shyguy's Building Set 4 (Released on Steam)

• 32 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
shyguy's Building Set 4 (Released on Steam)
« on: June 14, 2016, 01:43 PM »
Building Set 4

Finally, diagonal roofs!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:36 PM by shyguy »
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline muuuh

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP]shyguy's Building Set 4
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:49 AM »
Do you consider to regroup your Sets in the future? I think having all Roofs in one set, all beams in one set and all wall pieces in a set would fit better if you keep adding new sets to the game.
anyways, excellent job as usual ;)

Offline Alfredo

• Parkitect Obsessive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 03:18 PM »
I was so impressed with your other building sets, then you suddenly released an excellent 3rd one, and now I read news of a 4th! Wow!

Thank you so much for all your effort! Funnily enough, the level 4 roofs released in your last one was exactly what I was wishing for, and diagonal roofs were my next wish...! :)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 04:33 PM »
I was so impressed with your other building sets, then you suddenly released an excellent 3rd one, and now I read news of a 4th! Wow!

Thank you so much for all your effort! Funnily enough, the level 4 roofs released in your last one was exactly what I was wishing for, and diagonal roofs were my next wish...! :)
Thanks, Alfredo. And welcome to SGW. :)

Do you consider to regroup your Sets in the future?
No, I'm afraid not. That would be a lot of work and I don't know how it would affect parks using the sets now.

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 05:16 PM »
I had a thought about this and I felt the best way to explain would be to make a quick drawing in Paint to show what I meant [that I then spent far too much time on].

With the triangular parts for inside and outside corners, it should be possible to switch between regular and diagonal roofs at a 90 or 45 degree angle, as shown in 1 and 2.

Are you planning on adding pieces to switch between regular and diagonal roofs at an inbetween angle, like in 3, and the mirrored versions?

Besides that, I believe those pieces will probably work for overhangs and spires, as illustrated [in far too much detail] in figure 4.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 09:39 PM »
The regular and diagonal roof pieces will fit together as in your example #1. To do something like what you've shown in example #3 would require that the diagonal roofs fit the same size square building that the regular roofs fit. This would work on a non grid-based system. But on a square grid-based system, diagonal square buildings are much larger than their regular counterparts, as shown in example #1.

I've added Parkitect's grid to your illustration to show that example #1 is how my roofs have been designed. #2 and #3 aren't possible without adding many more shapes and sizes, which I'm not going to do. This doesn't mean that I won't create some other roof types and shapes, but I'm done with the basics.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 12:21 PM »

A new set of metal fences.

These work well with the Path Essentials Mod.

Offline Alfredo

• Parkitect Obsessive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 01:21 PM »
Very good, railings were definitely the missing thing from your great sets. I am currently using the curved railings from the Path Essentials Mod, but unfortunately it has issues with deleting certain pieces, and I'd also like to use a different look :) so I'm looking forward to your new pack.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 01:21 PM »

Some banners.  :)

Offline Alfredo

• Parkitect Obsessive
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 10:54 AM »
I can't wait to get those banners in my parks!  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 11:47 PM »
I know a lot of people are waiting for the diagonal roofs. Since it is still going to be a while until I finish this set, I decided to release a beta version of it.

Here are the remaining objects that are included in the beta.

You can download the beta version at the CS Depot -->HERE<--

I plan to add a lot more objects for the finished version.  If you have any suggestions for more banners, flags, or dormer windows, let me know.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:55 PM by shyguy »

Offline urbanloser

• Formally TMH
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP]shyguy's Building Set 4 (Beta Released)
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 08:02 AM »
ah, thank you for including a Parkitect version of my favorite fences! Lots of confusing new stuff to work with in Parkitect, but having some familiar tools helps.
////////////////////

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 08:15 AM »
Wow, you're on quite the tear here! These pieces all look awesome.

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Is there a way to install this beta on Mac? Up until now I've always used parkitectnexus.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 05:24 PM »
You need the parkitectnexus client to install all my mods. But you don't need to download any of them from the parkitectnexus site. Installation instructions are included in all downloads from the CS Depot. If my other sets work on a Mac, this one should too.

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 11:12 PM »
Sorry to be a pest, but when I download the file I don't see how to open it to find the readme.txt for the install instructions. I'm sure it's something obvious but I'm not all that great with computers. I absolutely love your building sets and use them heavily in the game. Thanks for all you produce!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 12:26 AM »
Sorry to be a pest, but when I download the file I don't see how to open it to find the readme.txt for the install instructions. I'm sure it's something obvious but I'm not all that great with computers. I absolutely love your building sets and use them heavily in the game. Thanks for all you produce!
You need to unarchive the file with something like this...https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-unarchiver/id425424353?mt=12

Offline muuuh

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 03:01 AM »
is it save to use the objects from the beta version now, or will they become ghost-objects in the park after the final version is released?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 09:45 AM »
is it save to use the objects from the beta version now, or will they become ghost-objects in the park after the final version is released?
It is perfectly safe to use them. The final version will contain more objects. Nothing will be changed with the objects that are currently included in the beta version.

Offline muuuh

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 11:17 AM »
 :up:

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 10:46 AM »
You need the parkitectnexus client to install all my mods. But you don't need to download any of them from the parkitectnexus site. Installation instructions are included in all downloads from the CS Depot. If my other sets work on a Mac, this one should too.

I was able to go through the instructions, but the destination file is different on Mac. I don't want to screw anything up by adding the file to the wrong place so I'll just be patient and wait for the full set to hit parkitectnexus. Thanks for your help though.

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 10:54 AM »

Dormer Windows that have a rounded top would be a nice addition. Also, something similar to the rounded/square roof seen in the main towers of the louvre would be sweet. The tower on the far right of this image.

The new medal roofs in they released are close to this but they are a bit short and their lack of grid sizes makes it impossible to overlap and make them bigger.

I know a lot of people are waiting for the diagonal roofs. Since it is still going to be a while until I finish this set, I decided to release a beta version of it.

Here are the remaining objects that are included in the beta.

You can download the beta version at the CS Depot -->HERE<--

I plan to add a lot more objects for the finished version.  If you have any suggestions for more banners, flags, or dormer windows, let me know.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2016, 11:55 AM »

I was able to go through the instructions, but the destination file is different on Mac. I don't want to screw anything up by adding the file to the wrong place so I'll just be patient and wait for the full set to hit parkitectnexus. Thanks for your help though.
You simply need to look for where the other mods are, and copy mine to that same folder. You can't screw anything up by placing it in the wrong folder.

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2016, 01:08 PM »
I'm using the game through Steam and when I go into the properties and browse the local files its hard to tell what and where the mods are. There aren't any files with "shyguy" or anything similar. Do you know what they would be labeled within the local game files?

You simply need to look for where the other mods are, and copy mine to that same folder. You can't screw anything up by placing it in the wrong folder.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:20 PM by RubleTrillions »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2016, 02:48 PM »
They are not under the Steam directory.

This is where they are on a Windows pc.
C:\Users\[my name]\Documents\Parkitect\pnmods.

Are you able to do a search on your mac to find where a file or folder is located? There should be a folder called "pmods" somewhere. And all my mods have "shyguy" in the title, so a search for "shyguy" should also locate the folder's location.

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2016, 07:34 PM »
They are not under the Steam directory.

This is where they are on a Windows pc.
C:\Users\[my name]\Documents\Parkitect\pnmods.

Are you able to do a search on your mac to find where a file or folder is located? There should be a folder called "pmods" somewhere. And all my mods have "shyguy" in the title, so a search for "shyguy" should also locate the folder's location.

I searched high and low on my computer with no luck. I was FINALLY able to find them by going into the game files via steam. Got them added! Thanks for your help!

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2016, 08:23 PM »
You're very welcome.

Offline RCT3BOB

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2017, 07:46 PM »

I searched high and low on my computer with no luck. I was FINALLY able to find them by going into the game files via steam. Got them added! Thanks for your help!

I've been having trouble getting this set to install on my Mac as well. Do you know specifically where you put them in the Steam game files and how it worked with Parkitect client?

Offline Candacis

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2017, 12:44 AM »
These look great!
In which program did you make those?

Is it possible to have those banners with a darker wood?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2017, 06:23 PM »
These look great!
In which program did you make those?
3dsmax

Is it possible to have those banners with a darker wood?
Yes, they're colorable.