Kiwi V2

• 3 replies

Offline Tijjer

• The shed is verbolten
    • View Profile
Kiwi V2
« on: March 01, 2016, 10:43 PM »
This is my new B&M coaster named Kiwi.  What makes this coaster unique is its trains are four cars long and the station will have two trains loading along with a launched lift hill at 20mph.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:15 PM by Tijjer »

Offline dapalm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Kiwi [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 05:58 AM »
Cool concept, but why are you using 4 car trains? Wouldn't be necessary unless the coaster is very, very small or you have an airtime section with a very small radius (ala Eurofighter's drop). Other than that, I want to see what you'll make with the rest of the layout. Nice looking so far!

Offline Tijjer

• The shed is verbolten
    • View Profile
Re: Kiwi [WIP]
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 08:40 AM »
Cool concept, but why are you using 4 car trains? Wouldn't be necessary unless the coaster is very, very small or you have an airtime section with a very small radius (ala Eurofighter's drop). Other than that, I want to see what you'll make with the rest of the layout. Nice looking so far!

I think you've already answered that question.  The layout is being kept small and also because the raidus on some turns is also tiny.

Offline Tijjer

• The shed is verbolten
    • View Profile
Re: Kiwi V2
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 07:21 PM »
Currently redoing this coaster!  This is still a B&M floorless with a small footprint however I now have changed the launch to a straight 55 mph section and its first element is a pretzel loop (may change it to a batwing) with trains of 5 cars though I may change it to 8 (unsure of how heavy Floorless trains are compared to Wings).  So far I have made it in FVD++.