Fallingwater

• 10 replies
Fallingwater
« on: May 16, 2020, 07:19 PM »
This is my attempt at a re-creation of Frank Lloyd Wright's "Fallingwater", aka The Kaufman House.   Some creative liberties will be taken on account of Planco scaling issues, and on account of some rather horrible dimension mis-estimates on my part.   But *mostly* it's in scale.

Technically this isn't a park, but the workshop file will be a park file as opposed to a blueprint, mostly due to the important role that the terrain played in the design and construction of the house.

^^The garage/guest house is still under construction up on the hill in this photo.

^^The plunge pool at the main house, and the staircase that extends down from the living room to the surface of the creek.

I'm also trying to do the interiors.

More to come!

Offline JB

• ^ Ricky Rat
    • View Profile
Re: Fallingwater
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 09:14 PM »
Wow! This looks great, JP. I have only a passing familiarity with Fallingwater, but this is instantly recognizable. The wrap-around corner windows, the cantilevered portions, the custom-made furniture, the natural setting amongst the rocks and waterfalls- amazing!

Offline wabigbear

• Gringo en Brasil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 04:58 AM »
This is just stunning.  And as usual your presentation skills with your screenshots are perfect.  Beautiful interiors, and I love the lighting!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 05:01 AM »
Just breathtaking! Having been there a couple of times, all I can say is...... WOW!

Offline RCT D!

• Creator of Grimestone Mine - The VAULT - Periculum
    • View Profile
    • RCT D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 06:37 AM »
Great structure! THe indoor scenery looks fantastic and the modern vibe is perfectly captured. Well done!

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 07:08 AM »
So amazing, JP.  Like photos from Architectural Digest.  WOW.  The interior shots are particularly nice.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 12:15 PM »
awesome. Greta exterior, great interior and great work on the water

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 06:38 AM »
This a brilliant!
I remember a contest hosted by n7 back in the days of RCT3 where I tried this house as well.
It´s quite a challenge to re-create this wonderful masterpiece of architecture by FLW.
You´ve done a marvellous job, espacially with the interiors.

greetz
zeroG
NO MATTER YOUR CONDITION IT´s ALWAYS YOUR MINDSET

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 11:16 AM »
very nice!

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 03:54 AM »
This is gorgeous. You've completely nailed the Frank Lloyd Wright vibe here.

Offline Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 07:08 AM »
Dude this looks wonderful! You captured that Frank vibe very well! Looks so peaceful, he was way ahead of his time for sure! Good effort!