Star Wars Land - Galaxy's Edge (Batuu)

• 714 replies

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
Re: Star Wars Land - Dagobah
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Your star wars land is outstanding. Above all I like the darkride picture from the update before. Great stuff!

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2017, 12:00 PM »
Time to go for a day time ride on the Swamp Logs

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2017, 05:00 PM »
Looks like some of my favorite kayaking places ;)
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2017, 07:37 PM »
this guy would fit nicely in my Dagobah park of the park...he was outside my neighbor's door earlier today.

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2017, 03:22 PM »
Top down view of the log ride that shows the layout and scenery placement from above.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2017, 05:55 PM »
The new video and the gator pic have not changed my opinion of the kayakability of your ride.  So when it breaks down, rent boats ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2017, 05:48 PM »
One last ride on the Swamp logs at night

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2017, 05:49 PM »
Also...
BLUE PRINT CREDITS for this land.
I did use a few blueprint items in this land and want to make sure credit is given correctly.

First the good news...Tie Fighter was built by elekvault. The X-Wing Fighter was done by MuFuTee.

Now the slightly bad news...I also used three different lamp posts in this land, but I had saved them originally during the Alpha game...and re-saved them as a blueprint in the park, so as to not lose them...but by doing this I lost the creators of them...and can't find them in the current blueprints...so sorry.

Share who you are and take credit if you see you lamps in my park.Other than that...I believe everything I added in was from scratch.

Thx guys for sharing your work for others to use.I am using the blueprints more and more as my park makes progress.

Offline Celtikaa

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2017, 02:57 AM »
Whoaa i love star Wars and your Park rocks !

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2017, 09:28 AM »
I realize I should have had the map at the beginning of the posts for this land, but oh well, here they are now.
First the overview...

And here is the map:
Green is the Swamp Logs track and queue area
Pink is the monorail track that passes through the edge of this land
Blue are all the facilities, shops, and restaurants
Purple are the flat rides

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2017, 03:17 PM »
Walk through of Dagobah.

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Thank you for the video above.

You are right that night is much better looking at. That swap is simply amazing. Stunning with the amount of details. I also like Coruscant very much, and with the imperial palace.

Very nice overall work. Can't wait to see it grow. Nice usage and notice of other's people creations.

Thanks a million for your time building, and of course, for sharing it with the rest of the World.

Enjoyed very much.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 06:47 PM by Abbittibbi »
-Imagination at work!

-We are the PC makers. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2017, 05:14 PM »
Very nice walkthrough.  This is one of my favorite park areas because it looks like where I live.  PC doesn't need ambient sounds of frogs and crickets if you automatically hear them when seeing such places.  And even more, I want to kayak this place ;)
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

Offline Celtikaa

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2017, 05:45 AM »
Great video, we can more appreciate the work on the land. But i can see a little mistake on the flume layout, first drop doesn't have a long enough reception area, i guess. Log is already taking the turn and didn't finish to break. Except this, that's wonderful.

May the force be with you !

Offline ImagineerTom

• It all started with a mouse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2017, 11:48 AM »
Very interesting how you prefer videos over pictures for this park. Definitely helps me understand the layout a little better than pictures would, though. Really like what I'm seeing, so far!

« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2017, 07:45 AM »
Here is a Dagobah recap video to wrap up this land. Sorry about the bad FPS, still trying to figure out the best way to improve this.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2017, 01:59 PM »
Looking good and swampy! Enjoying this park as always!
Wagibear "It is entirely possible that Atari will attend in a different way than as a exhibitor. Someone may park their van outside the Convention Center entrance with a big Atari RCTw banner draped in the front window.  Or maybe Mattlab will dress in a trenchcoat and approuch anyone with a PRESS badge and whisper  "Psst!  Hey, wanna see a new video game?"... "

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2017, 11:02 AM »
heading back to Coruscant for a bit to post a couple videos I missed in the updates. Here is the coaster inside the Jedi-tower.

Re: Star Wars Land - Headed back to Coruscant
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2017, 11:20 AM »
Thank you for Jeditrainer coaster, was very nice to watch.

I also like the following camera angle you take, well done coaster and well done video as well, along with the music and lights, it is very nice. The ride track seem a bit hard on lateral G in some spots, but that is part of the thrill about this particular one. Fun to ride and it looks good on scenery.

Thank you for making it, and sharing.

Have a nice day.
-Imagination at work!

-We are the PC makers. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2017, 11:38 AM »
Well done with the theming, I know how much work it is to build any indoor ride, let alone a coaster.

I'm not a coaster expert by any means, but people have commented in the past on my coasters about unbanked turns, especially ones as sharp as these.  And I see you have at least 2 brake sections at the end but they don't seem to be having much effect, you're hitting that station pretty hard.  Still, it's a fun ride, and these are jedi so they should be able to handle the extra G forces :)

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2017, 12:01 PM »
this was one of the first coasters I built in this game so its not that great by any means as far as angles and such. I just didn't have the energy in me to go back and try to re-structure all that stuff. Better at it now and hope future coasters will be more easy on my riders. :)

« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2017, 03:20 PM »
Oh, I don't think you should change a thing.  It does it's job and the POV looks great.  Just passing on a couple of the tips people have helped me with (and yet I still struggle with every coaster I build!)   :n00b:

« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2017, 06:44 AM »

And here is a recap of Coruscant - enjo

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2017, 07:39 AM »
Love Corasant! You pulled it off well! I also enjoy the Jedi temple and how its the center point and main focus!
Wagibear "It is entirely possible that Atari will attend in a different way than as a exhibitor. Someone may park their van outside the Convention Center entrance with a big Atari RCTw banner draped in the front window.  Or maybe Mattlab will dress in a trenchcoat and approuch anyone with a PRESS badge and whisper  "Psst!  Hey, wanna see a new video game?"... "

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2017, 07:20 AM »
Very nice update for Coruscant serving as the Park's main street was obvious too. :facepalm:

Now all you need to do it fill the rest of the Planet with it. It is very nice blending of color and material on that section.

I also enjoy your timelapse.

Thanks for the update, very appreciated.
-Imagination at work!

Re: Star Wars Land - Welcome to the Moon of Endor
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2017, 02:48 PM »
Moving onto Endor. Here is a high level walk through of this land. I will follow up later with more detailed photos and videos. enjoy.

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2017, 05:57 PM »
Very cool scenery and so many details!  Love it.

But the video has very low FPS.  Is that indicative of what you get when playing it?
-Bullethead
My Steam Workshop page

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2017, 07:11 PM »
yes - it gets pretty bad at times. I'm starting to compartmentalize the park when I can for videos...and I need to watch the number of guest. Sometimes that gets away from me with the max number setting not working.

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2017, 12:12 PM »
Here is an overview map of this land

Here is the color coded version

Brown line is the Speed Bike coaster track and station
Pinkish line is the Speed Bike Jr. coaster track and station
Aqua line is the monorail track that passes through this land
Purple line is the Ewok Village track ride and station
Green areas are flat rides
Blue areas are Facilities, food and drink, and shops.

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2017, 06:57 AM »

As I start to show more photos and videos of this land...want to give credit to the blueprints used in this area.

Rebel Outpost - DreamMaster
Rope bridge - Captain Crumpets
AT-ST - Roswell23
Sci fi modular set - Madbeachfun
Speeder 1 - DirkTechno
Speeder 2 - OCTOP