for realism, but i really like this cartoony fun style with a realistic approach. I like the concept images.

Also another German article: http://www.pcgames.de/Planet-Coaster-Spiel-55772/News/gamescom-Vorschau-1167285/

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2015, 05:11 AM »
The one thing I don't like is that burger stand. Well, I like it, but I don't think it belongs in serious parks. I hope we'll have more generic food stalls or some other way to make proper restaurants.

Offline Liam.

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2015, 06:35 AM »
I've realized something, given that this game's original teasing honeymoon period has died down. I've yet to see any kind of structure, there's very little that doesn't look plopped or placed down, each object looks to be its own entity rather than a sum of all parts. Perhaps that's to come, but being able to build ins one of the key aspects of RCT3, so I'd be extremely disappointed to lose the architectural aspect of the theme park genre in a trade-off for better coaster construction.

Offline Boston

• YOU CAN'T ESCAPE! my lustful gaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2015, 01:03 PM »
Well, the biggest issue I have is that the employee at the burger stand is just handing the guy a burger... without a tray and while not wearing gloves

UNREALISTIC

WILL NOT BUY

Offline Gravity

• Oh, hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2015, 01:39 PM »
It's pretty and all, but it's all screaming 'ploppables' to me.  I have concerns this will be a 2015 update (in graphics only) version of Sim Theme Park.
something something something dark side...?

Offline Gilirion

• I'll have your milksteak, medium cooked, please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2015, 01:45 PM »
Well, the biggest issue I have is that the employee at the burger stand is just handing the guy a burger... without a tray and while not wearing gloves

UNREALISTIC

WILL NOT BUY

Well, what else would you expect from a guy who literally works inside a burger? :P

All jokes aside, the game is looking better and better with each new screenshot (or concept art, in this case). The Vekoma invert models look really nice, and the same goes for pretty much everything else, really. I have no issue with that, although I do agree with Liam about the architectural aspect of it. While I have no doubts that there will be in-game pieces that can be used for building (like in the previous games), I feel that the lack of them in the promos is a bit unsettling. Then again, the game is still in its early (very early) stages of marketing, so I'm sure there'll be something about it in the future.

Plus, there's always the availability of custom content, so either way, I'm sure we'll have custom building options.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:50 PM by Gilirion »

Offline slangava

• shyguy's World is exceedingly pleasant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2015, 04:07 AM »
It's likely that the architectural aspect of the game will be the last to be worked upon so I don't think it's all that surprising that there is little within the screenshots, however, I do agree with the fears about the modular look of the concept art. Is this showing their mindset or is it just to keep us guessing?
The voices in my headphones made me do it.

Offline bswas98

• I am a person who enjoys things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2015, 04:36 PM »
One thing I'm not digging are the over-the-shoulder-restraints. They look blocky and Vekoma SLC's don't even use those kind anymore.
Hyuk!

Offline KrakatoaCoo

• Epic Stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2015, 05:40 PM »
One thing I'm not digging are the over-the-shoulder-restraints. They look blocky and Vekoma SLC's don't even use those kind anymore.

They aren't making exact replicas of real coaster cars, but they will make very similar ones.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:42 PM by KrakatoaCoo »
Youtube = LINK
Coaster Counter = LINK
~Bizarro/S:ROS Ride Count: 17~

Offline bswas98

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2015, 04:03 PM »
I understand that, however it's not asking too much to at least use the correct style of restraint.
Hyuk!

« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2015, 06:44 PM »
I understand that, however it's not asking too much to at least use the correct style of restraint.

With all due respect, I hope you know this is a video game...right? If you want something that realistic that's what No Limits is for. :)
Quote from: Drowning|Star
The peeps look... terrifying. Like tortured souls forced to live in RCTW.

Offline bswas98

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2015, 07:32 PM »
Fair enough, I guess I'll concede.
Hyuk!

Offline Nolfy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2015, 03:00 AM »
I don't expect the game to be that realistic. They will take the bigger details, put it in their own art sauce and make sure it is recognizable and fun looking. In my opinion the concept coaster looks really good to me. Most of these coasters also have the upper part of metal hidden with custom coaster art on plastic/viber (you know what i mean). Wouldn't it be cool to have the ability to make custom coaster just by importing an image and that would become wrapped on a coaster?  :P Oh no, never mind. Going a bit to far here. 

We don't even know what coaster they used as an example. The coaster in the previous example uses more recent restraints, but many still use these (which look more like the concept coaster):

I really hope they keep a realistic approach to all. Having good station gates, good entrance/exit, switch tracks or just see that rising platform go up and down for certain coasters would be awesome. We know the game will be for a big audience, but let's hope they keep us in mind.

Offline bswas98

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2015, 04:43 PM »
As long as they don't have ticket windows at every single ride I'm good with whatever.
Hyuk!

Offline slangava

• shyguy's World is exceedingly pleasant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2015, 12:49 AM »
As long as they don't have ticket windows at every single ride I'm good with whatever.
I'd be happy being able to run files over 9.5 kb  :yes:
The voices in my headphones made me do it.

Offline spacemtnman

• Full time 3D Designer, Part time drunkard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2015, 04:33 AM »
Nice to see specular and normal map support. We had normals in RCT3 but not in the importer options unfortunately. Ill be keeping my eye on this. It looks like a true rct3 sequel.
Lurking for months on end until one of your posts takes my fancy.

Offline mudvayneimn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2015, 04:00 AM »

The train in that concept photo appears to be based off of Intamin's inverted coaster trains.

Offline Bogeybo

• Ex G-Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2015, 06:04 PM »
Only Intamin inverted trains' cars sit 4 to a car and the ones in the render are just a single row of seats, not two rows per car.  It just looks like old vekoma invert cars.

Offline bswas98

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2015, 01:44 PM »
^ That's not true, B&M inverted trains are 4 per row.
Hyuk!

Offline coastermaster

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2015, 03:13 PM »
Well they have updated there b&m style track OMG

Offline Bogeybo

• Ex G-Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2015, 06:40 PM »
^ That's not true, B&M inverted trains are 4 per row.

I didn't mean that to mean that Intamin is the only coaster company that makes ones that fit to a car. Only was an interjection.  I could have said "But," instead.  I needed a comma.  Sorry for the confusion.

What I meant was this.

Intamin inverts sit 4 people to a car, 2 rows per car, 2 people per row like this

++
++

They don't have an invert that only sits 2 to a car.

And yes...B&M sits 4 in a row, 1 row per car like this

++++

but that has no relevance to the conversation, because the render is of a invert that is 2 people per row, 1 row per car like this

++

Which would have to be Vekoma as far as I know.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:43 PM by Bogeybo »

Offline bswas98

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2015, 10:50 AM »
^ Ok I see what you've saying, so basically we're both on the same side here lol.
Hyuk!

Offline MuffinJosh710

• I'm not paying that much!!!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel!
« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2015, 07:06 AM »
That first trailer was cute!  :love: Definitely will be purchasing this with allowance :D
Signatures are overrated....

Offline Boston

• YOU CAN'T ESCAPE! my lustful gaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2015, 01:07 PM »
Did this fall off the edge of the earth, or what? Anyone know if there's been any updates? I was actually getting mildly interested in this.