Burj Oasis : In Action (Update 3.5)

• 32 replies

Offline NGT

• Off the wall
    • View Profile
Burj Oasis : In Action (Update 3.5)
« on: November 25, 2016, 02:15 PM »

"Welcome Back"

It seems like I cannot let Burj Oasis go.
This park will not be a recreation of what I made in RCT3, but rather be a re-inspired project with similar theme and approach.
I'm glad to finally have enough stuff to start a thread and show you guys what I've done so far.

"Oasis Town"

Burj Oasis will most likely have two to three different themed areas which share a big oasis in the middle.
Oasis Town is the main waterfront area in Mediterranean section which includes multiple shops and restaurants.
This area also hosts two main rides (Bahamut : Inverted Coaster & Oasis Rapids) that are already in place.
I plan to add another coaster in this section in the near future.

Bahamut challenges you to take a leap of faith into the darkness.

Oasis Rapids will carry you through the mysterious canyons.

To be continued.....

Offline cap396

• View Profile
Re: Burj Oasis
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 05:12 PM »
If version #2 of Burj Oasis comes out to be as good as version #1, then we'll be looking at a true masterpiece.  I can't wait to see more of this park.

Offline MoJo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 05:47 PM »
The terrain looks marvelous! Burj 2.0 here we come!

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 12:04 AM »
This is beautifully crafted. The cleanliness of it all is what makes this realistic, inviting, and exciting. I envy your patience for making sure everything is perfectly placed but the results are amazing. Great work on the buildings so far too. The architecture is simple but interesting. A good mix of facades and covered walkways and planters provide great area ambience.
Initiating power transfer...

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 06:26 AM »
A second iteration of a great park. I'm interested :)

Oasis rapids looks splendid. That rockwork (along with the textures) look sexy.

Offline NGT

• Off the wall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 10:37 PM »
If version #2 of Burj Oasis comes out to be as good as version #1, then we'll be looking at a true masterpiece.  I can't wait to see more of this park.

Thank you! Hopefully I won't take too long like I did with last one.

The terrain looks marvelous! Burj 2.0 here we come!

Thanks!

This is beautifully crafted. The cleanliness of it all is what makes this realistic, inviting, and exciting. I envy your patience for making sure everything is perfectly placed but the results are amazing. Great work on the buildings so far too. The architecture is simple but interesting. A good mix of facades and covered walkways and planters provide great area ambience.

Thanks Andre, your work inspired me to get back on the game  :up:

A second iteration of a great park. I'm interested :)

Oasis rapids looks splendid. That rockwork (along with the textures) look sexy.

Thank you!

"Mediterranea"

Burj Oasis introduces its first main theme section, Mediterranea.
This area is mainly composed of many different shops and restaurants in a dense, rocky mediterranean environment.
The oasis waterfront welcomes curious guests and guides them into the splashing canyons.

"Queue is not so boring"

Many of the rides at Mediterranea offers a quick pass for those who want to skip lines.
However, the queue line isn't so bad when it is surrounded by beautiful palm trees and vines.

"Bahamut"

Bahamut is a unique inverted coaster that takes you to a journey through the canyons.

Update 1 is now available on Steam Workshop for you to see the progress LIVE.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=807339376

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
Re: Burj Oasis : Mediterranea (Update 1)
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 09:00 AM »
Mediterranea looks awesome! I love the look and the buildings so far! I also love the color scheme for Bahamut! Looks exciting as well, something I'd love to go on! I do wonder how long it took you to place all those rocks! I mean they're everywhere!
Wagibear "It is entirely possible that Atari will attend in a different way than as a exhibitor. Someone may park their van outside the Convention Center entrance with a big Atari RCTw banner draped in the front window.  Or maybe Mattlab will dress in a trenchcoat and approuch anyone with a PRESS badge and whisper  "Psst!  Hey, wanna see a new video game?"... "

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 06:03 AM »
another rocky park :) looks good so far! like it!
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 08:40 AM »
The park is amazing, just took a look in the file and it is even more amazing up close. Are you going to update the upload during the build? That would be nice. :)

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 06:53 AM »
WHAAAAAAAAT! Burg is back?!!!! That's looking awesome.

So I discover that Ghost Mine and Burg is back on the same day and Wonder World is kinda back. I'm a very happy bunny and it's these projects that give me really happy memories of SGW. This is what I've been saying for ages that the quality of work on this site is just the premier league.

Can't wait to see more  :w00t:

Offline Montu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 06:56 AM »
This is awesome, NGT. Very obviously Burj, but definitely different this time around.

The last screen is my favorite. Love the terraforming around the invert and the rapids. And I see vega(?) in the background?

Offline RTRC

• Even rocks can break bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 12:01 PM »
Love that you've returned. The original was amazing and I can't wait to see what you come up with now that the shackles of RCT3 have been taken off. :up:

Offline Old-Spice

• Custom Content Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 04:16 PM »
Very nice feel.. and architecture!

Offline PandaCoasters

• The Grinch wearing a mask holding a gun
    • View Profile
    • PandaCoasters' Youtube
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 09:12 AM »
Great to see this make a 'return', the Mediterranean area looks awesome!

It has a different feel to it than the original and I will be sure to pop-in every now and then to see your progress. :)
'I vote that my team makes Trump Land with a big fat wall from Boston's Dams so we can make SSD great again and keep out the illegal normies.'

-me, SSD'16

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2016, 09:32 AM »
Loved your RCT3-park very much. Love this project since the first picture.

Great work as always. May I ask how many hours your spend for your progress?  :D

Offline NGT

• Off the wall
    • View Profile
Re: Burj Oasis : Mediterranea (Update 2)
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 07:50 PM »

Mediterranea looks awesome! I love the look and the buildings so far! I also love the color scheme for Bahamut! Looks exciting as well, something I'd love to go on! I do wonder how long it took you to place all those rocks! I mean they're everywhere!

Thanks! I can't really tell you how long it took exactly, but my total playing time is around 48 hours.

another rocky park :) looks good so far! like it!

Thank you!

The park is amazing, just took a look in the file and it is even more amazing up close. Are you going to update the upload during the build? That would be nice. :)

I'm glad that you enjoyed it. This park will be updated on Steam Workshop once a substantial amount of work has been done. So, stay tuned!

WHAAAAAAAAT! Burg is back?!!!! That's looking awesome.

So I discover that Ghost Mine and Burg is back on the same day and Wonder World is kinda back. I'm a very happy bunny and it's these projects that give me really happy memories of SGW. This is what I've been saying for ages that the quality of work on this site is just the premier league.

Can't wait to see more  :w00t:

haha Thanks! I just cannot let this project fade away.  :D

This is awesome, NGT. Very obviously Burj, but definitely different this time around.

The last screen is my favorite. Love the terraforming around the invert and the rapids. And I see vega(?) in the background?

Thanks! Glad to see you still around here. I didn't think anyone would spot it, but there you go  :up:

Love that you've returned. The original was amazing and I can't wait to see what you come up with now that the shackles of RCT3 have been taken off. :up:

Thank you ^^

Very nice feel.. and architecture!

Thanks man!

Great to see this make a 'return', the Mediterranean area looks awesome!

It has a different feel to it than the original and I will be sure to pop-in every now and then to see your progress. :)

Thank you!

Loved your RCT3-park very much. Love this project since the first picture.

Great work as always. May I ask how many hours your spend for your progress?  :D

48 hours so far. From what I can tell, this park will probably takes years to accomplish what I want to do lol

"The miracle of the desert"

The waterfront area in Oasis Town is now complete.
Enjoy a variety of restaurants and shops while walking alongside the miracle of the desert.

I have a few more detailing to do around this area, but this should wrap up pretty soon.
Once its complete, the second update will be available on Steam Workshop for download.
You can still check out the first update by clicking the link below or search "Burj Oasis" on Steam Workshop.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=807339376&searchtext=

Thank you everyone! comments and rating on both here and workshop are much appreciated.

Offline MoJo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 02:57 AM »
fuugggg  :drool: That water is just bloody beautiful, such a nice compliment to the surrounding buildings which are looking stunning! You've really sculpted a fantastic park so far.
Really craving on more photos of the river rapids, I love the atmosphere of hot desert and cooling shade and water. So damn comfy!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 04:41 AM »
Looking great.

I don't know if it's just the game engine (although RCT3 was an early version of Cobra) and the new lighting, but everything looks so much more vibrant now. And even though there's  still a lot of sandy, beigey colours in the ground and architecture, everything looks so much more colourful.  I'm really loving the vibe and atmosphere. That first pic is gorgeous. I really want to see more of that invert.  :up:

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Ahh, I remember your original incarnation and from the looks of these pics youv'e definitely captured that.

Offline NGT

• Off the wall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2016, 07:58 PM »

fuugggg  :drool: That water is just bloody beautiful, such a nice compliment to the surrounding buildings which are looking stunning! You've really sculpted a fantastic park so far.
Really craving on more photos of the river rapids, I love the atmosphere of hot desert and cooling shade and water. So damn comfy!

Thank you!

Looking great.

I don't know if it's just the game engine (although RCT3 was an early version of Cobra) and the new lighting, but everything looks so much more vibrant now. And even though there's  still a lot of sandy, beigey colours in the ground and architecture, everything looks so much more colourful.  I'm really loving the vibe and atmosphere. That first pic is gorgeous. I really want to see more of that invert.  :up:

The power of flowers and those shop signs :pp I'm glad you are enjoying the atmosphere!

Ahh, I remember your original incarnation and from the looks of these pics youv'e definitely captured that.

Thanks! 

"Heritage Village"
Welcome to the newest addition to Burj Oasis, Heritage Village.

Heritage Village has an unique theme and architecture that captures the old, traditional Arabian style.
This section will include a market street with many different shops and restaurants as well as the main coaster, Vega.

This is the overview of Burj Oasis so far.
I plan to add the hanging gardens of Babylon behind Heritage Village.

Thanks everyone!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Burj Oasis : Heritage Village (Update 3)
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 04:56 AM »
eeey! In that Overview shot i see the river Rapids (as you also showed us in ONE Picture at the beginning) why not moooar shots?
Show us some details of the river rapids pls!

Offline NGT

• Off the wall
    • View Profile
Re: Burj Oasis : Heritage Village (Update 3)
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2016, 08:34 PM »

"In Action"

Pathway seems to work fine, but some areas need to be widened and redirected.
As this park grows and has more rides and sections, I will be able to divide the crowd better.

Taking panoramic pictures are always fun.
As sun is setting I was able to capture the overview of oasis.
I can't wait to see how the skyline will change with many things that I'm going to build in the back.

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
Re: Burj Oasis : In Action (Update 3.5)
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2016, 09:05 PM »
Beautiful park!

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2016, 01:10 AM »
that panorama view  :o :drool:

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 05:02 AM »
The last shot is absolutly awesome and stunning, such a realistic panorama shot, I love this!

Offline toofpikk

• I am this forums noob.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 08:29 AM »
hoooooly shit. I've been keeping away from the PC forums considering I've just bought the game myself and I genuinely thought SGW was dying, but the amount of amazing projects that have reworked themselves into PC is superb. That last shot is truly breathtaking, and I can only commend you for having the artistic eye, patience and skill to be able to put the time and effort into this as you have, and produce something so amazing.

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 02:35 AM »
I love this park so much! It's so nice to see more life and peeps in people's parks compared to RCT3.

Offline sam_

• I tend to change, that's nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2016, 11:49 PM »
Words cannot explain how excited I am to see you bring this back, in a new game of course, but somehow it brings back the same old memories of the infamous burj oasis rct3 version. Keep up the wonderful work NGT! ;D

Offline CoastersPaul

• Parkitect Hipster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 08:33 PM »
It's nice to see all the projects getting PC remakes, but a lot of them were before my time. I joined SGW back when Burj Oasis was getting featured in the Weekly Ambassador, and it was one of the first parks I followed. So this reboot has probably had the biggest impact on me.

I really liked the details of the old one [the mini-golf course putter sign was probably my favorite] and I loved its architecture.

I haven't followed this one as closely yet, but I was just blown away when I saw your first screenshots of it. I can't wait for another update!

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 05:31 AM »
Some stunning pictures! I love the last shot....looks so realistic!!!
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!