Tatton Hill Theme Park - Time Voyage 3D Plans REVEALED!

• 197 replies

Offline tayspru

• Bitches beware xox
    • View Profile
Tatton Hill Theme Park - Time Voyage 3D Plans REVEALED!
« on: September 03, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Welcome to Tatton Estate - 1978

Featuring a stately home, beautiful grounds, dining in the restored Stables, and the classic Carousel, Tatton Estate is a family favourite. I myself have been visiting since I was a very young boy, but I've heard the winds of change are blowing, and the estate may never be the same again.

- Sam Thomas

« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:38 AM by tayspru »

Offline CGI144

• Back up your creations or suffer the consequences
    • View Profile
Re: Tatton Estate : Welcome to Tatton Estate - 1978
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 11:34 AM »
I love you!
Welcome back dude! ;D

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 01:28 PM »
SO beautiful! You have created such a lovely park and such a wonderful atmosphere. The soundtrack fits perfectly to the whole area. I´m very tied up that week but you´ve managed that I wanna play RCT3 NOW instead of sleeping- Thank you :D

Offline Martins1

• If life gives you lemons-eat them, they're healthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 03:28 PM »
Stunning! Soundtrack worked perfectly with your architectural genius and amazing film!

Is this inspired by something in real life?

I love coasters! :)

Offline tayspru

• Bitches beware xox
    • View Profile
Re: Tatton Estate : A very slow day - June 1978
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 12:18 PM »
I love you!
Welcome back dude! ;D

It's good to be back!

SO beautiful! You have created such a lovely park and such a wonderful atmosphere. The soundtrack fits perfectly to the whole area. I´m very tied up that week but you´ve managed that I wanna play RCT3 NOW instead of sleeping- Thank you :D

Thankyou very much ! The park itself has taken a while as I have virtually no skill when it comes to terrain editing - luckily djF's new textures made the job a lot easier :)

Stunning! Soundtrack worked perfectly with your architectural genius and amazing film!

Is this inspired by something in real life?

The park is a new version of my original Tatton Hill Theme Park (that one lasted until the year 2000) , which in turn was based on the real life Tatton Park in Cheshire, England.

A very slow day - June 1978

Sam Thomas here. It's the busy peak season in attractions across the country, but Tatton isn't faring too well. I popped down to catch up with the current owner of the estate (and my former father in law), Kenneth Pierce, and take in the familiar grounds of the Estate.

Even with the low prices, it looks like people just aren't flocking to Tatton like they used to.

It's only 1pm and already people are leaving...

At least I can take a few photos of the grounds without people clogging up the pathways, but it must really be hitting Ken hard to see his pride and joy so empty.

The few guests that are here seem to be drawn towards the Carousel, and of course the Stables tea rooms. I headed to the manor for a nice one on one with Kenneth himself. Since acquiring the estate in 1964, the current owner of the property has been running the park as a family day out, whilst maintaining the grounds, and restoring the interior of Tatton Hall for him, his wife, and 3 children to live in.

With his children having all moved into their own homes, and his wife becoming increasingly scarce, Ken called me over to discuss the future of the estate, and lets just say we have "something" to look forward to. I have no idea what that may be, but I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.

I'll be back later in the year to see if any changes start to appear.

- Sam Thomas

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 02:16 PM »
It's so beautiful! :love: The gardens are magnificent, and I love your unusual choice for the carousel cover. Can't wait to see more! :)

Offline Martins1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 02:43 PM »
The park is a new version of my original Tatton Hill Theme Park (that one lasted until the year 2000) , which in turn was based on the real life Tatton Park in Cheshire, England.

I thought so :)

My grandma works at tatton park as the potter there. I visit often and the word tatton made me wonder if there was a connection. How odd!

This was a stunning update, it just makes me want to be able to make something like that! I wonder what's in store for the park...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 02:44 PM by Martins1 »

Offline tayspru

• Bitches beware xox
    • View Profile
Re: Tatton Estate : Mystery on the lake - September 1978
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 08:55 AM »
It's so beautiful! :love: The gardens are magnificent, and I love your unusual choice for the carousel cover. Can't wait to see more! :)

Thanks! I really liked the look of the thatch roof, so just had to use the cover as soon as I found it.

I thought so :)

My grandma works at tatton park as the potter there. I visit often and the word tatton made me wonder if there was a connection. How odd!

This was a stunning update, it just makes me want to be able to make something like that! I wonder what's in store for the park...

Wow , that's pretty cool! I know there's only a handful of Brits on here, so it's good to see another one :)

Mystery on the lake - September 1978

After the "busy" season was over, I decided to go ahead and visit the Estate and see what Kenneth had in store. The car park, as usual, was very empty.

I'm at a total loss of what could be going on here...

I tried to get a better angle of the site from the covered area next to the Hall, but I still don't know what this could be - answers on a postcard?

- Sam Thomas

Offline Martins1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 02:13 PM »
Nice! River Rapids ride is my guess! Can't wait to see what you can come up with.

P.s good to see a fellow Brit!

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 05:06 PM »
I'd say either river rapids, like Martins said, or a small coaster. Can't wait to see more!

Offline tayspru

• Bitches beware xox
    • View Profile
Re: Tatton Estate : Opening Day - March 1979
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 08:07 AM »
Nice! River Rapids ride is my guess! Can't wait to see what you can come up with.

P.s good to see a fellow Brit!

I'd say either river rapids, like Martins said, or a small coaster. Can't wait to see more!

Unfortunately the terrain is way too lumpy for a Rapids Ride just yet , maybe if the park ever expands to a flatter area of the estate we will see some Rapids :)

Opening Day - March 1979

"Entrepreneur Kenneth Pierce opens state of the art Log Chute attraction in historic grounds of Tatton Estate"

Finally , on the morning of the new season at Tatton, Good Morning Great Britain announced what many of us had been waiting for. Tatton has opened a new log flume attraction in hopes to turn around the dwindling attendance numbers. Lets go and see what changes have been made.

Pulling into the Estate, new signs have been added, the first of many changes around the park.

I went straight to the ticket booths to renew my season pass, and so far there is no evidence of the new ride. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

Heading back towards the Stables, its clear that Tatton is changing, with the impressive height of the flume becoming clear. I can already see this being a very popular attraction in the Summer months!

Turns out the mystery structure was the boarding building for the Log Flume. It looks great against the backdrop of the Cheshire countryside.

I was surprised to find another attraction at the park - the Paratrooper. It looks to be a pretty temporary addition to the park, but it's another ride to support the log flume, which can only be a good thing.

The guests seem to love it!

The entrance to the Log Flume is equipped with an information desk for guests, as well as token machines for the rides. Hopefully this system catches on with guests, as so far they have only ever had to pay for the Carousel.

The queue path gets pretty close to the ride, and is nicely landscaped.

Lots of space for guests to wait during the Summer months. I decided to head up to the Hall and see what impact the new ride has when viewed from the courtyard area.

I'm happy to report that the beauty of the grounds had been left intact. Even though today was not busy at all, with word of mouth and the impending Summer season, I can tell this is the start of something big in Tatton...

- Sam Thomas

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 08:18 AM »
Looks great. Mix my two guesses together, and I guess it kind of makes a log flume ride  :up: no? Looking forward to seeing more already

Offline MrRick

• Reinventing Myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 09:52 AM »
This is beautiful! It will be interesting to see how this park continues to grow!
If you haven't been to Connecticut's Great Adventure yet, you're a loser...

Offline CGI144

• Back up your creations or suffer the consequences
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 09:57 AM »
Really solid addition for the times! The new log flume is beautifully presented alongside that courtyard.
Now it is just a matter of what comes next...

Offline tayspru

• Bitches beware xox
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 10:03 AM »
I forgot to mention, if anyone is looking for a blast from the past, here is the thread of the original Tatton Hill. Notable differences include the lack of Tatton Hall, and of course the horrible landscaping issues and cramped "themed" areas!

http://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,13910.msg327772.html#msg327772

- Tayler

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Ahh, more eye candy! I don't think you could make an ugly screen if you tried. The park is looking more beautiful than ever! :)

Offline tayspru

• Bitches beware xox
    • View Profile
Re: Tatton Estate : Ground(s) Survey - June 1979
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 02:44 AM »
Looks great. Mix my two guesses together, and I guess it kind of makes a log flume ride  :up: no? Looking forward to seeing more already

I'm sure a coaster will materialise soon ;)

This is beautiful! It will be interesting to see how this park continues to grow!

I'm hoping to go down the Alton Towers route, just with a little bit more creative freedom than my AR park :)

Really solid addition for the times! The new log flume is beautifully presented alongside that courtyard.
Now it is just a matter of what comes next...

Thanks! I'm hoping to get into a storyline park again - guess where I stole that idea got the inspiration from :P

Ahh, more eye candy! I don't think you could make an ugly screen if you tried. The park is looking more beautiful than ever! :)

Thankyou so much Elizabeth - I can always count on you for support, and it is massively appreciated :)

Ground(s) Survey - June 1979

After the opening of the Log Flume, business really has picked up. With long queues for the attractions at the park, I thought it would be nice to look around some possible expansion sites on the sprawling grounds of the Estate.

When I arrived, I could already see one glaring addition - a promotional "photo spot" has been set up to advertise the new Log Flume attraction, directly between the ticket booths and entrance turnstiles.

I have never seen the carousel with a line of people waiting - but from the looks of these guests, the wait must be worth it!

I was happy to see some directional signs have been added around the park, to help with first time guests who may not be familiar with the Estate.

The biggest plot of land that is unoccupied is directly in front of the hall, at the bottom of a rather steep hill. Hopefully the park can find somewhere else to expand first, as it would be a shame to lose the natural beauty here.

After the park closed for the day, I was allowed to climb the maintenance steps of the Log Flume to get a better view of the Estate (it helps to have some insider contacts)

This is the view before you drop to a certain soaking on the Flume - certainly a lot of expansion room, but it would be a shame to lose the natural beauty of the Estate.

The old farmland behind the Stables caught my attention - maybe this is where the park will build its future attractions? I'll be in touch if I hear anything , until next time...

- Sam Thomas

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 05:12 AM »
I think a coaster will rise on that farmland!

Offline Martins1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 12:55 PM »
Stunning  :drool:

Wish I could do this...

Offline MrRick

• Reinventing Myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2015, 12:13 PM »
I'm hoping this grows into a massive theme park. The Log Flume fits in perfectly.
If you haven't been to Connecticut's Great Adventure yet, you're a loser...

Offline tayspru

• Bitches beware xox
    • View Profile
Re: Tatton Estate : A Rainy Day - September 1979
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 03:26 PM »
I think a coaster will rise on that farmland!

Whatever gave you that idea?  ::)

Stunning  :drool:

Wish I could do this...

Thanks! And all it takes is practice, everyone has their first park, and everyone gets better! :)

I'm hoping this grows into a massive theme park. The Log Flume fits in perfectly.

We shall see!

A Rainy Day - September 1979

With the park closing up soon for the Winter, I thought I would head down and see if there are any hints to changes for next year. With the addition of the log flume this year, all bets are off when it comes to expansion, so I'm hoping we get some clues!

As soon as I arrived , the heavens opened - just my luck!

First of all, an opening has been made in the wall by the Carousel - could this be a future expansion site? It leads to a pretty steep hillside, so it's probably nothing...

Even in this weather, people are still climbing aboard the Log Flume!

Rounding the corner, I could see the Paratrooper had disappeared altogether, or at the very least was behind the construction walls - Hopefully the ride will make a return in the future as I quite enjoyed it.

The entrance sign seems to be in place (for now) , so hopefully this favourite will be back in 1980!

I took a quick ride on the Log Flume (I was already soaked through by this point) before setting off home.

- Sam Thomas

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 07:18 AM »
Great update. I really like the log flume, as well as the merry go round  :up:

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2015, 12:48 PM »
I must say that Tatton looks even more lovely with the new ground textures! As for the expansion, I hope that future development will retain the beauty of the rest of the park.

Offline blk_mamba

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Join the Fun! Kirkmen Island
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2015, 01:50 PM »
Very Nice Log Flume ride. It feels like a good fit in the park. This park gives me a feel of an Alton Towers with out all the intense thrill rides, which I am sure will come at the park grows!

Offline tayspru

• Bitches beware xox
    • View Profile
Re: Tatton Estate : Opening Day - March 1980
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 04:17 PM »
Great update. I really like the log flume, as well as the merry go round  :up:

Thankyou :)

I must say that Tatton looks even more lovely with the new ground textures! As for the expansion, I hope that future development will retain the beauty of the rest of the park.

So far I have managed to steer clear of the area in front of the house, so for now we are safe on that front!

Very Nice Log Flume ride. It feels like a good fit in the park. This park gives me a feel of an Alton Towers with out all the intense thrill rides, which I am sure will come at the park grows!

Alton Towers is always a huge inspiration for me, so I'm glad that comes across :)

If updates seem slightly rushed, I'm trying to meet a deadline for a certain attractions release...

Opening Day - March 1980

It's good to be back! This year, only one attraction has been added to the park. Despite this, the whole rides area has nearly doubled in size, as well as some new picnic areas being added to the park. Of course as soon as I had the chance, I went down to the park to see the changes.

Seeing that the old dovecote had been left in place was slightly disappointing, but first impressions other than that are fairly good. I noticed there was no line for the Log Flume, so putting aside the new developments, that was my first port of call for the day!

From the Log Flume's queue, it looks like Paratrooper is exactly the same as it was last year, just relocated. Still pulling the punters, as always!

The queue line for the Log Flume is always a pleasant affair, slightly dipping into the woods away from the main pathways.

After my ride on the log flume, I headed to the new area. Paratrooper is exactly as it was last year!

The new addition to the park is the Wave Swinger. Perched at the top of a small cliff face, it seems slightly more thrilling than its fairground counterparts.

The old dovecote looks like it is beyond repair - why it wasn't just demolished I will never know...

The new are includes a new set of stairs down to some of the parks woodland and fields, and gives a unique view of the Wave Swinger.

As well as new attractions, two new picnic areas have been added to the Estate.

The first sits partially up what was previously a heavily wooded hillside. Some major clearing work has taken place here - I wonder what for?

The second is to the side of the Manor itself.

Until next time!

- Sam Thomas

Offline Cartus

• Wealth is in diversity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 04:24 PM »
What a lovely park ! The Flume, Teacups and Merry go round are perfectly integrated, and I really love the terraforming :) Last but not least, great use of the new Terrain Textures!

Cannot wait to see more !

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 08:14 PM »
The new picnic areas are delightful additions to an already lovely park. :)

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2015, 12:11 PM »
Soooo much realism. Really nice work, keep it up :)

Offline tayspru

• Bitches beware xox
    • View Profile
Re: Tatton Estate : Progress marches ... backwards? - June 1980
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2015, 08:37 AM »
I've just started a proper YouTube channel, so if you want to catch up on all my videos (or get to know who is behind the keyboard) easily that is the place to go! Link in signature, so please like and sub, and I may even upload bonus videos that don't make it onto this thread!

Progress marches ... backwards? - 1980

I took a flying visit to the park today, and was surprised to see some changes...

The first change was these boulders that line the paths around much of the grounds now. They are great to help guests getting to the attractions area, but makes it more difficult to simply enjoy the woods and felds around the Estate.

The rides area is definitely drawing in far more visitors than the Estate has experienced for a long time.

The biggest change is that the picnic area by the Paratrooper has been fenced off , with no reason given to media or guests. This is a real step back to me, as I know that the picnic areas had been highly praised by guests. I hope Kenneth knows what he's doing here!

Nothing to be seen apart from some teens, probably snuck over to take a look themselves...

I took a quick spin on the log flume before heading home. I wanted to spend longer at the park, but job applications wait for no man, and I was already getting behind on my portfolio!

Until next time

- Sam Thomas
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 10:01 AM by tayspru »

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Tatton Estate : Progress marches ... backwards? - June 1980
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2015, 06:11 PM »
Beautiful view in the first shot. The boulders are a lovely addition!