(RCT3) World Of Discovery

• 304 replies

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
(RCT3) World Of Discovery
« on: September 29, 2016, 12:19 PM »
Welcome to World Of Discovery! I am thrilled to announce this large scale park is set to open real soon, for employee previews. We are going to have our employees come and evaluate the land and discuss our plans for the park. We are currently in the process of getting materials from key designers so it will be some time until we begin vertical construction.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 06:08 PM by cody »

Offline cody

• View Profile
Re: World Of Discovery
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 12:56 PM »

We just had our employee welcoming. The land has been cleared and World Of Discovery is supposed to begin construction real soon. There were some small teasers of what will be the park's landmark handed out to all of those who attended.

Online Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 06:45 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing your new park, and I'm sure it will be awesome. :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
First Lighting Test
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 04:45 PM »

Tonight, we held our first lighting test on Spaceship Earth. This was created by ImagineerMichael, we are having him inspect everything. Some guest areas will not be open due to construction in the two stores, nearby restrooms, the main attraction, and its post-show. With this begins the many months of construction. I am glad to finally light it up as is our team of many employees and contractors.

So around 7:45 PM, the employee preview began. The entrance area is not fully complete, but Spaceship Earth is just massive! I had the pleasure to speak to ImagineerMichael who agrees that Spaceship Earth looks great and the lighting really enhances the skyline. I urged to him to keep working with us, and to help us open up more guest areas. I also spoke to CaptainEO, who created the ticket booths, and entrance buildings. We are currently planning to construct large concrete structures with the photos of our valued employees, to display at the main entrance.
So this park is getting many designers on the project. I am pleased to see the park starting to come together slowly. I am excited to debut attractions in the near future.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:53 PM by cody »

Offline cody

• View Profile
Good Morning From World Of Discovery (10/2/16)
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 08:23 AM »

Good Morning! We are excited to be in the park working! This was taken from my drone. I love this picture and cannot wait to show you more photos of our progress.

Offline cody

• View Profile
New Entrance to World Of Discovery (10/2/16)
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 01:51 PM »

Today we redid the entrance. The concrete structures were easy to place after being delivered, and the pavement took around 5 hours to complete. We also got new trees to decorate the area. World Of Discovery is slowly coming together each and every day.

Offline cody

• View Profile
An Overview Of World Of Discovery (10/2/16)
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 06:19 PM »

The Universe Of Energy, Sum Of All Thrills, and Storm Struck are found on the left side of Spaceship Earth.
Soarin' is found on the right side of Spaceship Earth.
Still lots to be done.

Offline cody

• View Profile
I might restart
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 11:54 AM »
This park is not up to my standards. I am having second thoughts. I really have no idea how to approach building more attractions. Anybody free to help? I have deleted all the attractions, and now it is only Spaceship Earth, the entrance area, and trees.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:35 PM by cody »

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 05:34 PM »
I thought it was O.K. except for the trees.  Perhaps you might like to try going back a few iterations to before you started the deletions and then delete the trees.  I think you may find you're happier with your park when you replace the sameness of those trees with a more natural variety in tree types.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 05:37 PM »
I thought it was O.K. except for the trees.  Perhaps you might like to try going back a few iterations to before you started the deletions and then delete the trees.  I think you may find you're happier with your park when you replace the sameness of those trees with a more natural variety in tree types.
I am getting some ideas. Possibly small ponds behind Spaceship Earth. I am waiting for a big package to really move this project forward. Plus, Spaceship Earth is a pleasure to just admire for hours with the background music. ;)
I have decided to redesign the park and not fully delete it.

Offline Captain EO

• We are here to change the World
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 09:43 PM »
I like the idea behind it but I thought I'd offer some suggestions.

Currently it looks a little to similar to Epcot. I'd recommend ditching Spaceship Earth and trying to create a unique icon for the park to distinguish it from Epcot. I noticed the entrance area is also very square which is something that you don't see very often in a Disney park (not saying it doesn't exist because Main Street is kind of set up that way but it does have hidden off the beaten path areas and side streets.) One of the key design elements used in a Disney park includes a lot of tucked away treasures to be discovered that originate from a central hub of some sort and a circular layout or a central lake. What I would recommend to you, something that has worked well for me in planning a park, is to get some graph paper or even a plain white sheet and draw a map of your paths and where different attractions, shops, and restaurants will be. I can't stress it enough how important it is to have a clear vision and layout for what you're trying to build. Also what direction and overall theme do you want to be present in the park? When I think Discovey I think more along the lines of discovering different ideas and cultures. Maybe have a land based of an Egyptian archaeology site with a dark ride that puts your guests into the world of Ancient Egypt. Or a land based on the world's first base on another planet. I do like the idea of ponds behind Spaceship Earth if you choose to continue this design. Hope this helps.

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 11:53 PM »
Great stuff!  :up:

Offline cody

• View Profile
World Of Discovery: Egypt (10/4/16)
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 02:26 PM »
Well I decided to do some work on this project. I added Egypt, but of course I am going to rework it a bit. Possibly add more detail. The ponds are present, along with two land bridges (Not clearly showing). It is a work in progress, but I do have a blank template just in case something does not work too well and I want to restart from scratch again.

An overview of the park. Still not 100% sure on everything.

Egypt currently features an indoor show, a omnimover dark ride, and a family coaster. I am probably going to work on this area more. I do love the pyramids, but I kind of want to do more with the nearby land.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2016, 02:44 PM »
I just updated the ponds and connected them. I used Old Spice's Epcot Bridge custom path.

Offline Captain EO

• We are here to change the World
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2016, 07:34 PM »
That's looking pretty good.

FlightToAtlantis

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 08:12 PM »
An overview of the park. Still not 100% sure on everything.

The best parks are edited as we go.  While starting with a plan is always a good idea no good park is planned then created as drawn without any changes.  Your alterations have improved your park already. 

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 09:29 AM »
Hoping everybody is having a good day! World Of Discovery is doing well. I will post more real soon.

Online Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 10:03 AM »
The Egyptian area looks promising! Maybe a bit more variety in foliage would be helpful. The lakes add a pretty and inviting touch. :)

Offline helpe1234

• Mack Rides Master Race
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 10:57 AM »
I like the little coaster in the Egyptian area. The grass should be sand though because the pyramids and theming kind of stick out.

Offline cody

• View Profile
A brief update of World Of Discovery
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2016, 12:35 PM »

The Egypt area has been getting some work done. New trees are slowly being planted, the family coaster finally received an indoor loading area and queue, as well as a wall surrounding the coaster and adjacent path.

The pyramids of Imagination Station blend in with the pyramids of the Egypt pavilion. The Africa and American pavilions are still being worked on, but they have been revealed to guests. The park is slowly growing, but is still a major work in progress. I hope more areas open up as the holiday season has indeed begun already.

guest12746

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 12:48 PM »
I'm glad you're enjoying Spaceship Earth. I've got to ask, where did you get the Imagination pavilion?

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 12:57 PM »
I got it from Stickygum32, I am possibly going to collaborate with him more on this park. Really great designers both him and Rushjet (ErnieG014) inspired me to love EPCOT in RCT3. Your Spaceship Earth is a highlight of the park and yes I still love it. Hopefully all goes well and I can continue to collaborate with everybody. I love having everybody coming together and the constructive feedback is amazing!

guest12746

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 02:16 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember their project very well! They did a great job, I wish they had released all that stuff as it was really good content! Their project and captain EO inspired my Spaceship Earth.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2016, 02:18 PM »
Same for me, they respond to messages ASAP on thecreatorslounge, very good team. CaptainEO was also inspiring, especially with his entrance CSO, very helpful!

Offline StickyGum32

• Atonal Noise Maker
    • View Profile
    • Clay Barnard | Compositions
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 11:22 AM »
I wish they had released all that stuff as it was really good content!

Never say never.  ;)

Glad you all enjoyed that work though!

- StickyGum32
Take a look at my portfolio! http://www.composerclay.com

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 11:30 AM »
Never say never.  ;)

Glad you all enjoyed that work though!

- StickyGum32
I will be honored to work with you. I still have high hopes of an EPCOT pack getting released.

Offline cody

• View Profile
A Beautiful Day At World Of Discovery
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2016, 10:53 AM »
Happy Veterans Day! World Of Discovery was pretty crowded today.

The park still looks beautiful from outside the entrance.

One of my favorite spots to take photos is on the bridge. Sadly it is a dead end, but in the near future the park is going to expand with more experiences and more photo opportunities. Hopefully we gain one of the biggest partnerships in history before the end of 2016. This partnership will allow the park to be expanded and reworked. We already have a number of contributors and we are happy to keep working with them.  :D

Online Elizabeth

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 05:42 PM »
The World of Discovery is becoming very photogenic! The Epcot sphere provides a nice focal point for the park, and the pyramids are lovely. :)

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2016, 05:00 PM »
I swear Spaceship Earth photos still look good even if you mess them up, in RCT3 and in person! It is so photogenic and is one of my favorite structures to take pictures of, because there are so many angles it can be seen.

Offline cody

• View Profile
A Busy Day At World Of Discovery
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 08:30 AM »
This week is too crowded for me to do a walk through of the park. Instead I flew my drone and got two good pictures of the park.

The entrance is swarmed with guests taking pictures and just admiring Spaceship Earth and the Christmas music.

World Exposition is the largest area of World Of Discovery, and most popular. With the three pavilions: Egypt, Africa, and United States. The least popular area in World Of Discovery is Imagination Station. Things will change within the coming weeks as the park still has plans to expand and create more experiences for guests of all age groups.