Golden Lagoon - mTTTTn Project

• 28 replies

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« on: June 11, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Hey guys, my first time posting on here, so bear with me on the formatting. I tried my luck on reddit, but this forum seems more serious and more experienced in coaster realism.
I haven't worked much with the game and only made one coaster in Alpha 1.

I wanted to post my second coaster, which is a B&M Flying coaster, however since I'm not at my home PC I can't post the improved coaster. I have only made minor changes to the track before the lift hill, while major changes on the second inversion and the end of the coaster, have been made. I realised flying coasters dont have outside facing loops soI had to change that and I wasn't really keen on the ending so I changed that. Alot of the wobblyness has also been corrected.

Hope you enjoy anyway and feedback is always appreciated since I'm new to this whole coaster building thing.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:09 AM by mTTTTn »

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
Re: mTTTTn's Coasters
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 07:51 PM »
That's a pretty fun ride. Quite huge. I like, for the most part, your foliage work, as well. Sometimes, the ground shrubs seemed a bit randomly plopped, but other than that, really solid. :)

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 10:58 AM »
Not quite sure if this is the right way to update the thread.

Here is the final version of the coaster, I think it came out pretty good. I honestly have never edited a video before, so I'm not sure how good it is. Anyway I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making this. Feel like this game is what have been missing my whole life.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 08:31 PM »
Very well done. The building pass-over was brilliant!

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
mTTTTn's Coasters | Ragnarök
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 02:13 AM »
I made a Dive coaster, I think it is hard to make a layout which doesn't differ from most other dive coaster, so I kinda mixed it up and made it go underwater, I kinda wanted to coaster to go through a transparent glass surrounded by water, but we dont have water nor transparent glass in the game, so I made it like this. However when we get water and such I will probably change it, because that was the "thing" that standed out from the rest of the dive coasters. I still think it came out pretty good.

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 08:39 AM »
Very cool. The big wall on the final turn around kind of stuck out, though. The pacing seemed quite nice throughout, which is always a plus. Nice job!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 02:57 PM »
Great layout. Some of the parts made you feel like you were kinda hanging (not meaning the holding breaks), but I liked that.

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 09:47 AM »
Very cool. The big wall on the final turn around kind of stuck out, though. The pacing seemed quite nice throughout, which is always a plus. Nice job!

Yeah, the wall was there to just kinda stop the vision, since the park boundary was right behind it and there is no scenary outside the park, so it looked empty.

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Firewatch | B&M Wing Coaster
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 09:55 AM »
Really proud of this one, I put a lot of work into the scenery, especially the terrain editor, which I dont often use. Since I'm only a coaster type of guy my video only shows the coaster and not so much the scenery surrounding the coaster, but some of it is possible to see you are good to spot small details.

Is there anyway to get good camera angles like the cinematic camera, but without using the cinematic camera, since it's completely useless in most cases when there is a lot of terrain and trees?

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
Re: mTTTTn's Coasters - Firewatch | B&M Wing Coaster
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 10:15 AM »
I watched this on youtube last night. Really sweet layout--crazy smooth and the terrain was executed very well. Nice, nice job. :)

Offline tetsuo303

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: mTTTTn's Coasters - Firewatch | B&M Wing Coaster
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 12:53 AM »
A real beauty!

See my latest projects on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBXVj_Ppu0nBLFq9vbOQgSQ
Follow me on https://twitter.com/Tetsuo303 to get the latest infos and pictures.

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
mTTTTn's Coasters - Black Swan | B&M Launched Wing Coaster
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 05:41 AM »
Back again with the smoothest coaster I have made. The POV might not seem like that, but using the ride seat cam compared with the ride cam is very janky.

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: mTTTTn's Coasters - Hurricane | B&M Hyper Coaster
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 02:10 PM »
Back once again with another smooth coaster since you like em so much  :up:

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Rolling Hills Amusement Park - mTTTTn Project
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 08:06 AM »
Now that I have upgraded my PC I will finally be able to do what I always wanted to do with this game, building amusement parks.

Therefore I give u my first project: Rolling Hills - an amusement park set in an hilly forest.

I have already created a B&M Inverted Coaster called Megalodon.

Layout:
Featuring 2 loops, 2 zero-g rolls, a dive loop an immelmann loop, a pretzel knot

Flying through the hills and over small rivers:

The queue:

I haven't completely figured out how the layout of the park should be but I have a general idea. I wanted to make coasters that I haven't made before therefore I wanted to create a park including an B&M Inverted coaster, an RMC coaster and an Vekoma suspended family coaster. I will probably add a few additional coasters however I will have to think about which ones and where to put em.

Where the Blue circle is the current B&M Inverted Coaster, and the red circle is where I hope to place an RMC coaster, and last in the yellow circle an the suspended family coaster.

If you want any extra images of specifik things just tell me and I will try to provide them. Any feedback is also greatly appreciated since I have never done an amusement park before.

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling Hills Amusement Park - mTTTTn Project
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2016, 02:44 AM »
Rolling Hills has got its second big attraction, a Vekoma family suspended coaster. It's 28 meters high and goes under, up and over water with lots of twists.

There is still alot of scenery that is missing + the station, which to I need a theme for. I'm also not sure what to put on the other side of the lake probably a resturant + playground.

Also found out how to put brakes and such on the station to give it a more realistic look.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 04:36 AM »
nice track layout!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 02:47 AM »
Great work! The underwater tunnel is really cool.  :)
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 02:12 PM »
nice track layout!

Great work! The underwater tunnel is really cool.  :)

Yeah, I'm from Denmark so much of the inspiration is from Orkanen, which is one of the very few coaster I have actually ridden.

If somebody want to make a station with the brakes and wheels in it it's pretty simple: After you made your first  coaster place a second coaster station facing the same direction as the coaster you want brakes and such on. After placing the second station put the brakes and wheels or what ever you prefer and make its lenght less or same lenght as the station on the coaster you want to put it on. Now delete the station that you just build so that the brakes is the only thing left. Then move that coaster over the station of the first coaster and you should be able to put it directly on top of that.

Also just created this massive RMC in Rolling Hills, which will probably take untill alpha 3 comes out to support. I know its an Floorless track and train, but I needed a coaster which could go upside-down, which the hypercoaster can't so this will do.

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 10:50 AM »

With alpha 3 I have decided to create a new park and abandoning Rolling Hills. I have read elsewhere on the forum that people prefer an story behind their park so I'll try to provide one.

On the 1. of February 1994 a skandinavien child was born, growing up he gained an immense passion for rollercoasters. On his 18th birthday he felt lucky and decided to buy and Euro Jackpot lottery ticket. Celebration his birthday with his family he completely forgot about the ticket, until a news report about Euro Jackpot's biggets prize in history on a total of 76.673.209,92 € haven't been collected by the winner yet. The boy quickly checked his ticket online and couldn't believe his eyes.

In the months to come the boy discussed with his advisers to invest his money. The advisers quickly began discussing buying real estate, however the boy had other plans. A dream of building his own dream amusement park. The boy didn't wan't any regular park, he wanted this to be the most unique park in the world.

He set out looking for the perfect location to build his paradise and settled for an open field of desert near Abu Dhabi. Wanting a unique park requires unique attractions, so the boy contacted his favorit roller coaster company B&M. The boy loved flying coasters and wanted a flying coaster like no other.

A few months go by and B&M contacts the boy with a design, and the boy loved it so much they made the deal, to build it now, right there.

Over the next year the coaster got build, palms and bushes were planted, while lakes were lanscaped.

The boy finally decided to reveal his amusentment park to the public.

Unique first drop into roll over (Not sure if there is an official name, never seen anything like this done before)

Nice little overveiw of the first few elements.

A loop, with and pretzel loop behind it.

Turnaround

Pretzel loop

Two corkscrews

An overveiw of the whole coaster

Hope you will enjoy it. (I know there might be some spelling error or incorrect english but I hope you can live with it.)

Offline Germs

• Respectable Punk
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Lagoon - mTTTTn Project
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 02:24 PM »
That drop/roll-over is incredible. I can't even imagine how intense it would be in real life. Really creative stuff!

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 03:17 AM »
Really cool coaster! Nice layout aswell. That flatride must have some nice interaction with the coaster.  :)
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 08:17 AM »
The small park is finally done, and in glorious 4K, will probably be the last project from me in a while.

Offline Redhair

• Can't... Stop... Playing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Wonderful!
And the coaster is so smooth!!! :0

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 03:38 PM »
What a brilliant video and beautiful little park.
I really love flyers and this is one of the best I've seen so far in PC. It had some great little nods to Starry Sky Ripper. In fact, It's like you re-invented it and made it better. Massive thumbs up! :)

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2016, 10:36 AM »
Wonderful!
And the coaster is so smooth!!! :0

Thanks I try to put most of my time into the coaster itself, which is why my scenery is kinda bad.

What a brilliant video and beautiful little park.
I really love flyers and this is one of the best I've seen so far in PC. It had some great little nods to Starry Sky Ripper. In fact, It's like you re-invented it and made it better. Massive thumbs up! :)

Thanks so much, I kinda wanted to get a few more coaster into the park, but I got too burnt out using 50 hours on this.

Offline dapalm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2016, 01:03 PM »
Lol, I made that drop on a NL2 coaster, it's exactly the same until the loop (it's called Raiatea if you want to check it out). I'm surprised how smooth the coaster is, only things wrong are the rolls l, but I think that's unavoidable with the current system.

What are you going to do with the Vekoma suspended? Would love to see it completed (you could also say it's a B&M family inverted, like the one in China)

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 12:51 AM »
Lol, I made that drop on a NL2 coaster, it's exactly the same until the loop (it's called Raiatea if you want to check it out). I'm surprised how smooth the coaster is, only things wrong are the rolls l, but I think that's unavoidable with the current system.

Wow, It does really look similair, I thought I was the only one who ever made a drop like that, but you beat it to me. Yeah the rolls are a pain in the ass, the prebuild 360 deg roll is really good to use, but they don't have a 540 deg, so it very janky in the roll. Everything else is pretty easy to smooth out, but I'ts hard to make it heartline shaped like your first drop and rolls.

I got alot of youtube comments saying it would be way too intense, do you have the numbers on the G-forces happening in the first drop, since PC doesn't show.

What are you going to do with the Vekoma suspended? Would love to see it completed (you could also say it's a B&M family inverted, like the one in China)

The Vekoma family suspended coaster is actually finished a long time ago, I just didn't post it on here. I feel like its more of a Vekoma than a B&M since the B&M coaster feels really slow. You can check it out here:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:53 AM by mTTTTn »

Offline dapalm

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 04:05 AM »

Wow, It does really look similair, I thought I was the only one who ever made a drop like that, but you beat it to me. Yeah the rolls are a pain in the ass, the prebuild 360 deg roll is really good to use, but they don't have a 540 deg, so it very janky in the roll. Everything else is pretty easy to smooth out, but I'ts hard to make it heartline shaped like your first drop and rolls.

I got alot of youtube comments saying it would be way too intense, do you have the numbers on the G-forces happening in the first drop, since PC doesn't show.

The Vekoma family suspended coaster is actually finished a long time ago, I just didn't post it on here. I feel like its more of a Vekoma than a B&M since the B&M coaster feels really slow. You can check it out here:

Don't worry about those critics, my drop is absolutely fine forces wise. Guess you won't get a perfect heartline on Planet Coaster, but the roll rate of your drop looks great, so I think it's pretty realistic.

I love that Vekoma, it's one of the smoothest rides I've seen on PC! Can you make water tunnels on alpha 3? (Instead of having to use that blue floor)

Offline mTTTTn

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2016, 04:37 AM »
Don't worry about those critics, my drop is absolutely fine forces wise. Guess you won't get a perfect heartline on Planet Coaster, but the roll rate of your drop looks great, so I think it's pretty realistic.

I love that Vekoma, it's one of the smoothest rides I've seen on PC! Can you make water tunnels on alpha 3? (Instead of having to use that blue floor)

I haven't tried, but rides can't interfere with water, but I think it would be possible with a work around, but will probably take a couple of hours.