Gilirion's PC Workshop :: Tropical Diver [8/1]

• 12 replies

Offline Gilirion

• I'll have your milksteak, medium cooked, please.
    • View Profile
Gilirion's PC Workshop :: Tropical Diver [8/1]
« on: July 22, 2016, 10:59 PM »
[spoiler]

Cheesy title aside, this is my first project in PC, and I'm not planning on making it too expansive or serious. In all likelihood it'll end up being a mini-park of sorts with maybe two coasters max and the like, with mostly foliage and terrain taking up the park (hence the "nature" theme).

And no, unlike what the title may imply, not everything will be themed after wolves. ;)

This coaster is pretty much all there is in the park, apart from some path outlines and placeholder flatrides (with the exception of the droptower, which I plan to keep where it is). There'll definitely be more of the station for the coaster in the next update, as the back facade is not only much nicer looking, but also incomplete.

Thanks for viewing!
[/spoiler]

The spoiler contains my Lupine Valley content. The thread is more or less a workshop thread for my PC content (which is better anyways, as the game hasn't officially released quite yet).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:58 PM by Gilirion »

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: [WIP] Lupine Valley -- Sunrise of the Old Wolf (4/23)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:12 PM »
Well the beginning looks interesting. and i also like your style of pictures you take. will definitly follow on here!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Gilirion

• View Profile
Gilirion's PC Workshop :: Tropical Diver [7/28]
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 05:15 PM »
Thanks for the comment! :)

I may or may not have decided to scrap Lupine Valley as a project; it was more or less a test file to get myself familiar with the game. At some point I might get back to it, and because of that, I've decided to go ahead and just make this thread a sort of "dump" for all of my creations in Planet Coaster (at least until the full game releases).

Anyways, this more realized project is a sort of mini-park (with one central attraction). Those who have been following the "What Did You Just Do in Planet Coaster" thread will have seen my progress on the park, so in the meantime, I'll just leave these two photos in to show just where that progress is.

I can't say for certain whether or not a POV of the ride will even be possible (at least a high-quality, high fps video). My computer already can't handle this project, and it's barely even filled the size of the sandbox, so chances are I won't be able to do anything too ambitious until I get a better PC. Maybe in Christmas I can get some upgrades, since I think that's when the developers plan on releasing the game.

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
Re: Gilirion's PC Workshop :: Tropical Diver [7/28]
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 02:50 AM »
This is just awesome! I love the style of your buildings and the interaction with the coaster. Can't wait to see more. :)
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline Gilirion

• View Profile
Re: Gilirion's PC Workshop :: Tropical Diver [7/30]
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 01:57 PM »
^Thanks! :)

Changed the colors a bit, as I found the red to be a bit unfitting with the area. I'm still debating on whether or not I'll keep it as this lime green, or maybe make it light blue.

Bit of an overview shot of the market area, along with the coaster sitting idly on the side.

Front and side of the station, complete with an overabundance of seaweed vines. Still lots to do with the station, as well as the lift hill. Otherwise the coaster is basically complete.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:59 PM by Gilirion »

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 04:16 PM »
This looks wonderful. I love the way everything looks. I wish your pictures were a little more revealing so we could see more of the area as a whole, but I guess that keeps me wanting to see more huh?  ;)

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 10:46 AM »
That temple thing--wow. Love your editing on your pictures, too. It really helps sell the feeling/vibe you're trying to achieve. Lookin' forward to more.

Offline sdanwolf

• Where Am I? And Who Are You People?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 01:01 PM »
That temple is AMAZING. Everything about this is so high quality, I hope your comp will let us see some live action.Great job!

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 08:44 AM »
The editing of the photos in the last update is superb. Fantastic views and lovely landscape.

Offline Gilirion

• View Profile
Re: Gilirion's PC Workshop :: Tropical Diver [8/1]
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 06:56 PM »
@Drowning|Star- Thanks! I got a few more area shots in this update, don't worry. ;)
@mb1.0.2- Thanks masked! Heh, sometimes I feel like I overedit, but I'm glad you like it. :)
@sdanwolf- Thank you! Let's hope it can, but with how low the frame rate is getting (even at low settings), I don't think I'll be able to. :(
@RCT D!- Thank you! Glad you like the editing and such.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be able to continue this mini-project, as the frame rate drops more and more with each update (I'm getting to the low teens now :no:). I might be able to add some finishing touches here and there, and take some final screenshots, but I doubt that filming will be possible.

Anyways, I took some more area shots in this update, and also a few night shots to show the night atmosphere, as well as an overview of the area surrounding the diver.

If I can get more stuff in this project, I'll be sure to update the thread with that content. If not, expect a new project of sorts (something small enough so I can both film for and get done with before the release of Alpha 3).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:57 PM by Gilirion »

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 11:25 PM »
great great great work!
Really cool!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 03:40 AM »
This is looking great. The station is fantastic. I really like the layered look.
Call me weird but I love the original colour of the track. It looks great against all the green. It's probably not fitting of your theme though.
I would love to see some unedited pics though. PC makes everything look so gorgeous that I feel it's a shame that so much detail is lost with editing.
But great ride. Hope you can carry on with it. Darn lag......

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 04:33 AM »
The layout looks awesome! I really like the path interaction and theming around the coaster. It makes the coaster feel hidden inside the forest. The small circular town does look nice, but feels a bit weird when everything is so green and hidden and this small area is quiet open (or so it seems). Maybe you could add some more foliage to hide it more?