Still Playing?

• 7 replies
Still Playing?
« on: July 17, 2020, 09:02 AM »
Hey Everyone!

I just logged in for the first time in over 2 years and wondered if Planet Coaster is still a thing that excites you? Are people still building? Are there any new parks happening while in COVID lock down? I decided to take on Canada's Wonderland again since it is the only park close to me in Ontario Canada. This time with a twist. Canada's Wonderland will have been sold (once again) Originally CBS sold it to Cedar Fair L.P back in 2006. Now the park has been sold to a group of Planet Coaster creators who have formed a company and will be re-imagining Canada's Wonderland with a few twists. Hope all is well with everyone. Stay safe and keep creating. I will post more as I continue with the park.

Offline AnubisLive

• Rotterdam
    • View Profile
Re: Still Playing?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 02:00 AM »
Well i got back to playing, but i don't feel there's much excitement over the game anymore. You can tell by the ammount of interest in ongoing projects. I still think the game, despite it's flaws is a real conduit for creativity. I don't know many games that allows so much freedom in building open worlds. So yeah, still love it. My own project is a real COVID baby. I worked from home since February (and will keep doing this till september) And my work relies heavy on incoming tasks. When there's less tasks, i got time to have Planet Coaster running on my own computer. It does help that i bought a new computer last summer, which is able to run the game a lot better then the previous one. Maybe, that's why there's still enthousiasm here for the game. I only really started to use the game since last summer.

Looking forward to your creation! I've seen footage of Canada's Wonderland, it looks really cool!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 01:55 PM »
I am still playing. I post less often as I have less to show for it, but I am very much 'still here'.

Offline griengl

• hey fellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 10:34 PM »
yeh, i am.

Offline zacharyshyguy

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 10:53 PM »
Yes, I still playing Planet Coaster.
Zachary Lunsford

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 05:52 AM »
I am for sure!   :D

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 06:40 AM »
Why stop after after twenty plus years?!?!

I think I was one of the first guys to buy RCT1, 2, 3, and PC, and haven't put the game down since.

Offline doctorcoaster

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 11:51 AM »
Unfortunately, no. I tried getting into the game about 2 years ago with my brand new pc and I just couldn't get into it. In my humble opinion, it just doesn't have the same charm as the rct trilogy and parkitect. I just felt like it took forever to make buildings that were decent and the steep learning curve is just something I didn't have the patience for.  :-\