RCT3 – Exploding the Myth of its Demise

• 50 replies
Re: RCT3 – Exploding the Myth of its Demise
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2016, 05:48 PM »
I'm still making stuff too! Haven't lost my interest in this game for now more than 8 years, it's crazy.
Maybe the output rate was a little bit too slow (4 years for one project, 2 years for one project and so on), but I discovered my hole perfectionism and "eye for details" while playing this game. Talking about planet coaster - it's a wonderfull alternative with brilliant graphics and realism. But I liked the whole time I played the game the whole imperfection-aspect: We started with normal coasters, a few little, simple CS-sets and the imagination of moving tracks, custom-layouts or recreations was just utopian, and look where we are now: We can recreate some film-pieces (Lord of the Rings), can recreate real coasters and build set-pieces which can be placed in the next fantasy/horror-...game/film. Just revolutionary (haha) movements.
I never liked the RCT-engine much, it has a loooot of bugs (talking about lighting), but when I saw the clean PC look, I missed a little the RCT-ish one. Thanks RollerCoasterTycoon 3, the awesome CS-creators and the SGW-team for so much fun in those years. Furthermore the game gave me good friends, with whom I played thousands of hours RCT and other games and who are just awesome (hope everyone found someone like them  :) ).
I'll test PC and hope it will be awesome, so maybe it is time to say goodbye RCT3, but you will always have a place in my heart.

PS: year 2066: Still using BigBurgers Timber  :D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:50 PM by MaxMagnus »

Offline squareyes

• shyguy's World rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 11:42 AM »
I stood in the game store in 2004 looking at the box of RCT3 and was hooked the moment I saw you could 'ride the rides' you build. Grew up a couple of hours from Cedar Point, Marriott's Great Adventure, King's Island etc. and the thought that I could build my own park and then ride my creations was thrilling.  I will never forget that first day I played (with "Summer Air" playing in the background) and created my first park. The only other computer game I had ever played was "Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy". So RCT3 blew my mind. Played and played. Then it got a bit boring.  I had found the Atari forum right away, and was inspired occasionally by what other's were doing, but felt I had done about all I could do...until...
  Custom Scenery ! What?!!! A few revolutions came out about the same time  (been so long I don't remember now who was first and all) that changed everything for me....DasMatze's Instant Wood, ShyGuy's Mainstreets, Belgabor's Invisible Doodads and Vodhin's Light Kit (among several others). Holy Crap ! You can do that ?!!!! The flood gates were opened and never closed. More and more awesomely creative folks kept joining in with amazing new sets to add...now it was more than just a game - it was an adventure!
  J-Cat, Marnetmar, Eletigna, Aceana, Old-Spice, DKimber.
 Now I wasn't just building coasters, I was creating hotels,parking lots, mystical swamps, subway systems in an apocalyptic world,alien battles,country fairs etc etc etc. Sometimes just spending a few hours creating a forest to walk through....
Fisherman,Weber,Ralfvieh, StationJimJr.
 :o
Then there were custom rides. You can't do that. Custom tracks. Not possible. Custom Cars.Ridiculous...
Now we have custom skies and paths and ground textures and waterfalls and river currents.....
All of these years later and I am still playing because I LOVE it - even with all of it's flaws. I feel like I have been part of some secret, magical society and the memories are endless - from the game - from the boards. Can't give that up just because a new game comes out (and I am playing it on an old spare pc still running XP).
Probably keep playing until I just simply can't any more....

Also: I just took a look at Planet Coaster and RCT World. Some potential there, but not too impressed yet. But something did occur to me, I think one of the reasons I like RCT3 so much is because most of the folks who keep it going, the custom creators, forum hosts, players and all - are people who actually go to the real parks. I think those experiences and that love for the real thing permeates the things they build and share. And I feel it. I don't think the designers of the games have spent too much time standing in long lines waiting for that 3 minute rush, getting whiplash on those rickety old woodies, perusing the gift shops just for the relief of the air conditioning, eating crappy food and loving it. Experiencing the smells and sounds and thrills and textures of actually being there is the soul of what has kept RCT3 alive in the community and what is transferred into RCT3 from the hearts of the players. I look at these new games and see a lot of gloss, but no real substance. A lot of flash, but no real heart.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:51 PM by squareyes »

Offline Kablary

• Kuh - Blah - Ree
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2016, 01:42 AM »
Good gravy, fellas. I haven't seen some of these names in eons.... AtariCommunity, holy moly. And JCat and Marnetmar - I wouldn't have gotten through RCT3 puberty (you know, that stage when you figure out CS is a thing and all other in-game components are inferior) without you two. NuclearFish as well.... so many fond memories. Though I eventually found my roots in the MixMaster. Me like the boom boom.

I stumbled back here on a whim, and boy am I glad I found this topic. It brings a tear to my eye, seeing so many voices stand up for RCT3. I absolutely echo the recollections of '04 with the release of the game. Did anybody else have the Nickelodeon magazine that interviewed Chris Sawyer before the release? It's floating around in a garage somewhere....

I've bounced around from forum to forum as a participant, a ghost, a moderator, an enemy - the gamut. But the inspiring community of creative individuals has always been the same. Thanks for making the game all the more fun <3

Offline zappublishersltd

• Camelot! - It's only a .dat file - Shh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2016, 05:09 PM »
My first RCT experience was when I found a discounted multi-pack of RCT2 and its expansions in a scholastic catalog about ten years ago. I had played DisneyCoaster and seen the boxes for RCT3 in FYE, but I'd never actually played a full themepark sim before. Seeing as this is what I'd wanted to do as a career (and still do) since I can remember, I went nuts. I spent hours with RCT2. Then I realized RCT3 was a thing.

I spent even more time in RCT3 than any other application on my computer. However I was never truly satisfied with the look of the game. I remember I found some YouTube videos of people who'd used custom content to create some truly amazing works and wondered "how do they do that." At some point I found RCTDB and downloaded a few basic sets. I noticed that a lot kept linking back to shyguysworld and ghosted here for a few years. I finally became a member in 2014 and have never regretted it. RCT3 continues to be a HUMONGOUS part of my life (or lack thereof) and I can't imagine even owning a computer without it installed. With CS and other numerous advances made by the gifted members of this community, we've been able to create the impossible. This game will never die. PC and RCTW can try to replace it, but they'll never have the charm and specialized cohesiveness of RCT3. This world we've created is truly mindboggling and I wouldn't want it any other way.

THIS GAME WILL NEVER DIE

Offline Arcturus

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2016, 12:00 PM »
Sometimes I go completely away to do other things, but I always end up coming back to this game. I have parks I've been VERY slowly working on for over a decade. I know newer games have come out, including one by Frontier, but the slightest notion of abandoning this game feels so incredibly wrong. So much love has gone into it over the years. And the modding. THE MODDING! If there has ever been something I needed that wasn't in the stock game, SOMEBODY had already made it.

All that aside, there's a unique whimsical charm to the game that I doubt will ever be seen again in any other incarnation.

Offline spacemtnman

• Full time 3D Designer, Part time drunkard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2016, 09:31 AM »
I havent played in years. I do miss the old atari boards though! i lurk here a little but its sad to think over the years how much work people put into decoding the ovl files and figuring out new ways to build and add content to the game. I cant imagine how many hours jonwil and belgabor worked on the original importer. I hate to think how many hours i sat on the forums marvelling at peoples creations (especially fisherman. cirque phantasmagorie was a masterpiece!)
I realised the other day though. If it wasnt for rct3. i wouldnt be doing what i do now. I bought rct1 as a kid, played through it, and all the expansions, then rct2 then 3. I found the forums when people were using milkshape because it was free and people could export ase files from it! Then someone wrote an ase exporter for sketchup. I downloaded sketchup (ahem, completely legit of course ;) ) and i think the first think i made were some god awful planters. I went further into rct3 and eventually wanted to do something with the camera recorder thingy. i recorded some footage and wanted to chromakey it out, so i made some big green walls and keyed out the footage. found out about after effects, and i was hooked. i started compositing and loved it , loved working with effects and loved working with video and 3d. i went to college to study film then went to university to study animation & special effects and now im a full time employed 3d artist. if it wasnt for this game, this community and the longevity and creativity of the game i wouldnt be doing this.

I miss the 'glory days' especially ripping on n00bs . if anyone remembers the gold that was the traintown thread, or the mischief jonnyears or ytivarg (or grav) caused. the legend of frogpole (RIP) , or the weird stuff between skipper and biogal then you are all awesome people :D
Lurking for months on end until one of your posts takes my fancy.

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2016, 12:57 PM »
I have been a RCT3 player for 8 years from now and three years ago I began with Pro creating, which means to create projects with a theme and story.  During these three years a released 53 projects (http://uploadimage.jimdo.com/projekte-guide/) (53th released today) and each of them have there own story, inspiration and memories when creating it and it is awesome. The count of feedback and views of my projects did decrease constantly, which I first felt in Mid-2015 where my projects weren't that much viewed any more and now in 2016, where I had less than a half of the views that I had in 2015.
After all that's not a problem!
As long that there are still other players it still makes fun to create and share the work. I till have so many ideas for rides, Stories and parks that are all waiting to be implemented into RCT3! I am really looking forward to an awesome year of RCT3 projects in 2017 by me and many other users!
In 2014 I would have said that we were just at the beginning, now I say we are not longer at the beginning, we are on a way with no end!

Kind regards
Erik RCT
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 01:01 PM by Erik RCT »

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2016, 01:19 PM »
You have some great projects by the way.  I especially like your "Space Cube" ride.

Offline P8nt

• BING
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2020, 02:22 AM »
Well it seems I am almost 4 years late to this party but I've just finished my whiskey sitting at my desk about to open Planet Coaster and all the memories of AtariCommunity rushed back to me from my teen years.  I reminisce about that forum once or twice a year weirdly enough...  Pathetically, most of my high school memories revolve around racing home from school to get on the forum to talk with my friends in the community chat area, download some CS and watch everyone else create these amazing artistic rides/parks (I was never too great ;D).  I can't remember a lot of the usernames but I can picture most of the avatars of the members that I so looked forward to reading posts from...

I miss watching and participating in the contests ran by ytivarg who would edit these submission videos that just...always blew me away.  Everyone put so much work into their submissions it was almost so exciting to see what everyone would build (especially the group competitions!)

I miss the support section where Biogal or others would be able to walk anyone through their technical issues and resolve before Atari support would even think to respond.  All the tutorial threads that I treated as important as my school work because I so desperately wanted to be as good as the best builders in the community.

I miss the excitement of Fisherman...Shyguy...N7...Ytivarg....JmainAZ creating a new thread for us to all drool over the hours they spent creating these masterpieces that blow real life coasters and parks out of the water.  (If anyone knows JmainAZ I would love to look back at his creations!  I weirdly still remember his website was putmeonthenet.net)  There were so many others that I cant remember the names of but these 5 were always who I looked up to as creation masters.

I miss creating threads of rides or parks and sitting there with knots in my stomach as I hit "Submit thread" and watch as people react to what I had just made.  Threads and threads of community support with each other suggesting fixes, giving new ideas, etc.

Mostly I miss the community section of the forum.  The dry humor that always confused but intrigued me from people like Frogpole (RIP) to Martenmar...  There was this poster who always responded to threads with relevant lyrics to whatever the topic was but I can't for the life of me remember his username.  Who else... Aoishi! I remember his skull avatar.  As I type I'm remembering more and more avatars and names.  The members like Bitterjeweler who absolutely terrified me.  The ones I would talk to daily... LightGrenades (cant remember his atari username but he made the coaster catwalk cs that became a staple in everyones RCT CS collection)..  LoveTulie? I think that was how you spelled it.  She was a sweet, innocent poster who always cracked everyone up.  Cancerbat!  A definite troll but deep down a really sweet person who helped me through a lot of personal problems.  GreatGatsby...  Said he worked at Disney but we were all never really sure...lol...  Of course the drama with The Skipper and Biogal.  Holy shit I still remember the thread when Gravity revealed what the Skipper PM'd him that ultimately lead to his downfall as Moderator!  There were a load of british posters who had shown me so much music I still listen to today that I can't remember the names of.  Wabigbear who would ALWAYS be the peace maker.  You knew the drama would end when he would post (also there's no way Wabi would remember but he helped me with a school project once about Sao Paolo!)

I'm rambling and the Whisky has definitely done it's job.  Anyway...That was really fun to think back on and sorry for bumping a 4 year old thread.  :) 

EDIT:  Username on atari was P8ntball123 I believe....I can't remember. I joined in 08

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2020, 08:40 PM »
Hey, P8nt. I remember seeing your Atari username on the old site. :)  I was a lurker then, didn't post anything. Heck, I was a lurker here at SGW for many years as well. I didn't become a member here till 2 years ago. I enjoyed reading your reminiscences of the old days. I too, remember it pretty much as you describe. I also miss Frogpole (his SGW name was Brother Frog, shyguy reminded me in another thread) and his acid-tongued wit.

Are you gonna show us what you're working on in Planet Coaster? Do you still dabble in RCT3? Nice to hear from you.  -JB

Offline planetthrilldude57

• Building and rebuilding visions
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2020, 12:57 AM »
Well, my turn. I remember picking up the game cira 2005ish and I remember my mom coming upstairs to my bedroom to help me install rct3 since we just bought a new computer at the time and I remember being so excited by the main menu screen with the safari music playing in the background and being ready to jump into this game! A few years later, cira 2007, I had discovered the old atari forums. I wasn't a member, just a lurker from time to time. This was also the first time I had discovered custom scenery was a thing and that opened up a whole new world of endless possibilities for the game. Ah yes, the memories are all rushing back to me.(Never fails to put a smile on my face) In regards to rct3's demise, I think it's safe to say that sgw activity is probably at an all time low. (For both pc and rct3) It makes me sad because when I used to lurk here back in 2011-2016, I remember the constant posting of rct3 projects and ssd (of course) made me so happy to realize that there was a community out there with heart and passion putting in there all to show how fantastic rct3 could be! Seeing the forums like this now... sucks. Maybe a new generation of players might discover these awesome forums and give birth to another round of rct3 activity again.

Thanks to Shy Guy and this wonderful community for showing off the best of what sgw has to offer!  :)

Make the magic happen

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2020, 11:58 PM »
Now P8ntball is a name I recognise. That is one incredibly nostalgic post! I do miss those days but I know that quite a few names you mention are kicking around still.

Welcome back :)

Offline TheFreshEffect

• That's not my bag baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2020, 07:06 AM »
Crazy, found myself at a loose end and thinking about RCT, tried to find the old RCT posts on Atari and nothing, did a search and came across here. Surprisingly I still remember my log in details, although I hadn't used them in a decade.

Not gonna lie, pretty fun to read about some of the old Atari usernames and the like. I actually have RCT on my phone which I sometimes play to kill time, and I did have a phase of watching Planet Coaster videos (got back into that during lockdown). Maybe one day I'll buy it and finally finish a park.

Original username - live_the_thrill, changed to TheFonz and TheFreshEffect later.

:mad:

Offline francescoaster

• Custom Content for Everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2020, 01:21 PM »
Well, time to write something, I guess...  ::)

I first saw RCT3 around 2008, when my cousin installed the game on her computer, but she wasn't able to get it working. I was like the PC nerd of the family so she asked me for help. A DirectX related issue: Reinstalled DX, and Boom! The game started. I had a blast, so I asked if I could borrow the setup CD (it was bundled with another game, and at least you didn't had to keep the CD in the drive for playing). I played a lot, without knowing about custom content or even the expansion packs (it was just the base game)!

Some years later I found an RCT3 platinum CD at a garden sale (and finally bought my own copy of the game :-X), and started surfing the net for custom content. There was an italian site about themeparks and theme park related games that was called Coastercommunity (now defunct).

One of the most active members (whose name was Enrico) had chosen EnriCoaster as username, and I liked the idea, so I registered there as Francescoaster (my name is Francesco). I kept that name when I later registered to (the now defunct) RealTycoon3 Forum, and started creating custom content, mainly NL-exported custom tracks... I found that I liked creating CC more than playing the game itself, and never stopped since, I'm still playing and creating contents form time to time, after 12 years. When Realtycoon3 started dying I moved here, and here I am.  :)

Offline Gravquian

• Herbie Popnecker / The Fat Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2020, 01:43 PM »
I bought my 1st game, RCT (1), shortly after the initial release.
From Walden Books (in Evansville &/or Terre Haute, Indiana).

Used to buy D&D (and AD&D) supplies from Walden Books,
K.B. Toys, and Toys-R-Us.  Y'all recall those stores ?
Cafe.Naver  File  Downloading  Tutorial  ... http://www.shyguysworld.com/Archive/index.php/topic,12722.0.html
 Shameful plugs: Gravquian's Generics & Gravquian's Rug Thread

" A novel set, requires more than novice experience! "

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Ya'll are bringing back good memories. I myself picked up the game in 2006. Gosh, it doesn't even feel like it's been 14 years ago. I'm still glad that their is still a small group of us who are still playing (whether making parks or creating custom content). I'm forever grateful that I decided to sign up here.
And for memories sake, first rct3 video I saw on youtube

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2020, 07:57 PM »
I bought 'Vanilla' in 2005, about a month or so before Soaked! came out. I had been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer at the time and RCT3 helped me take my mind off all the anxiety and discomfort of the chemo therapy (I got better ;)). When Soaked came out, I looked at the box in the store and saw that it was (seemingly) all about waterparks. Well I wasn't too keen on building waterparks so I put the box back on the store shelf. A month or so later I looked at the box again, more closely, and discovered that many new flat rides and coaster types were included (plus new themes). Also, you could now tunnel into the ground, which you could not do with Vanilla. They had me at 'tunneling', and I immediately bought Soaked!; loved it. Then when Wild! came out I snatched it up right away. Hated having to install all the disks and patch the game, so when Platinum came out I bought that right away as well. And several years later I bought a backup copy of Platinum, just in case something happened to my original Platinum disk. So all-in-all, I've spent quite a bit of $$$ on RCT3. And glad of it. :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 08:00 PM by JB »

Offline loopycoasterfan

• Conceptualize our world
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2020, 08:01 PM »
Wow! How did I not see this thread yet? Well, my rct3 story is quite uninteresting compared to everyone else but I'll share anyway. My journey with rct3 started quite late. I actually picked up the game during the summer of 2011. I was actually quite skeptical of the game because I had been the longest fan of rct2 which I actual got after the first few weeks of it's release. When a former gamer friend of mine told me about this website called shy guy's world where everyone was releasing amazing projects, I decided to check it out. I skimmed through here and was amazed at all the projects that were being produced here! However, I decided not to make an account here earlier (a decision which I still regret) because my projects weren't quality ready. Fast forward several years later and here I am, with an account and have posted my first project about a week ago.

Now in regards to rct3's demise, I don't truly believe that they'll ever be a day where rct3 is completely dead. Even if theirs only 8 or hell, 2 people playing the game and sharing their creations, then I don't think this game will ever truly "die". With the release of the complete edition, I think maybe that will garner re interest in the game. Now I say that but who knows.  :-X

Now in regards to parkitect and planet coaster, I certainly do think that these 2 games have set a new precedent on what it means to be a theme park simulation game. With that being said, Planet coaster will NEVER be a replacement for me. While their are people out there who have made amazing stuff with this game, for me personally, it just really never caught on for me. The game allows "too much" freedom and I really enjoy the grid based systems from the rct trilogy which leads me into Parkitect. Parkitect, I absolutely adore the art style and direction with the game and I'm happy that we have this game as an alternative for those looking a "modernized" version of rct. I still have this game on my wishlist and can't wait to get my hands on this game once I have the opportunity to sit down and learn everything!

All this being said, I think rct3 is one of those few games that people within the community have a strong attachment to despite all the flaws and technical issues this game has. I think what really makes rct3 so special is that it was like watching a person mature from a teen to an adult (weird simile, I know). Seeing all the custom content creators push the limits of modding over the years for this game has really made it stand out and watching it evolved all these years later has made it something really special and unique to witness (something planet coaster can't replicate). I'll keep coming back to playing this game so long as I have the time and imagination to create something in this amazing game and I will surely be on the lookout for the future of what's to come!

Thanks to all the creators out there who have made phenomenal contributions to this game, you guys rock!

Rct2 and 3 you are love.

I bought my 1st game, RCT (1), shortly after the initial release.
From Walden Books (in Evansville &/or Terre Haute, Indiana).

Used to buy D&D (and AD&D) supplies from Walden Books,
K.B. Toys, and Toys-R-Us.  Y'all recall those stores ?

Rip K.B. Toys

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2020, 05:57 AM »
P8nt!

So sorry to have missed this thread, but I haven't played RCT3 in ages and instead just Planet Coaster, so I tend to miss many of the posts here...

Wabigbear who would ALWAYS be the peace maker.  You knew the drama would end when he would post (also there's no way Wabi would remember but he helped me with a school project once about Sao Paolo!)

LOL!  Well, truthfully I've had my share of provoking drama as well over the years as well...but I blame that on being old and crotchety.  Your post did jog my memory a little about the school project...that was quite a while ago!

I'm one of the REAL old-timers, back from the early days of RCT1, the old RCT Station, then later at RCT Depot and Atari once RCT2 came out.  Not as old as citytrader, but definitely for most of the 20+ years the community has existed.  Despite numerous requests, pleadings, threats and outright offers of bribes, I'm still here, even if rather more sedate than in the old days.

Yep, the community section at Atari was 'interesting' at times, but I dearly miss some of the people.  I even look forward to Jonnyears annual visit here to shamelessly troll for Happy Birthday wishes, we were like some large, weird family with a bunch of strange uncles.

Great to hear from you...and I'll drop a note to Jason (JmainAZ) that you mentioned him!

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2020, 08:30 AM »
As old as who????

;D

Offline JKNori

• The one formerly known as Jackoasta
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2020, 12:48 PM »
...woah

How long has it been since I joined the community? I'd say.....

2008 - I was 11 years old.

I remember having the game disc and it's expansions in an Atari collection (that also had RCT2, it's expansions and a random city sim). Booting up the game, I played the scenarios to completion and then dabbled into sandbox mode, seeing if I can make a good park. And then the CS boom happened....

The first community I remembered joining was on the old Atari forums and Vodhin's forums as well. Going by the name Jackoasta, I explored the early CS scene, playing around with scenery like JCat's Steelworx and some of Vodhin's sets.

2011 (14 years old) was when I jumped ship onto here: SGW!

This is when I really got into modded RCT3, seeing the huge potential the game has for modded content. I remembered when shy was starting to make Wonder World, watching the xtranormal episodes and being transfixed within the game's community, commenting on really exciting projects (at the time at least  ;D ).

I think it was roughly 2012-2013 when the scene really started to blow up, some really cool custom content was starting to come in and we had some really amazing projects from the likes of zeroG, Silvarret (helped me understand the advanced parts of RCT3 building).

2013-2014 was a great period for the community as well as myself: I became a writer on The Ambassador, having a lot of fun writing articles on really awesome projects within the community as well as taking part in two of the SSDs as well as making great friends along the way.

What kind of stopped me being a part of the community was my sixth form work, which was really important to me as my aspirations became clear that I wanted to get into uni for game art/computing. This was the moment where I started to play the game less and less until....

The announcement of Planet Coaster came as well as that acceptance offer from my uni, doing the dream course in Computer Games Modelling and Animation.

As soon as that happened, I completely stopped playing the game to focus on uni and I'd browse SGW once in a while to check up on everything.

2018 comes and I've graduated from uni and have been focused on PlanCo for a while, seeing amazing projects come from that community while I keep an eye on RCT3 to see what people are doing and my heart breaks to see that community...stagnate a bit.

But then 2020 came and the announcement of RCT3: Complete Edition came! A few days ago, I got it for free on the Epic Games Store, got all my CC back in and loaded the game back up for the first time in 5 years.

It honestly felt like 2013 again and I've started to get back to my mojo that I had back then, I've started to play around with sets again and considered starting a brand NEW project.

What are my intentions? I'd like to get back to doing some awesome projects to showcase how far I've come and what I've learnt through uni, PlanCo and digging back to old school YouTube tutorials.

Even if I stopped playing for good, the fire from the community has really inspired me to do amazing things. I learnt from The Ambassador to never stop my passion for the community and the gaming industry itself and that experience did really help me write my dissertation based on virtual reality and visual fidelity.

The builders of old (Belotto, zeroG, ImagineerTim and Silv) have really ignited my inspiration to create some truly amazing work within my degree and my personal portfolio to pursue in a (hopefully!) career in game environment art, as well as building wonderful projects in RCT3.

The positive spirit and friends I made from the community (Shoutout to the old Ambassador crew, the SSD teams I have been in (Mac, Dutcher/Wouter and Max for SSD'14 and PandaCoasters, Cling87 and Kiotho (The old Mystery gang  :D ) in SSD'15) have really inspired me to come out of my shell and really sparked my personality and ended up making friends that I will have for life.

My name may have changed from Jackoasta to JKNori, but I will always have that spark from the RCT3 community will never die and I will always be here in the game no matter what.

Cheers,

Jack  :sorcerer:

that feels so nostalgic!