Adirondack Adventure - 1995 - [2/20 Update] -

• 74 replies

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Love the water slide. Be sure to post pics on the PC forums to give Frontier the hint...
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
I am really starting to like this park. Is breaths so much atmosphere! Well done :)

Offline sdanwolf

• Where Am I? And Who Are You People?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Man TOGO the sheer terrain interaction alone is incredible!! And that Adirondack Inn  :love: :love:  I can not wait to see if you perhaps do a lobby interior! And those water slides make me rethink the whole water park needs to wait for a proper expansion haha clearly it could be done with just what you've shown us! Keep up the amazing work!

Love the water slide. Be sure to post pics on the PC forums to give Frontier the hint...

Yaaaaassssss

Offline ImagineerTom

• It all started with a mouse.
    • View Profile
 :love: Man this park is awesome! Such creativity.  :up:

Offline andreizsmart

• 'supercoolsuper'
    • View Profile
Idk what magic button you are using but this is brilliantly executed. It feels real. It feels comfortable. It feels designed yet built piece by piece like a real park of this sort would be constructed. And majority of your screenshots are just pure bliss to look at. Architecture is spot on and the cohesion of pathwork, to trees, to structures seamlessly blend together. One of my favorite planet coaster creations thus far.

Medallion is wonderful btw. The colors allows it to stand out from the surrounding enough to make a statement while the surrounding forest provide small glimpses to the terrifying maneuvers it makes. I love that coaster isnt a focal point letting the coaster flow around the park rather the paths and other attractions flow around the coaster.  :up:
Initiating power transfer...

Offline CoasterCad

• Imagining since 1987
    • View Profile
This is one hell of a unique and beautiful park. Love the realism.
Let your imagination take you to take great places.

Offline TOGOFan

• Everyone can be nothing!
    • View Profile
Answering comments:

Spoiler (hover to show)

June 14th, 1995 - A small overview of where we're at...

New park logo for the 1995 season! I know next to nothing about GIMP, and this is the second logo I've ever made, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's inspired by:

Spoiler (hover to show)

We're moving a bit away from Olympic Peaks today to have a bit of a closer look at the Main Street Square. This area houses only a few buildings, but they're very well-maintained.

Most of the structures are inspired by Great Camp Style architecture, which is native to the Adirondacks. They mostly draw on Swiss Chalet models but have a distinctive rugged look to them, with irregular (and often flimsy) woodwork, twisted juniper wood, etc. This structure in particular did not have all this detailing when it was first built. It is both an information center and a rest area (it's quite a workout getting to the park! Not to mention the somewhat steep climbs to get to most areas  :P ).

Day-time shot of the same building.

Other than the addition of some more thematic lamp posts and the removal of the original signage (which was a little too glaring), not much has changed for the oldest attraction in the park (Falling Star) & it still remains a park guest favorite.

As you can see here, the queue is quite long-winded, passing through an artificial pond and into the woods, and overall feels quite removed from the rest of the Country Fair area. This is because (if you recall) the ride was originally a stand-alone in the year of its installation (1989). It wasn't until a few years later that the Country Fair area was built in the surrounding area, and Falling Star was included in it as a kind of afterthought. 

This is as panoramic a picture of Medallion you can get. It's quite hard to capture it in its entirety due to how spacious it is and how it weaves in and out of the woods, but at least you can see the Batwing element and double corkscrew (if you look closely enough!), not previously shown in any update. (A bird's eye view shot is possible, I just haven't gotten around to that yet  :P ). The second half of the coaster has virtually no interaction with the rest of the park, but there may be some future construction here... which might explain why this area is securely gated.

That's it for today's update. Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:37 AM by TOGOFan »
"It's weird that pirates would go shore to shore looking for buried treasure when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making."

Offline FlyingDutchman7

• FD7 Amusement
    • View Profile
Re: Adirondack Adventure - 1995 - [2/20 Update] -
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2017, 10:43 AM »
I love this park. It feels so natural and realistic. You put a lot of effort into your buildings: they don't look boring at all and they are quite sophisticated.  :up:

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2017, 04:34 AM »
This is such an incredible park. I love the information centre, it looks so realistic. As if it was a real building.
I like the sunset shots. Looks so pretty as the parks lights come on
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Quinn

• Whahaha... No.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Very nice update, as always! These pictures show some sort of calmness. I just don't know if that's the park itself or the sunset but honestly, I don't care what it is. I just love the way it looks, and you are really good at giving these pictures a good vibe. Would love to see more.  ;)
Click the banner to visit my thread!

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2017, 01:39 PM »
The last picture is amazing, the giant wheel looks so great and the other rides and the whole park as well, very realistic!

Offline Quikrix

• "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2017, 04:28 AM »
First thing I know it was in your previous update but that waterslide looks great, as give me some inspiration to trying something out for myself!  ;)

That Swiss Chalet looks great really reminds of the ones you find in the alps and that last shot makes me want to pull up a chair and watch the sunset!

Offline sam_

• I tend to change, that's nature
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2017, 02:07 PM »
I agree^ im still in shock. Simply outstanding work, as always Togo.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2017, 02:27 AM »
love the security gates, and i hope there will be some expansions :)
keep it rollin...
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch