Blast Point Resort - Things Are Going Up

• 128 replies

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Re: Blast Point Resort - Rapids Layout Complete
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2018, 03:58 PM »
@KiDFoX  Thanks. I've been building this park since the very start of Alpha, off and on, so it's a bit like my baby now.
@shyguy Thank you. Hopefully all will be revealed soon.
@JPAlmighT  I can't promise that, but I'll give it a go.
@cody  Thanks
@JayBlastOne Thanks Jay. I hope the concrete makes it look more realistic. And I like to tease lol.
@TMH Thanks. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was still one of my idiot scheme ideas to do it though ;)
@mineraljunction Thanks. It was a fair amount of work but no where near as bad as doing all those lights on Summer Screams at Lake Euphoria. Have I ever mentioned what a ball-ache they were?  :P
@JAMMY Thanks so much. I first had the idea for these rapids back in June, before I was distracted by the Summer comp and other stuff. Ooops. Hopefully, it'll be something you haven't seen before.

All the track for the new rapids is now in. Work has started on the station and the lift hills have also been installed.

The station, and towards the back, behind the spiral,a temporary bridge has been placed over the track for works access to the middle of the site.

The lifthill back to the station and the crane to lower the rafts in can be seen. The drainage pool on the left is still empty.

Now all the theming and surrounding area can start. Yay!

Offline DanThorpe

• THE VILLAGE! Xtreme Scream 2017!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2018, 04:07 PM »
My good lord you have patience, that rapids looks beautiful, I just want to see the water flow down lol

Offline JAMMY

• Coasters! Fireworks! Disney! Oh my!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2018, 04:27 PM »
Wow! Absolutely stunning presentation and I too can't wait to see how you integrate the actual ride system. Looking forward to the theme reveal too! :)

Offline TMH

• Never look back darling, it distracts from the now
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2018, 09:43 PM »
That looks superb. It will be fun seeing things come together. Excited for what's down the pipeline.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2018, 06:46 AM »
ahahahah Nemmie thats so fking awesome! love the layout but sry, this crane is definitly not your normal standard of detail! This you definitly can do better ma boy!!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2018, 11:15 AM »
Your style is so vibrant and powerful! I love your sense for architecture and the color schemes.
Every picture is so alive and there is so much to explore. The wing coaster is just fantastic with such an amazing station design. And it´s great to see a rapids build from bottom to top. I am excited to see it flooded....The construction site is the final touch for your hyper realism theme pak atmosphere. :up:

greetz
zeroG
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:31 AM by zeroG »
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Lake Walt
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2018, 03:44 AM »
I love how bold yet detailed your architecture is. And man, the number of hours you must've put into building that concrete river bed  :o

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2018, 04:16 AM »
Already exceeding all my expectations.  :D

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Re: Blast Point Resort - Things Are Going Up
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2018, 06:29 AM »
I'm finally back with this project after not playing Planco between January and June.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone. I promise you all, and myself, I'll stick with it now. I started this expansion a year ago and then I always get distracted. I'm helping one of our esteemed members with his big project at the moment, but I'll keep up with this too.

Things are finally going up at Blast Point Resort.
The framework for the station building is rising above the area.

It looks like it's going to be an interesting shape

The hotel guests will be getting a lovely view of.....a construction site. Lucky them

Scaffolding has gone up around the station

And now they're starting to cover it all. It looks like they are literally keeping the station building , under wraps

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2018, 08:03 AM »
Nemmie, your "under construction" scenes, not just your world-famous construction equipment but the detail you put into totally non-functional fake partial rides and buildings, just to take pics of your park being built, just leave me in awe.  And then you ultimately delete all of it and put in the real stuff, which looks even more amazing  :o

Keep it up ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2018, 08:20 AM »
I am so glad to see this park back up and running. That rapids ride looks stellar! Talk about patience to create what you've done. It's really amazing!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2018, 09:27 AM »
that a lot of time to construct construction in the park. wow, looks great

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2018, 04:24 PM »
It's about d@mn time.  :P

Offline Tornado96

• Fire is the element of Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Man great job Nemmie!

Doing construction photos is definitely a lot trickier in planet coaster compared to RCT3. Really good way of hiding the rapids station too! I didn't realise how close this was to the hotel before.

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2018, 08:20 PM »
That new ride is going to be magnificent.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Nimzhul

• Follow me on twitter @nimzhul
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2018, 12:25 AM »
I love what you do, you are the true realistic sandbox player :D

When I see your screenshots I imagine that planet coaster works like this, This construction workers and so on. I really want to see those River rapids finished.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2018, 04:10 AM »
holly cow! Nemmie you damn fkerrrrrr. wow! I think you should keep it like this :P i think the finished ride CANT top this construction site scene. really really great work, and nice to cu back at this project!

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2018, 12:30 AM »
I cant wait to see where this is going to. It looks amazing! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2018, 01:47 AM »
any new screens Nemmie?

« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2018, 06:41 AM »
Yes! More screens of this amazing park please!
I think like I live like I work like I love.....voluminous and disjointed. Get used to it.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Thanks so much for the comments, everyone.

As for new screens, hopefully soon. You all know how long it is between updates sometimes.
I haven't had nearly as much time to play as I'd like in the last couple of months. I've also done a little bit of work helping one of our fellow members out with stuff for his park too.
As for Blast Point, I've been building a restaurant which is adapted from something I built for the Summer BroDown comp early in the summer. I've also pretty much finished the main structure of the rapids station. That was the most difficult and complex thing I've ever attempted to build. It's all curved surfaces and weird angles. Also, the building process is taking longer because of something special I have planned, if I have the patience to see it through. It's something I've never seen anyone else do in game, but it's nearly breaking me. You'd think I'd learn my lesson after doing the concrete channels in the rapids and the string-lights on Summer Screams at Lake Euphoria. I'm such a silly sod ;)

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2018, 02:55 PM »
That was the most difficult and complex thing I've ever attempted to build........

Given that all your stuff is way off my difficulty and complexity scales, I find this hard to believe ;)

It's something I've never seen anyone else do in game,

Which pretty much describes all your stuff ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2018, 02:43 PM »
Still looks awesome! I love the construction updates because it makes the park become even more realistic! The rapids attraction will be a great attraction and a great way to cool off. Amazing job!

« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2018, 07:38 PM »
Dammit Jay, you bumped this thread and made me think he was giving us new stuff!   (But I see you also lured him out, so perhaps you're onto something...)   :P :P :P

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2018, 07:20 AM »
Dammit Jay, you bumped this thread and made me think he was giving us new stuff!   (But I see you also lured him out, so perhaps you're onto something...)   :P :P :P

thats why i posted in here :D i want new awesome work shots of Master Nemmie xD

@nemmie take the time you need, iam shure you will show us damn awesomnes when its time :)

Offline xRBz

• Comeback baby!
    • View Profile
    • richardblok.com
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2018, 10:18 AM »
Wow. I'm Just speechless from those rapids. Really love the realistic building site look.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2018, 07:12 AM »
@Bullethead. Thanks buddy. You're churning out some pretty awesome stuff. I always love what you do.
@Cody Thanks. I hope it isn't a let down after all this time. I wanted to do a construction site as a way of presenting this expansion as I hadn't really seen it done in PC before. Plus I'm one of those weirdos who really digs (see what I did there) JCBs and trucks so this was the perfect excuse to make a bunch.
@JP Mwah-HA-HA-HA!!!  He made you look
@AemJaY You're very sneaky ;)
@xRBz Thanks. I wan't lie and say it's been a really easy and quick way to build showing the construction stages, but I hope it's worth the effort in the end.

Just a mini update to show a little of what's going on.  What will become the area's new restaurant has started to go up. Some of you may recognize what building it's going to become if you think back to the start of the Summer ;)

More coming soon

Online Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2018, 03:44 PM »
You put as much work into your WIP construction scenes as others do their whole park, and then you delete it all and replace it with the real things that's even more amazing ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #118 on: October 22, 2018, 05:45 PM »
I have waited 8 long years to ride these rapids.  EIGHT YEARS.  Or maybe less but it really seems like that :P

Offline Berlin87

• CEO of Lake Walt
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook