Future World 1899 - Change Places!

• 212 replies
Re: Future World 1899 - Change Places!
« Reply #210 on: September 04, 2018, 06:24 AM »
I don't have any problems with the current design, other than I need more.  MORE, I say. :D

Having said that, I like that you are your own biggest critic and that makes you continuously strive to make it better.  And I will gladly accept whatever it takes to keep your interest in this project elevated, because I will never be ready for this one to end.

I have an interview question for you though: What do you use for visual influences on this project, mostly all of the exteriors?  This isn't something that can be easily googled.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2018, 01:31 PM »
/\ A lot of it comes from existing Victorian Architecture, but mixed in with some industrial buildings and the odd steel structures and art-deco details. I'm fortunate that the UK has tons of excellent inspirational buildings for this kind of theme.

Baron 1898 at Efteling has been instrumental to the park's design, especially the colour scheme.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

So, the 'new' park is underway now. Things are changing as they go along, as most rides I want to add aren't made yet, but i've got something of a plan. The new entrance is built (as I'm rather fond of it). It's WAY smaller than the previous one, and far more realistic in scale.

You'll see in the background a new ride...sort of. Skyrider was fun, but ultimately quite unrealistic. I decided that the tower portion of it wasn't that great, and I really would rather it interacted more with the park (whereas before it was self-contained). I have decided to combine it with another concept which has been done before: the bullet train coaster (videos released as 'Iron Horse'). The plan now is to have the launched train themed coaster merged with the skyline theming of the Skyrider, and have the coaster after the 'top hat' element weaving around the buildings, which this time will have actual functions and are not just oversized scenery. Means the ride is simultaneously bigger and yet more compact as the space beneath it is in use.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 01:39 PM by Hethetheth »

Offline Bullethead

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 13, 2018, 05:25 PM »
Your description of your future plans sounds like the threats of a Jules Verne villain, which I am TOTALLY down with and have no doubt that you'll deliver on.  Are you hiring minions?  You look likely to be the winner of any global war in the Victorian era :).
-Bullethead
NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ÆQVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE
My Steam Workshop page