Forbidden Valley with a Twist (Alton Towers) Update- More details and Rides

• 12 replies

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Welcome to Forbidden Valley with a Twist. I thought it was about time I made a thread.

It's the Alton Towers Forbidden Valley we know, but not quite how we know it. I decided not to do an actual recreation but something close. The trackwork for Nemesis and Galactica (Air) were done entirely from memory, as was the Nemesis station. I thought that if I don't keep looking at photos and videos, my imagination would free up. The flat rides are different to real life and some extra themeing has been thrown in, some of it inspired by the original ideas for Air's oasis. Anyway, enough gabbing.

Sit back, it's fright time and prepare yourself for a Nemesis-fest.

Here's looking down Forbidden Valley with Nemesis Sub Terra to the left and The Blade (Insanity) to the right.

What's going on in there?

The queue-line entrance for Nemesis

Inside the station

Down the first drop

Over the queue-line

Into the first corkscrew

Around the helix

And up into the Zero-G over the station

Around the stall turn

And into the loop

Final corkscrew

Into the break-run

NEMESIS!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:13 PM by Nemmie »

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Forbidden Valley with a Twist (Alton Towers)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 07:32 AM »
WOW!

Really fucking epic Theming and Coaster Design! Looks great! Thnx for sharing!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Kinderly

• Enjoy it while it lasts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 09:20 AM »
This is the best thing I've seen in this game so far. Such a creative use of pieces, and I can't believe you made this from memory! I'm still trying to figure out how you made that structure in the 6th picture. I can see the arrow track, but I'm just confused how you got around the collision box. ???

Anyways, you've done an amazing job. I hope we get to see air as well at some point.

Offline Deuce

• RCTW vs TPS? Tough one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 07:29 AM »
This is stunning! Such a creative use of scenery! This sort of thing does make me question the value of UGC in this particular game. In RCT3 it was a great way to elevate your designs over other peoples... But in PC being clever about using the stock scenery is just as valid as a way of showing talent. And the great thing is that if you inspire others, anyone with the game has the same tools and pieces at their disposal.

Do you have videos on the way??

Also - do you find using the water jets in that qty to make streams/water falls kills FPS?
Atari, I'm a good person. I just don't like you for moral reasons. The games are pretty crap too..

Offline Deuce

• RCTW vs TPS? Tough one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 07:30 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out how you made that structure in the 6th picture. I can see the arrow track, but I'm just confused how you got around the collision box. ???

I think it's the arrow track scenery arch, sunk below ground level :)
Atari, I'm a good person. I just don't like you for moral reasons. The games are pretty crap too..

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 05:38 AM »
This is probably one of my most favourite ideas out there. Take a real zone, try to recreate and then add your touches.

I would be here a lifetime describing how much I love stuff like the PERFECT recreation of the nemesis logo using the fire, or how magnificent the monorrail is.
There so many incredible ideas here that look so hard to imagine for the first time. Major props!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 10:08 AM »
Hi everyone.
I've just got back from London after watching Andy Murray smash it on Centre Court at the Wimbledon final so I've got loads to catch up on.

Just thought I'd say thank you all so  much for the kind words and to answer some questions.

Hey Kinderly. The Nemesis drill is as Deuce so cunningly spotted, the smaller coaster arch scenery sunken into the ground and repeated at different rotations.

Only Air (Galactica), Nemesis and the Nemesis station were done entirely from memory. I've used reference shots for some of the pathwork and buildings as I couldn't always quite remember how things joined up. I've still put my own spin on it though. I've been to Atlon Towers A LOT and have been on Nemesis well over 100 times and Air a lot so I feel as I really know the rides. The trackwork on my versions aren't as accurate as they would have been if I'd taken a bit of time over it, but they definitely have the feel of the rides and that's good enough for what I wanted.

Also, I will show you all Air. All the track and pathwork is there as well a a couple of other touches I don't want to reveal yet, but It's so incomplete, it looks a bit too bare to show for now.

Deuce, There definitely are videos on the way. I haven't filmed anything yet so I don't know when they'll come.

I completely agree with what you're saying about UCG, but I would desperately still want it. One of my favourite RCT3 parks that I'm desperate to recreate in PC would be impossible at the moment. I'm not a custom content creator but the talent and generosity of other members, (especially here at SGW), gave us so many pieces that we could pretty much build what we want.

As for the frame-rate, it only dips a little if you fill your screen with the Nemesis sign, but by being literally 2 feet away from it. Apart from that, it runs smooth as silk.

SPRidley. Yeah thanks. I was originally going to just build Nemesis but completely re-theme it so it had a completely different feel. But then I built Air/Galactica and I started looking at the building pieces and wondered if | could build the station. I then knew that my OCD for detail would never be satisfied if I tried a full-on recreation as there just isn't the content in the game to do it. It would only ever be an approximation. So that's when I decided to add the "twist" of having Forbidden Valley but not quite as we know it.
It's very close but certainly isn't as faithful as your WB Madrid park (AMAZING) by the way.

JayBlastOne. As usual, kind and supportive words. Thanks buddy.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Hi people. I've been on this over the last couple of days so here's an update.

The Edge Games has taken it's place at the entrance to Forbidden Valley. It's full of arcade games for people to mindlessly spend their money in. Oh and my version sells hats.

Along the side, there's a load of shops as well as somewhere to sit. Here's The Burger Kitchen

Shoot the hoops game. I wish you could win a Gulpee plushy here

The entrance for The Blade (insanity) The real ride is a really old swinging ship (over 30 years) that's themed to a really old swinging ship who's bow and stern have been taken off to be replaced with a very unconvincing Blade like thingy, that doesn't go very high anymore. I decided something a bit more exciting was in order.

The entrance and queueline entrance for Ripsaw (The Forge). As there's no Huss Topspin in the game, (heck, there's no Huss Topspin in Forbidden Valley anymore), I used the Forge.

I always liked the ride-op booth for Ripsaw

You may get a little wet on this ride, or hot.

On the left is the Nemesis ride photo shop and on the right is Fresh Fish and Chips (also sells Chief Beef products)

Prepare for Air

Offline Gilirion

• I'll have your milksteak, medium cooked, please.
    • View Profile
Very nice! Love your take on Forbidden Valley here. :)

Can't wait to see more of Air!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
well! that photo shop looks cool.
a different new shop :)

cool work as alwayse nemmie!
Keep it up!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Thanks you two.

I have to say that I'm going to try to really make Air a bit special. I love the coaster. It's really floaty. And when you're flipped onto your back and the sun's blazing down, (yes, it does happen sometimes here in England), the feeling of the sun on you face as you swoop round is amazing. It's really relaxing which is a weird thing for a coaster. I also think it's  really beautiful and elegant, sitting in it's little oasis.

When it was built, a chunk of the theming budget was cut, so unfortunately, most of the gorgeous theming concepts never saw the light of day. I remember seeing them years ago and thinking "if only". And that bloody ugly concrete tunnel between the station and lift hill! Coaster nerds have been ranting about it (and rightly so) for 14 years.

So my vision is a mix of both Air and Galactica. I'm using Air's original theming ideas as the starting point and I'm theming the tunnel. I don't know how far I'll push it but  I just hope it turns out beautiful.

Offline Guy_With_A_Stick

• Come for the creds, stay for the Taco Bell
    • View Profile
Wow, this looks fantastic! I love the way you made Nemesis. It looks very realistic. Well done! :)

The rest of Forbidden Valley looks great as well. I really like the different ride selection. I'm excited to see how you created Galactica/Air.
Top 10: Voyage | Goliath(SFGAm) | Skyrush | Maverick | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | Viper(SFGAm) | Superman: Ride of Steel | Top Thrill Dragster | Lightning Run

I'm the guy who is supposed to be smart, but has less work ethic than a senior after getting accepted to a college.

Offline Toborg123

• Celebrating The RCT Community
    • View Profile
    • Toborg Productions
Looking spectacular thus far Nemmie. I'm really like what you've done to spruce up Forbidden Valley, and both new attractions seem like good, logical choices. Your Nemesis is looking fantastic, and I can't wait to see what you've done with Air!
Finally back after an unexpectedly long hiatus!