Official Planet Coaster Discussion Thread

• 3762 replies
Re: Official Planet Coaster Discussion Thread
« Reply #3750 on: October 14, 2019, 08:46 AM »
So over the last week or two I've noticed the usually intrusive auto-saves seem to be even more intrusive; I'm locked out from doing anything for maybe 15-20 seconds.  And even when I save manually the UI seems extremely slow to respond (in a park file that's still quite smaller than what I usually work with.)

And then today, THREE crashes within a couple of hours, after not crashing for months.

I don't see any recent updates and I seriously doubt they'd be doing anything with the game itself at this point, wondering if it might be a Steam thing?  (Or worse, something with my very new computer... the first crash brought down the whole machine and appeared to be GPU related... I updated the driver but then still had two more game crashes.)

Anybody else experiencing anything unusual lately?

« Reply #3751 on: October 14, 2019, 10:58 AM »
my auto saves have always been crippling...I changed them to go every 30 mins now, so it doesn't interrupt as much...but I two have had two crashes this week...and never have had crashes happen. So combined 30 min auto-saves and crashes....have had to do major rebuilds 2x this past week.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: October 16, 2019, 11:30 AM »
Umm... I'll trade ya.  In Kaleidoscope Piers, autosaves lock up the game for 10 to 15 MINUTES.  Not kidding.  So it seems to be related to file size.  My smaller parks freeze for maybe 30 seconds to a minute or so.

« Reply #3753 on: October 16, 2019, 03:23 PM »
^^I believe that, as the saves are taking longer as the park grows.  Maybe it just feels worse to me recently because I started out with a blank map a couple weeks ago and have been filling it quickly. :(   

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: October 18, 2019, 07:46 AM »
I havent had any autosave problems with Pirate Reef. Then again it is smallish. It will freeze for 2 seconds. Most crashes Ethier.

« Reply #3755 on: November 14, 2019, 02:25 PM »
Planet Coaster is coming to XBOX and Playstation.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: November 19, 2019, 03:21 AM »
Well... QOL update 1.13 just came out. The fixes sound good but of course my biggest fear is that something new will be broken.  Time will tell. Ha ha.  They did apparently fix the messed up minimum departure time in test mode problem we had so that's good.

« Reply #3757 on: November 19, 2019, 04:37 AM »
I'm good with any kind of update, especially if it just means that they haven't abandoned the game completely.  The framerate improvements sound interesting, although kind of sounds like it would only apply to parks that have a significant number of guests in them...

Offline AUS_Twisted

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: November 19, 2019, 05:15 AM »
Great update as it crashes every time when trying to load my last park saved in December 2018 lol

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: November 19, 2019, 02:48 PM »
The updated game crashes your park?  Lots of folks are reporting this same problem over on the official forum.  It really is as if they don't even bother testing their fixes before releasing them.  I KNEW they'd screw something up.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 02:53 PM by Fisherman »

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: November 20, 2019, 03:43 AM »
Haven't had a problem with crashing the current large park I'm working on - which is great. 

A little disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference in fps, but perhaps the tweaks were aimed at parks with peeps in them and open, whereas my park is closed and no peeps.  The fps difference is only a couple fps...at best. 

I DO see a difference in the amount of time needed to manually save (I have auto-saves set to longer intervals between them, but those seem to take less time as well). 

The time needed to open the park is only marginally better.  Still I suppose any improvement is better than none...

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: November 20, 2019, 10:13 AM »
Oh is saving quicker for you now, Wagi?  That is good news.

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: November 20, 2019, 03:07 PM »
After this mornings update it seems to save a little slower than yesterday!   Can't win! ;D

Now when I'm done for the moment and decide to close the game, I first manually save the file, after it's done it gives me the menu with the options, I choose to exit PC, since I already manually saved just before that I don't save again when asked before closing, and then it wants to hang.  Twice it crashed (no real problem since I had a valid saved copy of the park file), and the other time it hung for a couple minutes then gave me the error messages and asking if I wanted to report it, instead I just closed that dialogue box and the game un-froze.  Weird.