(RCT3) World Of Discovery

• 341 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
(RCT3) World Of Discovery: Time To Celebrate! (10/1/18)
« Reply #300 on: October 01, 2018, 07:40 PM »
Happy Monday everyone! Today is a special day for this project and I cannot wait to share the celebration with all of you! World Of Discovery is celebrating its second anniversary. On this day two years ago, Spaceship Earth was lit up for the first time. Since then, the park has changed and is going to continue to change for many years to come.

It is a rather busy day, but two new attractions have opened up at the Natural Wonders Pavilion. One is Flight Around The World, which has always been a crowd favorite. The other is an omnimover attraction called Plantventure that takes guests through greenhouses. Before I go too far in the park, I have to give a speech.

Yep, it is a very busy day.

Discover Hotel guests do get into World Of Discovery early every morning, and it appears that many of them took this opportunity. Regular day guests have to wait in front of Spaceship Earth as part of the rope drop procedure.

We do get guests through the gates as quickly and efficiently as possible.

My drone does get some good overviews. The crowd is warming up as I get on the stage near the large statue.

Good morning everyone! Welcome to World Of Discovery! I am very excited to be here with you all, as today is a very important and special day for us here at World Of Discovery. Today we are celebrating our second anniversary! These past two years have been full of changes and I cannot believe how amazing this park looks. I am sure many of you have taken the chance to experience some of our newest attractions. World Of Discovery is going to transport you with experiences that will allow you to explore the atmosphere all the way down to the depths of the oceans. We have so much in store that I really do not want to give out spoilers. Big plans are on the way because we are just getting started. I hope everyone has a great day here at World Of Discovery because there is so much more that is waiting to be discovered in the future.

Spaceship Earth is at a 30 minute wait, I think I might pass and explore the park a bit.

It is so nice to see the park have a lot of wide open spaces.

This still looks awesome!

While it isn't crowded I should hit up the Natural Wonders Pavilion. Flight Around The World has a much larger queue and it is all indoors! Air conditioning is always good in my opinion!

This area has seen some love and some colorful landscaping. This side of the park focuses on nature and the different aspects such as Dinosaurs, Plants, and in the future Geology.

Possibly a new favorite angle of mine.

The Natural Wonders Pavilion is really nice and I feel Flight Around The World has a good size facility. I will tell guests to definitely get passes that allow you to skip the long waits because on the first day of operation Flight Around The World had a 300 minute wait which does not include the line of guests walking to the pavilion.

Realm Of The Dinosaurs still has plans being made for an E-ticket attraction. World Of Discovery is closely paying attention to the latest theme park announcements for any attractions to bring to the park.

This drone overview shows there is a lot that needs to be done, but World Of Discovery is always going to grow and change as technology advances to create new immersive theme park experiences. I hope you all enjoyed this special update and I hope to be back to discover more real soon!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: (RCT3) World Of Discovery
« Reply #301 on: October 01, 2018, 08:41 PM »
I really like that colorful wedge shaped building. Not sure what attraction it is though. Did I miss the discussion?

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 02, 2018, 05:33 AM »
That will be the geology themed area.

Offline Elch

• Berlin, Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 02, 2018, 06:21 AM »
Awesome architecture there!

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 09, 2018, 03:19 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, due to the hurricane, World Of Discovery will have suspended operations. Discover Hotel guests are advised to remain in their rooms and follow all instructions as directed by team members.

guest17302

« Reply #306 on: November 20, 2018, 03:03 PM »
Hey cody, why are you not replying to me about Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?

guest17302

« Reply #307 on: November 20, 2018, 03:11 PM »
This is Coastin' Dave made this CTR of WDW Space Mountain v2

If i can't get it, can you tell Coastin' Dave to give me the link of WDW SM v1 CTR.

Offline Fonki

• Fonki Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 29, 2018, 05:09 AM »
wow :o very nice changes, the buildings look really cool and modern your park is starting to look big. keep on going, love it :love:

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 29, 2018, 07:32 AM »
wow :o very nice changes, the buildings look really cool and modern your park is starting to look big. keep on going, love it :love:
Thank you so much! Miss seeing you around.

Offline Fonki

• Fonki Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2018, 06:16 AM »
i have been very busy in life, its nice to be missed :P
missed it to be around ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 06:18 AM by Fonki »

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 13, 2018, 02:00 PM »
World Of Discovery is looking at going green, as well as eyeing some different concepts for the future. To conclude the 2018 year, there will be minor additions and an extra focus on opening the park up a bit more and prepare it for expansion.

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 13, 2018, 02:53 PM »
Yay! Glad things are picking up at WOD. :D

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 28, 2018, 03:39 PM »
Presently, I am looking at adding more experiences to World Exposition to get the park to have a rather even crowd flow. I am not going to expose concepts quite yet because we have to get our adventure gear ready.... ::)

Offline cody

• View Profile

Offline hhnman234

• RCT3 Forever and Always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 10, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Great build session! Excited to see you back working on WOD and the other Dubai parks. :D

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 01, 2019, 07:06 AM »
I am sorry to say that as of April 1,2019 this project is cancelled and will be sold to Six Flags.................................

« Reply #317 on: April 01, 2019, 07:48 AM »
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 01, 2019, 10:45 AM »
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Yep the first thing that will happen is we will demolish any theming and put a giant "ring of fire" and count it as a coaster.

Offline disneyfanjmd

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 01, 2019, 11:17 AM »
I see what you did there, cody ;-)

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 01, 2019, 12:59 PM »
This has to be an April Fools Prank!  :lol:

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) World Of Discovery: Interesting Read (4/10/19)
« Reply #321 on: April 10, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Happy Wednesday everyone! I saw an interesting article in the local newspaper discussing how the "New Dawn" campaign of 2018 was partially successful, but was a failure. In response to this article, World Of Discovery is working on "Project Star" that will go into 2020. This project is rumored to change the whole scope of the theme park and better the guest experience. 2018 did change the park forever and made it into the park I could only dream of, but 2019/2020 is proposed to be bigger in order to get this park to a much higher standard. Some focus groups stated how one park is much better than others, and World Of Discovery was in the middle of the list. The goal is to get World Of Discovery at the top of the list. Project Star is now being looked at and park inspectors are meeting with board members to discuss possible plans.....it is going to be good!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 10, 2019, 08:36 PM »
I hope the colorful wedged building in the Geology area is part of the new plans. Maybe re-purpose it as something else. It's a real eye-catcher. :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 25, 2019, 01:04 PM »
I hope the colorful wedged building in the Geology area is part of the new plans. Maybe re-purpose it as something else. It's a real eye-catcher. :)
I know I keep looking at Epcot announcements and watching the construction closely to see how might my park improve. I know some pavilions need refurbishments in my park, so Project Star is going to essentially bring more life to the park as a whole.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 05, 2019, 07:17 PM »
Attention guests staying at the Discover Hotel. Tonight, there will be testing being conducted at World Of Discovery for something new. The testing is expected to last until 1 AM May 6, 2019. Thank you for your understanding.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 06, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Sounds like a new nighttime show! Excited to see what is coming, possibly an Illuminations style show?

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 03, 2019, 02:23 PM »
Project Star is well underway here at World Of Discovery!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 08, 2019, 09:39 PM »
It was fun hearing about the parks you built when you were 8 or 9. They may have been basic and simple looking but I bet at the time, you were still proud of your accomplishment.

Ha. You panned over just in time to see the Friendship Boats colliding.

Why would somebody go to the trouble of making a monorail CTR and only have 2 passengers per car? WHY?!... crazy. Well, I suppose they didn't want to make all the peep sitting points. But still...

I must have missed it but, what is (or will be) in the big yellow dome? Or is it only for show?

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 08, 2019, 09:58 PM »
It was fun hearing about the parks you built when you were 8 or 9. They may have been basic and simple looking but I bet at the time, you were still proud of your accomplishment.

Ha. You panned over just in time to see the Friendship Boats colliding.

Why would somebody go to the trouble of making a monorail CTR and only have 2 passengers per car? WHY?!... crazy. Well, I suppose they didn't want to make all the peep sitting points. But still...

I must have missed it but, what is (or will be) in the big yellow dome? Or is it only for show?
I repurposed twister as a tornado simulator and possibly a small show (cannot remember off the top of my head). Those parks might still exist, and they were something back then.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 25, 2019, 03:17 PM »
Well, today I think was the icing on the cake. If you don't know, Epcot is adding in "neighborhoods," and one is called World Discovery.... definitely a proud moment!