(RCT3) World Of Discovery

• 304 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: World Of Discovery Inspired by EPCOT
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2017, 11:23 AM »
So I walked through the park today. The park is super crowded! I am going to speak with management soon about construction progress. All I know is that the lines for existing attractions are super lengthy.
Good News
We are going to start the Discover Pass. This will be a way to skip the lines at all major attractions. Once construction starts wrapping up, I will offer more details about the Discover Pass.

Offline cody

• View Profile
World Of Discovery: Egypt Reveal Party (4/8/17)
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2017, 03:32 PM »
Tonight, is the reveal party for the completed phase 1 of a newly refurbished Egypt pavilion. The event starts at 6 PM, and lasts until 2 AM. Free food and beverages! Come experience the new Tomb Explorers dark ride, and admire some Egyptian artwork.

A fun picture taken from my drone. I love the temporary Aerophile balloon.

Tonight's event is a great way to connect with the community that let us build World Of Discovery. Plus events like this are excuses to test some sound systems  ;). I know it has been a while since anything has been done, but this park will NOT die!

Offline cody

• View Profile
World Of Discovery: LOOK AT THAT LINE! (4/8/17)
« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2017, 04:09 PM »
So the event has started and Tomb Explorers is hosting quite a large amount of guests already. Guests ran to the newly refurbished Egypt pavilion and filled up the queue.

I took this at 6:05 PM. We let guests in at 5:55 PM.

Online shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2017, 05:05 PM »
Are we going to get to go on the Tomb Explorers ride? :)
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2017, 05:09 PM »
Are we going to get to go on the Tomb Explorers ride? :)
I need to teach myself how to record and edit videos then. Maybe this summer after the craziness of spring semester. I also need to theme my rides (on the inside) if I want to record them  ;).

Offline cody

• View Profile
World Of Discovery: Nightshot (4/8/17)
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2017, 05:22 PM »

So much going on at the park! I had to get a photo when everybody was in the back of the park.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 05:29 PM by cody »

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2017, 07:26 PM »
Nice Egyptian theming! I can't wait to see the ride interior. :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
World Of Discovery Inspired by EPCOT: Update (4/20/17)
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2017, 07:13 PM »
So many events! Graduation season is coming up for local colleges and high schools. I believe there are already 5 graduation ceremonies scheduled. The park is not too busy. The wait times during the week range from 5 minutes to about 1 hour. On the weekends is when the wait times are about double. The Spring Festival is still fun, I enjoy some of the experiences. We are definitely having another Spring Festival next year, but bigger and better. The park wide refurbishment has been delayed, we will resume construction in mid-May.

I wish everybody a pleasant evening and many discoveries.

Offline cody

• View Profile
Hello everybody! I always like opening up the discussion with a snapshot of one of my favorite buildings to graze the skyline of World Of Discovery.

So majestic!
The big development is a rock formation in the back of the Africa pavilion. Looks like it will be the entrance to something big. Trees were planted and bushes hide the new development from guests (and employees).

Any ideas? I only saw blueprints for the rocks nothing else.

guest12746

« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2017, 07:17 PM »
Indiana Jones Ride?

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2017, 12:57 PM »
Indiana Jones Ride?
Hey now! That may be another park  ;). NO SPOILERS

Offline Captain EO

• We are here to change the World
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2017, 12:32 PM »
This has come a long way since I've last checked up. Looking good.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2017, 07:10 PM »
This has come a long way since I've last checked up. Looking good.
I love being able to refurbish a park and make it look totally different. Hopefully you think the park is going in the right direction.

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2017, 05:27 PM »
I'm intrigued by the rock entrance. Is it a mine ride?

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2017, 05:38 PM »
I'm intrigued by the rock entrance. Is it a mine ride?
That was a possibility. Think Africa and the wild. What would make this park stand out?

Offline cody

• View Profile
World Of Discovery Inspired by EPCOT: Announcement (5/7/17)
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2017, 02:47 PM »
Today I am happy to announce a new expansion is in the works. Last week I took a photo of a rock formation. This formation is going to serve as an entrance to the Africa pavilion, but from a much larger land. The new expansion will connect Africa to the front of the park in a natural way. To do this, the Boeing and NASA sponsored areas will be deconstructed and reworked. This area is going to be themed to nature and conservation. Flight Around the World will return to a much larger facility in this new land. I am excited to work on this and will continue to post updates.

Offline cody

• View Profile
World Of Discovery Inspired by EPCOT: Construction (5/7/17)
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2017, 03:44 PM »
So I have been creating an interesting backstory with a designer of the main attraction in the new expansion. Fedeman's Society of Explorers is inviting guests to fly around the globe to experience the natural world. With the help of Fedeman's latest invention, guests will be able to fly around the globe in minutes. This will be the new Flight Around the World.
Fun Pic Time

Okay let me just say, the new building is massive! This expansion is going to be interesting.

Back to these rocks. I will say that this expansion will be immersive. Unlike the refurbishments we have done, we are going to play with nature. We want to bring more experiences for all age groups. Considering the topic of a natural world, we are looking into animal programs for our park.

It is amazing to see old photos from when the park first started development. World Of Discovery has been an idea of mine for many years, but nothing as impressive as this. This version is one of my greatest moments in RCT3, if I dare say so myself.

Offline cody

• View Profile
World Of Discovery Inspired by EPCOT: Teaser (5/7/17)
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2017, 07:30 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Here is a sneak peek at what is coming to World Of Discovery.

guest12746

« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2017, 07:38 PM »
Wow, that's a pretty nice building, where'd you get it!

Enjoy your upcoming trip to Epcot by the way!

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2017, 07:46 PM »
Wow, that's a pretty nice building, where'd you get it!

Enjoy your upcoming trip to Epcot by the way!
Fedeman is working on DCA, so I asked for a favor. Only 8 days till my trip begins and the first day is EPCOT.

Offline cody

• View Profile

Today I was able to attend a preview of what is going to be part of the new expansion. Most of the offerings today were food and beverage items. I had some chocolate soft serve ice cream and a bacon cheese burger. The food is incredible and the small covered areas to eat are near the water. There are so many trees, you have no idea where you are in World Of Discovery.
Fun fact: One of the original water ways was extended for this expansion.

This expansion is truly immersive. Already hearing guests complimenting on the trees and the feeling of being away from the theme park setting. The line for ice cream was super long because it was a hot day. Guests are not able to go into Africa just yet, we are finalizing plans. There is so much to discover this summer!  :D

Offline cody

• View Profile
World Of Discovery Inspired by EPCOT: Update (5/11/17)
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2017, 06:50 PM »

One of my favorite times to visit is at night. Luckily the connection between the front of the park to Africa is being tested out. There are construction walls everywhere, but the area will be crowded in the future. I am overlooking different blueprints for the expansion. I cannot wait to show off our secret ideas in the near future!

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2017, 04:11 PM »
What a gorgeous shot! I love the reflections in the water. :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
Finally the walls are down at Flight Around The World! Sneak Previews start today!

So Fedeman took a crash course in order to open his global expedition company. Guests will enter his lab and learn a little bit more about his newest mode of transportation. Fedeman has created a flying machine that guests will be the guinea pigs. This attraction is very similar to Soarin' and is still sponsored by Boeing. Flight Around The World Opens this weekend!

The Discover Pass entrance is next to the exit corridor. Discover Pass has its own simulator.

The Standby queue has an outdoor portion and an indoor portion.

Testing the ride system before the first soft opening!

Offline cody

• View Profile

Crowds are already pouring in for the soft opening. The Discover Pass line for Flight Around The World are out of the door. The same film as the old attraction, but a much better quality.

Offline cody

• View Profile
World Of Discovery Inspired by EPCOT: Relaxation Moment (5/23/17)
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2017, 11:02 AM »

I know for once there are many updates! This is a relaxation moment. When there is a soft opening I just have to appreciate what has changed since I first started this park. If you go back to the first few updates, a lot has changed. This park will never be complete! Every area that gets refurbished becomes my new favorite. This park is completely different from what I made in the past. I am getting more and more ideas so hopefully another area opens soon!

Offline cody

• View Profile
World Of Discovery Inspired by EPCOT: Rumors (5/23/17)
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2017, 02:10 PM »
Yes another post! I am on a roll! This post is all about current rumors.
1) A safari attraction is coming to World Of Discovery
I would love for this to happen, but where to put it? Imagination Square or Journey Through the Jungle? I keep thinking of what would be a better option, but this rumor is definitely a rumor.
2) Nighttime show
This has been a rumor for a long time. Pyro equipment has been set up within the last few days, so who knows! Maybe for 4th of July?
3) New lands
Well this is always a possibility, but we need to fix what is outdated.
4) Transportation
Now I do love the monorail system, but we need to clear some areas in order to have room for stations. Boat transportation is being looked at to transport guests through World Exposition.

These rumors are interesting, and concepts sit on my desk for me to review. With Flight Around The World opening this weekend, I want to dig deeper to have more guests step through the gates. As always World Of Discovery looks at guests suggestions so please contact me!  :D

Offline Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2017, 07:49 PM »
The airplane scenery and hangar building for Flight Around the World look awesome! :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
Well today is the day! I rode Flight Around The World twice. Once using standby which was 2 hours, and once using the Discover Pass line which was 30 minutes.

I have been looking at future plans. Last night one finally got the green light, and I cannot wait to begin working on it! The new plans will change guest experience, and even the skyline.

Offline ImagineerTom

• It all started with a mouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2017, 11:57 AM »
Good development of the area around the "golfball" but I would love to see some more detail and some more organic pathwork. Maybe try using Moby's path sets. Great ideas, but the details could use some work. Keep working!  :up: :up: