Blast Point Resort - Things Are Going Up

• 128 replies

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Blast Point Resort - Things Are Going Up
« on: August 22, 2016, 12:35 PM »
Welcome to Blast Point Resort.

This is one of 3 park projects I have on the go at the moment along with Discovery Valley and Forbidden Valley with a Twist.

Blast Point is the bigger, brasher sister park to Discovery Valley. It's going to be a beast of a themepark and resort. While Discovery Valley is evolving naturally and realistically with each Alpha update with pure theme zones, Blast Point is a bit more in your face. I want to experiment a bit more here.
With Alpha 3 coming tomorrow I thought I'd show you all what I have so far.
There's The Blast Point Hotel which some of you may have seen at the start of April when I built the main structure as well as the entrance plaza and main gates. Enjoy!

A new day at Blast Point Hotel

Here's the entrance plaza. The arch on the left leads from the carparks and to the right is the main park entrance.

The main gate and ticket booths.

Stay and play at the Blast Point Hotel.

Although the standard rooms at the back of the hotel don't have any park or pool views, they still look out over the surrounding hills.

Leading up to reception from the entrance plaza.

Reception. The check-in desk at the back

At either side of reception is the ground floor corridors with the first set of lifts.

Behind reception is the way out to the pool.

Off to the side are the hotel gardens. It's a great place to chill after a full-on day in the themepark. There's an outside bar that sells all kinds of drinks and snacks. Bands and entertainers often perform out here.

Here's some cheeky night-shots.

A little peak at what's coming in Alpha 3.

Thanks for coming and watch this space.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 06:28 AM by Nemmie »

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
Re: Blast Point Resort
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 01:14 PM »
Looks like a really good start, Nemmie! Can't wait to see what you do with alpha 3.  :)
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 11:01 PM »
Well Nemmie, i saw your Hotel way back in April. Cool Start for an big fat amusement park!
Iam with you and following you trough Alpha3!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Jon

• schwifty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 04:01 AM »
You've really captured the essence of a hotel in that building, all the big sweeping rows of balconies around the pool. I love it. 

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 02:30 PM »
Blast Point Hotel looks great. Love the interiors. Can't wait to see this develop.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Re: Blast Point Resort - Quick Update
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 08:35 AM »
Hi everyone.

It's been a while since I updated this thread so I thought I'd do a quick round up of stuff I'd posted in other threads and give you a little taste of what I'm doing with it now.

Here's the start of my second attempt at the mainstreet. I didn't like my first one so I completely scrapped it, and changed the paths too.

Also, now that we have water, I completely revamped the pool area at the Blast Point Hotel.

Here's a nearly complete mainstreet.

And here's what I've just done. I've imported Nightshade, My spooky Wing-rider into the park. I've deleted a lot of the rocks that were part of my blueprint and replaced them with terraforming. It looks a lot better and more natural now. I've also added the other smash-through building that I couldn't add to the blueprint because of the 1000 piece limit. This building has 330 pieces.
Loads more landscaping and theming is being added too.

Hope you all come back soon. Major update coming soon.

Thanks, Malc

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 10:27 AM »
This sure is getting interesting! The Nightshade logo is fantastic, though its position it questionable. I myself would move it to inner circle where that little drop is, so it is in front of the station. But as you said, you are going to add more theming etc. later so my opinion might change :P

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 11:35 AM »
Thanks BluePirit.
You're completely right about where the ride sign is though. It was only plonked there on the blueprint so I could frame it in a pic with the station. It may stay there but I've already mucked about with it's position. I'm thinking of the sign being under the corkscrew with the main entrance one side of it and the priority pass entrance the other. I've already figured out how I'd do that.

Also, where do you mean for the sign to go? I'm being a bit stupid :D If you mean right in front of the station, I'll give it a go to see how it looks, but I think it might be too big.
 :)

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 01:45 AM »
Somewhere over here. I imagine a path going straight towards it with the logo facing it.

But again, maybe other places might be even better when the theming and landscape is more finished.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 05:34 AM »
Alrighty thanks. I can see what you mean. I'll try it out to see how it looks  :)

Offline helpe1234

• Mack Rides Master Race
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 12:22 PM »
Will you have designated areas for different themes? Nightshade seems to contrast the bright mainstreet a lot.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2016, 01:22 PM »
Will you have designated areas for different themes? Nightshade seems to contrast the bright mainstreet a lot.

Yes. There will be different themed areas. Nightshade is in the spooky area. Just in time for Halloween. I've already got some ideas for the zones but it'll probably change and evolve as I build.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 10:49 PM »
Great update. i like the new mainstreet and the path works!
Also that Rock in the middle looks special. what is the plan about this?

Oh and, your pool now looks just perfect!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2016, 01:29 PM »
Thanks Jay.

The rock in the middle is my alternative to a Disney castle. I wanted a focal point at the end of the Main street that would also block the view of the back of the park. There's also something going on in there. It isn't a functional peep-friendly (can we still say that) thing, but I wanted the rock to have a function. All will be revealed when I get up off my lazy back-side and get a proper update sorted. The spooky area is just about finished as is the mainstreet so I'll get on it soon.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Re: Blast Point Resort - Opening Soon. Promo video released.
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 09:40 AM »

Blast Point Resort is finally ready to welcome it's first guests.
I'm really bad for working on something for a while, and then either burning out or getting myself distracted with another project. I was ready to open the park a couple of months ago and then the update dropped.

I'd used the coloured plastic walls A LOT and the update completely got rid of this set and replaced it with the grey, rough concrete set.

It changed Blast Street from this,

to this

It looked like some 80s communist dictator had taken over. The hotel was totally messed up. All the signs I'd used for the neon were suddenly huge. I have to admit, I was a bit, well, let's say, not happy  and it really made me not want to carry on with this park. I really couldn't face replacing all those pieces.
After a few weeks, I realised that the plastic walls weren't coming back so I bit the bullet and decided to fix it all.

But it really was a good thing. It forced me to go back in and improve it. A lot of the colours were changed slightly and made more vibrant. I was never happy with the colour options for the yellow building, for example, so the new colours are so much better. Also the new signs gave me far more options so there is more neon on the buildings and it's far more colourful.
It certainly wasn't an easy fix. In total, I had to go in and individually replace 1081 pieces, some of which weren't that easy to select.

Here's what 1081 pieces of ugly concrete look like,dumped behind Blast Street. The pile on the left is from the hotel and the pile on the right is from Blast Street and the rock.

But now, it's looking better than ever and colour has returned to Blast Point.

Nightshade is going through it's final round of testing

And first promo video has been released

Hope to see you all on opening day.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 10:48 AM »
Blast Point looks better than ever! Can't wait for the grand opening. :clap:

Offline Montu.

• HL, Highlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 12:43 PM »
Wow, that's some patience to re do all of those walls.

Absolutely love that logo you made in game. And I cannot wait to see Nightshade. That has to be the best wingcoaster made in the game thus far.

Offline TOGOFan

• Everyone can be nothing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 02:29 PM »
I remember seeing a couple of screenshots of that stunning Blast Point Hotel in the Best Pictures thread, but wasn't aware you had started a thread on this back in November. This is just brilliant and as far as unique projects go, unlike anything I've seen done on PC to date. It's really exuding a 1980s Miami (or other transition zone area//almost-tropical-but-not-quite) feel.  :mad:up:

You just sense that behind those gates, wave pools, water buckets and water slides galore await (but... to some people's dismay, that won't exactly be the case. Still, I'm sure there will be a ton of refreshing attractions.  :sweat: )

Your liberal use of those curved white pieces (forget the name) in your structures is brilliantly executed and certainly doesn't come off as "using them for the sake of using them," they seem inextricable, like they really do belong there.

I understand your frustration with having to rework (and RE-rework) an area you worked so hard on to the point of thinking of abandoning the project altogether because you're just dissatisfied with the layout or your general planning (same thing happened with Adirondack Adventure, but I'll definitely return to it at a later date). BUT I CAN SEE IT DEFINITELY PAID OFF!

Please keep us updated! At your own pace, of course.

"It's weird that pirates would go shore to shore looking for buried treasure when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making."

Offline TOGOFan

• Everyone can be nothing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 02:35 PM »

LOL that emoticon is hilarious and almost forgot it existed. (I rarely click on [more] to find a more suitable one).

Oh, sorry for the double post. I thought I edited my other message.

:)
"It's weird that pirates would go shore to shore looking for buried treasure when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making."

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Beautiful concept, expertly executed! I am so looking forward to updates!

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 03:13 PM »
I was also disappointed when the signs all changed, and some of the previously recolorable pieces were suddenly showing up as white.  But now that we're out of Beta hopefully that won't be happening anymore, and with better communication when it does.  (I said "hopefully.")

But on topic, this looks fantastic.  And I'm very impressed at how you got some of those moving camera shots in a game that doesn't have a camera editor... :)

Offline Quikrix

• "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 06:32 AM »
The redo of all those building definitely paid off and you in game logo looks great too!  ;) 

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 11:49 PM »
wow that was a lot of work. like how you showed us the "wrong" pieces hehehe.
Keep us updated i like Blast Point so far!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 06:07 AM »

Beautiful concept, expertly executed! I am so looking forward to updates!
Thank you very much. I'm in the middle of taking a load of screen-shots and making a video, so the update will be very soon.

Wow, that's some patience to re do all of those walls.

Absolutely love that logo you made in game. And I cannot wait to see Nightshade. That has to be the best wingcoaster made in the game thus far.
As for re-doing all those walls, once I'd got my head around the fact that I was going to do it, it wasn't too bad. It took a whole weekend though. The prospect was quite daunting, but once I got into it, tweaking and improving as I went, it was quite therapeutic. God! What is wrong with me?
And thanks for what you said about Nightshade. I'll be showing that once the support update goes live. Some of it's current supports make me want to scoop my eyes out with a spoon. I'll also be adapting it into a blueprint for the Workshop.

I was also disappointed when the signs all changed, and some of the previously recolorable pieces were suddenly showing up as white.  But now that we're out of Beta hopefully that won't be happening anymore, and with better communication when it does.  (I said "hopefully.")

But on topic, this looks fantastic.  And I'm very impressed at how you got some of those moving camera shots in a game that doesn't have a camera editor... :)
Exactly. The change in the building sets completely blind-sided us. The thing that makes it worse it that the brand new, additional set (smooth concrete), is recolourable. If they'd swapped the smooth plastic for this one rather than the grey, rough concrete, it wouldn't have been such a shock.
As for the moving camera, my shots are still a bit too shonky for my tastes, but thanks. I would love a flying camera editor.

The redo of all those building definitely paid off and you in game logo looks great too!  ;) 
Thanks. The challenge with designing the logo was to make one that looks like it could be made in-game. So the burst outline was based on the sign in the game that I'd used on the entrance. The BLAST lettering and the orange oval were in game too, but the rest was made in a graphics program. But after I made the logo, I went back into the game determined to really have a go at re-creating it. (see below)

I remember seeing a couple of screenshots of that stunning Blast Point Hotel in the Best Pictures thread, but wasn't aware you had started a thread on this back in November. This is just brilliant and as far as unique projects go, unlike anything I've seen done on PC to date. It's really exuding a 1980s Miami (or other transition zone area//almost-tropical-but-not-quite) feel.  :mad:up:

You just sense that behind those gates, wave pools, water buckets and water slides galore await (but... to some people's dismay, that won't exactly be the case. Still, I'm sure there will be a ton of refreshing attractions.  :sweat: )

Your liberal use of those curved white pieces (forget the name) in your structures is brilliantly executed and certainly doesn't come off as "using them for the sake of using them," they seem inextricable, like they really do belong there.

I understand your frustration with having to rework (and RE-rework) an area you worked so hard on to the point of thinking of abandoning the project altogether because you're just dissatisfied with the layout or your general planning (same thing happened with Adirondack Adventure, but I'll definitely return to it at a later date). BUT I CAN SEE IT DEFINITELY PAID OFF!

Please keep us updated! At your own pace, of course.
Thanks. My main motivation for this project was that I'd not seen anything like this from anyone else. I wanted to see if I could build a hotel, I built this at the start of April, and that grew into a park. I also wanted a totally different Mainstreet from what we normally see and something really colourful. I also wanted to really see what could be done with the modern set as it doesn't seem to be really used as a set on it's own, if you know what I mean. The curved white pieces were all used with consideration too. I maybe overthink where I used them.
And the tropical but not quite feeling is exactly the vibe I was going for. I'm not quite sure where in the world this park is. It has a non-place feel.
Also, you mentioned waterparks. Right from the get-go, that has been my plan. The layout for the park and entrance plaza already accommodates a waterpark, additional hotel, evening entertainment kinda expansion. Whether it'll ever happen though......

wow that was a lot of work. like how you showed us the "wrong" pieces hehehe.
Keep us updated i like Blast Point so far!
Lol Thanks. I had those pieces sat on the grass behind Blast Street for a couple of weeks after I swapped them out so I thought I show you my pain.

It's a beautiful day and the early morning light hits the entrance, ready for the first guests to come flooding in.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Re: Blast Point Resort - Now Open
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 07:56 AM »

Opening Day is finally here. The competition winners and VIPs that were the hotel's first guests join the crowds on the packed plaza, waiting to be let in

It's open!

Across the bridge and between the towers, we get our first glimpse of The Point and Blast Street

The left side of Blast Street

The fountain is a great place to sit relaxing or having a snack

The right side

At the end, is the Blast Street Restaurant. There's loads of seating inside, or outside on the front decking or roof terrace

Meanwhile, the hotel is deserted. Everyone is in the park

At the end of Blast Street, is the Point, a huge rock that can be seen from all over the park

Behind is Tormented Woods and Nightshade

Also at the back is Guest services where you can get a map, information or buy your fast pass tickets and Annual Pass.

Inside the rock is a big centre piece to block the view all the way through. There's a spiral of lights that reaches up into the middle of the cavernous ceiling. There's also the entrance for The Point Restaurant. You can see the lift on one side and the stairs on the other.

The Point is the resort's premium dining experience. It's advisable to book before your visit. The food is amazing and if you get a table on the outside sky deck, the views are astounding.

Thanks for coming. Next time we wander into the Tormented Woods.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 08:59 AM by Nemmie »

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 08:56 AM »
Oh wow, that is a crowd. So many people came to the opening of Blast Point Resort! I love the video you made, it really shows off the details you put into Blast street. I love the park, and you should be proud of your work! Very well done.  :up:
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline zyned

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • www.zyned.nl
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 01:34 PM »
Wow, what a great video :love:
I love Blast Point Resort! Great buildings and details. I also like the music in your video, i am a big fan of trance music. Your video is edited very nice. Love that transition between day and night.

Great work :up:

Offline Gravity

• Oh, hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Loved the video and seeing the street come to life! 
something something something dark side...?

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 03:06 PM »
That crowd! :o

The colors! The architecture! That big rocky thing!! Definitely one of the most original and inspiring parks I've seen to date. More please.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 03:07 AM »
Ok Nemmie that post BLASTS me away! Great architecture!
I like the red restaurant and that Mountain building! Great great work!

Congratz for your SGW Snapshot!

PS: now you have some time for another project ;)