Future World 1899 - Hotel Futura POV

• 234 replies

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Iron Horse POV
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2017, 08:23 AM »
Just watched again and noticed more details I missed the first time.  That clocktower made me smile.  I also recently stumbled across a video for the RCT3 version of this park and encourage anyone who hasn't seen that to do so, just amazing stuff that seems to exceed what that game was capable of.

One question, and it's not a critique even though it may sound like one.  Given what we now know to be your profession, the white track on iron horse is an interesting design choice that I'm sure was intentional.  It's not a color I would associate with Verne-era trains or the rest of the palette you've been working from so I guess I'm curious to hear your thoughts on why you went with that...  (Again, please don't take that the wrong way because I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about and you are clearly a master of the craft.) 

Congrats on the job, would love to see samples of your "real world" work sometime.

Thank you very much! I totally understand what you mean about the track colour. The reason it's white was because I wanted it to look new and fresh. I notice that a lot of 'Steampunk' themes tend to have a lot of muted colours and browns, and I wanted to try and avoid that. I tired grey (like a railroad) and it just didn't look right, and nor did green or blue, so I tried white and just thought it looked right!

Offline matt9537

• View Profile
    • Subscribe to BackwardsProductions
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2017, 11:44 AM »
The video really created a sense of magic and joy. It really felt like I was going on a grand adventure :)
Iron Horse was a beautifully realistic ride. Loved it  :up:
Planet Coaster Tutorials - If you're new to Planet Coaster or an experienced player you'll find something new you can learn! [Updated]
Planet Coaster Blueprint Essentials - Don't start a new project without these!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2017, 02:39 PM »
Soon departing from Future World 1899 Airfield: Flying Ace!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Update 14th November
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 02:32 PM »
Future World...1499?

Future World 1899 isn't just for Victorian Visionaries! Just past the Gardens of Invention can be found Port Renaissance, where you can step into Da Vinci's shoes.

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 05:52 PM »
I love where you're going with this...  I get that it's just a teaser, but aside from the flying machines I'm feeling like it needs "more Da Vinci..."  I wish I had specific suggestions but I figure you're the professional and I like to be surprised...    Meanwhile, a big YES to the name "Port Renaissance".  Was that in the original version as well?

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 05:55 PM »
This looks incredible! I am always amazed by the level of detail you put in all of your creations! I cannot wait for more!

Offline Berlin87

• Park Lunamoon
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 02:02 AM »
What an ingenious design, a lift and a splash right next to each other. This is something we rarely see, even though it could be considered as such an obvious choice. You are utilising as little space as you can, while achieving maximum effect - or should I say, impact.
Impeccable pathing, innovative ride design and solid architecture all take this park to a higher level. It's refreshing to see someone stick to good core design, rather than overdecorating every nook and cranny.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Thanks for the compliments guys!

JPAlmighT: There was a Da Vinci dark ride, but no Port Renaissance :)

I have a new ride to show, and one which shows off a bit more of the park, called Autobahn.

Enjoy

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:23 PM by Hethetheth »

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Future World 1899 - Autobahn POV
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2017, 12:22 AM »
the idea of the autobahn is nice, but the upper part for me doesent make "ense" you drive over 2 bridges, just to have a turn at the end and ride back? thats a bit boring i think? maybe you could ad a tunnel at the end in this building right at the turn? so you can ride trough that in a "museum styled room" there you drive trough and on the other side you can come out and drive back over the other two brigeds.

sry i dont wana mimimi but like this for me it looks a bit borng (the track layout) :) hope you understand what i wana say :D
Streamer and Youtuber from switzerland!
Visit: !twitter! // !Youtube // !Twitch

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
Re: Future World 1899 - Autobahn POV
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2017, 03:48 AM »
The setting of the Autobahn is so well done. The bridges look unique and great. Such an attraction has to be in every park. The soundtrack underlines and supports the atmosphere and vibe of this attraction in a perfect way. It´s a fantastic addition to Future World.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Da Vinci River Ride workshop release
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2017, 08:39 AM »
Hi guys. I've decided to take on board the comments of JayBlastOne. JBO, you are right it is a boring ride! I was looking at the park and thinking that, as nice as the park looks, it just isn't the vision of the future I wanted it to be. It needs more buildings, more futuristic inventions and needs to be less messy as well. So, I am going to save the important structures and I am going to rearrange the park a bit, remake a few of the rides and make it feel like the proper 1899 vision of the future it should be.

As part of this, the Da Vinci River Ride has been removed. However, I have uploaded it to the workshop (with all the old paths of Future World still in the file). I hope you enjoy!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218988739

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2017, 01:10 PM »
Hi guys. I've decided to take on board the comments of JayBlastOne. JBO, you are right it is a boring ride! I was looking at the park and thinking that, as nice as the park looks, it just isn't the vision of the future I wanted it to be. It needs more buildings, more futuristic inventions and needs to be less messy as well. So, I am going to save the important structures and I am going to rearrange the park a bit, remake a few of the rides and make it feel like the proper 1899 vision of the future it should be.
Glad to hear you're going to make some changes. I'm liking this park a lot, but I also thought the Autobahn was boring. I just didn't want to say anything as lately I've been attacked any time I've given negative criticism to anyone. ;) It takes a while to get the hang of PC and to make really impressive parks. I think you're just hitting your stride now and I look forward to seeing the improvements.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2017, 01:13 PM »
I'm bummed because I know how long it took you get this far.  But I also know how important it is for the final product to fit your personal vision.  I will wait again patiently.  Sort of.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2017, 03:47 PM »
I'm bummed because I know how long it took you get this far.  But I also know how important it is for the final product to fit your personal vision.  I will wait again patiently.  Sort of.

Hopefully it won't take too long! I have buildings saved anyway to speed it up!

Glad to hear you're going to make some changes. I'm liking this park a lot, but I also thought the Autobahn was boring. I just didn't want to say anything as lately I've been attacked any time I've given negative criticism to anyone. ;) It takes a while to get the hang of PC and to make really impressive parks. I think you're just hitting your stride now and I look forward to seeing the improvements.

Thanks shyguy! Feel free to criticise if necessary,  I welcome opportunities to improve. I won't let the buildings I've already made go to waste, but looking at the rides again I feel that there are missed opportunitit's. I was thinking of addingoing in a car factory portion and city section to the ride to suit the theme more. The park looked nice...just not like the theme should be!

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 08:01 AM »
The water ride is so compact and realistic, it´s a great creation at all. The theme fits perfectly to the ride and is detailed as well. Nice job!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2017, 01:05 PM »
Thanks RCT D!

The reworking of the park is going very well. I'm already much happier with the park, and it's feeling much more compact.

Iron Horse has received more theming which interacts with the ride, in particular this train yard.

Iron Horse and Flying Ace now intertwine and the two areas are merged into one! This area also houses Around the World in 80 Days (the building for which you may notice used to be in front of the Sky Wheel in previous updates).

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2017, 02:47 AM »
The log fume is a masterpiece in the way its layouted and constructed. Like Berlin87 already said: Its an ingenius design.
I have the feeling the whole park becomes more modern and like you said compact. That fits the theme very good.
The last shot is really over-whelming. The coaster skyline in the sunset is more than beautyful!

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline Nemmie

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2017, 02:27 PM »
This park is really gorgeous. I really like how clean and crisp it looks. The lines are great. And the flume is beautiful.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2017, 02:54 AM »
:-O oh wow what have i done :D xD but i know what you mean. my problem is alwayse i start another park from scratch, but thats maybe my problem, so my parks alwayse looks horrible in placement hehe. your "rework" so far looks great. i like it. and that logflume is just awesome, maybe he find its place again would love to see that again!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2017, 09:39 AM »
I accidentally overwrote the file for the park. I can only apologise. I'm torn up that this has happened to so much work. Not sure what to do now.

EDIT: Good news! I found a backup. Now, sadly it's 2 weeks old, so I've had to remake a few things, but it's better than nothing.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 12:01 PM by Hethetheth »

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2017, 09:16 AM »
I'm pleased to say that despite the setback I have made progress!

I have done more landscaping around the park:

Reworking the park has enabled me to add a dark-ride section to the Autobahn ride, now called World of Motors:

Re: Future World 1899 - World of Motors first look.
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2017, 11:21 AM »
Glad you found the backup.  Also glad you kept that bridge, I think the new layout for this ride will eliminate that redundancy the first version had (which was really the only problem it had, I think.)

Your dark ride staging and lighting is the stuff of legends, and the last pic proves that.

Offline Alxou

• Last night a DJ saved my life...
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - World of Motors first look.
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2017, 03:29 PM »
Man that is really nice! I love the details you put in every building!
Twitter : Alxou_PC

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - World of Motors Update
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2017, 11:33 AM »

I've made leaps with World of Motors, particularly the finale which takes place in a city-scape. I'm doing my best to make sure this properly avoids being 'boring' like Autobahn ;)

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2017, 02:37 PM »
That dark ride section of World of Motors looks awesome. Sorry to hear you lost so much work. But that seems to be a right of passage for Planet Coaster players. We've all been there. The new reincarnation is looking so much better.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2017, 05:45 PM »
Stunning three dimensional work as always!

Can't wait to see the finished ride.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2017, 02:47 PM »

I'm trying something new here. I rarely show stuff in an unfinished state, and prefer to use edited videos. Instead I'm going to attempt to show sections of the park in real-time un-edited form. If people like this I may continue to show some updates this way.

Offline AemJaY

• Swiss Coaster builder
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Future World 1899 - World of Motors Update / Video Overview
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2017, 05:01 AM »
great overview video. you got my sub and like :) love the new way you have taken autobahn! and damn that blue bridge over the water looks stunning!

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2017, 06:00 AM »
Wonderful video!
And the World of Motors panorama is absolutly fantastic. The idea of a conveyor belt is very cool and creative and fits the theme of the ride so well.
Details and illumination are perfect like always. This so your style and it´s still pure joy to see how you have translated it into PC.

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2018, 11:16 AM »
Thank you very much for your kind words!

Little update here, I've made some progress on an attempt at a junior boomerang style coaster and a themed Industrial area.

Additionally I've done much more on the World of Motion themed area, which includes a food stand (Refuel Station) outside the Iron Horse ride.

EDIT:

Please also find below the latest Work-In-Progressland update

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:37 PM by Hethetheth »