Official Planet Coaster Discussion Thread

• 3747 replies
Re: Official Planet Coaster Discussion Thread
« Reply #3720 on: April 23, 2019, 08:03 PM »
So, I thought I knew this game pretty well...until today I discovered something new. I don't really use the in game music on my coasters all that much...if at all. I did try using it on one I'm working on now. I had no clue that the music is slower/more mellow when the coaster goes slow and then speeds up and get more exciting as the coaster goes faster...then slows down again when the coaster slows. I'm truly amazed at this.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: April 23, 2019, 08:29 PM »
So, I thought I knew this game pretty well...until today I discovered something new. I don't really use the in game music on my coasters all that much...if at all. I did try using it on one I'm working on now. I had no clue that the music is slower/more mellow when the coaster goes slow and then speeds up and get more exciting as the coaster goes faster...then slows down again when the coaster slows. I'm truly amazed at this.

I've never been sure if the music is dynamic or whether they just wrote the coaster music (as opposed to other types) to fit the average coaster.  Either way, it's a nifty trick ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #3722 on: April 24, 2019, 05:38 AM »
I've never been sure if the music is dynamic or whether they just wrote the coaster music (as opposed to other types) to fit the average coaster.  Either way, it's a nifty trick ;)
its clearly changing. I almost couldn't believe it. I will be testing this just to be sure.

Offline Loundlim

• aka Julez Bernd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: April 25, 2019, 12:39 AM »
I pretty sure it is dynamic. I think they mentioned that in one of the short making of videos they made when the game was still in alpha or beta.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: April 30, 2019, 12:57 PM »
It is dynamic. The Coaster Music in the menu reacts to the coaster track. Mathew Florianz talked about it and gave us a demo when I visited Frontier Studios before the game was released. It's a very clever system and I love it.

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: May 22, 2019, 04:14 AM »
Another item mentioned in the supposedly 'fake' PlanetCoaster roadmap has now also come true -a Ghostbusters dlc pack is coming...

Can't say I'm all that excited at first glance.  I suspect, but certainly don't know, that it will be similar to the previous Universal dlc packs for The Munsters, Back to the Future and Knightrider, and so just some assets that can mostly only be used to create Ghostbusters themed things.  I see some are guessing there will be a ride, but haven't seen that information officially as of yet.

EDIT:  Chanté posted this at the Frontier Forums...

The Ghostbusters will soon be making their way into Planet Coaster to help with the spectral apparitions that have been causing a nuisance in our parks. This pack will bring an exclusive story-driven scenario, iconic Ghostbusters content inspired by the original 1984 film, and gameplay mechanics that will be introduced to Planet Coaster for the first time!

Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters also sees Dan Aykroyd voice his original role as the iconic Raymond Stantz, mentoring players throughout their campaign as they build their park and take care of the ghostly issues that besiege their rides. Joining him, William Atherton will also voice his role as Ghostbusters antagonist Walter Peck.

Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters will be arriving soon for £12.99 (€14.99, $14.99)! Alongside the paid content, we are releasing FREE update 1.12, containing bug fixes and other improvements, plus the Quick Draw: a ride which allows your guests to ride and shoot targets, aiming for a spot on the leaderboard!

We’ve got some exciting and ghostly reveals planned over the coming weeks, so keep your eyes peeled on our forums and social channels to join in on all the fun!

So the added ride is confirmed, AND included in the update, which is nice.  "gameplay mechanics that will be introduced to Planet Coaster for the first time!" sounds interesting...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 04:19 AM by wabigbear »

« Reply #3726 on: May 22, 2019, 05:03 AM »
^^yep.  I'll throw down the money for the new ride, but I imagine that's about it.  Not really interesting in building park theming this specific.

I'll hold out hope that some scenery pieces will be versatile enough to use for other things, like the 2 or three pieces of the Munsters car.  But if that previous sponsored DLC is any indication, I would guess that none of this scenery will be recolorable.

edit:  Just re-read Wagi's post, if the new ride is part of the free update, maybe I don't need to throw down the money after all.  I guess it's "wait and see."  Which means I probably could've not typed any of this because I didn't really say anything  :-[ :-\
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 05:06 AM by JPAlmighT »

« Reply #3727 on: May 22, 2019, 06:00 AM »
^^yep.  I'll throw down the money for the new ride, but I imagine that's about it.  Not really interesting in building park theming this specific.

I'll hold out hope that some scenery pieces will be versatile enough to use for other things, like the 2 or three pieces of the Munsters car.  But if that previous sponsored DLC is any indication, I would guess that none of this scenery will be recolorable.

edit:  Just re-read Wagi's post, if the new ride is part of the free update, maybe I don't need to throw down the money after all.  I guess it's "wait and see."  Which means I probably could've not typed any of this because I didn't really say anything  :-[ :-\
it sounds like a generic version of the ride is in the free update, but the ride in the DLC will be GB themed. I'm guessing with the scenery pieces in the DLC, but already built and ready to use. I suspect that if this is a playable game as they say...that setting it up will be a bit cumbersome, so they are providing one ready to go in the DLC.

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: May 22, 2019, 06:52 AM »
Where can we find the roadmap, missed that part $:

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: May 22, 2019, 08:57 AM »
Where can we find the roadmap, missed that part $:

It's included on this video, there's a couple other similar ones out there.  Frontier managed to get some of the leaked information pulled, but of course once it's out there that's almost impossible!

Both the Planet Zoo and the Ghostbusters dlc for PC were mentioned on the roadmap, and they did show up later.  The only other item related to PC is that they plan to 'go slow' now with the game and that PC2 is supposedly in the works...

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: May 22, 2019, 10:37 AM »
Yeah, I'm thinking that parts-wise, this will be much like the 1st 3 movie-based DLCs in terms of not being able to repaint anything movie-specific.  However, I figure there can't help but be a number of new spooks and SFXs that will be good for dark rides in general, and some of the techno equipment might work in sci-fi and steampunk themes.  And maybe some parts from Ecto-1 could work, too.  So just from that perspective, Ghostbusters doesn't seem THAT interesting.

HOWEVER, is this $15 instead of $5 like the 1st 3 DLCs.  Why?  I'm guessing it's due to the "new gameplay elements", "story-driving scenario"...  Sheer speculation but I can actually see this being different from your typical PC scenario, which is "start with this dump and turn it into a masterpiece".  Not much story there.  So maybe this time around, it's "my park is haunted and you need to fix that".  And then you actually play the Ghostbusters, trying to get rid of the ghosts without shutting down the park or blowing it up :)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #3731 on: June 04, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Wow, least amount of excitement for new content I think we've ever seen on this board...  not sure if it's because of the content itself or just the state of the game in general...

I downloaded it and spent enough time just to look for the new content, didn't play with the rides or the scenario thingy.   The generic quick draw ride looks interesting and I'm anxious to try it.  Other than that I didn't see much that interested me, even the scenery items were fairly boring, except maybe a useful table, chair, and chandelier.   At this point I was going to give the whole thing a negative review.  (Even the Ecto-1 is a 1 piece item that cannot be dissected for salvageable parts.)

But then I realized I had forgotten to look at build mode, and I was honestly quite pleasantly surprised at what was found in there.  Probably 4-5 unique wall sets, windows, doors, cornices, awnings.  All geared for a more downtown/main street look.  This is where you'll get your money's worth, because the build items seem like they could get used in nearly any park, and I think they will combine well with the building sets from the World's Fair and Studio packs. 

Probably only a good investment if you still see yourself spending a lot of time in the game.  For me (I think) it was worth it.

« Reply #3732 on: June 04, 2019, 08:02 PM »
I meant to give a quick review myself earlier, but real work got in the way for me to fully explore the new set. I have to say...I was expecting way less and are pleasantly impressed with all the new pieces in this DLC.

I know I have always leaned towards the building and creating side of the game, so new pieces like this are always a smiley welcome from me. Not sure if I will use all the GB stuff unless I do some sort haunted section in a park in the future, so I was more liking the generic items over the GB stuff.

Don't get me wrong, the GB stuff is really well done and looks great, just not sure how I will use them right now.

The new ride also looks very promising, only wish the existing moving scenery items could be used as targets...like shooting spiders, mummies, or zombies, but looks like its just the loud targets or the ghosts right now. The ability to play the ride in game is also kind of cool.

Overall...my rating of a scale of 10...I personally give it a 7ish score.

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: June 05, 2019, 04:29 AM »
To be honest, I'm absolutely amazed by this DLC. Ghostbusters rules!! Especially that interactive ride in the campaign mode is ultra cool!!! And I think that DLC shows what the base game actually is capable of. What is really the absolute best thing is the over 300 (!!!) new building pieces, which are of fantastic quality and very generic. This alone is expanding the building possibilities to new heights! For me an absolute must have DLC!  :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: June 05, 2019, 07:43 AM »
I'm super-impressed with with the building parts.  It's what Studios SHOULD have been.

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3735 on: June 06, 2019, 06:33 AM »
I'm super-impressed with with the building parts.  It's what Studios SHOULD have been.

True!

There are some cool things in this update. I've played and completed the first Ghostbusters Campaign map, and found out there are more once completed.
It's just somehow that Planco made me lose my interest someway... Not sure why, but seeing the forum activity (Frontier Forums), I'm not the only one?

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: June 07, 2019, 10:17 AM »
The one thing that interests me the most at this point is the question, do we get a Planet Coaster 2, and when...
I was just beginning to work on a five-years-project, and now I understood from the video that it's very likely that PC2 is already in the works. Probably not the best time to start a five-years-project in Planet Coaster 1!?

If PC2 gets released by the end of 2020 or 2021, it would come in the middle of my works, and then it's likely that all the stuff I've done for that project, by this point, is obsolete.

What do you guys think?

« Reply #3737 on: June 07, 2019, 11:00 AM »
The one thing that interests me the most at this point is the question, do we get a Planet Coaster 2, and when...
I was just beginning to work on a five-years-project, and now I understood from the video that it's very likely that PC2 is already in the works. Probably not the best time to start a five-years-project in Planet Coaster 1!?

If PC2 gets released by the end of 2020 or 2021, it would come in the middle of my works, and then it's likely that all the stuff I've done for that project, by this point, is obsolete.

What do you guys think?
always the question of the day. Seeing as we really don't know the timing or what the capabilities will be...I would say don't fret it and play status quo. We can only hope that PC1 stuff could be imported into the new game. If not...then oh well, not much we can do about it...but I wouldn't change your plan until you can make a decision with hard cold known information.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: June 07, 2019, 11:34 AM »
I agree about importing PC1 stuff into PC2.  That would be amazing.  I think Planet Zoo will give us a good idea of what to expect in Planco 2

« Reply #3739 on: June 10, 2019, 05:16 AM »
So, I assume most of you saw that they accidentally posted the new in-game trailer yesterday. Many fans were going nuts talking about it on line and on YT. Now on the official forums they asked people to stop discussing it until the official in-game stream happens later today (when the trailer was supposed to be released)...they then closed and removed any threads discussing it. Do they really think the community will just not talk about this? I just find it kind of funny how this transpired.

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: June 10, 2019, 07:25 AM »
So, I assume most of you saw that they accidentally posted the new in-game trailer yesterday. Many fans were going nuts talking about it on line and on YT. Now on the official forums they asked people to stop discussing it until the official in-game stream happens later today (when the trailer was supposed to be released)...they then closed and removed any threads discussing it. Do they really think the community will just not talk about this? I just find it kind of funny how this transpired.

The online trailer for what? Planet Coaster 2?

« Reply #3741 on: June 10, 2019, 07:50 AM »
The online trailer for what? Planet Coaster 2?
Sorry - Planet Zoo

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: June 10, 2019, 10:29 AM »
Sorry - Planet Zoo

Oh okay! Haha I was gonna say WOW that was quick! Lol I didn't see the in game trailer though unfortunately :(

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: June 10, 2019, 01:16 PM »
We should probably keep Planet Zoo discussion in a separate thread. ;)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: June 11, 2019, 02:10 AM »
I just made an interesting observation, which lead me to an even more interesting assumption:
The new interactive rides are filed under the new "interactive rides" section. Both could have also been sorted into the existing tracked ride tab, but weren't. My conclusion is that an interactive water ride is in the plans, or at least on their mind, otherwise they wouldn't have had to establish a whole new tab "interactive rides" for these 2 new tracked rides.

What do you think?

« Reply #3745 on: June 11, 2019, 06:10 AM »
I just made an interesting observation, which lead me to an even more interesting assumption:
The new interactive rides are filed under the new "interactive rides" section. Both could have also been sorted into the existing tracked ride tab, but weren't. My conclusion is that an interactive water ride is in the plans, or at least on their mind, otherwise they wouldn't have had to establish a whole new tab "interactive rides" for these 2 new tracked rides.

What do you think?
Good theory.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: June 16, 2019, 07:05 AM »
My favorite thing in the DLC so far is all the cool "facade scaffolding" parts.  WOW, those are so useful for making towers, coaster supports, and sign supports!  The new building pieces are also most welcome.  They'll help with making downtown areas for sure, which is something that's needed improvement for a while.
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: June 19, 2019, 08:57 AM »
Hmm, part 1.12.4 is now out.  I'm most excited that they allowed longer trains on the SLV and a couple other coasters.  Yay!

But the big news is that shooting targets can now trigger other events, and you can now put targets inside other objects.  I can now see folks making "mow down the zombie horde" rides (or things even darker).
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page