Future World 1899 - Change Places!

• 212 replies

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - World of Motors POV!
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2018, 05:12 AM »
I am very excited to be able to share the POV for World of Motors. I definitely feel proud of this one, especially as it replaces the boring Autobahn ride!

EDIT: I tried to remove the video from a playlist and accidentally deleted the video instead...oops! It's re-uploading right now and I'll post it again once it's done!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 01:34 PM by Hethetheth »

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2018, 05:48 AM »
You definitely create a stunning dark ride experience. The theming is fantastic and the illumination presents the objects and animatronics in the best light. The ride feels vivid due to the many different effects and animatronics. It´s so realistic, it must be a very tiny hall in which the ride is created but the length is not short anyway. One of you best creations in this game so far, especially the atmosphere is unique. Nevertheless you should record your  video and different tracking shots with the help of the cheat engine to make your videos a lot smoother and get a better video quality. The POV and video is very laggy it feels like it´s about 10 FPS at some parts.

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2018, 06:07 AM »
Keeping in mind that I did not hate the first version, this is just fantastic.   Instead of making steampunk the theme, it's being used to enhance a better theme in a way that makes sense.   Love the lighting throughout, loved the fake city, and I really smiled at the assembly line/car painting scene.  It's just all so well done.  It fits this park so well, and it would be a fun ride in ANY park.

Something that's certainly not worth filming another video for:  Maybe use real peeps on the actual ride and test dummies for the assembly line to differentiate the two.  But if lag was an issue I can see why you didn't. 

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2018, 12:54 PM »
nice ride

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2018, 01:06 PM »
So much better. This is the quality I expect from Hethetheth. :) I loved the painting scene. I couldn't tell if you used two sets of tracks with different colored cars, or lighting to achieve the effect, but it was great.
Browse the Best of the Workshop at the Planet Coaster Depot

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Thanks everyone for your kind words! So, Captain Stupid here added the video to a playlist, tried to remove it, and instead deleted the whole video!

The new video is at this link, which should go live in a few hours. Sorry!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Flying Ace and Iron Horse POVs
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2018, 12:56 PM »
So much better. This is the quality I expect from Hethetheth. :) I loved the painting scene. I couldn't tell if you used two sets of tracks with different colored cars, or lighting to achieve the effect, but it was great.

Thank you very much. It is two separate tracks with different colour cars, though with hindsight i probably could have achieved this with lighting.

nice ride

Thank you very much :)

Keeping in mind that I did not hate the first version, this is just fantastic.   Instead of making steampunk the theme, it's being used to enhance a better theme in a way that makes sense.   Love the lighting throughout, loved the fake city, and I really smiled at the assembly line/car painting scene.  It's just all so well done.  It fits this park so well, and it would be a fun ride in ANY park.

Something that's certainly not worth filming another video for:  Maybe use real peeps on the actual ride and test dummies for the assembly line to differentiate the two.  But if lag was an issue I can see why you didn't. 

Lag has been a bit of issues, so that is why the park isn't filled with guests. I know you didn't hate it, but I must thank you and others for being critical of Autobahn as it fuelled my desire to create a much better ride :)

You definitely create a stunning dark ride experience. The theming is fantastic and the illumination presents the objects and animatronics in the best light. The ride feels vivid due to the many different effects and animatronics. It´s so realistic, it must be a very tiny hall in which the ride is created but the length is not short anyway. One of you best creations in this game so far, especially the atmosphere is unique. Nevertheless you should record your  video and different tracking shots with the help of the cheat engine to make your videos a lot smoother and get a better video quality. The POV and video is very laggy it feels like it´s about 10 FPS at some parts.

Noted! You'll be pleased that for the below POVs I used Cheat Engine to make smooth on-rides :) Thanks!

Double whammy POVs!!!

I have managed to create videos for two rides this weekend. I have made the revised Iron Horse on-ride video following the reconfiguring and revitalising of the park. I have also posted below the video to a new ride: Flying Ace, an inverted coaster themed to Victorian-era style biplanes! Enjoy :)

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Flying Ace and Iron Horse POVs
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2018, 09:09 AM »
Now that the POVs have been released, I have decided to release a 'preview' version of Iron Horse and Flying Ace to the workshop. Please note this is not a complete version of the park, and it is just the rides and a few of their neighbours. Incomplete areas are fenced off.

Whilst I'm releasing the file so people can explore the park, please respect the work and refrain from copying structures or rides into other park files. I will release blueprints at a later date for workshop use :)

Enjoy
Heth

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1263518903

Re: Future World 1899 - Flying Ace and Iron Horse POVs / Workshop link
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2018, 04:38 AM »
I have to say that your park is just beautiful! I love all the wide open plazas, the mix of paths, the clever use of completely unrelated scenery bits into a cohesive whole. Very well done. The scale of the buildings is massive, but it just all flows and works wonderfully. Bravo!

You sure like to keep your gardeners busy, don't you? I don't think I've ever seen so much topiary in one park!  :D

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Flying Ace and Iron Horse POVs / Workshop link
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2018, 06:09 PM »
This park is spectacular! I love the level of detail of each area, and I am inspired to create immersive experiences like you have. Good work!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Update: Metropolis facade.
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2018, 01:32 PM »
I have a new image to share, and one I'm quite proud of. For a while I toyed with the idea of actually making a city scene for the park, but realised the scale would be so big it'd be unrealistic. Instead, I've made a forced perspective skyline on top of the facade of one of the upcoming dark rides (called 'Metropolis').

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 01:44 PM by Hethetheth »

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Update 2018.02.04 - Metropolis facade.
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2018, 03:24 PM »
Love it. Can't wait to see what delights you have in store for us on the inside.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Update 2018.02.11
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2018, 10:51 AM »
Thank you very much Shyguy! I've not started the ride yet, but since it's right at the forefront of the hub, I kind of needed to make the facade early!

I've added a new flat ride to Future World 1899's Industrial Zone, which I've uploaded to the workshop as well as a ride skin :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1298694623

Offline KiDFoX

• Legendary RCT3 Architect - Planet Coaster Newb..
    • View Profile
    • Fox Amusements - The site I have not touched in years
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2018, 10:57 AM »
Now that is how to theme a flat ride.
Fox Amusements is the largest, longest continuously running, most successful virtual theme park company in the Tycoon type games communities.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMkrN91L2KiAfAyu_Zi6HDw

@foxamusements

Offline Berlin87

• Park Lunamoon
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2018, 11:50 AM »
Amazing theming, heth. Great job

Offline RCT D!

• San Lacrona Beach Resort
    • View Profile
    • Rollercoaster Tycoon D! - YouTube Channel
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2018, 02:06 PM »
You themed that flatride in a fantastic way. I tried to theme that ride for the last Summer Showdown so I know how difficult it could be to find an appropriate theme. You had to create an interesting theme so that it fits into your Future World area and I like the outcome a lot.

Offline zeroG

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2018, 11:21 AM »
The entrance facade is just incredible. Very good decision to make a city skyline facade on top of it to keep it in scale.
I love the steampunk theme for the Helion Ring. Totaly creative!
The highlights for me personally are both coaster videos. Each layout is fantastic. The top hat of Iron Horse looks incredible and it´s a great experience to ride it. I know how much pain it is to make a propper top hat like that. But the whole layout fit´s the coastery type perfectly.
The inverted coaster is fantastic as well. Maybe the 1st drop could be a bit more steeper. But espacially the wing over above the final brake run was amazing as well.
The whole park has turned out in to a uinque world of wonders. Great job!

greetz
zeroG
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW YOU

Offline CoasterCad

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2018, 11:50 AM »
I really dig those last two screens. Nice additions to an already fantastic park. Great work!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2018, 06:38 AM »
Thanks everyone!

I have been working on a previous ride, and turning it into a dark ride. Coming very soon to Future World 1899 is 'Da Vinci River Adventure'.

Re: Future World 1899 - Da Vinci River Adventure preview.
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2018, 06:51 AM »
Really like that you are taking already-great attractions and refining them on the go; it's great to see that thought process play out.  As for this ride, my comment about the prior version was "needs more Davinci."  I'm already feeling that from these screenshots.  Can't wait.

Offline Berlin87

• Park Lunamoon
    • View Profile
    • Planet Coaster Fans on Facebook
Re: Future World 1899 - Da Vinci River Adventure preview.
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2018, 02:57 AM »
So looking forward to that darkride, Heth  :love:

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World 1899 - Da Vinci River Adventure POV
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2018, 07:41 AM »
POV release time!

I hope you enjoy.

As this is a very compact ride, I shall be posting a blueprint version of the show building and ride some time soon :)

« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2018, 08:29 AM »
very cool ride. Lots of movement and action. The details were great.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2018, 02:24 PM »
Thanks!

The ride is now available as a Steam Workshop item for everyone to use :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1330223868

Offline shyguy

• Theme Parkologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2018, 03:01 PM »
Very cool and unique ride. I especially thought the lighting was well done. Great job on recreating his inventions. But I was waiting to see the Mona Lisa. ;)

Offline cody

• Unlock the magic within!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2018, 06:38 PM »
I really like the Da Vinci River Adventure. I feel classic dark rides are brilliant, but using a water based attraction adds more of an old school charm that some parks still have to this day. I will say that this attraction is innovative considering how technologically advanced the entire park is, and I am just in love with all of the details. Amazing creation as usual!

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2018, 02:28 PM »
Where would any futuristic city be without its mass-transportation system. Lurking beneath Future World 1899 is Underground Express, where steam-powered Tube-trains navigate tunnels at high speed. Hold on tight and mind the gap!

Offline CoasterCad

• shyguy's World Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2018, 05:16 AM »
Love the theming of an underground transportation system. The station looks fantastic.

Offline Hethetheth

• Hey!!! look here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2018, 11:32 AM »
Hi guys. I have a conundrum.

So, I 'finished' the POV of Underground Express, an attempt at a realistically themed Steampunk rollercoaster in an underground transit system. The ride is based on similar indoor coasters (e.g. Vogel Rok, EuroSat, Space Mountain). I managed to get the ride super compact and 'realistic'. Only problem is that realistic also winds up involving lots of very dark spots with not much to see.

I've put the test POV video below and would love to know your thoughts. Should I sacrifice realism to add in more scenery or is the ride enjoyable as it is? Have I even made it realistic to begin with? Am I being mad???

Offline Fisherman

• I'm a nice guy-REALLY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Not mad at all!  It's brilliant!  And yes...quite compact and realistic.