Blast Point Resort - Theming Starts And Something New Arrives

• 148 replies

Offline matejakezman

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Blast Point Resort - Things Are Going Up
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2018, 08:18 AM »
Everytime I see this i ask myself why are you torturing yourself building this :D It looks so good nemmie and it is so unique

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2018, 12:17 PM »
What's wrong with me, when I'm thrilled looking at construction work pictures... Ah, it's because the pictures are from Nemmie! Thats why!!! Can't wait to see behind those white walls... Amazing! :)
My Workshop: Steam Workshop

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Where did you get those construction workers? By god, they work slow.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2018, 03:11 AM »

That comment almost made me spit coffee.  Well done, CC  :laughing_skull:

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2018, 09:01 AM »
I just read that whole thread and well.. Nemmie, this project is absolutely amazing.
I love how colourful and unique Blast Street is, that whole area is simply delicious. And then Tormented Woods... excellent park design, and so much realism and atmosphere that I could smell the scent of the trees. Looking forward to what's next :)

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2018, 08:14 AM »
You put as much work into your WIP construction scenes as others do their whole park, and then you delete it all and replace it with the real things that's even more amazing ;)
Thanks. But that's because I'm an idiot who seems to like creating extra work for himself

I have waited 8 long years to ride these rapids.  EIGHT YEARS.  Or maybe less but it really seems like that :P
LOL. I think you'll find it's 8 and a half years

MOAR!
Maybe ;)

Everytime I see this i ask myself why are you torturing yourself building this :D It looks so good nemmie and it is so unique
Thanks. And that is a question I ask myself everytime I fire up the game.

What's wrong with me, when I'm thrilled looking at construction work pictures... Ah, it's because the pictures are from Nemmie! Thats why!!! Can't wait to see behind those white walls... Amazing! :)
awww, thanks. There's a lot going on behind that scaffolding  :D

HA HA HA!!! They are. I catch them just standing around a LOT. Maybe I should get rid of them by throwing them into the lake at Nightshade's queue. They could add to the skulls that already look up from under the water.

I just read that whole thread and well.. Nemmie, this project is absolutely amazing.
I love how colourful and unique Blast Street is, that whole area is simply delicious. And then Tormented Woods... excellent park design, and so much realism and atmosphere that I could smell the scent of the trees. Looking forward to what's next :)
Thank you very much. I've loved and followed your RCT3 stuff for years so It's a huge compliment to hear you say that.

The restaurant building has had it's flat roof put on and has been sealed against the weather

Now the rapids lift hill is started to be closed in.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 06:34 PM by Nemmie »

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2018, 08:49 AM »
HYPE!!HYPE!!!HYPE!!!

I was wondering if you save the park when it's under construction in a seperate file. At the end you have an entire park under construction, how epic would that be. Would love to check that out ingame at some point. And i do appreciate your extra work, gotta love a good construction site.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 08:58 AM by CoasterCad »
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2018, 11:12 AM »
My theory is that he deletes the track, takes the pictures, and then hits the undo button.  :P

Somebody help me, I'm gonna run up and knock down that big white construction fence.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2018, 04:35 AM »
great new pictures. and i love the small restaurant on the left. and the Nemmie Truck :)
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Re: Blast Point Resort - Construction Resumes May 2019
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2019, 04:14 PM »
Another 6 months has gone by without me touching this park. I had a big setback when my D Drive died and I lost loads of stuff I'd been working on for months for this project for something really special.  So I couldn't face carrying on with it for a good while. Hopefully, I can get the data retrieved at some point. I decided to bite the bullet and give it another go. Here's what you missed.

Picking up the pieces and dusting myself off, here we go again...................

The glazing has arrived for the new restaurant. I don't know why the idiots took all the protective boxing off the the glass before they got it off the truck.

The first one is in. Let's hope they don't break any

All the glass is now in and has been covered to protect it while the building is completed. The first of the restaurant's towers is finally being installed

The top goes on which shows it's a clock tower

It's the first part of the new area which hints what it may all look like. And in the background, the rapids lift-hill has been closed in with a rendered covering.

A load more scaffolding goes up.

The skilled workers paint and clad the render to look like rock. The restaurant gets the top of it's 2nd dome. Things are now really starting to take shape.

Even Blast Point Resort is celebrating a little bit of progress. YAY!!

@Coastercad  Crikey. It would be like Diggerland here in the UK ;) As I delete stuff and replace it with the finished stuff, I think doing a separate file with the construction stuff would kill me.

@JPAlmighT  I don't delete the track. But it was built before I started on the concrete channels, back when Jesus was a lad.

@AemJaY  Thanks Jay. I was a bit smug about the Nemmie truck, I have to admit. It will be turning up in other places, I think
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:20 PM by Nemmie »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2019, 04:38 PM »
I still can't get over your "under construction scenes", both for their high degree of realistic execution and for how you have to destroy them actually to finish the park.  Geez, even the tape Xs on the glass panes  :o.

You know, I just had an idea.  I hope you use saves with different numbers each time, so the construction scenes are still there in older saves.  Then you could make a "time-lapse video" of the various construction projects.  Take pics from the same place in each version and string them together.  You'd probably need to find some fixed point off-camera that's common to all the saves, then build some sort of long arm (saved as a blueprint and put in each separate save) from there and fly the camera to the end of it.  That gets your XYZ the same each time.  Then pick a couple of the fixed treetops in the background that you can line up like rifle sights to get the camera rotation the same each time.

But that's the BSI Brute Force and Ignorance(tm) method.  I'm sure you can think of a much more elegant way of doing this :)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2019, 04:45 PM »
Love those construction shots. Sorry to hear of your setbacks. I'm hoping you will be able to carry on. I really want to see that finished ride. You've been teasing us with WIP shots forever now.  :P
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2019, 09:44 PM »
I just went back to page 1 and read about the construction (and re-construction) of your Main Street. Those colorful buildings are one of my favorite sights in PC. A brilliant concept- a rainbow of super-saturated colors all tied together with bright white trim. Light, cheerful, whimsical, and beautiful. :)

Offline Crowdpleaser

• Ugliest Man Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2019, 09:24 PM »
I still can't get over your "under construction scenes", both for their high degree of realistic execution and for how you have to destroy them actually to finish the park.  Geez, even the tape Xs on the glass panes  :o.

You know, I just had an idea.  I hope you use saves with different numbers each time, so the construction scenes are still there in older saves.  Then you could make a "time-lapse video" of the various construction projects.  Take pics from the same place in each version and string them together.  You'd probably need to find some fixed point off-camera that's common to all the saves, then build some sort of long arm (saved as a blueprint and put in each separate save) from there and fly the camera to the end of it.  That gets your XYZ the same each time.  Then pick a couple of the fixed treetops in the background that you can line up like rifle sights to get the camera rotation the same each time.

But that's the BSI Brute Force and Ignorance(tm) method.  I'm sure you can think of a much more elegant way of doing this :)

I THINK you can even look through surveilance cameras in Game, this way you don't need to be pixel perfect. But you should put the post with that camera in the original Save before you split them up. That way it is always in the exact same position and angle.

« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2019, 03:24 AM »
You are that little kid who never actually gets to play with his legos because the fun is all about building.  But if that's what it takes to keep seeing new sights in BPR, I gladly accept.  Even if they are (masterful) construction photos.  :)

(And also, I recently subscribed to your construction vehicles for a project and I have to say, they are truly outstanding.)

Offline Montu.

• aka HL
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2019, 07:38 AM »
Really happy to see you working on this again. Love the construction update progress. Those new circular buildings look fantastic.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2019, 04:38 PM »
Love those construction shots. Sorry to hear of your setbacks. I'm hoping you will be able to carry on. I really want to see that finished ride. You've been teasing us with WIP shots forever now.  :P
Thanks Shy.  It has been forever. Nearly 2 years since I did the quick video with all the construction vehicles moving onto the site. I'm carrying on as if I haven't lost all the stuff I did before December, so if I can get the data retrieved from my old D Drive, I can stitch it all together and do the presentation of the full site I gave you the sneak peek of last Summer.

I just went back to page 1 and read about the construction (and re-construction) of your Main Street. Those colorful buildings are one of my favorite sights in PC. A brilliant concept- a rainbow of super-saturated colors all tied together with bright white trim. Light, cheerful, whimsical, and beautiful. :)
Thanks JB. I'm glad you like it. I wanted to do a Mainstreet unlike the normal ones you see. I like bold colours and at the time, no one had really used the Planet Coaster building set for a big chunk of buildings, so I really wanted to see what they could do.

You are that little kid who never actually gets to play with his legos because the fun is all about building.  But if that's what it takes to keep seeing new sights in BPR, I gladly accept.  Even if they are (masterful) construction photos.  :)

(And also, I recently subscribed to your construction vehicles for a project and I have to say, they are truly outstanding.)
Thanks fella. I'm so honoured that you'd want to use my construction vehicles in one of your amazing, epic projects. I'll get a massive kick out of seeing them there.
And what you said about the LEGO, the fun is in the building with this game. A lot more has been done than can be seen in these shots. The rapids station is complete behind all that screening, (it was finished last July). The queue line needs theming and the gift shop at the exit needs the interior doing. Some of the theming elements for the area is done and needs installing. The restaurant is also complete as a blueprint and again, is waiting to be put in.

Really happy to see you working on this again. Love the construction update progress. Those new circular buildings look fantastic.
Thanks so much. They'll look better, hopefully, once the site doesn't look like a tip ;)

I THINK you can even look through surveilance cameras in Game, this way you don't need to be pixel perfect. But you should put the post with that camera in the original Save before you split them up. That way it is always in the exact same position and angle.
Crowdpleaser. Funny you say that. Anyone would think you knew what I'd been up to for the last what seems like forever. ;)

Bullethead. Thanks. I know I went full-geek when I decided to add the tape to the glass panes :)
And the clues have been in my shots since these construction shots began. There are 4 in-game cameras on poles covering the construction site (for authenticity). You saw the base of one in the video of the construction vehicles arriving (from June 2017). You can also see them in various shots of this construction. Even in this update, you can spot them in shots 1, 2, 4, 6 and 7. Also, I may or may not confirm that the 8th shot is taken directly from one of these cameras...……. Just saying ;)

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2019, 09:35 AM »
Simply amazing! Building the construction progress... This goes beyond anything I've seen in "Planet Construction", uh sorry "Planet Coaster"... :D Absolutely brilliant of what you are able to put together out of these ingame pieces - yes your construction work designs just look like the real thing!!! And that building seems to become an architectural beauty too!!! Can't wait to see what you show us next... :) :o

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
Re: Blast Point Resort - Theming Starts And Something New Arrives
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2019, 05:14 PM »
Theming Starts And Something New Arrives

Thanks Corkscrewloop. Very kind :)

Since last time, a little catch up with what's been happening at Blast Point Resort.

The first piece of theming is put into place

The restaurant's looking like it's well on it's way. The raised veranda that will surround it is being installed.

Meanwhile, something has arrived at the main service entrance

The last truck carrying the ride cars turns off the main road, letting the traffic flow again

The crane lifts the ride off the truck

Swings it round

And lowers it onto it's foundation

The main arms and support arms are fanned out. The legs are spread out and the main ride footers are fitted. And the support arm extensions are taken off the second truck ready for fitting

The support arm extensions are attached

The pieces that make up the ride platform are taken off the truck and attached

More coming soon
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 05:17 PM by Nemmie »

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2019, 05:54 PM »
Very realistic sequence showing the arrival and set-up of the new flat ride. And your restaurant reminds me of Ralfvie's RCT3 Sci-Fi set, with the dull silvery finish, the colored trim, and all the round parts. :)

Offline cap396

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2019, 06:53 PM »
I concur with JB.  Great work here!

Offline corkscrewloop

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2019, 12:10 AM »
This is mindblowing!!! :o The restaurant looks so very cool! And splitting this all into seperate building phases to show the progress of installing the attraction is some of the coolest things I've seen in Planco! That ride in pieces looks so realistic, unbelievable!!! I also like the backyard entry with the street and gates, and with your amazing trucks, these pictures look so full of life!!
Nemmie, you do the impossible, that is so fantastic!!! :)

« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2019, 05:31 AM »
excellent 'construction' work here. its crazy that you spent all that time to create pieces of the in game ride and stage them the way you did...really just for these photos!. Great work and creative use of part to pull this together.

Offline Cinestri0

• Livin' Like Larry
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2019, 07:38 AM »
I was reading this thread backwards and got confused so if you saw my other comment ignore it lol!!

These construction photos are awesome, I thoroughly enjoy looking at them. I've never quite seen construction photos with so much effort, and it really adds a nice touch.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 07:40 AM by Cinestri0 »

Offline iEddiez

• Curly Hair, Glasses and a Sense of Humour
    • View Profile
    • Loud Adventures Blog
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2019, 12:46 PM »
The amount of WIP detail you are going into here is incredible. I can't wait to see it operational.

« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2019, 05:49 PM »
[eyes pop out of head]

[puts them back in].

Um, this is very nice.

Also, before I die, I really hope I get to see water in that rapids trough.   My doctor says I should last a few more years, if that helps.

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2019, 07:01 AM »
@JB   Thanks. I loved Ralfvie's RCT3 sets, but I'd never seen his Sci-fi set so I just looked it up on the CS Depot. I see where you're coming from. When you see the restaurant in it's finished state, it looks a lot crisper and zingier (is that a word?).
I started with the colour scheme of Oblivion as inspiration, and even when I built it for the Summer BroDown 18, I had Blast Point in mind. The 3 towers that had to be used for the challenge were completely rebuilt and had a fair amount of detail added for the Blast Point version.

@cap396   Thanks

@corkscrewloop   Aw thanks. You always say the nicest things.

@wowmanrct     Thanks. All this stuff I do is clear evidence that I'm a complete idiot. :) And if I can get the 1000 plus images recovered from my old D: Drive that died a few months ago, I'll be able to do the "thing" I had planned back in 2017 when I started this madness. All these stages I've built will make sense then.

@Cinestri0 Thanks so much. I didn't see your earlier comment, but don't worry. I confuse many people.

@iEddiez   Thanks. I can't wait to show you all. I hope you all think it was worth the wait.

@JPAlmighT HA HA HA. I'll try to get it finished before you die.
P.S. Here's a little taster of what it will look like……… I feel like a dealer :)

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2019, 02:22 AM »
Yes NEMMIE YEEEEEEEEEES!
Iam back in here, and what did I see? It Blasts!
great great work. love your eye for details. keep it up!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Online Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2019, 04:00 AM »
Loving your construction shots! Hope to see more updates Nemmie!