Re: (RCT3) World Of Discovery
« Reply #330 on: August 26, 2019, 08:22 AM »
I always liked that name. Apparently Disney does too!  :D

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2019, 04:17 PM »
I know Tinypic shut down, all my images are not lost. I have them on my laptop and on some social media. This goes for all projects. I am debating on making a new topic for each project. Some I have used imgur already so those will not need new sections.

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 17, 2019, 09:04 AM »
Glad you still have all the pictures saved. Such a shame that all these photo sharing sites are shutting down. I have always used imgur so I have not had any problems but I understand it must be very frustrating for you.  :facepalm:

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) World Of Discovery: 3 Years Since The Start (9/29/19(
« Reply #333 on: September 29, 2019, 01:55 PM »
Happy Sunday everyone! Today is a special day in the World Of Discovery history books! 3 years ago plans came around for an amusement park inspired by Epcot. Today, the park has grown and in the future will grow to evolve into a brand new story. Explore many stories that can take you on thrilling experiences and memorable encounters. World Of Discovery is only getting started and it is time to discover something new!

World Of Discovery
The adventure is about to begin.

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) World Of Discovery: Something In The Skies (9/29/19)
« Reply #334 on: September 29, 2019, 07:34 PM »
Yes, I know a double post day! Something new is being imagined for World Of Discovery and is going to lead into more developments coming soon! 

« Reply #335 on: October 01, 2019, 04:05 AM »
hey - the Skyliner!!!

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 01, 2019, 07:29 AM »
hey - the Skyliner!!!
Plans will be announced tonight (after I watch Epcot Forever on live stream)!

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 01, 2019, 08:41 AM »
Well that is exciting! Will these have air conditioning?  ;D

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) World Of Discovery: Birthday Announcement (10/1/19)
« Reply #338 on: October 01, 2019, 08:31 PM »
Happy 3 years to World Of Discovery. The last big post was from Sunday and it was showing off a new mode of transportation. I am excited to announce that we are creating a gondola based transportation system that will take guests from World Exposition to a new hub for shopping, dining, and even future expansions. With this transportation system will come two lines. One that goes from World Of Discovery to the new hub and one that goes from the hub to the Discover Hotel. Please keep in mind that this system will be available by December 2019, but will have the hub/expansion project open in phases.

I hope everyone is doing well because this project is about to get interesting!

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 05, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Don't worry our new transportation system will be fine (for those who know what has happened recently).

« Reply #340 on: October 06, 2019, 09:44 PM »
Don't worry our new transportation system will be fine (for those who know what has happened recently).
Hmmm....not sure what you mean.  Give me about 3 1/2 hours though and I might get there.  ;D

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 07, 2019, 07:16 PM »
Excited to see what the new hub will look like. Hopefully your Skyliner is more efficient!  ;D

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) World Of Discovery: Text Update (2/15/20)
« Reply #342 on: February 15, 2020, 01:52 PM »
Hey everyone! Sorry I have been quiet on this project. Today I got to work on some of the infrastructure and do some tinkering to plans. The skyliner system/expansion project has been put on the back burner. I think the initial execution was not of a quality that I wanted so I am going to put it to the side. I am looking at adding more attractions at a high standard. I am sorry I have not posted many updates, I have been quiet doing tinkering and adjusting things to meet a higher quality of work.

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) World Of Discovery: More Coming Soon (7/17/20)
« Reply #343 on: July 17, 2020, 03:01 PM »
It has been far too long since I have posted about this project. Over the last few months I have been working on the quality of the park overall. The goal is to keep working on the new "story" of the park as a whole. It was very similar to EPCOT to where this park had almost little to no identity. Much of the front half will remain unchanged in terms of experiences, but will see a higher quality in creation. The back half also known as World Exposition, is being rethemed to stories of various themes as opposed to specific countries.

In the near future, old screenshots for this project will be fixed. I am going to fix the screenshots for one project at a time because it is a tedious process of making sure screenshots match captions and the share links actually work. This also includes any comments that quote using images, so it will take some time to fix. Thank you all for your continued support, and there will be updates real soon!

Offline cody

• View Profile
(RCT3) World Of Discovery: Brief Update (9/15/20)
« Reply #344 on: September 14, 2020, 10:13 PM »
Time is truly flying! With the recent events and current circumstances, I am posting this update to show that this park is definitely seeing some redevelopment.

Even in this first image, Skyrocket, the park's first new thrilling experience is now open to guests near Mission To Mars. This will be phase 1 of the Space themed area's reworking to include more attractions related to space training.

Just a general overview of the main entrance. The skyline is slowly going to change as more areas are being constructed, those with an eagle eye can see in the distance what will be showcased/teased in this update.

Even when the park is surrounded by construction (which is always), the atmosphere is always beautiful! RCT3 is a way to experience your favorite theme parks anytime you feel creative!

One of the first new areas to World Exposition is a medieval themed area. There already is a Carousel that is open behind a small castle gate, which is surrounded by construction walls. This area is directly across the proposed/started adventure themed area, which is looking into a possible attraction to cool guests off. This is only an idea, not a full-blown announcement.  :whistling:

A small coaster will be the main draw to the medieval area, until something bigger shows up (maybe). The round castle structure is actually heavily inspired by one built by StationJim in his Periculum sets. It is actually similar to the image to the first CS set.

Presently, this is the transition into the current America pavilion. Plans call for a complete refurbishment into a new and kinetic environment for the American themed pavilion, but it will play with the concept of being on the water. This will allow the balloon to stay open and continue to delight guests for many years to come!

This is a small update, but World Of Discovery is inspired by Epcot, which is always evolving to meet an ever-changing audience. This park will be no different, and has had this idealism since 2016.  :D

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 14, 2020, 10:38 PM »
I like that shot with the view across the lake. The reflections give it a nice serene look. And I like how the tour boat comes right up to the edge of the pathing/pavement; without any visible queue or station (or so it appears?). It simplifies the scene and adds to the serenity.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 15, 2020, 12:55 PM »
I like that shot with the view across the lake. The reflections give it a nice serene look. And I like how the tour boat comes right up to the edge of the pathing/pavement; without any visible queue or station (or so it appears?). It simplifies the scene and adds to the serenity.
It is a good shot. It shows off our two main transportation options to the Discover Hotel. Our watercraft holds a good amount of guests and allows them to take a nice cruise through our channel to their destination. I have always liked the Friendship boats, and when they were finally found in RCT3, I had to redownload them. The monorail is a classic mode of transportation, and it does offer a different perspective.

As for the queue/station for our watercraft, I did not add railings to the queue from what I remember. This is effective to give the illusion that guests pick where they want to be on the boat. I did this for a few experiences so that it appears that the guests are not as "controlled." I think it is a simple layout that has been effective since the watercraft loading area was placed.

Offline loopycoasterfan

• Conceptualize our world
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 16, 2020, 08:02 AM »
Always nice to be able to visit Disney World (virtually) in times of uncertainty. Nice and interesting concepts put fourth here and I'll definitely be on the look out for the next update! Very nice park!  :) 

Offline Darknight

• Explore Our Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 24, 2020, 08:01 PM »
Nice update! Excited to see what else you have in store for this park.

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 01, 2020, 07:21 AM »
Always nice to be able to visit Disney World (virtually) in times of uncertainty. Nice and interesting concepts put fourth here and I'll definitely be on the look out for the next update! Very nice park!  :) 
This is an independent park not a franchise, but it does have that Disney feeling (well Epcot at least). It is always great to have some sort of theme park to go to anytime whether it be virtual or real.

Nice update! Excited to see what else you have in store for this park.
Thank you! I am excited to cook up more areas for this park!

Offline cody

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 01, 2020, 03:56 PM »
Well, now this project is 4 years old! The scope of the park is continuing to change and evolve with new ideas. Sounds very similar to another park  :whistling:. I am happy to announce this project will continue to push the envelopes and even continue to be an inspiration to many! Happy Birthday World Of Discovery!