ALT's Arrow Suspended Set: Alpha Version 1.0 Download *Fixed Download 3/14

• 60 replies

Offline Weber

• It's not over till it's over.
    • View Profile
    • velvetskyemusic.com
Re: ALT's Arrow Suspended Set
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2015, 06:06 PM »
Thanks a lot for this set!  It looks like you put quite a bit of hard work into it.

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2015, 09:00 PM »
Thanks, and I'm not even half way there. :P

Check out my latest projects!
Ride | Custom Scenery  | Park

Offline Rollermad

• Harper Point.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 08:47 AM »
Do you plan on doing the swing stoppers for lifts and the bent pieces of track that are for stopping the swinging?

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2015, 10:56 PM »
Do you plan on doing the swing stoppers for lifts and the bent pieces of track that are for stopping the swinging?

I responded to this, I thought? 8| (Maybe the post disappeared into the abyss.)

Yes there will be.

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2015, 02:22 PM »
Hey guys, need some votes, currently I only have one track connector. Arrow being Arrow designed another one as well. I've been toiling the idea of separating the connectors as another piece so you can choose between either one. So, here are your options:

1.) Keep the current connector. (Keeps set smaller but less options.)
2.) Separate connectors as separate scenery pieces. (Set is bigger, but more options.)

Below is the picture of the two connectors. On the right is the current on, and on the left is the new one. (Not final design, just giving you a general idea of what it looks like.)

Offline Coaster Designs

• RCT3 & NL2 Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2015, 11:33 PM »
This is getting real nice! I would go for 1.. One connector is fine by me hahah

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2015, 10:05 AM »

I choose:

2.) Separate connectors as separate scenery pieces. (Set is bigger, but more options.)

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2015, 09:49 AM »
Thanks for you votes guys. Still looking for more! Even if you are just skimming, your vote matters to me. Please keep on voting! I'm at the point I'm ready to import the supports...

Offline toofpikk

• I am this forums noob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Both!

Offline Toborg123

• Celebrating The RCT Community
    • View Profile
    • Toborg Productions
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2015, 01:55 PM »
I vote both also!  ;D
Finally back after an unexpectedly long hiatus!

Offline OldTimer

• Have patience.....everyone was a newby once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2015, 01:56 PM »
I vote for both - having options is good  :up:
Life is a rollercoaster.....ride it.

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2015, 11:31 PM »
Thanks guys, keep the votes a coming. If I do go for both, I'm actually going to just make another round of supports. So the connector and the support will be together. (Saving both you and me time.)

In exciting news, I've imported most everything. Some issues but that will have to wait until after work, which reminds me, I should go to sleep. :P

Offline OldTimer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2015, 04:19 PM »
Just a thought on the track connector.....and not sure if it would work......but....

There is currently no really good custom support track connector option for the B&M Inverted Track....if you did make your connectors as a separate CSO item would they align with the other inverted tracks?

Might make the set even more versatile.......but as I said.....I don't know if this could work?

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2015, 09:06 PM »
Just a thought on the track connector.....and not sure if it would work......but....

There is currently no really good custom support track connector option for the B&M Inverted Track....if you did make your connectors as a separate CSO item would they align with the other inverted tracks?

Might make the set even more versatile.......but as I said.....I don't know if this could work?

Nah, there are better things for that.  ::)

If you must know, future set plans:

Spoiler (hover to show)

Offline OldTimer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2015, 06:41 AM »
That connector looks top drawer excellent!

Shame I'm going to have to struggle with my current B&M Invert custom supporting until you release the set.....only to have to rip it all down again and do it again at some point in the future  ;D

Looking at your connector I'm sure it will be worth the double construction costs for my poor old park :P

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2015, 09:20 AM »
First of all: Thanks for making and sharing this set! It's pretty good so far. ;)

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could recreate this in RCT3?  ::)

I'm not sure, if this was meant to be ironically or not (or if it was only about the supports) , but the banking of the track is actually possible, if you know how it works. So I hope you consider to include the banked curve supports, too. ;)

(If you already know about this, just ignore my comment :D)

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2015, 03:13 PM »
 :drool:

I was talking support wise but how did you do that?

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2015, 02:44 AM »
It's a combination of the Suspended Coaster Track and the Zamperla Flyer Track. As you can see in the screenshot I posted, it works, but it comes with a small disadvantage: Track building isn't as simple as it's known of other tracks. You can start building as normal, but the moment you are using banked track sections you can't go back to unbanked sections (and therefore it seems you can't make a closed circuit). The trick is, you can use parts of your already existing track which are unbanked (e.g. the station or lift hill parts) and build from this position on backwards until you reach the first section of banked track of your previous "forward built" part of the ride. You can do this as often as you want to, just make sure you always have unbanked sections somewhere in your layout.

It's strange, I know, and I tried to solve this issue, but couldn't find a workaround yet. But I guess, someone who makes his own set of supports for this coaster type won't have a problem with a bit more complicated track building for getting this extra bit of realism. ;)

Here's the file you need (it goes in tracks/trackedrides of course), it contains FC's Arrow Suspended CTR car and the vanilla ones. Additionally, I included the BahnDaten.txt file, so you can change everything you want to. ;)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38471603/Arrow%20Suspended%20CTR.rar

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2016, 01:33 PM »
Hey guys, so I finally got back into this set. I've almost completed all the footers so later tonight I will release another Alpha version for you guys to test. Everyone seems to want both connectors so I will do that, but it will be a later release.Thank you guys for your continued support. (Pun intended. :P) While no final release date or month, work will chug on!

Re: ALT's Arrow Suspended Set: Update 3/3/2016
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2016, 01:51 PM »
Sorry for the lateness, but here we are:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0b7kcKkANT_MWQweFZjTVVvVFU/view?usp=sharing

As promised this includes the footers as well as all supports. I've started a readme as well though not complete. If you guys can comment, make suggestions, that would be great. As soon as I get enough feedback and the appropriate fixes, hopefully I can release it to depot. Thank you guys for all your help. :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:38 PM by ALT2870 »

Re: ALT's Arrow Suspended Set: Alpha Version 1.0 Download
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2016, 01:02 PM »
So do we still have interest in this set? No comments or anything so maybe everyone is happy where it is at now? Let me know guys. :)

Offline Wil_I_am_not

• DC Rivals is overrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2016, 03:08 PM »
No, I definitely love it! I'll probably use this in a coaster  :D

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2016, 02:23 AM »
How about adding tapered supports, slanted supports, support cross beams, making the horizontal pieces at the top of your existing supports longer, or at the very least an updated support that's exactly the same width as your existing supports except it's a more slender (less width) support?

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2016, 12:39 PM »
How about adding tapered supports, slanted supports, support cross beams, making the horizontal pieces at the top of your existing supports longer, or at the very least an updated support that's exactly the same width as your existing supports except it's a more slender (less width) support?

I'm a little confused by what you mean. This set is prototypical of Arrow suspended coasters. If you have pictures of what you mean, it would be appreciated.

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2016, 03:07 PM »
Very useful set and great execution.

greetz
zeroG
NO MATTER YOUR CONDITION | IT´S ALWAYS YOUR MINDSET

Offline Simtanic8

• Wait, which one are you again?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2016, 06:38 PM »
Just went to try them out and it seems as though a mistake was made in the files as both the footers and supports folders contain the same files. No supports found but the footers look great.  :up:

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2016, 09:38 PM »
Just went to try them out and it seems as though a mistake was made in the files as both the footers and supports folders contain the same files. No supports found but the footers look great.  :up:

Good catch.  :-[

File has been re-uploaded with correct support folder. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0b7kcKkANT_MWQweFZjTVVvVFU/view?usp=sharing

Also, I will start work on the lift supports tomorrow.

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2016, 01:15 AM »
..... This set is prototypical of Arrow suspended coasters.  .....

If it's only prototypical supports you want, then your set is just fine.

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
I have installed the set and unfortunatly my game crashed after the Intro...
I´ve uninstalled the set and now it works again. Maybe there is still a bug in the files

greetz
zeroG

NO MATTER YOUR CONDITION | IT´S ALWAYS YOUR MINDSET

I have installed the set and unfortunatly my game crashed after the Intro...
I´ve uninstalled the set and now it works again. Maybe there is still a bug in the files

greetz
zeroG

Thanks for the heads up. :) I'll start to trouble shoot when I get home in about 9 hours since I actually have some time off. :D