• 234 replies

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Future World 1899 - Hotel Futura POV
« on: December 11, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Disclaimer:

Spoiler (hover to show)

The Future as envisioned by the greatest mind of the Victorian Age is on its way! Fly through the air in a magnificent flying machine or rocket across the land on a high-tech steam train; anything is possible with the latest science!

Your point of entry is the magnificent Future Expo hall.

From the outside the hall combines the grandeur of the Victorian era with new technology.

Central Station is the best way to take a train to the rest of the park, though if you want to go VERY fast we would recommend the prototype super-speed-train 'The Rocket', which crests over the station and graces the entry plaza of the park.

Whilst Planet Coaster is amazing, this version of the park will likely skip over dark rides due to the current limitations of the game. I hope however to make it as good as I can!

I hope you enjoy seeing this develop!

Heth.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:18 AM by Hethetheth »

Offline MoJo

• View Profile
Re: Future Expo 1893
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:26 PM »
My god, I am loving this feeling of utopia looking at the park, the gardens in particular. Very nice work with the buildings also. It's a shame that the darkrides are lackluster in PC so far, but I am still excited for more progress anyhow.  :)

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 04:44 AM »
well the roof of that hall looks great! Like that! Also the outside with that "garden things" looks cool. Show us some more :)
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 05:33 PM »
You nearly made me say a naughty word. Especially that 3rd picture  :drool: :love:

Offline blk_mamba

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Join the Fun! Kirkmen Island
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 08:50 PM »
Hethetheth + Planet Coaster = Awesome sauce! I like what I see so far. I'd like to see more of the great hall that you use to enter the park.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future Expo 1893 - The Rocket - 20th December
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 02:15 PM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome into the world of Planet Coaster!

I have been working further today on The Rocket's station and surroundings.

The station is where the prototype 'Rocket' train, the fastest train in the world, has been created, and you are taking it for a test run!

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 04:56 AM »
Looks nice, I like the vibe of the whole thing, you transported your Future Expo of RCT3 in a great way to Planet Coaster. Hopefully we will be able to create darkrides very soon (-> moving (roboter) cars).

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 07:32 AM »
Gorgeous architecture!  Looking forward to watching you test the limits of Planet Coaster like you always did with RCT3!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - updated 4th August
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 03:36 PM »
2016:

2017:

With the addition of billboards and video screens I have been able to revisit this sleeping park. I have restarted it, carrying over some of the old structures and reshaping what little there was of the layout. The park is no longer Future Expo 1893, turning into Future World 1899. I hope to get further with this version.

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 04:21 PM »
Looks fantastic!!

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 06:32 PM »
Styles for miles!  Very beautiful!
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page

Offline BlueSpirit

• ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 10:22 AM »
Love the new look. Those flags hanging from the roof add allot to the atmosphere.

Offline Future Imagineer

• Disneyologist
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 08:02 PM »
I really like the changes you've made. And I agree about the flags. They really give the space that "expo" feeling.
"And here's the tower for originally the PeopleMover, and then the Rocket Jets, and now just a pretty thing to look at. It's not what I really think!" - Tony Baxter

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 05:15 AM »
You can clearly see the improvements in 2017. The billboards are one of the best things that have been added to the game yet. Really love to see that this affects your park as well. Great update!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - updated 7th October
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 03:46 AM »
Hello hello hello everyone!

I have just had my interview to see if I can fully-qualify as an Architect (I find out in 2 weeks time), which means I now have time for Planet Coaster and Future World 1899. I have worked upon some of the rides in the park now, including Autobahn (a car ride), Iron Horse (a launched coaster) and The Rocket (a mine train coaster). Enjoy!

Offline InfiniteChaos

• InfiniteChaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 05:37 AM »
Looks nices! very lovely set up on the buildings and the rides! I look forward to seeing more soon!

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 02:23 PM »
I absolutely loved your RCT version, and now I'm really looking forward to seeing this park come alive in PC.

No one captures this distinctive look better than you! My only tiny little quibble is with the light posts. They seem way too bulky and heavy. Not sure what the solution is, but they just don't really work for me in this setting. Perhaps some gingerbread/iron sort of thing?

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 08:04 AM »
I'm loving the Jules Verne-ness of this all.  Your building exteriors are magnificent, and very inspiring as I'm trying to do a park with similar elements.  Love the contrast between the two main buildings you've shown, very different styles and colors but within the same genre.

Backing up a post to your expo hall renovation...  While it was an improvement, I feel there's a couple of elements in the original that I miss about the new re-do.  I liked the larger glass roof and the large gears on the back wall in the first pic (stealing that idea!) ...I like the light colors in both versions.  But I suppose maybe you could keep those ideas and use them elsewhere in the park, that way no good idea is lost.

I hope you're finding lots of time to work on this because I'm craving more and not a very patient person  :P

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 11:29 AM »
Man, I love the style you have gone for. The interiors and exteriors are just jaw dropping!
I love the final picture too with the coaster racing above the queue line  :w00t:
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline mb1.0.2

• Keepin' it Classy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 06:22 PM »
Always great to see this pop back up on the front page. Love your work Heth, hope to see more frequent updates from you!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 11:19 PM »
Thanks everyone for the comments.  I'm really pleased to announce that my interview was successful, and I am now a fully-qualified Architect in the UK :D

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 04:48 AM »
Congrats Hethetheth!
:D

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - updated 14th October
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 02:55 AM »

Good morning from Future World 1899!

Online Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 03:05 AM »
Thanks everyone for the comments.  I'm really pleased to announce that my interview was successful, and I am now a fully-qualified Architect in the UK :D

NO wonder your creations in Planet Coaster are awesome!!!  Congratulations!

Offline SPRidley

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 05:03 AM »
Loving those iron bridges, thats for sure.

Offline mineraljunction

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2017, 11:55 AM »
Many congrats to you, Hethetheth! Glad you're still working on the park as well - that overview looks great!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Iron Horse POV
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2017, 02:14 PM »
I have finally completed a POV. I hope you enjoy Iron Horse - an LIM launched coaster themed to a steampunk bullet train.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:18 PM by Hethetheth »

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2017, 08:53 AM »
The whole overview is really impressive and offers a world to explore. I love all the historical vehicles all around the pathways and the special objects like the creative lamps on the path. But the foliage is placed very good as well and the architecture is inspiring and unique as always.
Both of the coasters make a great background and skyline for the area.
And it is totaly fantastic to see a the coaster POV Iron Horse. Very smooth but intense and funny ride. I loved the top hat on some of the pictures before and it was a hell of fun to ride in now!

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2017, 12:52 AM »
Thank you very much zeroG! The top hat took a long time to make. At present I have another ride finished and ready to be filmed and hope to get that out soon :)

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2017, 05:01 AM »
Just watched again and noticed more details I missed the first time.  That clocktower made me smile.  I also recently stumbled across a video for the RCT3 version of this park and encourage anyone who hasn't seen that to do so, just amazing stuff that seems to exceed what that game was capable of.

One question, and it's not a critique even though it may sound like one.  Given what we now know to be your profession, the white track on iron horse is an interesting design choice that I'm sure was intentional.  It's not a color I would associate with Verne-era trains or the rest of the palette you've been working from so I guess I'm curious to hear your thoughts on why you went with that...  (Again, please don't take that the wrong way because I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about and you are clearly a master of the craft.) 

Congrats on the job, would love to see samples of your "real world" work sometime.